Options

*** Noblesville Fanviews Here 5/7/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    amazing show--anyone see if they left anything off the setlist due to the time crunch?
  • Options
    tuto12tuto12 Posts: 16
    I've been to all the gigs so far...this was by far the best show of the tour so far (as many people expected). Sold out, great setlist (Lukin for the first time! :)) and the crowd was really into this one. Highlights for me: Release, In My Tree, Lukin, Jeremy (for some reason Jeremy has been a highlight this tour), Insignificance, Baba. Glad to get Force of Nature but it did not meet my expectations. Last stop - Cleveland.
  • Options
    IndySarahIndySarah Posts: 42
    Great show, rain delay was not fun, but glad that they didn't cut the set short because of it. 10c ticket pick up was a mess, but I think the situation was just bad with the storm. I knew I should have gone over at 4 to get them! Took about 15 minutes to get out of the lot, a good time for Verizon!

Here's the Indy Star's review:
    http://indianapolis.metromix.com/music/ ... 23/content

Pearl Jam (from left, Matt Cameron, Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament, Mike McCready and Stone Gossard) performed Friday, May 7, at Verizon Wireless Music Center. (Credit: Vandeberg Communications)
    The members of Pearl Jam were more than mere keepers of a ’90s rock flame Friday night at Verizon Wireless Music Center.

Songs of that era – specifically selections from 1991 debut album “Ten” – provided crowd-pleasing highlights, but something other than nostalgia was at work.

Vocalist Eddie Vedder and his band mates stand as still-battling soldiers from one of music’s noble revolutions.

The explosion of the Seattle/grunge sound made hair metal played by Warrant, Slaughter, Kix, etc., instantly obsolete. It its place, if only for a handful of years, urgent and inventive hits became the norm of mainstream rock.

It wouldn’t be accurate to classify Pearl Jam as musical innovators, but the concept of tackling weighty topics – hopelessness, homelessness and cruelty, for example – within aggressive rock anthems was something new.

Friday’s show began where track listing of “Ten” ends: the slow-building catharsis of “Release.” Moments after placing a bottle of wine and a notebook at his feet, Vedder bellowed “I’ll ride the wave where it takes me. I’ll hold the pain, release me.”

For an audience of more than 20,000 that waited out a lightning delay before entering the amphitheater on opening night of the 2010 season, “Release” served as a tranquil invocation.

Tempos raced on the next two numbers, “Last Exit” (from 1994’s “Vitalogy” album) and “Got Some” (from 2009’s “Backspacer”).

Vedder’s boundless energy carried the night, the 45-year-old seemingly unchanged from the time 20 years ago when he walked off a San Diego beach and into rock stardom.

He doted on the Hoosier faithful with varying degrees of success. A solo rendition of the Jackson 5’s “Goin’ Back to Indiana” conveyed affection, and Vedder dedicated “Backspacer’s” “Force of Nature” to rising teenage boxer Hud Mellencamp.

But Vedder needed an assist from Pearl Jam’s basketball expert, bass player Jeff Ament, after referring to Larry Bird’s hometown of French Lick as “Salt Lick.”

Between-song malapropism aside, Vedder pushed his band mates to match his musical intensity.

Guitarist Mike McCready, hampered by substandard tone during early solos, rose to occasion for “Even Flow” -- a “Ten” smash that allowed the crowd to “Woo” and “Yeah” in unison with Vedder.

“Jeremy” arrived before the show’s multiple encores as a cathartic bookend to “Release.” With Vedder, Ament, McCready, guitarist Stone Gossard and drummer Matt Cameron warmed up and fully engaged, the go-go ’90s lived.

The show’s ultimate theme of encouragement, however, arrived courtesy of an obscure B-side from 2002.

Vedder dedicated the song “Down” to “A People’s History of the United States” author Howard Zinn, who died at age 87 in January.

