My Morning Jacket

Comments

• you guys better post reviews after the shows this week. I will be living vicariously through you
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Get_Right wrote:
    saw them at outside lands on the 14th and they were fantastic

It was an f-ing rocking show. that whole weekend was unbelievable. 8-) Wish I could go to the MSG shows. Have fun to all attending!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Baby, there's just one thing. One thing that does it, does it for me....seeing MMJ live!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Baby, there's just one thing. One thing that does it, does it for me....seeing MMJ live!

Have only seen them once and it was opening for PJ. I didn't get the full effect :(

I wanted to go see them next Saturday at Canandaigua, NY but I unfortunatly have to work a concert at SPAC :x I'm so jealous you're going to see two nights at Terminal 5. Z should be an amazing time!
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1

Have only seen them once and it was opening for PJ. I didn't get the full effect :(

I wanted to go see them next Saturday at Canandaigua, NY but I unfortunatly have to work a concert at SPAC :x I'm so jealous you're going to see two nights at Terminal 5. Z should be an amazing time!
    Wait, you're not coming to Mountain Park on Wed?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Just now commenting on the Chicago show from Tuesday.

First time seeing them and they sounded amazing. The open air venue and weather on the lake that night was perfect. I will however say that the show for me was really tough to get into to. The song selection was great, but the order to me was a bit off. I would really be groovin along and then the song and pace just seamed to die out.

I could have handled maybe some of the encore spread throughout the first set to keep my attention.

Like i said the venue, sound, atmosphere was amazing. It just didnt flow for me.....
    ;)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    saw them at outside lands on the 14th and they were fantastic

It was an f-ing rocking show. that whole weekend was unbelievable. 8-) Wish I could go to the MSG shows. Have fun to all attending!
    yeah great time in SF
    phish at the greek
    rush at the shoreline
    outside lands on Sat (furthur put me to sleep after wolfmother and MMJ-and IM a dead head!)
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Just now commenting on the Chicago show from Tuesday.

First time seeing them and they sounded amazing. The open air venue and weather on the lake that night was perfect. I will however say that the show for me was really tough to get into to. The song selection was great, but the order to me was a bit off. I would really be groovin along and then the song and pace just seamed to die out.

I could have handled maybe some of the encore spread throughout the first set to keep my attention.

Like i said the venue, sound, atmosphere was amazing. It just didnt flow for me.....
    ;)

Was there too, and I see what you're saying. Some of their songs are just so hard and loud and their jams are sooo intense, but then Jim will follow it up with a 6-minute slower, more quiet tune. Kinda loses momentum at times, I guess. But I still loved every single second of it. The 3 jays that my friend and I burned down during the show probly had something to do with that. :lol: But still, these guys are just magical on stage together...the first 3 songs just took me to a better place.

Mahgeetah is so incredible live. I can't really describe, but it just makes me sooo happy..
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Tonight in Mansfield!
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Anybody know where to dl some of their "rare" tunes....Looking for Chills in particular. It's on the Z vinyl.
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    torrent i guess.
  • There's also a version of Chills on the At Dawn/Tennessee Fire Demos package that came out a few years ago.

Wait, you're not coming to Mountain Park on Wed?

No man I can't make it. If it was a Friday or Saturday show I could but not a Wednesday. How was Mansfield? Looks like they played the same setlist both nights.
  • No man I can't make it. If it was a Friday or Saturday show I could but not a Wednesday. How was Mansfield? Looks like they played the same setlist both nights.
    Ah well, that sucks man. Wish you could make it, it's going to be a super fun time. Saturday night was awesome. Never in my life have I heard a tighter 75 minute set than the one MMJ played. Felt like it went by in about 30 seconds. So good. It was my first Nashville to Kentucky. Love that shit.

Set: Rollin Back (intro)>The Way That He Sings, Gideon, Mahgeetah, It Beats 4 U, Wonderful (The Way I Feel), Golden, Nashville To Kentucky, I'm Amazed, Off The Record, Smokin From Shootin> Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt.2> (end of) Lay Low, Wordless Chorus, One Big Holiday
  • psyched for wednesday :ugeek:
    kinda glad i didnt bother going on Saturday to Tom Petty/MMJ...heard the MMJ fans were scarce and the venue wasnt letting people move closer into the empty seats....they saved the goodies for 8/25 8-)
    Fenway....could you ever be disappointed by an MMJ show??
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• psyched for wednesday :ugeek:
    kinda glad i didnt bother going on Saturday to Tom Petty/MMJ...heard the MMJ fans were scarce and the venue wasnt letting people move closer into the empty seats....they saved the goodies for 8/25 8-)
    Yeah, there were about six of us rocking our faces off on the lawn. By the end of the set, the place was about 70% filled. Other than Nashville to Kentucky, there really weren't rarities played per se, so we should be in for a real treat Wednesday night. 2 days, 7 hours till they take the stage in Holyoke by my count.
    Fenway....could you ever be disappointed by an MMJ show??
    I'm sure it's possible, in some wierd alternative universe where pigs moo and cows oink. However, I cannot currently conceive of a situation where this could happen. This band just kicks too much ass to let us down now.
  • are we the only pjammers going to this show on wednesday??
    scouring the mmj forums and other places, seems like the mountain park employees are a bunch of stiffley stiffersons....no tailgating, no near by bars....so i guess i may just go in to check out grace potter...
    any idea if they'd let me bring a poster tube in?? I'd like to score one if i can
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    are we the only pjammers going to this show on wednesday??
    scouring the mmj forums and other places, seems like the mountain park employees are a bunch of stiffley stiffersons....no tailgating, no near by bars....so i guess i may just go in to check out grace potter...
    any idea if they'd let me bring a poster tube in?? I'd like to score one if i can

