Noblesville poster

spencer958spencer958 Posts: 279
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the Noblesville poster by the Ames Bros. I thought I was nice, picked one up for myself.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_N5VYaU-tcbw/S ... oster2.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    large fan...already dropped off at the framers
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
    You asked so I'll tell... I hated it. Me and the wife were disappointed in it so much so we didn't even buy one. lol.
    Gonna try and score me a St. Louis one. Now that I love.

BTW.. Louisville here as well!
  • jg1988jg1988 Posts: 181
    i think its really cool with the color scheme as well as the picture itself.
  • Not my fave poster. Was wondering who the artist was.
    I'm hoping for a Klaussen or Emerk (sp) tomorrow or Monday.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    here's a bigger detail ... http://amesbrosshop.com/images/products ... i_crop.jpg

The one eyed deviled angel tied up in thorns is pretty cool. The skinned human's head is strange as the neck part is popped out front & head forcing and screaming in pain out. :shock:
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    It's better than Columbus (what a piece of crap), but not as good as STL, JazzFest or KC.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

BK only did one print for the May tour, New Orleans. He has a few on the go for the European Tour.
    Hopefully EMEK has another or 2 more to go.
  • demetrios wrote:

BK only did one print for the May tour, New Orleans. He has a few on the go for the European Tour.
    Hopefully EMEK has another or 2 more to go.

Aww that sucks!! Ya lets hope for another Emek.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,895
    It's better than Columbus (what a piece of crap), but not as good as STL, JazzFest or KC.
    Jazzfest tops the list for posters. Columbus will continue to be last with Indy fighting for the same spot!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Jazzfest tops the list for posters. Columbus will continue to be last with Indy fighting for the same spot!! :mrgreen:
    And mark my word, there will be at least one or two more hideous posters coming up in the next few weeks! Ames is doing 2 more right? :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    I think it's the best of the tour so far, but that's not saying much. Klausen's was good, but not nearly as good as what we all know he can do.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Posts: 1,179
    I have an extra Noblesville poster if anyone is interested. Looking for cost.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,895
    mickeyrat wrote:
    And mark my word, there will be at least one or two more hideous posters coming up in the next few weeks! Ames is doing 2 more right? :lol:
    yeah, on further review , I think Indy takes the lead(for last) , and columbus is in it's own WTF? catagory. IMO Indy is just down right ugly. Columbus , where the fuck did that come from? Really?

Damn g;ad the quality of the show isn't relate dto the quality of the poster!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Personally, I don't feel it & like the STL poster. Sorry, Official MLB Team logo's or any Official National Sports Association logos & trademarks mixed in with Rock N' Roll acts made for rock show's isn't artisitc @ all. We've seen this last year on the 2009 tour T-shirts. It's good enough.

Plus Scotttrade Arena isn't where the Cardinals play baseball at. It's the home of the St. Louis Blues NHL team. If Pearl Jam played @ the Busch Stadium, the poster would of made alot of sense.
    demetrios wrote:
    Personally, I don't feel it & like the STL poster. Sorry, Official MLB Team logo's or any Official National Sports Association logos & trademarks mixed in with Rock N' Roll acts made for rock show's isn't artisitc @ all. We've seen this last year on the 2009 tour T-shirts. It's good enough.

Plus Scotttrade Arena isn't where the Cardinals play baseball at. It's the home of the St. Louis Blues NHL team. If Pearl Jam played @ the Busch Stadium, the poster would of made alot of sense.
    I only like STL because it's simple and I'm a sucker for baseball and Pearl Jam.

Would it be too much to ask Brad nicely to do all the posters for the 2011 tour? Please...

I also want to say too that I miss the old ames brothers designs. It just seems their either mailing it in on these recent posters.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    I'm hoping for big things from Hampton and Munk One.

Klausen has the best one of the tour thus far.

I kind of like this Ames... I mean, it's nothing fantastic, but for some reason I'm drawn to it... don't know if I'll pay 60 for the AP, but I may pick one up when 10C liquidates their first...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    saved 60 bucks thanks to the terrible Columbus and Indy posters. I dont mind.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Vedderhead1Vedderhead1 Posts: 189
    Who is doing the Buffalo poster? Any idea? Thanks in advance.... :mrgreen:
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    i guess i'm in the minority but i kind of like the columbus poster...however, i definitely dont get the theme. seems more suited for oklahoma or something?!?! kind of get a gold rush/manifest destiny feel; not sure how it fits columbus. oh well, bought one and it was a kickass show so something to remember it by. as for the indy poster, kind of simple, reminds me of bonnaroo a bit which i like better
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    shep wrote:
    I'm hoping for big things from Munk One.

BIG THINGS MATE!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    The poster is alright...not crazy about it. I'm sure I will buy it eventually when they do the post-tour poster sales since I like to have the poster of all the shows I've been to.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i was very dissapointed in it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • arqarq Posts: 8,004
    A million times better than Columbus, i think it has a cool idea but not fully developed.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,684
    Who is doing the Buffalo poster? Any idea? Thanks in advance.... :mrgreen:

+1

I thought I seen a thread some where on here a couple of weeks ago saying what show was going to have what artist...can't find it now though.
    Thought I read that BK was going to do the Buffalo show, now I'm not sure after reading some of the other posts here. I'll guess we'll have to wait ans see....it will be like Xmas
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    Columbus and Noblesville were the only two shows I could catch on this tour...

I liked both posters...but then again I've been kinda unlucky with the posters my shows have gotten....Lolla, Roo, and Cincinnati 2006....I love Cincy 2006, still one of my favorite posters ...period...

But I didn't mind either poster...bought both of them, their getting framed and put on the wall....
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    So I'm sorry everyone in Indy ... but yes, my poster curse continues!
    It all began with SF3 '06 (Ames), sigh.

Ames is really love it or hate it, no in between ... I had my iron maiden/eddie monster streak back in the 80s, ya'll are welcome to this crap now if that's your thing -- but damn hella ugly and just a throw-away execution, I make potato stamp art and wood block prints with my kids that are more technically challenging.

Ames keeps phoning 'em in!
    [sic] happens
  • I like both Columbus and Indy, but tonight's cleveland poster is better than both.

Very nice print by Guy Burwell tonight
    I like both Columbus and Indy, but tonight's cleveland poster is better than both.

Got a link to that print?
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,050
    Klausens aside, which by his standards is no masterpiece, this tours posters have been woeful so far. They could challenge 2005 for the worst set ever at this rate (minus easy street of course!!)
  • demetrios wrote:
    I like both Columbus and Indy, but tonight's cleveland poster is better than both.

Got a link to that print?

i was gonna ask the same thing.