Options

My Morning Jacket

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    Flew in this morning. Had a great breakfast, picked up some edibles and now I'm resting up for a bit before heading to RR. So pumped!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

The Fixer said:

Nothing better than waking up knowing youre hours away from an epic experience

The fixer will be front row center tonight. First time at red rocks and i cannot wait. Weather is perfect...tonight is gonna be insane

Good luck out there! I'll be streaming. This is something I have no idea why PJ hasn't adopted. They may have pioneered boots but I downloaded both Phish shows I went to when I got home tha night with lossless quality free with my ticket stub and will stream their shows in HD this weekend.

Cmon PJ.... You have been far surpassed.
    Def surpassed. Chris robinson brotherhood gets their shows online quickly as well

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

The Fixer said:

The fixer will be front row center tonight. First time at red rocks and i cannot wait. Weather is perfect...tonight is gonna be insane

I will be watching!! Have a great time tonight.

Beer in hand at 7pm pacific time Start it up around 4ish lol
    Thanks dude

I will be the handsome blond haired dude with a phillies style pearl jam shirt on

Its bad ass to know that people all over the world will be watching this show live. Cheers everyone!
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,798
    edited August 2015
    The Fixer said:

RobbyD462 said:

The Fixer said:

I will be watching!! Have a great time tonight.

Beer in hand at 7pm pacific time Start it up around 4ish lol
    Thanks dude

I will be the handsome blond haired dude with a phillies style pearl jam shirt on

Its bad ass to know that people all over the world will be watching this show live. Cheers everyone!
    Eyes on you bud!
    Going to be great hope Tenclub management see this so we can have P J webcasts ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    Hail hail to the lucky ones at Red Rocks...hope it's incredible. Looking forward to riding the wave w you via stream
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,227
    was tempted to buy the stream but knew i was gonna go to bed early. It started at like 11 est. not sure when it ended.

Wordless Chorus
    Compound Fracture
    Off the Record
    Circuital
    Believe (Nobody Knows)
    Bermuda Highway
    I'm Amazed
    Evil Urges
    Dondante
    Lay Low
    (end of)
    At Dawn
    In Its Infancy (The Waterfall)
    Gideon
    Tropics (Erase Traces)
    I Think I'm Going to Hell
    Spring (Among The Living)
    Anytime
    Steam Engine
    Only Memories Remain
    Steam Engine
    Phone Went West
    Mahgeetah

Encore:
    Wonderful (The Way I Feel) (with Brandi Carlile)
    Victory Dance
    Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 1
    Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2
    Highly Suspicious
    Run Thru
    One Big Holiday
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    Holy smokes these guys are good!!! Last night watched about 2/3's of the show til my eyes got leaden then just finished watching the rest this morning. What a venue, what a show. Glad for all who were there to witness it live in person and looking forward to listening to it again on mp3.
  • Options
    Red rocks lived up to the hype and then some. Def the best concert venue ive been to. Last night was an incredible experience. Wish they were playing again tonight
  • Options
    Great show last night!
    Probably watch it again today lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    edited August 2015
    Red Rocks setlist looks amazing. Def hope they release this show. Other setlist are looking awesome as well. I'm so pumped for the 4 nights at the beacon theater in November
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Does anyone have a picture of the poster or t-shirt from last night? What a show by the way
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I've been re-watching the show all day. Amazing !

And what's up with the mixing up of songs ? Dondante into lay low jam etc ? Beginning of one song, then full other song, then end of first song... Is this a new thing ? I don't know, but I like it ! And also in stl, they went right from the outro of O is the one, straight to when what a wonderful man kicks in. It was pretty sweet.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    edited August 2015
    Was at Red Rocks last night with some GREAT friends including Dave (Derbydave) and all I can say is wow, these guys are amazing. Dave and I road tripped and went to both the KC and Red Rocks shows. It's impossible to find a band out there who are playing like these guys are. What an absolutely insane show- one of the best shows I've ever been to. The crowd was phenomenal as well.

Every single song was extended, and there was no stop in the music. The end of one song transitioned into the next one with no stop and was an onslaught of musical perfection. Steam Engine transitioning into Only Memories back to the end of Steam Engine is mind blowing. The closing Run Thru and One Bog Holiday just brought the house down.

Red Rocks - wow, what an amazing venue. My first time there and it was like being in another world.

The show lived up to the hype and then some. This one is right up there with PJ20 and Moline as one of the greatest ones I've been to. An absolutely amazing road trip and experience with great friends.
    Post edited by YLed2 on
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    First time at RR and it was a great night. I could of used more deep cuts but the band was tighter than I've seen them in the 12 years I've been following them.

I was able to get a foil version of the poster. My 2nd Reno of the tour.

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    Can't wait for the RR boot
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Any picture of the shirt?
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    I want to go back in time to Friday at RR. What an incredible weekend and amazing band.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    edited August 2015
    RR webcast was incredible!
    Really looking forward to October.
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on

• Options

Any picture of the shirt?

