Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Tampa is stinkin it up.

and Madden is gone
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Buck is just horrible

Sure he's not the flat out best ever, like his papa, but he's not horrible for a network style jack of all trades announcer.
    did anybody tell tampa that they arern't the cubs

it's painful listening to their implosion

for you people watching the game on tv, how full is the stadium?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    go rangers
    www.myspace.com
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    81 wrote:

It's fairly cleared out by now.
    81 wrote:

i was curious what it was like early in the game. i mean, they were only pulling 10K for late season games vs. the yanks. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    The ongoing set of Dane Cook, Lopez Tonight, Frank Caliendo Show, Bon Jovi, and Kid Rock are killing everything I love about baseball.

Also, MLB Productions is seriously underrated as opposed to something like NFL Films. They need to start utilizing all this behind-the-scene footage a lot better.
    The ongoing set of Dane Cook, Lopez Tonight, Frank Caliendo Show, Bon Jovi, and Kid Rock are killing everything I love about baseball.

Also, MLB Productions is seriously underrated as opposed to something like NFL Films. They need to start utilizing all this behind-the-scene footage a lot better.

they play in the toughest division in baseball and still put up a nice record. you can't tell me if they played in a weaker division (al or NL) that they wouldn't make it??????????
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

they play in the toughest division in baseball and still put up a nice record. you can't tell me if they played in a weaker division (al or NL) that they wouldn't make it??????????

I think you're getting your threads mixed up. :lol:

Dude, here's the thing - they don't. 2. THEY are the team that builds that competition, not Toronto, Baltimore or Tampa Bay. New York AND Boston are the reason that division is the way it is - point being it's cyclical when teams like TB, TO, and Bal are competitive. It happens in other divisions as well.

3. The whole NL/AL argument cannot be made. Two entirely different leagues, constructed entirely differently, managed entirely differently. You can never compare team stats such as ERA, AVG, etc. etc. of an AL team with that of an NL team. I already wrote about this somewhere else. The 9th batter in an AL lineup is a professional hitter, while the 9th hitter in an NL team is a professional pitcher. The whole argument of "the NL is weaker than the AL" is preposterous solely for this reason - well, not solely but is ALWAYS my lead-in argument. The two can NEVER be compared. I'm not even going to include how the DH is an atrocity to the sport - and I'm not just saying that because I'm an avid supporter of an NL team.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    I do agree you can't say the red sox would be dominant in the NL because if the Red Sox were in the NL they wouldn't have Ortiz. I think it is fair to say if they were aligned differently within the AL they would be a playoff team though.

It is a fact that it is much easier for pitchers to pitch in the NL than the AL. This cannot be argued.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I do agree you can't say the red sox would be dominant in the NL because if the Red Sox were in the NL they wouldn't have Ortiz. I think it is fair to say if they were aligned differently within the AL they would be a playoff team though.

It is a fact that it is much easier for pitchers to pitch in the NL than the AL. This cannot be argued.

But that's neither here nor there. It's a HUGE part of the strategy of NL baseball that is thus taken out of AL play - which where, in theory, pitchers can go longer. As one can make the argument that the NL favors the pitcher cannot argue that the AL favors hitters. So the point of that is - yeah, so... fucking ...what? Apples.... and.... oranges. As much as I hate cliches....
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    go rangers

Claw and Antlers up!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

But that's neither here nor there. It's a HUGE part of the strategy of NL baseball that is thus taken out of AL play - which where, in theory, pitchers can go longer. As one can make the argument that the NL favors the pitcher cannot argue that the AL favors hitters. So the point of that is - yeah, so... fucking ...what? Apples.... and.... oranges. As much as I hate cliches....

Ahh shut up :lol::lol:
    Weaker league by far
    Move the phils giants and cards to AL and get rid of the NL :mrgreen:;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ahh shut up :lol::lol:
    Weaker league by far
    Move the phils giants and cards to AL and get rid of the NL :mrgreen:;)

I want nothing to do with your God damn mutant position of DH. :mrgreen:
    Like godzilla. :mrgreen:

peace
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i was curious what it was like early in the game. i mean, they were only pulling 10K for late season games vs. the yanks. :roll:
    I believe they said about 35k showed up.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    is it some sort of equal opportunity thing that half of the tbs studio guys must be bald? :lol:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    Jason Heyward is from Jordan?

ha, GEORGIA, I am an idiot. Speak clearly asshole, you are an announcer. Why is it such a big deal that 2 players in a game are from Georgia.
    I don't wanna jinx anyone, but is the first round going to be all sweeps? I can definitely see it happening.
    2 national league winning pitchers combined:

18 innings pitched...2 hits allowed.

pitching.
    pitching.
    pitching.

GO. PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    hell of a game by Lincecum :(

although had that ump been in position and made the right call by calling Posey out on the steal attempt, they might have been in for a long, extra inning game because neither team was doing anything at the plate
    hell of a game by Lincecum :(

although had that ump been in position and made the right call by calling Posey out on the steal attempt, they might have been in for a long, extra inning game because neither team was doing anything at the plate

i'd prefer the braves for obvious reasons, but the pitching match ups in a phils/giants nlcs will be EPIC.
    www.myspace.com
    norm wrote:
    is it some sort of equal opportunity thing that half of the tbs studio guys must be bald? :lol:

when they go to a wide shot, i almost feel as if my tv is going to topple over to the right side... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • hell of a game by Lincecum :(

Seems like we are getting quite a few botched calls in the playoffs. Check swing strikes, calls at second, strikes called balls.

Oh well, GO GIANTS!!
    HUM BABY!!
  • BTW, how hot is that chick at the Twins game yelling at the ump about the strikezone? DAMN!!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    BroomAntlers.jpg

Antlers Up!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    kinda looks like the yanks are coming to rip your antlers off :mrgreen:
    let's see how roy jr follows up the greatest pitching performance of our lifetime tonight. :mrgreen:

i shall be in the parking lot by 2:30...weather's beautiful, god bless america...

GO PHILS!!!!
    www.myspace.com
    let's see how roy jr follows up the greatest pitching performance of our lifetime tonight. :mrgreen:

i shall be in the parking lot by 2:30...weather's beautiful, god bless america...

GO PHILS!!!!

tim wasn't too shabby himself last night

should be two good LCS 's
  • What a sad state of umpiring we are dealing with in MLB. You NEVER see managers tossed out of playoff games and it has happened twice already in the 1st round. It's pretty sad.