Options

*** Noblesville Fanviews Here 5/7/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    the whole VIP thing is bullshit....the venue basically sells those seats to rich assholes who try to rape everyone who wants good seats to the show

I guess I'm glad that very few people bought their seats but it sucks that so many good seats were empty

To respond to this generalization...

Maybe some people did not come out due to the weather warnings is one possibility. Not everyone in "VIP" are rich assholes. I'm on medical disablity so I'm quite the opposite from the population you spoke about. I had nice tickets because I've been in fan club so long. Not eveyone up front were rich assholes. In fact, a few children were down front along with my teenager who was attending first show! I'm grateful for my seats, but during beautiful weather, the lawn is awesome as well. Many people have earned those seats due to their seniority in the ten club. Do you belong to it? It might be something to consider, however if you never go back to the only large outdoor venue in town, I guess the point is mute. Sorry your experience was a bad one. :)

Deer Creek has always, always been a nightmare to get into unless your clever enough to go early. Try seeing Phish or The Dead and you'll see the same thing happen.
    It is what it is.
    But I know rules changed when a large corporation sucked up the name Deer Creek and threw their stupid logo on it. Funny, it's called Verizon Wireless Music Center, but my phone never worked. I think we should point the finger at the Verizon. They stole our "Deer Creek" all for what?

Slow down. Make sure you know what the poster is talking about before writing a novel. The poster was not talking about Ten Club seats, but the VIP boxes at about row 22. The poster has fan club seats and has mentioned that earlier in the thread I believe.
  • Options
    paradisevendorparadisevendor Posts: 46
    edited May 2010
    First off, absolutely awesome show. I drove up from Atlanta via Columbus. We get a lot of tornadic weather here and while very dangerous, I've always maintained that the low pressure makes it feel awesome outside. That was just how this show felt. We had 5th row in the center section. Setlist was badass. One of my favorite songs (and my 6 year old's favorite) is Garden. I could've gone home after they played that a happy man. We were across the aisle from Dallas Clark (Colts TE) and about 10 feet from Eddie's childhood friend. Pretty cool.

If anyone has pictures from the middle section they are willing to email me,I'd really appreciate it. I had a crappy camera phone and Ed won't be still enough for the pics to be captured.

Good times.
    Post edited by paradisevendor on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    This was my second show at Deer Creek/Verizon. I learned in my first experience that you sit in the parking lot for a long time after the show. Because of this I was not ticked off when sitting for 50 minutes in one spot. For you who have been here before, I do not know why you are acting like this is the first time you have had this problem. There have been long Ten Club lines at other venues as well. Plus, the weather played a large role in the Ten Club line being how it was.

Long Ten Club lines in prior years = MSG, Hartford, Chicago

The Ten Club line was not the venue's fault. Imagine if MSG was in the middle of nowhere and most people did not get to the venue until 7:00? Huge line!

Quit whining, especially those who have been to the venue before.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i was lucky after the show. we stayed until the very end and then bolted for my truck. i was able to drive to within 50 yards of the road without anybody in front of me. it only took me 10-15 minutes to get out of the parking lot.

i did have to drive down some country roads to get back on I69 at mile marker 14 (deer creek is mile marker 10)

i've done parking lots like this in other places, i knew what to expect and was lucky enough to get going quick enough.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I will forever love you Pearl Jam. I thank the Universal force of nature for your music every fucking day. :D
    :)
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    jck33jck33 Posts: 39
    Epic show, and the crowd was great. Last summer at the Chicago shows I thought the band seemed happy and felt the same about Noblesville: They really seemed excited and together and it paid off for all of us lucky enough to be there.
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Despite all the generation Y-ners complaing about the sound, parking, weather and traffic. This was a great show. My first time to Deer Creek and I thought it sounded great and the venue is great as well. The people of Indiana were awesome and your bars are open till 3am....NICE!!!!. The crowd for this show was as vocal as I have seen in a very long time. You could feel the energy as you were walking up to your seat. PJ were on fire and played off that energy. Highlight for me was the remastered version on Garden and Release.

Thanks PJ!!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    shadowcast wrote:
    Despite all the generation Y-ners complaing about the sound, parking, weather and traffic. This was a great show. My first time to Deer Creek and I thought it sounded great and the venue is great as well. The people of Indiana were awesome and your bars are open till 3am....NICE!!!!. The crowd for this show was as vocal as I have seen in a very long time. You could feel the energy as you were walking up to your seat. PJ were on fire and played off that energy. Highlight for me was the remastered version on Garden and Release.

