Options

*** Noblesville Fanviews Here 5/7/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    HoosierJamHoosierJam Posts: 104
    first off let me say thanks to ten club for getting the lottery this time center section row 1 (well actually row 2 due to the mysterious orchestra row that was there). either way it didn't matter. had a wonderful time as usual and so happy to finally get lotto seats. just amazing! went to Columbus the night before which was a surprisingly a great set where we sat 20 row center. just an incredible experience up front at Noblesville. So glad to get up front. I'm sure with all the 10 clubbers I would have been back there. Verizon is Verizon. Long lines, bad traffic and so on. You just deal with it and have a good time, that's all you can do there. great outside venue. It was probably a once and a lifetime to get 1st row and we took advantage of it and rocked out with a big smile on my face. once again, thanks guys!!!!!
    nothing as it seems.....
  • Options
    PrlJmr10PrlJmr10 Posts: 130
    edited May 2010
    It's all about perspective.

Either the band makes it all better or the band does not.

You create your own reality. :idea:

The End.

I feel the need too add my two cents in here:
    Traffic is traffic - I have never been to a show where there was none.
    I arrived plenty early, but with the weather issues, one can and should EXPECT delays.
    The ticket dispersal was the only thing I took exception to - and I will say, I DO NOT blame TC.
    I stood on that grassy knoll with my friends for over an hour - and some genius from Event Staff decided it would be the best course of action to announce on the bull horn for all in line to come on up. No thought to organization as well as safety for all involved.
    It was like a scene out of Brave Heart...I have never seen a stampede like that - I barely got "what the fuck"
    out before all the folks behind me had now taken their rightful place in front of those who had been waiting already (insert sarcasm here). That fault rests solely with the venue. I did see Pete (PJ security) there checking out the situation - which made me feel pretty good - I know the band was keeping an eye on what was going on.
    Having said all that, once the first notes of Release started to waft through the air - I forgot all about that mega cluster fuck. The band sincerely brought their A game, and it showed in every song & interaction. I was once again reminded how much I truly love this band, as well as how they truly care about their fans. You are a class act Pearl Jam - don't ever change. The trip up from Miami was more than worth it & I would go anywhere, to any venue to catch you. You guys rock my universe!!!!!!
    Post edited by PrlJmr10 on
    PEARL JAM - It's what's for breakfast

"Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise."
    --Anonymous

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. -Patrick Henry, revolutionary (1736-1799)
  • Options
    JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    mattcoz wrote:
    Wow, what a show, and what an experience. I won the lottery and got 9th row center seats, by far the best seats I've had for a PJ show(had 2nd row for Ed solo).

Matt! You are the luckiest person!! :D It's me Jo, who you so graciously sold your other EV solo ticket. Thank you again for one of the best nights of my life!! I still can't believe how great that night was and it's all thanks to you!!!

We also went to Noblesville (also Columbus & Cleveland). Our seats were in Section G, row E..(number after lapsing once :roll: is now 205,xxx) which was directly behind the VIP boxes. It turned out pretty great because the VIP guests mostly wanted to sit down, which meant we had the perfect view to the stage. I made a bet with my dh that they would stand up for Alive and Even Flow and I was right. :D

Great show, would rate it as #3 of 3 for us on this tour.

Jo
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Options
    :D Pearl Jam concert ROCKED!! Me and my dad got out of the parking lot pretty fast, no hold backs or stops. First, PJ concert. On my dad's account, so im guna tell ya what I think about the concert. im 12 and it was an awesome concert, eddie vedder's pretty dang kewl, and uuumm, IT WAS FREEZING OUTSIDE, but it was really worth it. the band sounds great live, im SUPER glad they played JEREMY, my favorite song, cant stop listenin to it. i cant wait to go to another PJ concert. hope they come back around Indiana soon. i didnt have a problem with the weather delay, just another excuse to stay late. the fans around us were pretty kewl, expecially the couple from Ohio around the King's Island area. the guy had a Pearl Jam tattoo on his arm. PJ ROCKED!! im so glad i got to go to the concert. After that concert, im hooked to Pearl Jam for life.
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    May 7, 2010 Noblesville, Indiana, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana

Set List: Release, Last Exit, Got Some, Why Go, In My Tree, Small Town, Unthought Known, Even Flow, Supersonic, Down, Daughter/WMA/Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones), Goin’ Back To Indiana (The Corporation) [partial version], Rats, Wishlist, Insignificance, Force Of Nature (dedicated To Hud Mellencamp), Jeremy, The Fixer

1st encore: Just Breathe, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Lukin, Better Man, Do The Evolution

2nd encore: Garden, Whipping, Alive, Baba O’Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    Please try to keep the thread for Fanviews....
    Thank you :)

Do the Evolution rocked!!
  • Options
    Great, great show. Eddie appeared to be sick as he blew his nose a few times off stage left. Still sounded fantastic.

