reading for comprehension

edited April 2010 in The Porch
look it up ;)
"No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• holy crap. see my "Xmas singles needed" in my signature. maybe we can work out a deal.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • can't see your signature....PM me

Thanks! :)
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    PM sent
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    pm'd
  • boxorbagboxorbag Posts: 246
    I sent a PM for the Soldier Field. Man I have been trying to get this for ever. Hope we can work it out.
  • pearljim10pearljim10 Posts: 404
    pm sent
    The plural of VINYL is VINYL. slh

1996 - Randalls Island 9/28 9/29, Buffalo 10/1
    1998 - Camden 8/28 8/29, East Rutherford 9/8, MSG 9/10, Hartford 9/13
    2000 - Letterman 4/12, Jones Beach 8/23 8/24 8/25, Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2003 - Long Island 4/30, Phoenix 6/7, MSG 7/8 7/9
    2006 - San Diego 7/7
    2009 - Philly IV 10/31
    2010 - MSG 5/20 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 Movie 9/23
    2012 - EV Phoenix 4/13
    2013 - Phoenix 11/19
    2016 - Telluride 7/10
    2018 - Boston/Fenway 9/4
    2019 - EV Tempe Innings Festival 3/3
  • :o

you're gonna sell the binaural you bought from me!? maybe i'll buy it back from you.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • :o

you're gonna sell the binaural you bought from me!? maybe i'll buy it back from you.

No, man...I'm selling another copy I picked up two months ago.....
  • edited April 2010
    Alright...what a dumb-ass I am....I step away to do some work for half an hour and thirty PM's...oy, vey....

I'm just gonna list what I want for each record....the price will include USPS Priority shipping with tracking

IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE USA SHIPPING WILL BE WHATEVER IT IS PLUS $11.50 USD...I MUST SHIP THE RECORDS REGISTERED AIRMAIL AND YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN FOR THEM...I'm sorry, but the shipping is expensive to Europe, Australia, etcetera.....And I am not shouting with the bopld caps, i just want to be perfectly clear

ALSO, I am willing negotiate any offers

TEN re-issue (reg version) $20
    TEN REDUX $30
    Vs. Original $25
    Blue-Green numbered Vs. $45
    No Code $95
    Vitalogy $50
    LOTL $150
    RVM $200
    TEN Basketball $65
    Binaural $200
    LOST DOGS $250
    Avocado $200
    Mirrorball $125
    Mad Season Above $150
    Temple of the Dog Purple $65
    Riot Act $150
    YIELD $100
    Drop in the Park $95
    SOLDIER FIELD I might have to keep......which means make an offer...(I know, I know...)
    Post edited by Snoopy Died For Our Sins on
  • I think the Temple of the Dog Purple vinyl is fake, or am I wrong?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    sorry snoopy but u can find all those record cheaper in ebay...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    sorry snoopy but u can find all those record cheaper in ebay...

that's what i was thinking as well. but...good luck with your sale! ;) you're selling a couple that i need/want, but i can't shell out that kind of cash-o-la.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Alright...what a dumb-ass I am....I step away to do some work for half an hour and thirty PM's...oy, vey....

I'm just gonna list what I want for each record....the price will include USPS Priority shipping with tracking

IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE USA SHIPPING WILL BE WHATEVER IT IS PLUS $11.50 USD...I MUST SHIP THE RECORDS REGISTERED AIRMAIL AND YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN FOR THEM...I'm sorry, but the shipping is expensive to Europe, Australia, etcetera.....And I am not shouting with the bopld caps, i just want to be perfectly clear

TEN REDUX $30
    Vs. Original $25
    No Code $95
    Vitalogy $50
    LOTL $150
    RVM $200
    TEN Basketball $65
    Binaural $200
    LOST DOGS $250
    Avocado $200
    Mirrorball $125
    Mad Season Above $150
    Riot Act $150
    YIELD $100
    Drop in the Park $95
    SOLDIER FIELD I might have to keep......which means make an offer...(I know, I know...)
    COME ON MAN THOSE PRICES ARE SO INFLATED, EVEN EBAY CAN BEAT THEM. I'll give you 175 for soldier field, 45 for temple, and 30 for colored VS. That's 250 for three vinyls, does that seem fair?
  • edited April 2010
    Post edited by Snoopy Died For Our Sins on
  • 5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    Your a total douche for posting such high prices on here. $100 for Avacado LOL :lol::lol: Take your shit to ebay :evil: :evil:
    This too shall pass.....
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    5against1- wrote:
    Your a total douche for posting such high prices on here. $100 for Avacado LOL :lol::lol: Take your shit to ebay :evil: :evil:

actually - he has it on his list for $200 smackeroos
  • enrique_hrenrique_hr Posts: 249
    Ive been looking for the Vs. Lp for a while. Your asking 25.
    Stop throwing the man quarters!

