13»

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    actually its menopause....hehehehe

no wonder you've been so bitchy lately! :p
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Here in Seattle Sonic Boom in Fremont and Ballard had 15 copies each they told me when I called to check. You should call them up and see if they will ship it to you, they probably will.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    am i doing the currency conversion wrong on this danish website?

DKK 229,95 converts to $4,560.6905

Is the comma supposed to be a decimal point?
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    ZAPPER wrote:
    am i doing the currency conversion wrong on this danish website?

DKK 229,95 converts to $4,560.6905

Is the comma supposed to be a decimal point?
    yes. DKK 229 = $ 45
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    I'm surprised too about Vinyl Fever, but from what I hear, they aren't the same store any more. They were bought out by a larger company and kept the same name. They get "fixed shipments" in each week- completely different from before. It's kind of sad actually.

No, they're not the same store they used to be. But they're still the only place in town that stocks new releases on vinyl. That's still good enough for me.

Plus, my wife bought me the Radiohead catalog box set there for Christmas, so that extended my loyalty a bit!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Julien wrote:
    yes. DKK 229 = $ 45

Oh wow - with shipping to the USofA the total comes out to $63.46 USD
  • Options
    jcckjcjcckjc Posts: 91
    They had them on Monday. May still have some. I'm looking to trade one for a Binaural LP or the Gorge Ape poster. PM if interested.
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    jcckjc wrote:
    They had them on Monday. May still have some. I'm looking to trade one for a Binaural LP or the Gorge Ape poster. PM if interested.

That's nice you got one, but we're still trying to find ones for ourselves. So if you're not going to help anyone out with picking any up, please go make yourself your own trade thread.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    jcckjc wrote:

How did you get two? They were very strict about one per person. Did you leave and go back in?

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    jcckjcjcckjc Posts: 91
    TacoJammer wrote:
    How did you get two? They were very strict about one per person. Did you leave and go back in?

I had a friend with me. He got one as well.
  • Options
    Sonic Boom Ballard still has some for all you Seattle peeps.

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    anyone in SF area have any luck finding it anywhere around? All i heard was Amoeba SF sold them all a week before release date - and Amoeba Berkeley told me they didnt know a thing about it and never had any.
  • Options
    an indie store in the city i lived in held one for me....the guy told me had a chance to order 10 but only picked up 5 b/c he didn't realize it was going to be so huge. he charged me $42 for my vinyl.

he also told me to check ebay b/c they were going for $150. i told him how that disgusted me and made me sad...we discussed how pearl jam fans are quite fanatic (he said insane...whatever)....

as i was leaving he told me he thought he'd sit on some and sell them on ebay b/c they were bound to go for around $300 in a few years' time...but he was glad i was able to get one for the "right" price.

that really bummed me out. after i told him how i felt and why...he is no better than the people who hoarde the posters at concerts and then put them up on ebay, in my mind. it was a disappointing trip to the indie record store.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    Can you really blame him though, we are pretty die hard pearl jams, so it seems wrong to us to buy and sell their stuff at a profit. However I'm not sure that I wouldn't do the same if I came across some rate item from a band I didn't care much about.

The only reason the posters and the vinyl go for so much and get flipped is because they're issued in such small quanitities, that it leaves an instant real demand for the merch, and anyone who isn't a passionate pearl jam fan, see's $$.

It is a shame they don't get released in sufficient quantities to prevent them from having such high trade values, and thus attracting the non pj community to also gobble up the collectors items.

no, i can see why he is thinking about it...it was just a little disheartening to hear is all. especially for a store that is struggling to survive, i understand where he is coming from, sure.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,596
    not easy even in the beginning...
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23