Nice to hear a few new tracks mixed in with some old favs. Off He Goes, Goin Back to Indiana, and Rats were the highlights in the opening set.

First encore was spectacular altogether.

Second encore blew the doors off!!! Garden (orig version) & Whipping were stellar. Alive and Baba turned the place on it's head. Then the customary cool-down on Ledbetter.

I absolutely did not leave disappointed. I was one of the many who travelled from Chicago to go to the show and it was worth it (as it always is!).

Anyone stuck in the will call line needs to realize that the window opens hours before the show for a reason. Show up earlier next time and pick up the tix well in advance. The roads/parking lot situation did, however, blow.
    Hey, hey. My, my. Rock and roll can never die.

"Why go home? I am home! And I gotta tell you, it feels FUCKIN GREAT to be here. You may experience this yourself but, if you were born in Chicago, you're always from Chicago. And even if you don't live in Chicago, Chicago will always live in you."-Ed
  • Options
    On a separate note, the show was awesome, but it was very weird being in the lawn. I felt like I was the only one into it, at least in my little area! During GTF, it was pretty awkward when I sang, "Well fuckers, he still stands," and was jumping around because nobody was with me on it!
    quote]

I was in the lawn, and I assure you I was jumping around and then reaching my arms to the skies on that line!!!

4th show, 1st in 7 years. Completely blew my hair back - impossible to have any other result with this band. As anyone on this board knows, this band can truly touch your soul and they did mine on multiple occasions, starting with Release, ending with YLB, and many times between. In My Tree, Seriously?!?!?!?!?
    Goin' Back to Indiana is sinking in with me now - can't wait to hear the boot!

One thing though....
    It's French Lick fucker!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    Rats + Lukin were my highlights. Mike McCready was absolutely stellar, great show!
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    In reply to IaF -- that's definitely one of the benefits, sitting in 10C seats. As I wrote, our section F was just a great vibe, into EVERY song....

I went up to the Lawn for the first Encore and definitely witnessed some mayhem for Given To Fly, Lukin, Better Man, Do The Evolution ... seemed like everyone was into it on Mike's side. Honestly it was so cold, I thought, meh, I know the last encore will be standard, maybe I'll just jet.... beat the traffic.

First strains of Garden I was back in the seats and working up close!!!!

One thing you DON'T wanna do in the 10C seats ... is lose it, cause you'll answer for it. I have not begun to call this loser out:
    And then, we had our own Boston Puker, Sec F Row O (not M), Seat (should I do it? I know exactly which seat you were in!) You f'n mofo!!! Just let loose, and this river of puke flowing down 8-10 rows. And he wasn't gonna leave or do nuthin', just sittin there holding his head. So we made sure medical hauled his ass away and finally threw some absorbent shit down on it.

His buddy just put a hand on his shoulder and sat there too. No apologies, no recognition of how awful they had just made the event for EVERYONE around them.... Nuh uh. Ya'll are GONE! No really, I just care about you and wanna be sure your alcohol poisoning gets taken care of!

:twisted:
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    veinvein Chicago Posts: 77
    I need to thank the Ten Club & all responsible for the chance to get 1,2,9 or 10th row seats. I won 10th row and since my first live show in 1995 at Soldier Field in Chicago, this was the closest I have ever been to a band of guys I have known for a very long time. Those behind me in row 11 and beyond had energy that night that will never be forgotten. I know they put in thier time and I saw they appreciated my enthusiasm. We have a real good thing going here, please keep up the good work. Thank you.
    Chicago 95, 98, Indy 03, Chicago 06, Chicago Vic 07
    EV Chicago 08, Chicago 09, Indy 10
  • Options
    PurduePete55PurduePete55 Posts: 191
    Met my fellow ten club buddy near Woodfield at Noon and dropped him off at his car at 4 AM. Now that's one hell of a road trip. We parked at 6:45 eastern time, waited out the lines, unfortunately missed Band of Horses due to those lines, got a new tshirt, then probably saw the best setlist of the nine shows I've been to. I'm partial to any songs from Live on Two Legs as that CD got me hooked growing up. Off He Goes was legendary. Last Exit, In My Tree, Lukin, Whipping, and Rats are absolutely outstanding live. I would take them at every show. Those are full on energy. I thought Jeremy was excellent. Garden and Down were firsts for me. Release could open every show that I attend and I would be a happy man. My favorite part of the whole show was probably the WMA tag. I love that each and every time. Such a privilege to hear that as popularized by LoTL. I had a heck of a good time out in the middle of the prairie. First time back out to N'Ville since The Who back in 2002 during my Purdue years. Traffic was traffic like any place else, the location was beautiful, rain was insignificant, and you can't beat PJ in the great outdoors. Hoping for another visit to East Troy soon!!
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    mudhoney_253mudhoney_253 Posts: 135
    release . . . was awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STcvoboaZI0
  • Options
    KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    My RELEASE video Good sound but a little blurry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYmSl7Nm ... e=youtu.be
    Great show as usual but HORRIBLE venue. The lines in were ridiculous.
    will post WISHLIST video tomorrow.