“If hope could grow from dirt like me,” Vedder sang, “it can be done.”
    "You look like you'd be sticky" --

Indianapolis 1998, Indianapolis 2000, Alpine 2003, Indianapolis 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, St Louis 2004, Kitchener 2005, London 2005, Hamilton 2005, Chicago I 2006, Grand Rapids 2006, Cleveland 2006, Cincinnati 2006 The Vic 2007, Lollapalooza 2007, Chicago I and II 2009
  • Options
    BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    BN68439 wrote:
    Noblesville sucks Donk. Pearl Jam once again blew the place away with a great performance. But, good Jeeeeeeeezzzzzussss this venue sucks major corn husk. Bad audio. http://www.period.com. And the lines to get tix? Are you fucking serious? Didn't even get to see Band of Horses (who rock ass nuggets) because of the hoccum going on at the bum fuck ticket stand for Ten Club Tickets. Last time I will ever purch through Ten Club. Give me a fucking break. Oh, and the sausage necks from Illinoise coming down and throwing their fingers up like they were trying out for Jersey Shore Chicago Edition on MTV? Go home.

Im from Indiana. I have seen Pearl Jam all my life at our precious deercreek. It's a beautiful venue. Perhaps your negative outlook comes from the rain. Indiana does not yet control it's own weather and it certainly cannot control how a stupid huge corportion fucks ups the procedures. It is not reflection on the venue. I have never had a bad show there. The stars, the moon are almost magical when out.

To call us people from the midwest ( i now live in Seattle) and our little sprawling towns we can't stop either, bum fucks...is just not DREAMING THE DREAMs OF OTHER MEN.

Do you ever really listen to Ed? Or are you they type of peson who lets tiny details ruin a perfectly beautiful bands performance?

It's all about perspective. Just because some of us were born between corn and beans, does not mean we like it either, but thank God Pearl Jam did not forget us and appreciated us way more than this post. :(
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    so they are saving all the riot act and binaal for NYC ;) nice.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,895
    unsung wrote:
    I have to agree that the sound wasnt the best. and i totally agree that the parking, bathrooms and everything about that venue kind of sucked. i dont remember it being that bad in years past, but i have stopped drinking so maybe i just didnt notice it then. The band did a great job, they lost the crowd a little bit towards the end of the first set but got it back again. And one beef with ten club, i find it hard to believe that all the people in front of me had more seniority than me. if I knew my seat was going to be 10 rows from the lawn, i would've shelled out more bucks for better seats. thanks ten club once again! dont mean to sound like an ass, but i have paid my dues for this band, and its nice when i get something back.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm 4th row and the people around me looked like they haven't been alive for as long as I've been a 10C member.

Young people can win the lottery.

Young people can be taken to the show by someone who has been a member of the 10C for a long time.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Great show...we were in the center of the pavilion near the sound guy so the sound was awesome

crowd was great

This venue sucks. I got VIP parking and was out in 20 minutes but holy shit there what a fucking mess

Maybe you and the previously disgruntled 'fan" can travel together. Perhaps you could take up your complaints with Verizon Wireless who ruined the name of Deer Creek as corporations dictate how things are run. Maybe they should get jet cars for VIP parking so you can get the fuck out of there faster...because to have the horrible nightmare of havng to wait in your car and in the VIP section yet! ....is just about the worst thing I have ever heard someone suffer. I'm so very sorry for your pain. :lol:

Push a hoosier and we push back. :) Former hoosier who now lives somewhere differnt.
    Post edited by BhagavadGita on
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    unsung wrote:
    I have to agree that the sound wasnt the best. and i totally agree that the parking, bathrooms and everything about that venue kind of sucked. i dont remember it being that bad in years past, but i have stopped drinking so maybe i just didnt notice it then. The band did a great job, they lost the crowd a little bit towards the end of the first set but got it back again. And one beef with ten club, i find it hard to believe that all the people in front of me had more seniority than me. if I knew my seat was going to be 10 rows from the lawn, i would've shelled out more bucks for better seats. thanks ten club once again! dont mean to sound like an ass, but i have paid my dues for this band, and its nice when i get something back.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm 4th row and the people around me looked like they haven't been alive for as long as I've been a 10C member.