EV 07-6-2011, LA1 11/23/2013, LA2 11/24/2013
    TEN REDUX $30
    Vs. Original $25
    No Code $95
    Vitalogy $50
    LOTL $150
    RVM $200
    TEN Basketball $65
    Binaural $200
    LOST DOGS $250
    Avocado $200
    Mirrorball $125
    Mad Season Above $150
    Riot Act $150
    YIELD $100
    Drop in the Park $95
    SOLDIER FIELD I might have to keep......which means make an offer...(I know, I know...)[/b]
    [/b]

I have almost all of these vinyls, these are the prices I paid for them and I bought a majority of them off ebay
    TEN re-issue (reg version) $20 bought from 10c
    TEN REDUX $30 bought from 10c
    Vs. Original $25 paid 25
    No Code $95 paid 70
    Vitalogy $50 paid 30
    LOTL $150 paid 110
    RVM $200 paid 135
    TEN Basketball $65
    Binaural $200 paid 85
    LOST DOGS $250 paid 125
    Avocado $200 paid 85
    Mirrorball $125 paid 45
    Mad Season Above $150 paid 35
    Riot Act $150 paid 65
    YIELD $100 paid 50
    Drop in the Park $95 bought trough 10c

I'm not trying to be a dick by ripping your prices apart. I've never done this to someone before. But these prices are so over inflated it is outrageous. People sell their stuff to other 10c members as a favor and to get and give people a discount. For these prices you wouldn't even be able to sell them on ebay. You gotta either come down on these prices or just post em on ebay, because they are pretty ridiculous. And just as a side note, every vinyl I bought off ebay was sealed. This is the reason that I haven't been able to ever work out something with someone on the 10c forum, because you guys are just as bad if not worse than people on ebay. Its a shame. Luckily after buying my first PJ vinyl years ago the guy who sold it to me was a long time 10c member and needed cash so he sold me a lot of PJ vinyls at a fair/market price. Not these outrageous prices. Sorry man, but this is not a cool thing in my book.
    I think the Temple of the Dog Purple vinyl is fake, or am I wrong?
    its a reissue, like a restamping. It is not a first edition and I don't think it is an offical thing. Pretty sure it was stamped in europe in the last few years. Actually worth less than the original. And the original sells for around 45-50...ridiculous asking price.
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Why do you care if his prices are high? If you aren't interested just move along. No need for negativity. It's really none of your business what someone wants to sell stuff for.
  • Why do you care if his prices are high? If you aren't interested just move along. No need for negativity. It's really none of your business what someone wants to sell stuff for.

I don't get it either. He can ask what he wants to ask, and shouldn't have to worry about being called names. If ebay's cheaper, GO TO EBAY THEN. :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Why do you care if his prices are high? If you aren't interested just move along. No need for negativity. It's really none of your business what someone wants to sell stuff for.
    because his prices are out of control. I consider everyone on the message pit a friend or a friendly person. If I came on hee to sell something I would give legit prices and not try and rip people off. If you want to rip people off dont sell things here. Mostly everything I see sold here has a very low asking proce or an appropraite one. That's why.

and if you dont like what i have to say why comment, why not just move on?
  • Why do you care if his prices are high? If you aren't interested just move along. No need for negativity. It's really none of your business what someone wants to sell stuff for.
    because his prices are out of control. I consider everyone on the message pit a friend or a friendly person. If I came on hee to sell something I would give legit prices and not try and rip people off. If you want to rip people off dont sell things here. Mostly everything I see sold here has a very low asking proce or an appropraite one. That's why.

maybe his vinyls are worth more to him than you are willing to pay for. so what?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    TEN REDUX $30
    Vs. Original $25
    No Code $95
    Vitalogy $50
    LOTL $150
    RVM $200
    TEN Basketball $65
    Binaural $200
    LOST DOGS $250
    Avocado $200
    Mirrorball $125
    Mad Season Above $150
    Riot Act $150
    YIELD $100
    Drop in the Park $95
    SOLDIER FIELD I might have to keep......which means make an offer...(I know, I know...)[/b]
    [/b]

