I thought you were a friend, but I guess, I guess I hate you

Comments

• DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    morgie2 wrote:
    Footsteps -- always thought it was "pictures on my desk" but now I'm hearing "pictures aren't my taste" and I like that a lot better. But it could be either, going to look right after I post this :)

Footsteps is about the psychology of a serial killer. I think the lyrics are "pictures on my test", referring to the Rorschach inkblot test. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test)

And I thought it was "pictures on my chest", as in family pictures on his chest of drawers. Giving more meaning to the lyric "It was you", as in it was you in the picture - a family member that caused me all this pain.

I thought it was "pictures on my chest" as if they were carved there.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    DangDang wrote:

I thought it was "pictures on my chest" as if they were carved there.

Sorry to burst your bubble with my factual interpretation.

;)
  • TS164310TS164310 Posts: 43
    MrSmith wrote:
    i just found out in In mY Tree he says "got back my inner sense..." instead of "got back my innocence". i like that.

wow...i've always loved In My Tree, but I just gained a deeper appreciation for the song. Thanks!
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    In the second chorus of 'Go', I continue to sing & believe that Ed say's, "Before I'm fucking gone! No!..." Actuality it is..."A fool not a fucking God!" It really is all about how you interpret what the song means to you. I still sing it the way I think I hear it. :lol:
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    My wife thought "Don't go on me" sounded like "Stomp the wombat" so it's been a running joke in our house for years. If anyone in New Orleans hears someone singing "pleeeeeeeeease STOMP THE WOMBAT" pay no attention.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    morgie2 wrote:
    Footsteps -- always thought it was "pictures on my desk" but now I'm hearing "pictures aren't my taste" and I like that a lot better. But it could be either, going to look right after I post this :)

Footsteps is about the psychology of a serial killer. I think the lyrics are "pictures on my test", referring to the Rorschach inkblot test. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test)

And I thought it was "pictures on my chest", as in family pictures on his chest of drawers. Giving more meaning to the lyric "It was you", as in it was you in the picture - a family member that caused me all this pain.

"pictures on my chest" that's what I think it is, as in prison house tats, because he is supposed to be sitting on death row from the killing spree in Once.

that's just me though. ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    My son Maximus starts singing "Oh...Godzilla, what's to say" Everytime he hears 'Once'. Hillarious
    the wolf wrote:

"pictures on my chest" that's what I think it is, as in prison house tats, because he is supposed to be sitting on death row from the killing spree in Once.

the wolf wrote:

Yup, def sitting on death row, seeming to me to be thinking back to his childhhood - telling us who did this to him.

Footsteps in the hall, it was you, you
    Pictures on my chest, it was you
    It was you...

The person walking down the hall of his home...coming to abuse him
    the person he has pictures of in his room.
    the wolf wrote:

Yup, def sitting on death row, seeming to me to be thinking back to his childhhood - telling us who did this to him.

Footsteps in the hall, it was you, you
    Pictures on my chest, it was you
    It was you...

The person walking down the hall of his home...coming to abuse him
    the person he has pictures of in his room.

Deeeeeep....

Deeeeeep....

Cool, another song we can take apart and study...
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Funny...

The song Alive???
    When i first heard it....When Ed says "Im still Alive"

At first I thought ED was saying....

"GOD DAMNED I LOVE peanut butter an jelly sandwiches"!!!!!!!!

It wasnt until I bought the album 2 weeks later, and read the lyrics, that I realized he was saying "Im still Alive"

Funny though, 15 years later, and when I see this song live, I still sing as loud as I can...

"GOD DAMNED I LOVE peanut butter and jelly sandwiches"!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    not only in songs...but when he speaks on the mic...he is the only person i know who can truly "speak Seattle"
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
    Funny...

The song Alive???

It wasnt until I bought the album 2 weeks later, and read the lyrics, that I realized he was saying "Im still Alive"

Funny though, 15 years later, and when I see this song live, I still sing as loud as I can...

So you got 9 words out of 3???
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    MrSmith wrote:
    i just found out in In mY Tree he says "got back my inner sense..." instead of "got back my innocence".
    Really?! That's news to me, too... Funny how after all these years one can still learn new Pearl Jam lyrics. ;)

I only recently discovered that what the guy from Given to Fly did was not "got up, bought a beer, ran for hundreds of miles"... :lol:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Funny...

The song Alive???

The person above me sucks.....

Oh wait...
    Wrong thread.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Funny...

The song Alive???

The person above me sucks.....

Oh wait...
    Wrong thread.......

I don't give a rats ass about this thread.
    R-Dub81 wrote:
    not only in songs...but when he speaks on the mic...he is the only person i know who can truly "speak Seattle"

Awesome!!! Truly 'Classic' :lol:

Deeeeeep....

Oh man, the lyrics I thought I heard before actually knowing what they truly are is a little 'x' rated for this place :lol:

Deeeeeep....

Oh man, the lyrics I thought I heard before actually knowing what they truly are is a little 'x' rated for this place :lol:

True. We would have to use code words.

Deeeeeep....

True. We would have to use code words.

mais il coule lui-même profonde, oh :lol:

Wait, it sounds even dirtier that way...
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Make me fries

Classic! One of the funniest PJ things I've ever seen.
    Black73 wrote:
    Make me fries

I bought a shirt with that line on the back, and "potato wave" on the front. No one has a clue...
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Black73 wrote:
    Make me fries

I bought a shirt with that line on the back, and "potato wave" on the front. No one has a clue...

See, this is something that makes real fans great. I have a shirt I wear to PJ concerts with an early 90's artist rendering of Eddie. I can count on one hand how many people comment on it anymore...someone at Lollapalooza '07 asked, "Dude, who's on your shirt?"
    Black73 wrote:

See, this is something that makes real fans great. I have a shirt I wear to PJ concerts with an early 90's artist rendering of Eddie. I can count on one hand how many people comment on it anymore...someone at Lollapalooza '07 asked, "Dude, who's on your shirt?"

Nice....

It must be copyright infrigement to use Mr. Potatohead's likeness, so the front of the shirt has a picture of an actual wave with an Idaho potato on it...

Wait, it sounds even dirtier that way...

:shh:

;)
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    My friend insists that Eddie is sayin' "Leland" at the begining of Even Flow instead of "Freezing"...cause her dog is named Leland... :? :crazy:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    But I'm glad we talked...

Thought it was 'But I'm playin guitar'. Which didn't make complete sense as it's the mother saying that but I figured it was supposed to be the Eddie voice saying that ... Like 'This sucks, but I'm playing guitar so I'm alright and still alive'.

Hmph.
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    First time i heard Leash, i thought he was saying "Fuck Police! Fuck Police!, get outta my fucking face!"

Straight outta Compton WA
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • jester59388jester59388 Posts: 150
    Black73 wrote:
    Make me fries

Man ... I would SO buy this shirt if I could find one!!
    a fool not a fucking god ....