Ive got a ton of Pearl Jam Bootlegs on Cd....

Phil100981Phil100981 Posts: 131
edited May 2010 in The Porch
that i have recently put to one of my spare harddrives. Now i have about 400 cds full of pearl jam bootlegs I dont really need. Is there amy interest out there for these cds i would hate to see them end up in the trash??? any takers

EDIT EDIT EDIT PLEASE READ ATTENTION ATTENTION...

As i have gotten multiple responses of all different kinds for these Bootlegs. Some where for money for the cds. others wanting to know what concerts they were so individuals can add to their collections. One very good Idea to send them overseas to troops so they can have some good music to listen to. and some others that fellow fans would pay me in either tickets or money for tickets to shows to record more shows. I honestly don't know what to do. the Most intriguing ones to me are they ones where I send the CDs over seas to the men and women fighting for our country or the ones where i trade the cds for concert tickets. If you guys were in my shoes what would you do????

PS the bootlegs range from 1990 -2003 and some are soundboard quality or better and some are audience recordings and are decent quality or not so good.
You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets
Or you can come to terms and realize
You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 869
    What do you have? Old school bootlegs? I have all the official bootlegs on cd.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Phil100981Phil100981 Posts: 131
    yes they are all old school boots pretty close to every single show before pearl jam started to put out the offical bootlegs. some of them have excellent qua;ity some not so good but for a seroius collector they are great for their collection. some shows are missing as in i couldnt find them or there just werent recordings for those shows.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    So....which one's you got?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,903
    I'm in for this (at least some).What do you want ?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Phil100981 wrote:
    that i have recently put to one of my spare harddrives. Now i have about 400 cds full of pearl jam bootlegs I dont really need. Is there amy interest out there for these cds i would hate to see them end up in the trash??? any takers

OK how lame is this: I have been a big fan all along, but never really got into the bootleg thing until I bought a show I went to in 06 from this site. I joined 10C in 06, lapsed and rejoined in 12/09. With all the excitement of this east coast run (I got 2 shows) I have been reading all these threads about bootlegs and want to , not really to collect but, gather up a few great shows strictly for listening pleasure. I don't really know how to go about picking them up and have been a little intimidated to ask in the forum; but this seems like the the time to inquire.
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
  • stickman81stickman81 Posts: 437
    i'm interested in some too...always like collecting...
  • yeah im interested
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Interested.
  • Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    very interested as well.
    :mrgreen:
  • Phil100981 wrote:

im interested. yeah, ill take them all off your hands. could never have too many.
    a wise man investigates what a fool passes by

4/26/03 - pittsburgh
    4/28/03 - philly
    7/05/03 - camden
    7/12/03 - hershey
    5/28/06 - camden
    5/20/10 - msg
    5/21/10 - msg
    6/25/11 - upper darby - EV
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,051
    Interested too
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Interested this way! :P
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,117
    if you wind up with any that you cannot find a home for, i am still collecting pj boots on cdr to send to our Troops over in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as down to those who are at Walter Reed Medical Center. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • givenfliersgivenfliers Posts: 144
    i would take alot off ur hands and maybe pay for u too follow pj for a cple of shes with the money or u could spend it like an adult should just email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jdwolfe21@yahoo.com">jdwolfe21@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    i got a few of these. pm me for my list. im looking or liek 15-20 a pop for double disc sets.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Interested too
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    if you wind up with any that you cannot find a home for, i am still collecting pj boots on cdr to send to our Troops over in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as down to those who are at Walter Reed Medical Center. Please let me know. Thanks!

GREAT IDEA!!!!!
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,386
    joe2468 wrote:

GREAT IDEA!!!!!
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    jw185687 wrote:
    i would take alot off ur hands and maybe pay for u too follow pj for a cple of shes with the money or u could spend it like an adult should just email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jdwolfe21@yahoo.com">jdwolfe21@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->

Translation please?
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    whatever you do, don't sell them, it goes against what bands who allow AUD recordings stand for.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    upload them all to the internet. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    How about donating them to one of the pre-parties? Some of the parties are lacking auction items, and if you have that many it would really help out. They would a.) end up going to other PJ fans. B.) help raise money for a good cause.

I also like the idea of sending them over seas....
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    joe2468 wrote:

GREAT IDEA!!!!!

Just wanted to share something very special that happened to me this morning with all of you. We have a fellow 10c and forum member serving over in Iraq right now. He reached out to me this morning and long story longer, he and many members of his brigade are huge PJ fans. So with that said, tomorrow morning, some huge US Troop supply boxes along with some PJ Boots (thanks Stuckinline for your contributions and donations!) as well as some Backspacer "space drummer" stickers are headed to our Heroes in Iraq. What a great feeling to 'spread the jam'. Sorry for temporarily hijacking the thread!
    bump because it has been such a great week