I'm not trying to be a dick by ripping your prices apart. I've never done this to someone before. But these prices are so over inflated it is outrageous. People sell their stuff to other 10c members as a favor and to get and give people a discount. For these prices you wouldn't even be able to sell them on ebay. You gotta either come down on these prices or just post em on ebay, because they are pretty ridiculous. And just as a side note, every vinyl I bought off ebay was sealed. This is the reason that I haven't been able to ever work out something with someone on the 10c forum, because you guys are just as bad if not worse than people on ebay. Its a shame. Luckily after buying my first PJ vinyl years ago the guy who sold it to me was a long time 10c member and needed cash so he sold me a lot of PJ vinyls at a fair/market price. Not these outrageous prices. Sorry man, but this is not a cool thing in my book.

not to mention someone can sell their goods here and avoid ebay fees (15-20%, maybe more?) so at the least, one can figure what the items are "worth" on ebay, and discount at least 15% on sales using the message pit - that percentage is gone either way you look at it. This is my opinion on prices people ask on the pit - of course, no one HAS to buy if the prices suck.

maybe his vinyls are worth more to him than you are willing to pay for. so what?

not to mention shipping is FREE in the US. Shipping ain't cheap these days for vinyl, especially if you do it right.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited April 2010

This is the reason that I haven't been able to ever work out something with someone on the 10c forum, because you guys are just as bad if not worse than people on ebay. Its a shame.
    sorry,this isnt true, i bought from Arc alot of pj vinyls half price than ebay,even shipping cost was low too.and fast as hell..+ he put extra goodies too..not all member here are the same...
    i respect from the other hand someone owns something and wanna sell it in the price he like...but reeally this prices are too high...200$ avocado??
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

if thats the case than dont sell them, keep them, there is a market price for everything sold in the world. and these prices are much higher than market price.

Also, I didn't call anyone names, so don't put that on me. I am simply discussing two topics I love. Pearl Jam and vinyls. Nothing more nothing less. I'm not getting heated over here. I am just stating my opinion and what I have done previously. This is a message board....therefore this is the place to discuss things like this. And if someone is willing to list the prices of thigns he wants to sell he should be prepared to hear feedback.

This is the reason that I haven't been able to ever work out something with someone on the 10c forum, because you guys are just as bad if not worse than people on ebay. Its a shame.
    sorry,this isnt true, i bought from Arg alot of pj vinyls half price than ebay,even shipping cost was low too.and fast as hell..+ he put extra goodies too..not all member here are the same...
    i respect from the other hand someone owns something and wanna sell it in the price he like...but reeally this prices are too high...200$ avocado??
    all right that was a little unfair to say because i have seen really good prices on really sweet items. i just have never really seen a really good price on an item that i wanted

• maybe his vinyls are worth more to him than you are willing to pay for. so what?
    if thats the case than dont sell them, keep them, there is a market price for everything sold in the world. and these prices are much higher than market price.

Also, I didn't call anyone names, so don't put that on me. I am simply discussing two topics I love. Pearl Jam and vinyls. Nothing more nothing less. I'm not getting heated over here. I am just stating my opinion and what I have done previously. This is a message board....therefore this is the place to discuss things like this. And if someone is willing to list the prices of thigns he wants to sell he should be prepared to hear feedback.

I didn't put that on you. It was a general statement. The point is I have never understood why people have to jump on someone for how/what they want to sell on here. If you don't like it, move on. To me it's that simple. He's not trying to rip anyone off. If people are going to blindly buy vinyl on here (or anywhere) without researching it first, well, that's pretty naive.

And who are you to tell someone they can't sell something? Geez. :roll:

Discussion is one thing; ripping into someone is another entirely.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014

• This is the reason that I haven't been able to ever work out something with someone on the 10c forum, because you guys are just as bad if not worse than people on ebay. Its a shame.
    sorry,this isnt true, i bought from Arg alot of pj vinyls half price than ebay,even shipping cost was low too.and fast as hell..+ he put extra goodies too..not all member here are the same...
    all right that was a little unfair to say because i have seen really good prices on really sweet items. i just have never really seen a really good price on an item that i wanted

I have, and I have bought a few pretty recently.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014