Thanks PJ!!!!

i guess i'm gen X, but to say the sound was good is bs. the sound was terrible. i assume the wind was a main culprit, or they were just tuned really bad, but at times, it was painful to listen to.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    jck33 wrote:
    Epic show.

no offense, but not sure i would call it epic. you won't see 1000 threads asking about where the boot is for this show, like we had for the Philly shows. good show, no doubt, but not even close to epic. :)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    81 wrote:
    jck33 wrote:
    Epic show.

no offense, but not sure i would call it epic. you won't see 1000 threads asking about where the boot is for this show, like we had for the Philly shows. good show, no doubt, but not even close to epic. :)
    It was one of the better crowds I've seen in 20+ shows and the weather had a profound effect on the show. I think someone that attended the show has the right to declare it epic (i did :D ).

Also, we might see 1000 threads for the bootleg if they take six months to release it ;)
  • Options
    CoopiaCoopia Posts: 31
    81 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:

Thanks PJ!!!!

i guess i'm gen X, but to say the sound was good is bs. the sound was terrible. i assume the wind was a main culprit, or they were just tuned really bad, but at times, it was painful to listen to.

I think the sound issue had a lot to do with where you were sitting. My buddy was down close on Mike's side, and he said everything sounded great. My wife and I were on the right hand side rail of the soundboard (sect F, 1st row behind VIP), and it was horrible. I am usually the last person to notice any sound issues, but it was extremely distracting Friday night.

The first few songs sounded horribly "jumbled" if that makes any sense. It was almost impossible to focus in on a certain instrument, or even Ed's voice. They seemed to get that figured out before too long, but the rest of the night there was a high pitched feedback that was present the whole time. Almost like a constant "hot mic". During the acoustic portions, or while Ed was talking, it became almost unbearable. I don't know if it was a problem that came from the right side of the stage, but I seemed to be in the sweet spot for it. I kept looking over at the guy running the soundboard to see if he was making adjustments, but he didn't seem to notice.

Other than that, I thought the show was great. In My Tree, and Rats were great surprises. I am looking forward to hearing the bootleg to see what everything was supposed to sound like.
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    81 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:

Thanks PJ!!!!

Dude, I don't know what show you were at but to say it was painful to listen to you must be tone def. It sounded great by me so I feel sorry for you if you had a shitty sound experience. Must have ruined you night then???
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Did anyone see the setlist? I'm so curious as to what was left off... hoping they play them tonight. 8-)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    drsluggo wrote:
    Did anyone see the setlist? I'm so curious as to what was left off... hoping they play them tonight. 8-)
    I believe they scratched Last Kiss, Know Your Rights, Thumbing My Way, and No More. Have Fun! ;)
  • Options
    RW70481RW70481 Posts: 1
    what a mess. never did i think i would leave a show before it was over....especially after sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for 2.5 hours...then standing in line for an hour to get my tickets. It only got worse. my seats were about the worst you could get in the venue. Way left of the stage...i would have rather been in the lawn. At least I could see the screen back there. I thought being in ten club gave you some edge...better seats. I think i would have had better luck orderign tickets from ticketmaster...This was our 5th show? through ten club and seats get worse instead of better. Very disappointed.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    the whole VIP thing is bullshit....the venue basically sells those seats to rich assholes who try to rape everyone who wants good seats to the show

I guess I'm glad that very few people bought their seats but it sucks that so many good seats were empty

To respond to this generalization...

Maybe some people did not come out due to the weather warnings is one possibility. Not everyone in "VIP" are rich assholes. I'm on medical disablity so I'm quite the opposite from the population you spoke about. I had nice tickets because I've been in fan club so long. Not eveyone up front were rich assholes. In fact, a few children were down front along with my teenager who was attending first show! I'm grateful for my seats, but during beautiful weather, the lawn is awesome as well. Many people have earned those seats due to their seniority in the ten club. Do you belong to it? It might be something to consider, however if you never go back to the only large outdoor venue in town, I guess the point is mute. Sorry your experience was a bad one. :)

Deer Creek has always, always been a nightmare to get into unless your clever enough to go early. Try seeing Phish or The Dead and you'll see the same thing happen.
    It is what it is.
    But I know rules changed when a large corporation sucked up the name Deer Creek and threw their stupid logo on it. Funny, it's called Verizon Wireless Music Center, but my phone never worked. I think we should point the finger at the Verizon. They stole our "Deer Creek" all for what?

