My Morning Jacket

Comments

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322

Kicks much ass!
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,702

MMJ is my 4th favorite band and The Roots are my 3rd so this was awesome to see!

(Btw for anyone that cares PJ is 1 and Radiohead 2).
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Just grabbed tickets this morning for Friday October 15th at the State Theater in Portland, Maine. Any Jacket fans in the Northeast that can't make Petty, Mountain Park, or Terminal 5 should jump on these. It's a Friday night in beautiful scenic Portland.

Public onsale isn't till Friday, but it's general admission and the presale is going on right now. The password is "state".
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    very much looking forward to outside lands, philly and terminal 5 shows
    great live band
    Carl's releasing a solo album! The opening acts for Terminal 5 have been announced! This is a big day for MMJ fans!

http://carlbroemel.com/store/
    http://www.mymorningjacket.com/gogo/opening-bands-for-my-morning-jackets-terminal-5-shows/
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Just grabbed tickets this morning for Friday October 15th at the State Theater in Portland, Maine. Any Jacket fans in the Northeast that can't make Petty, Mountain Park, or Terminal 5 should jump on these. It's a Friday night in beautiful scenic Portland.

Public onsale isn't till Friday, but it's general admission and the presale is going on right now. The password is "state".

I grabbed them too! I don't know if you have ever been to the State Theatre, but it is a great venue. Its been closed for a few years, but now is completely renovated. I heard the capacity has been downsized as well (around 1500), so it will be a very intimate show. I had the pleasure of seeing Wilco and Interpol there years ago.

Thanks for not broadcasting the presale before hand. I was nervous about getting tickets, but looks like I had no need because there are still presale tickets available. I honestly just don't think many people realize the show is happening because it was just announced Monday. I saw them open for Pearl Jam for both Garden shows in 2006, but have been plagued with bad luck seeing them since then. Can't wait to see them as a headliner!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    jervin007 wrote:
    Thanks for not broadcasting the presale before hand.
    No problemo Jervin. I almost did, but thought the same thing. I didn't want to get left out for my pair.

We should meet up for a beer before the show. So you've never seen these guys headline? Are you hitting any of the other area MMJ shows the next few months? I can't say enough about how amazing these guys are live. Truly an experience.
  • _DAM4072-copy.jpg
    Who's ready to have their faces melted?

Cheers to those attending next week in San Diego and LA.

Studies show that listening to My Morning Jacket actually improves your mood, your health and well-being. Look it up.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    End of this month....right on the Delaware....gonna be sick.
  • He Was Leading Us Thru The Dark. He Was Sayin That "Love Goes On."
    I Was Wanting Some "Ice Cream." He Knew Exactly What I Meant.
    From The Driver's Seat In The Dark. He Popped A Tape In The Dash Of His Car.
    And When The Singer Started To Scream. I Knew Exactly What He Meant.
    I Never Knew For Sure - What A Wonderful Man He Was.
    What A Sensible Man He Was. What A Marvelous Man He Was.
    Why Do We Love What Is Wrong? Big Devil Told Us To Sing Along.
    And Like A Loving Flock We Obey - Except 4 Him - He Went His Own Way.
    Till The Day I Found Out His Cause - Was To Do It For All Of Us.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Dillsnufus wrote:
    okonokos changed my life.

Truth. That album didn't leave my player for nearly a year. It's an incredible production of live music. I think their performance of "I Will Sing You Songs" is one of the most perfect things in existence.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    He Was Leading Us Thru The Dark. He Was Sayin That "Love Goes On."
    I Was Wanting Some "Ice Cream." He Knew Exactly What I Meant.
    From The Driver's Seat In The Dark. He Popped A Tape In The Dash Of His Car.
    And When The Singer Started To Scream. I Knew Exactly What He Meant.
    What A Sensible Man He Was. What A Marvelous Man He Was.
    Why Do We Love What Is Wrong? Big Devil Told Us To Sing Along.
    And Like A Loving Flock We Obey - Except 4 Him - He Went His Own Way.
    Till The Day I Found Out His Cause - Was To Do It For All Of Us.

Z was the first album I bought of theirs...so awesome! Rock out for me Fenway, for I wish I could be there, and I know you'll have a great fucking time!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Exactly one week til I get me some live Jacket! Can't wait!
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    End of this month....right on the Delaware....gonna be sick.

i'll be there

In other MMJ news
    My Morning Jacket have revealed that their next album will be released in May next year.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, frontman Jim James explained that the band had finished recording five new songs and that the follow-up to 2008's 'Evil Urges' would be released "mid-next year, probably May".

"I'm really excited," James said. "It's all live, so the vibe is really, really good, really wholesome. There's something about it."

He added: "We've done stuff mostly live but then you do some overdubs, some vocals, or whatever. But we're trying to do everything other than maybe strings live. There's just something old and dirty about it."

Set to be the group's sixth studio effort, the as-yet untitled album is being recorded in a Louisville church with producer Tucker Martine (The Decemberists).