Young people can win the lottery.

Young people can be taken to the show by someone who has been a member of the 10C for a long time.

Yes, young people can also come with their parents who have been in the fan club for almost 17 years. Last night was my teenage sons first show. He waited 17 years as did I to take him to his first show. Again in my mind I keep singing....Dream the Dreams of other men and you'll be no one's rival. Why deny a young person some joy? who cares how long you have been alive? Children in these days NEED to be exposed to the arts, not pushed back because they don't carry a number on them as some people do. Be happy for them! :)
  • Options
    I'm not one for meltdowns, but oh boy was I on the verge of one as I sat there, not moving, on I-69 North. Watching the minutes tick away, approaching 8pm and I had gone maybe 1/2 mile in one hour. Pearl Jam isn't a band I see a lot, but they are far and above my favorite band, so getting to the show on time is of the utmost importance.

After we passed through one of Dante's seven layers, you know the one where there's a Pearl Jam concert, but you can't get to it because you're stuck on the highway, we pulled in and made a B-line for will call. I was horrified when I came around the bend and saw what must have been 2-3 thousand people with the same agenda. Meltdown level increased.

Then I heard the best news that I had heard all day. This nice young girl politely informed me that they had pushed the start time back. That's when it hit me, of course they did. Of course they're waiting for me to get a beer and get to my seat to start the show, what did I think was going to happen?

There was discussion outside that if they went on with all those people standing in line, there could be trouble. But thanks to cool heads and the late start time we never faced that situation.

On to the show...

The Release opener with that post-storm spring breeze sweeping through the pavilion was beyond cathartic. Home, indeed. Last exit was apropos seeing as how a short time ago I was longing for that very thing. Ed thanked the Gods of Indiana for letting the weather clear up for the set. I turned to my wife and said, "He's talking about Larry Bird." Ed comes back to the mic and says, "Of course I'm talking about Larry Bird." That was hilarious.

Highlights: Daughter/WMA... Rats. This whole segment was awesome. I couldn't believe I was hearing WMA. POLICE MAAAAN!!! Off He Goes, Given To Fly combo was very emotional. But for me, the song of the night was Garden. For PJ to still be able to create that sound 20 years later is incredible. Jeff really owns this song. Every time he dropped that bass, my knees shook. Ed busted out a couple windmills during Whipping which clued us in to the upcoming Baba. He removed his button down shirt to reveal a beat up old Who shirt, grabbed a couple tambourines and ripped right into it.

Drove back to Cincinnati after the show, my head hit the pillow at 3am. Hooooooooome.
  • Options
    pantspants Posts: 60
    The show was amazing! I was so excited to get to hear "Down" and thought the rest of the setlist rocked as well. I've only seen Pearl Jam three times, but this was my favorite show so far. I only have one complaint, the guy two rows down from me who took at least 10 (not exaggerating) pictures each song with his camera directly in my sightline. I attempted to get him to stop but he said he did it because he couldn't see (? :? ?). Oh well, by the second encore he had shifted over. I tried to ignore it the best I could (really wanted to fully enjoy the show since it was my birthday), but I'd be lying if he didn't detract from my experience at least a little. Sorry, I'm not one to complain usually, but I just had to get that off my chest. Like I said, it was an awesome show and I am grateful to Pearl Jam for playing as long as they did after the delay. Every show I go to reminds me why they have been my favorite band for so long and probably will continue to be for quite a while!
  • Options
    Keela35Keela35 Posts: 28
    SS170824 wrote:
    Today started out horribly, my car broke down, didn't even know if I was going to get to go. This was my first concert in four years and next month will be the 7 year anniversary of my first show which was also held at Deer Creek. Like hell I was going to let my piece of shit car stop me from something I waited four years for. I ended up walking a few miles, but I made it. And then when I heard the opening chords of Release, I knew everything was going to be okay.

Loved the setlist. LOVED LOVED LOVED getting to hear Release, In My Tree, and Down for first time live. Rats and Garden was a pleasant surprise. The people around me could have been better, although this cute girl from Illinois standing next to me was a nice break from all of the drunkards around there. So cute girl from Illinois, thanks for being the lone sane person in that area! Just a shame I didn't get her name.