yeah take it easy....as was said before I am talking about the VIP boxes that were mostly empty

These seats were on stubhub as soon as the date was announced

I got there early so no complaints...unfortunately I missed three songs of the first encore because I had to use the bathroom....that is a facility issue....and of course this isn't anything they will change because we keep packing the place but that doesn't change the fact that it sucks
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    14 shows. Finally. Finally...my first Release.
    I'm still in a daze after the whole experience...maybe one of these times I'll write more..but that Release was really all I needed.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    glorified Kglorified K Posts: 66
    i am starting to find in humorous to read all of the bitching that continues. did none of you read anything on the boards prior to the show? everyone knows that traffic sucks getting in and out of deer creek/verizon. could have easily been prevented by doing some research prior and taking some back roads in. i showed up at approx 6:30 and did not wait at all. i picked up my tickets prior to the mad rush (which was clearly made much worse due to the storms) so did not have any issues there. the lines to the bathrooms appear to always be bad, but nobody knows that the pissers are like 4 levels deep once you get in- so be a dick and go in the out and you will find empty urinals every time toward the back. nobody can help all of the drunks in the lawn- seems to happen every time (which is why you don't get lawn seats if you can help it). and boo hoo- my ten club seats sucked. did you not see the hype that this show was getting prior. indy was a friday night and got all of the chicago area along w/a ton of people making this part of their mini-tour- doubling up w/ st louis or columbus. people have to start realizing that they are getting good seats, but can't expect great things when your # is high.
    see fuckers... your starting to turn me negative now. thanks.
    great show. maybe my favorite.
    ps- still looking for pix of ed in the cubs hat if anyone took any. thanks.
  • Options
    d2farmerd2farmer Posts: 23
    I went to Columbus the night before and got to the Sleepybear by 2pm. Had some beers, food and good times w/everyone at the campground. Went in at 6:30pm, walked stratight up to the box office and grabbed my 10c tixs and was asked by a girl to my left if I have 10c tixs? Advised the girl that I do have 10c tixs and watched the merging traffic pass of 100's of bodies. Had ok seats, the bathroom lines weren't that bad, got beers rather easily and watched a fun set. All in all, it was a great time.
    d2farmer
  • Options
    cross7806cross7806 Posts: 222
    does anyone know what the final attendance number was? :?:
  • Options
    prljmfn08prljmfn08 Posts: 3
    A simple GPS got my wife and I on backroads and into the parking lot, no problem..and we came from the Dayton, OH area. We hit the lottery and were in row 2, almost center stage!! Met some really cool people down there and had a great time. Sound was fine- but we were in row 2! Highlights for me were: Release, Last Exit, In My Tree, Off He Goes, & Garden. I don't post much, but I wanted to THANKTen Club for a GREAT Night in Row 2 !! I also went to Columbus, decent seats and had a great time there as well.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    cross7806 wrote:
    does anyone know what the final attendance number was? :?:

my guess would be 20-22000 based on the crowd on the lawn
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I was so excited for this concert in my hometown and Pearl Jam did not disappoint! I have been to Verizon many times so I expected long lines and crappy parking. We got our 10C tickets early at 2:30 then heading to Mo's for the pre-party. We went back to the venue at 6 and got to our seats just fine. Then we started looking up toward the sky wondering if the concert was going to happen. Couldn't check the weather i-phone because they never work at the 'Verizon' center! Anyway I was glad to hear the concert was delayed because of the weather and PJ waited to start the show until everyone was safely inside the venue. It is nice to know that they truly care about their fan's safety.

Opening with Release was so great! I kept telling my husband and friends that we went with that this could be the opener! I was so thrilled when I heard those first few chords. It was great to hear Supersonic. This is one of my favorites from Backspacer. My daughter loves this song and we always listen to it in the car. She is 13 years old and I thought about taking her to the show but I was reluctant because of all the drunks. One guy puked behind us and some other guy threw his beer cup a couple rows up from us (WTF!). Anyway maybe one day when she is a little older and won't be so disturbed by the drunk jerks in the audience! Wonderful to hear Wishlist, Do the Evolution and YL. Really enjoyed listening to Unthought Known especially is the open night air with all the great Pearl Jam fans........."Fill the air up with love/Black with starlight/Feel the sky blanket you/With gems and rhinestones".