Currently on tour in the US, the Kentucky band will also play a five-night New York residency in October.

Meanwhile, guitarist Carl Broemel will release a new solo album, 'All Birds Say', on August 31.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    To my peeps going to the Philly show, I need your opinion. I really don't think their show is going to sell out. I'm rolling the dice here and plan on getting tix the day of the show. Bad idea?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,395
    I'm going to the show at the Greek Theatre in L.A. tonight.

We got free tix, but I see that they just released pit seats.....so tempting to upgrade, but $120 for the pair....gotta show some restraint!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    new album out next year around may so says jim james :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    To my peeps going to the Philly show, I need your opinion. I really don't think their show is going to sell out. I'm rolling the dice here and plan on getting tix the day of the show. Bad idea?

Tough to say I bought mine as soon as they announced the show. Surprised it still hasn't sold out, kinda a small venue outside (saw Black Keys earlier there). I would say better be safe than sorry.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Tough to say I bought mine as soon as they announced the show. Surprised it still hasn't sold out, kinda a small venue outside (saw Black Keys earlier there). I would say better be safe than sorry.

Yeah, and that Black Keys show didn't sell out either. I don't wanna jinx myself, but I think there'll be tix the day-of.....hopefully.
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Fresh off the Chicago show from last night, and good god, this band fuckin rules! Rocked so hard. I really wanted to hear The Way That He Sings (that song has somehow eluded me for the past 5 years), but I wasn't sure they'd play it cuz it hasn't been on setlists this tour. Well, after a little tease of Rollin Back, they fuckin opened with the way he sings! From then on out, I was on another level. These guys take you on an intense ride, so amazing. They threw in the jam of Lay Low to end the first set, man it was crazy. Also got some rarities in Easy Morning Rebel, Masterplan, Bermuda Highway. Carried Away owned too.

I think there's little doubt I will be in NYC for that week in Oct...
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    4th row left center 10 days from today. getting antsy. on day 3 of a strict "at dawn" diet.
  • IwasBit10 wrote:
    Fresh off the Chicago show from last night, and good god, this band fuckin rules! Rocked so hard. I really wanted to hear The Way That He Sings (that song has somehow eluded me for the past 5 years), but I wasn't sure they'd play it cuz it hasn't been on setlists this tour. Well, after a little tease of Rollin Back, they fuckin opened with the way he sings! From then on out, I was on another level. These guys take you on an intense ride, so amazing. They threw in the jam of Lay Low to end the first set, man it was crazy. Also got some rarities in Easy Morning Rebel, Masterplan, Bermuda Highway. Carried Away owned too.

Awesome. Seeing them Saturday and Wednesday. We're gonna need some sort of 10c roll call for the NYC shows in a few months. Would be great meeting up for a beer with you guys before/after the show.
  • IwasBit10 wrote:

saw the setlist...going on wednesday the 25th :D
    cant wait
    hoping for some masterplan....but from what i can tell, its a rarity
    u got a good show!!
    No way i have the funds to get me to and thru NYC...will be envying you guys on Z night for sure
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• saw the setlist...going on wednesday the 25th :D cant wait
    :D:D:D :?
  • saw the setlist...going on wednesday the 25th :D cant wait
    :D:D:D :?

dont b scared fenway...i dont bite 8-)

hey, i heard that the mountain park venue gave the flaming lips fans a hard time....no tailgating in the parking lot, hardcore searches...r u worried about that? should i be worried?? you know i have a pre-planned illness so i can get the most out of my tailgating experience....am i gonna have to tailgate at a local mcdonalds?? im to broke to be drinking at a bar....whats the deal with this place...anyone??

is twisted thoughts gonna haveta smack a bitch :?: :twisted:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• hey, i heard that the mountain park venue gave the flaming lips fans a hard time....no tailgating in the parking lot, hardcore searches...r u worried about that? should i be worried?? you know i have a pre-planned illness so i can get the most out of my tailgating experience....am i gonna have to tailgate at a local mcdonalds?? im to broke to be drinking at a bar....whats the deal with this place...anyone??

is twisted thoughts gonna haveta smack a bitch :?: :twisted:
    twisted thoughts might have to smack a bitch or two. It might end up coming to that. As far as the Lips show goes, I have no idea their new policies. Like I said before, we had no problem last year at the Decemberists. Im sure as long as we're discreet, all will be fine.
  • as long as we're discreet, all will be fine.

i will set off the fireworks and smoke my joint as discreetly as possible :lol:

• Also, for those going to the Philly show, you guys saw that the kid from Dr. Dog is opening? It was just announced yesterday. We get Grace Potter, but the kid from Dr. Dog is better I think.
  • So I'm all out MMJ right now. Listened to Tennessee Fire and At Dawn, on to It Still Moves, Z and Evil Urges this afternoon.

Anybody hear the Carl Broemel solo album yet?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,419
    saw them at outside lands on the 14th and they were fantastic-as usual
    psyched for philly and NYC