I digress.

This is the best story I've heard on here in a long time... I love it!
    I'm going to find you, and when I do, I don't plan on requesting a picture or an autograph. I'm just going redeem that drink you promised to buy all of "us f*#$ers" in New Zealand last year if we ever caught you out somewhere... and I'm going straight for the top-shelf, expensive bottle.
  • Options
    Tully305Tully305 Posts: 102
    What an incredible night! First off got there to find out my 10C tickets sucked ass (Sec. F, Row M) and went back to the hotel where my fiancee decided to look for an upgrade online. Scored Sec A, Row L!! Seats were Front Row essentially on Mike's side!!! Ended up giving our 10C tix away to someone on the lawn for free (paying it forward) and proceeded to be rewarded with an incredible night!!! I though Columbus was great cuz of winning the lottery for 9th row, but this topped it by a mile!!
    Pittsburgh ('00), Cleveland ('03), Pittsburgh ('03), Grand Rapids ('04), Cleveland ('06), Pittsburgh ('06), Chicago ('07), West Palm Beach ('08), Tampa ('08), Chicago (both nights) ('09), Seattle (both nights) ('09), Philly (all 4 nights) ('09), Noblesville ('10), Columbus ('10), Cleveland ('10), Toronto (both nights) ('11), Wrigley ('13), Pittsburgh ('13), Wrigley (both nights) ('18)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RC242143 wrote:
    Don't want to make a big thing about it, but I don't see how you can complain about lines getting tickets when you show up kind of late anyway.

we got there around 6:45 or so and went to get our tickets but were sent back to our car because fo the weather. i was about 100 yards from the ticket window when turned back. so after they finally opened things back up, EVERYONE, early or late was fucked. the line went from the window, all the way down the hill to the crick.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson Posts: 333
    The parking lot sucks... The show rocked. Snuck up front at the end and helped Eds buddy get a tamborine... Great show. Thanks 10c

Fuck That Parking Lot!!!!
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • Options
    I had the most beautiful moments at last nights show despite all the bullshit people want to bitch about the venue, this show was my 10th show in 17 years. Half have been at Deer Creek. Deer Creek, the orignal and still the real name of the venue, has always been perfect weather. It has always turned the lawn into a giant planetarium set to music of the Gods. :lol: So what if last nights weather was not perfect. Beauty is always found in imperfection. Some just aren't able to see that. It's a sad fact of life.

I have never had a good time getting into venue. THATS WHY PEOPLE GO EARLY! If you get stuck in traffic, thats just life. Why let the bad outshine the crazy awesome reason why you are sitting in that congestion? It's not Indiana's fault. It's not Deer Creeks fault. It's called necessity in able to get to do something that always turns out delightful. Seeing Pearl Jam play live, is almost as wonderful as falling in love. So, if you sit in traffic so what. Life is not always cooperative. But, we are the ones who determine how we will report on a thing. Why even bring up the bad? However, I have an observation.

"Nothings changed but the surrounding bullshit...."

My son made a comment. Being a clean teen, free of alcohol and drugs, he said with compassion, "Mom, I've noticed something. Very drunk people make me nervous." And I thought this morning as I ready myself to write my own review, that being too drunk causes a screwed view on almost anything. My son said, I really like the show, but mom why do some people drink til they act stupid? It ruins the show for me because they are loud, impatient and negative." wow. I guess I don't have to worry about my son partaking in liquid poison. Everything in moderation. With acceptance I told him some people never get to let go and have fun, unfortunately, alcohol is poison and legal. Pot is a seed and is outlawed. I think if there were not overly drunk people, for instance, cutting in line in for the bathroom, speaking louder than needed etc..he would have never said this. He has never seen really drunk people. I'm glad he is learning from others, I thank the really drunk, because you showed my son what he does not want. He wants to be high on music. High on life. High on treating others well. Just like this band.