Thanks for posting this, since I was there but missed Release due to weather and ten club line issues. At least I saw the video!
  • Options
    SS170824SS170824 Posts: 40
    Bah I hope a video of In My Tree pops up on YouTube. I've seen videos of just about every other song from the show EXCEPT In My Tree.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    just noticed that the star spangled banner is missing from teh official set list

http://www.pearljam.com/tour/show/veriz ... ay-07-2010
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry if this is duplication if someone already mentioned this, but there are a lot of pages on here...someone earlier had mentioned they bet PJ would get fined for playing past 11pm. I asked a security guard before the show if he had heard anything about if they would be forced to stop playing at 11pm and he told me that they could keep playing they just get charged $1,000.00 per minute and that PJ had already agreed to play until 11:30pm. I know $30k is not much to PJ, but I am still impressed that they agreed to take on that fine just to do what they love and to be there for their fans!

We were in 3rd row on the McCready side and I agree with everyone else, the sound was AMAZING on that side of stage! It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for us to be 3rd row and, next to my wedding, one of the best nights of my life!

I'm also sorry to everyone who had a bad experience at Verizon...I just hope it doesn't discourage future Indy shows because Indy is the heart of the mid-west and so accessible for many people to be able to see multiple PJ shows a tour. I sure hope they come back to Indy soon, the BEST band in the world!!!!!!
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    Deesa Bee wrote:
    ... My stupid cab driver lied to me.... Never trust a cross eyed fat man. They'll get ya everytime.

:lol:

If I had a dime for everytime I've read that...I'd just have a dime. :D
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    I am not even sure where to start with this show. It was crazy - rainy, delayed, unsure if it was even going to happen - all messed up in any number of ways.... but it ended up being the show of a lifetime for me personally. My boyfriend won the lottery and we were front row, dead center... and I was simply overwhelmed. When I heard the first strains of Release I just started to cry... fucking Release and the front row???? How did this happen??? Then to get Last Exit next, along with Why Go in the first five - seriously??? In my personal experience, any time you get Why Go in the first five... hang on, cuz you're in for one hell of a ride! And that held true once again. In My Tree, Supersonic, Insignificance, Down, RATS, LUKIN, Garden and Whipping... genius. Did I mention RATS and LUKIN?? I swear if they had played In Hiding, Not For You, and Footsteps Eddie would still be finding bits of my brain all over him.

Sound was a bit off, but I assumed it was because of my proximity and frankly, I could have cared less...I was in another world! :P It seemed like the band really wanted to give something back after all the craziness and they did, it was an amazing night... capped by Mr. Vedder handing me his wine at the end of the night!! Thanks Ed, I was parched... and it tasted oh so sweet! It was an amazing night in Noblesville, thanks to my generous bf, my wonderful friends, and the band I love.

I went deep... I was diving... and when I surfaced all of my being was enlightened...
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    awesome...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    KM245378 wrote:
    I asked a security guard before the show if he had heard anything about if they would be forced to stop playing at 11pm and he told me that they could keep playing they just get charged $1,000.00 per minute and that PJ had already agreed to play until 11:30pm.

if so, they should get a discount for not being able to start on time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    Not sure how this was a great show but it really was...

Somehow the crowd was the happiest I have seen in awhile.... despite all of the "hurdles".

I caught a bunch of bad breaks:
    -traffic sucked
    -got soaked
    -missed boh completely in the 10c line
    -almost trampled after the "bullhorn announcement"
    -sat next to/on top of a >350 lb drunk 10c member that screamed every word to every song in between arguing with his date
    -walked through a terribly dark and dangerous parking lot(s) for 20 minutes trying to find my car
    -got redirected to the highway via at least ten miles of mostly unmarked and unlit gravel roads after exiting the show

Save all of these bad breaks and the fact that on paper the setlist was nothing special, it really was a great show... and I am not sure why. Guess that is why I still love this band.
  • Options
    bnc620bnc620 Posts: 6
    Re: *** Noblesville Fanviews Here 5/7/10 ***
    by 81 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:26 pm

just noticed that the star spangled banner is missing from teh official set list

Sorry. I am new and don't know how to reply to this specific post, but didn't they also do The Who's Teenage Wasteland? Do they not list covers on the setlist or something?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    bnc620 wrote:

Sorry. I am new and don't know how to reply to this specific post, but didn't they also do The Who's Teenage Wasteland? Do they not list covers on the setlist or something?