The guys really know how to put on a great show. After every show I always tell myself that this was the best show and wished I had gotten more tickets for other shows on the tour! Hopefully, we will see them again this Fall touring the US preferably somewhere in the Midwest!
    And he who forgets will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    milarso wrote:
    BN68439 wrote:
    Noblesville sucks Donk. Pearl Jam once again blew the place away with a great performance. But, good Jeeeeeeeezzzzzussss this venue sucks major corn husk. Bad audio. http://www.period.com. And the lines to get tix? Are you fucking serious? Didn't even get to see Band of Horses (who rock ass nuggets) because of the hoccum going on at the bum fuck ticket stand for Ten Club Tickets. Last time I will ever purch through Ten Club. Give me a fucking break. Oh, and the sausage necks from Illinoise coming down and throwing their fingers up like they were trying out for Jersey Shore Chicago Edition on MTV? Go home.

Im from Indiana. I have seen Pearl Jam all my life at our precious deercreek. It's a beautiful venue. Perhaps your negative outlook comes from the rain. Indiana does not yet control it's own weather and it certainly cannot control how a stupid huge corportion fucks ups the procedures. It is not reflection on the venue. I have never had a bad show there. The stars, the moon are almost magical when out.

To call us people from the midwest ( i now live in Seattle) and our little sprawling towns we can't stop either, bum fucks...is just not DREAMING THE DREAMs OF OTHER MEN.

Do you ever really listen to Ed? Or are you they type of peson who lets tiny details ruin a perfectly beautiful bands performance?

It's all about perspective. Just because some of us were born between corn and beans, does not mean we like it either, but thank God Pearl Jam did not forget us and appreciated us way more than this post. :(

Sorry friend, Nobelsville and Deer Creek or Verison-whatever theater was terrible. I drove five hours from Detroit to have arguably the worst concert experience of my life. The show was fantastic, because the band made it so. But everything else about that venue was horrible. I won't ever go back.

I agree. The venue was horrible and I would never go back there, even for another PJ show. My wife and I probably walked around the whole perimeter of the place looking for our car (we were not drunk, btw). I've never seen so many people lost after a concert looking for their car or the campground.
  • Options
    Everyone complains about the traffic at Deer Creek...learn the back roads! The internet is a wonderful resource. Of course, it helps that I have family 5 miles from the venue! :D

The show Friday was awesome, saw both Columbus and Indy, loved them both. One of the largest crowds I've seen there. Being born/raised Hoosier, I always love going back home/to the midwest, and to see PJ put on the shows they did, holy crap! Wish I could have gotten tickets to MSG now, thinkin' maybe a European vacation is in order for this summer???

Now it is time to recover and get rested for work tomorrow.

It's too bad that all the back roads were closed off by the cops. Had to go 2 or 3 miles north out of the way to finally hit some clear road.
  • Options
    BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    It's all about perspective.

Either the band makes it all better or the band does not.

You create your own reality. :idea:

The End.
  • Options
    DJ OF PJDJ OF PJ Posts: 1
    Absolutely incredible experience. Great music and really great fans..especially the fellow ten club members...which again is a tribute to the band. I hadn't seen them live since 1995 and now I'm kicking myself for all of the missed opportunities over the past 15 years. Thank you PJ and TC for an unforgettable time. You gotta come back through here soon. I'm jones'n already.
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,613
    anyone have a copy of the setlist? anything left off?
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    mattymo26mattymo26 Posts: 15
    Last i checked, Pearl Jam doesn't control the weather or the traffic on your Last Exit. My friend and I dealt with both, it sucked, WHO CARES?!..I like what BhagavadGita wrote about it being perspective.....I'm just glad that 20 years ago, a band named Mookie Blaylock decided to get together and make some music...Thanks guys. You've made our lives richer with what you've created. Loved the show. Setlist was out of this world. If i had three thumbs, they'd all be up.
    I am lost, I'm no guide....but I'm by your side.
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    CW72831 wrote:
    I but I will say this, severl people around me were from Chicago.....and they confirmed some things I already knew. People from Chicago are by far the rudest people on the plant and have zero social skills. They acted as if they owned the place and I was some redneck hick. I was just there to enjoy myself, was hard to do ......

your blanket stereotypes are just ignorant....and most of the people at the show looked like they should put the meth down for awhile....I knew I was in trouble when the guy next to me introduced me to his wife and sister, and there was one woman standing there.

You have the audacity to complain about someone stereotyping some people from Chicago as rude, then turn around and insinuate that Hoosiers are all inbreed meth heads! "Most of the people at the show looked liek they should put down the meth for awhile..." Well F YOU and STAY the F out of Indy next time.
    i did what i had to do, and if there was a reason it was you