He was a bit overwhelmed but when we were in our seats and the music was playing and ed was on fire and the band there to fuel that flame, i saw a person become a true fan. I saw him trying to remember the lyrics and intently watching matt as my son is a drummer. I experienced this show through the eyes of my child and with Ed there to guide us and tell us to be good to each other, it always feels like home. This band is my family. I love them dearly for coming to our lack luster town, because it proved they still cared, it proved that music can heal.

I held my son's hand during just breath. I realized there is an everlasting story that goes with my love for ed and the guys, and it started when my child was just a baby. How very very grateful I am that they still do this for us. They still enjoy and get off on it themselves.

I believe in all the years of being in fan club and loving this band, I have never seen them so happy to still be giving us what they give. A fucking 100% effort to make everyone happy. I know I was. I know my son was.

It's such a joy to watch the boys change, grow, age and know..They are such great teachers. I watched Ed, Stone and Matt talk while Mike was doing his patriotic solo and what I noticed was a genuine love and admiration these men have between each other. The are a family. The NON JUDGEMENT. The chemistry they exude when together is beautiful to watch. They are true examples on how to live. The chemistry is there. They are so blessed and so are we to have the ability to watch true love in action. What love? The love of Pearl Jam.

I don't think anything, rain, tornados, long lines, the crap details of life, will ever overshine what the music does to me. What Mr. Vedder does when he says things like "i'd like to dedicate this song to someone and they know who it is." That allows me to escape into a land of this is your song too. He saved me. Because of this he saved my son.

Drunk people or not. Lines, waits, inconviences, will never outshine what secrets this group of gifted sweet hard working men give the world.

:arrow: If only marijuana was legal...it would change the whole vibe of the before and after show shit everyone has to go thru...a little green would do some good to those who can only see with eyes full of intoxication and confusion. Why pick at everything that is wrong. Why pick on anyone or anything at all. Was the music not enought to make it all worth it? Put down the expensive, bad beer, pick up something green and chill the fuck out. Everyone deserves it. Why let the small details shit on your chance to be uplifted. Even the rain felt holy. Who cares...we are all one due to to Pearls and Jam! I glad there were sober people for my son to learn that you dont have to get fucked up to get high. All you have to do is climb inside the bands heads, buckle your seat belt and wait for the ride of your life. And a side note; wine is not the same as alcohol effects. ;)

Life goes too fast to be caught up in what was wrong. I know it taught my child compassion and patience, it taught him that some "drugs" are legal and bad for you but mostly he said...

"mom, I like how intense Ed is. He makes me feel free to let go and I don't have to drink to do it."

Good boy. Good day. Good god....I love you, and you know who you are! ;)

I will forever love you Pearl Jam. I thank the Universal force of nature for your music every fucking day. :D:mrgreen:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    Wow last two set lists seem unreal. Can't wait for NYC.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I'll give a much more detailed thought to this after I get back home (waiting for plane to take off to NYC) but I HAVE to give a huge thank you to the wonderful people who were surrounding us in Section D, row N... I did a terrible job of bringing warm clothes for my 9 year old and after the storm it got really cold and VERY WINDY...

First and especially to the amazing Mary and her husband who sat behind us for watching our stuff for bathroom breaks and warming sessions and especially the unbelievable charity of giving up their sweatshirt to add a 10th layer to my sons freezing body... Never will be forgotten.. To TJ and friend who got me beer and extoled the wonders of Indiana (the people IMO being #1) and to the two guys in front of us who cleared a path for Colemeiser to see :D
    I could not have had a better time :)

Oh yeah the band rocked too :mrgreen:

P.S. To Artic Angel, her friend from Minny andher boyfriend, thanks for keeping tabs on my boy at the pre-party and it was my pleasure meeting your acquaintance... And to our fabulous hosts at the pre-party you guys were awesome :D

Did I see a concert??? :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,912
    I'll give a much more detailed thought to this after I get back home (waiting for plane to take off to NYC) but I HAVE to give a huge thank you to the wonderful people who were surrounding us in Section D, row N... I did a terrible job of bringing warm clothes for my 9 year old and after the storm it got really cold and VERY WINDY...