mt park is a awesome venue, but don't expect much. it's just a stage set up in the middle of a field on a mountain, but surrounded by a forest so it's a cool setting. the merch/vendors (the one or 2 stands they have) are basically tables set up under tents. Parking is horrible, so go early.

at moe. I had a couple beers in the parking lot beforehand, no problems. a cop drove by and just told us to pick up our empties and we would be fine. enjoy the show, should be a good time
    Well I thought my boy Drop1The0Leash was making the trip, but now he says he cant go. You know that guy kenny olav? He might be coming too, but he hasn't posted in this thread for a while, so I'm not sure.

As far as poster tube, that's a great idear. I was gonna just buy two posters, then run back down to the cars and leave it in my trunk. However, the tube might be a nice thing if they don't let us out, then back in. Problem is, they might think we're gonna use the cardboard tube as a smoking device and prohibit that shit.

mt park is a awesome venue, but don't expect much. it's just a stage set up in the middle of a field on a mountain, but surrounded by a forest so it's a cool setting. the merch/vendors (the one or 2 stands they have) are basically tables set up under tents. Parking is horrible, so go early.

at moe. I had a couple beers in the parking lot beforehand, no problems. a cop drove by and just told us to pick up our empties and we would be fine. enjoy the show, should be a good time
    You should come kid! Don't you live out in W.Mass anyways?
  • As far as poster tube, that's a great idear. I was gonna just buy two posters, then run back down to the cars and leave it in my trunk. However, the tube might be a nice thing if they don't let us out, then back in. Problem is, they might think we're gonna use the cardboard tube as a smoking device and prohibit that shit.

i'll try and call the venue and ask if i get a chance...cant make the call from work...long distance, and...well....dont want to blow up my spot for being "sick" on wednesday :lol: ....

thanks for that...will enjoy either way...got a few back up plans and tricks up my sleeve to ensure the show will be a blast...

ya, live about 20 minutes away in Agawam, if tickets were alittle cheaper I would, but need to save up for a wedding and phish tour is being annouced this week so I need to save my concert funds for that. I like MMJ, but they are nowhere near the top of my list.

and they didn't let us back out to the cars, so hopefully you can bring in a tube or they are selling them inside. and I think it might rain for the next couple days, hope that changes for you guys...there is zero protection from rain there
  • Smokin From Shootin> Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt.2> (end of) Lay Low

This is an awesome transition of three songs. I would love to hear a bootleg of this. What part of Lay Low is considered the end?
  • just called Mountain Park...they said they think they have poster tubes there...i'll probly bring one anyways to be safe...

also, max capacity 3500 :shock:

• also, max capacity 3500 :shock:
    Yup, it's gonna be a special nite.
  • Smokin From Shootin> Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt.2> (end of) Lay Low

This is an awesome transition of three songs. I would love to hear a bootleg of this. What part of Lay Low is considered the end?
    It's like the second half of Lay Low, the instrumental part where Jim and Carl rip it. No mention of the line "got a head full of pills and amphetimines".
  • Best MMJ line ever?

Why do we love what is wrong? Big devil told us to sing along. And like a loving flock we obey, except for him...he went his own way.

I gotta hear What a Wonderful Man on Wednesday. So sick. And Two Halves...I gotta hear that one again.

• I gotta hear Cobra on Wednesday. So sick.

8-)

also, max capacity 3500 :shock:
    Yup, it's gonna be a special nite.

there will probably be less than that there too. a wed. in holyoke isn't the draw you would think it would be. since it's not sold out yet, I'd say it probably won't (unless a lot of people are waiting on the weather forcast)
  • there will probably be less than that there too. a wed. in holyoke isn't the draw you would think it would be. since it's not sold out yet, I'd say it probably won't (unless a lot of people are waiting on the weather forcast)

good!!! more room for me
    and no curfew :twisted:
    be prepared to be upset you didnt go
    (you still have time to change your mind...come sit in the rain with us!! :D )