Same image as the poster
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited August 2015
    YLed2 said:

Was at Red Rocks last night with some GREAT friends including Dave (Derbydave) and all I can say is wow, these guys are amazing. Dave and I road tripped and went to both the KC and Red Rocks shows. It's impossible to find a band out there who are playing like these guys are. What an absolutely insane show- one of the best shows I've ever been to. The crowd was phenomenal as well.

Every single song was extended, and there was no stop in the music. The end of one song transitioned into the next one with no stop and was an onslaught of musical perfection. Steam Engine transitioning into Only Memories back to the end of Steam Engine is mind blowing. The closing Run Thru and One Bog Holiday just brought the house down.

Red Rocks - wow, what an amazing venue. My first time there and it was like being in another world.

The show lived up to the hype and then some. This one is right up there with PJ20 and Moline as one of the greatest ones I've been to. An absolutely amazing road trip and experience with great friends.

As my GREAT FRIEND & PJ brother YLed2 mentioned in his post,
    the show at Red Rocks was just INCREDIBLE!!
    We began planning this trip (we also did the 2 shows in Minneapolis back in June together) when the shows were announced, and decided to go for the back-to-back shows in Kansas City and Denver.
    This would definitely be a roadtrip to remember!!

Kansas City was a really GREAT show...

the venue was nice and we had pretty decent Roll Call seats on Jim's side!

The highlight of this show for me was the Steam Engine / Only Memories Remain back into Steam Engine and segue into Phone Went West...
    this was the first time I heard this "FLOW" and it really was something to remember!

After the show at Red Rocks, Brandon & I realized that MMJ really did use Kansas City as their "warm-up" show for Red Rocks, because a lot of the "flow" in the setlist carried over to the next show and the band did seem to be a little more reserved in Kansas City, as if they were saving up some MAJOR energy for Red Rocks...

and did they EVER deliver!!

We knew going in that we would be super-stoked after the KC show...
    and we were already excited for the road trip to Denver the next day,
    so we had planned all along to just hit the road right after the KC show
    and get a few hours of driving in that night!
    After a LONG drive through Kansas...
    and sitting in Denver traffic for a LONG time...
    we finally made it to Red Rocks around 5:30.
    After a hike down the "Will Call Trail" to pick up our Roll Call tickets,
    we tailgated in the parking lot for a couple of hours with a group of Pearl Jam fans from NYC!!

We ended up partying in the parking lot too long and missed the poster,
    but we had reserved seats and I didn't want to feel rushed for this show...
    I was there for the "experience" and was just happy to be In The Building!!! ;)
    The venue itself was just AMAZING and so much more than I had imagined.

You really can't even see the amphitheater until you get off of the steel walkways attached to the rocks that lead you into the venue, and once you are inside the theatre...
    you realize what a SPECIAL place this is!!

I'm a professional photographer and the hardest thing for me to do is NOT take pictures...
    BUT this "event" really was a dream come true for me,
    so I decide to put my camera down,
    and only took these 2 pictures during the whole show:

The Wordless Chorus opener was just perfect for the evening and Circuital, At Dawn, Tropics and Victory Dance were among the best performances for me.
    The highlights of this show for me would have to be the whole Steam Engine thru Mahgeetah closing to the main set...
    live music at it's absolute no holds barred BEST!!
    Speaking of NO HOLDS BARRED...
    EVERYONE knew going in that they would be closing with "One Big Holiday" that night,
    and that this was going to be UNBELIEVEABLE,
    but I had no idea they would take it the level they did!!!
    Highly Suspicious (Peanut Butter Pudding Surprise) ;) is probably my least favorite MMJ song,
    but I absolutely loved the performance of this song...
    and then going into Run Thru right before the OBH closer,
    was really a genius move.
    JIM JAMES is truly a ROCK GOD!!

We drove back to Des Moines on Saturday and after a fun cookout with more brews,
    we were able to watch the last two airings of the webcast on TourGigs.com...
    and I can't wait to get the sound board recording of this show on my iPod!

This show really did live up to, and even exceeded my expectations!!!
    It was my 9th show on "The Waterfall" tour and to see My Morning Jacket at Red Rocks, along with the roadtrip with one of my GREATEST FRIENDS made this whole adventure an experience that will be with me FOREVER!!!
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    I love having a place close to Red Rocks. Atmosphere in the lot & inside are 2nd to none. It certainly helps that marajuana is legal in the state, lol. MMJ seems to enjoy playing there, that's for sure. 3 hours performances each time, gotta love it!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Anyone else see McLovin at the show? He was 3-4 rows behind me...dude was rocking out big time. Man, Friday was incredible.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    derbydave said:

YLed2 said:

As my GREAT FRIEND & PJ brother YLed2 mentioned in his post,
    the show at Red Rocks was just INCREDIBLE!!
    We began planning this trip (we also did the 2 shows in Minneapolis back in June together) when the shows were announced, and decided to go for the back-to-back shows in Kansas City and Denver.
    This would definitely be a roadtrip to remember!!