First and especially to the amazing Mary and her husband who sat behind us for watching our stuff for bathroom breaks and warming sessions and especially the unbelievable charity of giving up their sweatshirt to add a 10th layer to my sons freezing body... Never will be forgotten.. To TJ and friend who got me beer and extoled the wonders of Indiana (the people IMO being #1) and to the two guys in front of us who cleared a path for Colemeiser to see :D

P.S. To Artic Angel, her friend from Minny andher boyfriend, thanks for keeping tabs on my boy at the pre-party and it was my pleasure meeting your acquaintance... And to our fabulous hosts at the pre-party you guys were awesome :D

This is what I'm waiting to hear about!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    spencer958spencer958 Louisville, KY Posts: 279
    Great setlist. Rats and In My Tree were awesome. The parking was horrible and we had to sit in our car for maybe an hour waiting on the storm to pass. Did meet some cool people from Michigan, though. Show was great, but the COLD wind all night did suck!
  • Options
    Deesa BeeDeesa Bee Posts: 38
    Love Eddie Vedder! Thank you once again for your music! it can never be a bad show with a passionate talent like Eddie... I just kicking myself for leaving early and missing "given to fly" and "baba o'reilly"etc... My stupid cab driver lied to me.... Never trust a cross eyed fat man. They'll get ya everytime. Until we meet again Pearl Jam:)
    Lollapalooza Chicago, IL 8/07
    Old Deer Creek Noblesville, In 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley East Troy, Wis 9/3/11 --PJ 20--
    Wrigley Chicago, IL 7/19/13
    ...Thoughts arrive like butterflies...
    My top PJ opener is Release, 3/4 shows!
  • Options
    Deesa BeeDeesa Bee Posts: 38
    Bhadagadvita, beautiful words. Very poetic description of the old deer creek. Can't wait for PJ to come to Chicago!!! Come home Eddie!
    Lollapalooza Chicago, IL 8/07
    Old Deer Creek Noblesville, In 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley East Troy, Wis 9/3/11 --PJ 20--
    Wrigley Chicago, IL 7/19/13
    ...Thoughts arrive like butterflies...
    My top PJ opener is Release, 3/4 shows!
  • Options
    Third time was the charm, as I got to hear Down, Insignifigance & most awesome not only did I finally get to hear YL live, tagging with the National Anthem-priceless!! Best show yet for me! I thought the sound was very good-I was able to hear everything when Ed was saying between songs. And if Mike loves the Midwest, he should try coming south of the Ohio-Kentucky would love to show PJ some love!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

once again, bd getting the pretty girls to watch his kids ;):lol:

but yeah, what about THE SHOW?!?! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    Great show...we were in the center of the pavilion near the sound guy so the sound was awesome

crowd was great

This venue sucks. I got VIP parking and was out in 20 minutes but holy shit there what a fucking mess

Maybe you and the previously disgruntled 'fan" can travel together. Perhaps you could take up your complaints with Verizon Wireless who ruined the name of Deer Creek as corporations dictate how things are run. Maybe they should get jet cars for VIP parking so you can get the fuck out of there faster...because to have the horrible nightmare of havng to wait in your car and in the VIP section yet! ....is just about the worst thing I have ever heard someone suffer. I'm so very sorry for your pain. :lol:

Push a hoosier and we push back. :) Former hoosier who now lives somewhere differnt.

I am a hoosier. I live in Noblesville....the venue sucks
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Mathius wrote:
    Excellent show! I think the sound issues had more to do with the weather, than with the venue itself. The breeze blowing through the theatre seemed to amplify sound sometimes, and then would muffle it others. We sat left of center around row 30, and I'm sure the further away you were, the worse it was. Was still a killer show. Band was great and the crowd was great too! Always love sitting around fellow Ten Clubbers! Pj always makes it worth the trip!

Yeah, I did notice the wind muffle then amplify the sound. Good point.