It's actually called Baba Oriley
  • Options
    the concert was extremely awesome!!
    the venue...left alot to be desired as far as the bathroom situation. If it hadn't had been that time of the month for me, I probably wouldn't have been so irritated by it. 1. port-a-potties are always a buzzkill. 2. one more REAL outdoor bathroom added and they wouldn't have had all the lines and mess 3. parking
    but those are my only gripes.

I think I'll always remember being in a stall and hearing "sober, pregnant lady coming through!!" :lol:

cheers to the dude who kept saying "everyone high 5 your neighbor" in our mass shoulder-to-shoulder crowd on the way out. lol. good times. good times.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    bnc620 wrote:

:|
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,945
    DP13 wrote:

Somehow the crowd was the happiest I have seen in awhile.... despite all of the "hurdles".

-traffic sucked
    -got soaked
    -sat next to/on top of a >350 lb drunk 10c member that screamed every word to every song in between arguing with his date
    -walked through a terribly dark and dangerous parking lot(s) for 20 minutes trying to find my car
    -got redirected to the highway via at least ten miles of mostly unmarked and unlit gravel roads after exiting the show

Save all of these bad breaks and the fact that on paper the setlist was nothing special, it really was a great show... and I am not sure why. Guess that is why I still love this band.

awesome post! :D
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    DP13 wrote:

-traffic sucked
    -got soaked

yeah, we were looking for our car for about 20 min. also. lol. we were one of those dumbasses that didn't think to look at the letter we were parked next to--probably because we were drunk--and then drunk on the way out to look for the car. :D the great thing about being extremely high at one concert, and then extremely drunk at the next is that you lose alot of weight from not being hungry. I don't think I ate for 2 days straight--just drank and got high. :D and soaked in a jacuzzi tub multiple times--best 3 days ever!
  • Options
    bnc620bnc620 Posts: 6
    DewieCox wrote:
    bnc620 wrote:

It's actually called Baba Oriley

Thanks! Guess I should've looked into it more. And I love your movie. ;)
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,049
    It gets harder and harder to describe each after I have seen them.
    I swear that they get better each year and each show.

I was thrilled to hear Release, Garden, and Why Go from Ten, along with some personal favs that I have never heard live like Off He Goes and Rats!!! They also did an amazing job on all of the new stuff, of course I think we all knew that they would :D

Glad they came back to Indy and hopefully it isn't so long the next time around!

Thanks!!!!!!!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    Sea wrote:
    May 7, 2010 Noblesville, Indiana, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana

Set List: Release, Last Exit, Got Some, Why Go, In My Tree, Small Town, Unthought Known, Even Flow, Supersonic, Down, Daughter/WMA/Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones), Goin’ Back To Indiana (The Corporation) [partial version], Rats, Wishlist, Insignificance, Force Of Nature (dedicated To Hud Mellencamp), Jeremy, The Fixer

1st encore: Just Breathe, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Lukin, Better Man, Do The Evolution

2nd encore: Garden, Whipping, Alive, Baba O’Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

crazy unpredictable spring weather at the summer shed
    camping was packed
    venue/lawn packed

mission # 1 is always to pick up tickets as soon as possible
    mission accomplished. no troubles.
    mission # 2 arrive on time to see boh. check.
    wait way too long after boh set. check. ugh

an appropriate opener. it was a struggle, and then the release. ahhhhh
    back home again

**the pogoing starts***
    last exit>got sum = massive huge peak

insignificance is a song i wished they'd play at every show.
    it's instilled, to want to live

and loved how they ended the main set...
    2 new songs with jeremy stuck in between. nice.
    ended with the fixer as the last main set song
    perfect set. love the new songs

settling into just breathe as the first encore
    did i mention i like the new songs...anyways!

off he goes>given to fly = massive huge peak

betterman is the greatest song ever

dte, 2010

then the moment came...and its why this band is
    the best live band of any bands playing today...
    they absolutely nailed garden.
    it knocked me over, totally shocked/floored me
    the best version i have ever heard. there are
    no words to describe the true beauty of it...
    i was like a deer caught in car headlights.

whipping was the perfect song choice after that intense version

the show ended with the power numbers

i bet even the peeps in the very back of the lawns got it

rock anthems>yl>star

the perfect show(but aren't they all?)

i couldn't stop watching stone all night. he's rocking out so hard. omg

10c helped spread the joy so thanks to them for that