Kansas City was a really GREAT show...

the venue was nice and we had pretty decent Roll Call seats on Jim's side!

The highlight of this show for me was the Steam Engine / Only Memories Remain back into Steam Engine and segue into Phone Went West...
    this was the first time I heard this "FLOW" and it really was something to remember!

After the show at Red Rocks, Brandon & I realized that MMJ really did use Kansas City as their "warm-up" show for Red Rocks, because a lot of the "flow" in the setlist carried over to the next show and the band did seem to be a little more reserved in Kansas City, as if they were saving up some MAJOR energy for Red Rocks...

and did they EVER deliver!!

We knew going in that we would be super-stoked after the KC show...
    and we were already excited for the road trip to Denver the next day,
    so we had planned all along to just hit the road right after the KC show
    and get a few hours of driving in that night!
    After a LONG drive through Kansas...
    and sitting in Denver traffic for a LONG time...
    we finally made it to Red Rocks around 5:30.
    After a hike down the "Will Call Trail" to pick up our Roll Call tickets,
    we tailgated in the parking lot for a couple of hours with a group of Pearl Jam fans from NYC!!

We ended up partying in the parking lot too long and missed the poster,
    but we had reserved seats and I didn't want to feel rushed for this show...
    I was there for the "experience" and was just happy to be In The Building!!! ;)
    The venue itself was just AMAZING and so much more than I had imagined.

You really can't even see the amphitheater until you get off of the steel walkways attached to the rocks that lead you into the venue, and once you are inside the theatre...
    you realize what a SPECIAL place this is!!

I'm a professional photographer and the hardest thing for me to do is NOT take pictures...
    BUT this "event" really was a dream come true for me,
    so I decide to put my camera down,
    and only took these 2 pictures during the whole show:

The Wordless Chorus opener was just perfect for the evening and Circuital, At Dawn, Tropics and Victory Dance were among the best performances for me.
    The highlights of this show for me would have to be the whole Steam Engine thru Mahgeetah closing to the main set...
    live music at it's absolute no holds barred BEST!!
    Speaking of NO HOLDS BARRED...
    EVERYONE knew going in that they would be closing with "One Big Holiday" that night,
    and that this was going to be UNBELIEVEABLE,
    but I had no idea they would take it the level they did!!!
    Highly Suspicious (Peanut Butter Pudding Surprise) ;) is probably my least favorite MMJ song,
    but I absolutely loved the performance of this song...
    and then going into Run Thru right before the OBH closer,
    was really a genius move.
    JIM JAMES is truly a ROCK GOD!!

We drove back to Des Moines on Saturday and after a fun cookout with more brews,
    we were able to watch the last two airings of the webcast on TourGigs.com...
    and I can't wait to get the sound board recording of this show on my iPod!

This show really did live up to, and even exceeded my expectations!!!
    It was my 9th show on "The Waterfall" tour and to see My Morning Jacket at Red Rocks, along with the roadtrip with one of my GREATEST FRIENDS made this whole adventure an experience that will be with me FOREVER!!!

Dave,
    Sounds like it lived up to expectations.....
    I agree with you on "Highly Suspicious"
    don't care for the studio cut, but the live version IS really killer...
    got to hear it for the first time this year.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    I love Highly Suspicious - makes me laugh
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

I love Highly Suspicious - makes me laugh

My least favourite song by them

• Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Its bad ass live. I can live without the studio version
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Sweet pics, Dave. Red Rocks rocks!! Glad you guys finally got to experience it! :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    For anybody that missed out on the poster, Red Rocks posters should go on sale from the artist at 12pm Eastern on Tuesday, 8/18.

http://clintonreno.com/blog/
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    kasedoug said:

For anybody that missed out on the poster, Red Rocks posters should go on sale from the artist at 12pm Eastern on Tuesday, 8/18.

http://clintonreno.com/blog/

Thanks for the "Heads Up" KC....
    Got 'em :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    okblueduckokblueduck Posts: 427
    Was at Red Rocks show. My first time there and holy shit wasn't that the best concert ever! I had a total blast - beautiful venue, great sound and amazing music coming from those guys.. I thought I was going to have a stroke of happiness during I Think I'm Going to Hell and that switcheraoo from Steam Engine to Only Memories Remain and back again - - I totally don't get that people are ragging on that.... it was incredible!

also I'm in the parking lot pic above in the thread- can't wait til Friday to hear the boot and relive the magic...

one last thing - my buddy and I got there way early and scored the foil poster which looks awesome but even cooler/personal is that the day before we went up into the park to hike and actually saw a fox up on a ledge! not with a wizard or anything but it was pretty awesome!
    Fenway 1 & 2 2016
    MSG 1 & 2 2016
    Central Park 2015
    Barclays 2, Seattle 2013
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Boston 1 & 2 2006
    Boston 1 2004
    Augusta 1996