Left center, huh? We were in section E, row R by more fellow fan clubbers. One member was in his 60s!!! "Wow," I thought. Now, that's dedication.

the wind had a lot to do with the sound. I've seen a few shows there, and the sound is always really good.

i think it was different depending on where you sat. We were section G. about 30 rows from the stage, and the sound was not that bad at all for most of the night.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    I was also in section E row T, had a blast...

when do the bootlegs get released?
  • Options
    EmmettPJEmmettPJ Posts: 3
    Great show! I drove down from Chicago. I was supposed to meet a friend but his car shit out on him. I had a great time with the couple from Oak Lawn sitting next to me. I should have went to Moe's with them after the show but I didn't. Posted this because PJ fans are the best.
  • Options
    tammymarie67tammymarie67 Racine Wisconsin Posts: 46
    The early bird definetly gets the worm. I have never had to pick up my tickets so late as I did last night. But some circumstances beyond our control caused this to occur. We left WI at 11 am and drove about 5 hours, we lost an hour, we left the hotel (Sheraton) for what was supposed to be a 20 minute drive, but was really an hour. We parked around 7 and were set to go get our tickets and they told us we had to go back to our car, that the concert had been postponed. They would not let us in to get our tickets so when the gates finally opened, there were an unusual amount of people who still needed to get their tickets :-). Awesome show! Thanks for playing Down!
    tammymarie67
    7/8 & 9 95; 6/26/98, 10/8/00 ;10/9/00;4/23/03; 6/18/03; 6/21/03; 5/17/06; 6/26/06; 6/29&30/06; 8/5/07; 8/23 and 8/24/09;5/3/10;5/7/10; PJ20 9/3 and 9/4/2011; 9/30/2012,7/19/13, 10/3/14, 10/20/14, 4/26/16, 8/20/16, and 8/22/16
  • Options
    OK I'm not going to talk logistics or weather or seats because all worked out OK for me. I will say that my seats were almost exactly the same as they were for United Center in 2009, so I'm guessing lots of folks from Chicago were there...like me. But I went to IU so hoosiers can't be mad, right?

Anyway...the show.

No one else mentioned but Dallas Clark of the Indianapolis Colts was there. Early he went back stage and came out before PJ and stood in front row. No one seemed to mind that and he happily took pictures with what looked to be everyone who asked.

At about 13 rows back I thought the sound was "ok" but the wind messes with things. I did prefer the outdoor venue and atmosphere to the UC. the crowd was awesome for an amphitheater group in seats.

I also liked the three backdrops.

Garden was the original version not the revamped one from a few years back.

Going Back to Indiana was pretty long too, Jackson 5 cover I believe, and I think the only time they've ever played it. It was just Eddie on his black electric, I'd say about 2:30 minutes? And he didn't mess up the words I don't think.

He did mistakenly say Larry Bird was from Salt Lick, and then corrected himself not as audibly as the song started with a big laugh.

I was shocked they did 2.5 hours after the delay but they did. The band was in good form and really amped. I think they performed just as well at the UC which were some great shows. Not a lot of interesting tweaks to the songs, they were pretty standard...like the band was rushing through as many as they could.

The setlist to me was a bit disjointed but all the songs were great. I hadn't seen Force of Nature before and its not my favorite from Backspacer...they didn't seem very natural with that song either. The guys seemed to just concentrate on it. While Supersonic was perfect and much improved from the last time I saw it. The breakdown section of that song was in my head all night while I was back at the hotel. weird.

off he goes was terrific too. one of my favorite all time songs. No ST, No Riot Act (fine by me) and only Yield was Wishlist? But a lot of good songs. You really can't complain. Only show for me this year and it was a good one!
    New screenname for the new site. At least for now. Previously Lackofdave
    Blogging at <a href="http://www.dadtherapy.com">Dad Therapy</a>
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782

crowd was great

I am a hoosier. I live in Noblesville....the venue sucks

I am curious about this venue now. I Google'd it to see what it looks like, and it doesn't look like a bad place to see a concert. Besides the sound that everyone is complaining about, what else sucks about it?