So......just one show in Boston hmmmm?!?!

Comments

• BlahBlah Posts: 469

ITS ALL GOOD BUT FORGET ABOUT AN IRVING PLAZA / VIC SHOW IN BOSTON

why is that? Boston is more of a Pearl Jam town than most....i could definitely see something happen like that here. 8-)

~ Not true, the ticket sales proved that. They should and will do a fan club only show in a very intimate venue in Hawaii though. With only his Hawaiian fans aloud to attend. We all know Eddie loves Hawaii far more than everywhere else. ~ :D
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

ITS ALL GOOD BUT FORGET ABOUT AN IRVING PLAZA / VIC SHOW IN BOSTON

why is that? Boston is more of a Pearl Jam town than most....i could definitely see something happen like that here. 8-)

~ Not true, the ticket sales proved that. They should and will do a fan club only show in a very intimate venue in Hawaii though. With only his Hawaiian fans aloud to attend. We all know Eddie loves Hawaii far more than everywhere else. ~ :D

LIKE THE BACKYARD WITH SLATER IN 06??

cant get more intimate than that
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ~ Not true, the ticket sales proved that. They should and will do a fan club only show in a very intimate venue in Hawaii though. With only his Hawaiian fans aloud to attend. We all know Eddie loves Hawaii far more than everywhere else. ~ :D

he likes Hawaii for different reasons...he can't surf in Boston...but when it comes to Rock N Roll or history....we beat the shit out of Hawaii...it's not even a contest. :mrgreen:
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742

he likes Hawaii for different reasons...he can't surf in Boston...but when it comes to Rock N Roll or history....we beat the shit out of Hawaii...it's not even a contest. :mrgreen:
    Anyone who thinks the east coast can keep up with Hawaii in terms of most anyone wanting to be there... there's no chance. Hawaii is absolutely amazing... Rock and Roll history can't bridge that gap. :)

The only thing that would keep PJ from Hawaii is the cost of getting everything there and the fact that probably could only do 1, maybe two shows there.
  • drsluggo wrote:
    The only thing that would keep PJ from Hawaii is the cost of getting everything there and the fact that probably could only do 1, maybe two shows there.

that and all the ice heads...they are worse than crack heads...yup...Hawaii's dirty little secret that they don't want tourists to know about.
    drsluggo wrote:

that and all the ice heads...they are worse than crack heads...yup...Hawaii's dirty little secret that they don't want tourists to know about.
    Yeah, but you dont see that unless you look for it. I can't say the same for ANY large city here... ;)
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I am still hopeful for another Boston show, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't happen.

I think that if only one show is played in Boston it will be one of the best, if not the best, shows of the tour. They might be more prone to break curfew, or do something special, for all the Pearl Jam fans in the Garden that night. I have mentioned before in threads that Boston will be very memorable because of Howard Zinn's recent passing, and if one show is all we get then I am confident that they will blow everyone's mind.

I will be seeing my 9th show on 5/17 and my 10th would be 5/18, but taking some time to think about it I would rather have one amazing memorable show than two average/above average shows.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    For the record I would still bet money a second show happens. I think for some reason they are comfortable waiting on the Garden for that 2nd show to open, and if not have a backup plan for something else whether its a smaller venue or what.

The thing is - when they made that TBD we ALL knew there was no way we would know about the playoff schedules until end of March/Early May which is why it seemed so goofy at the time. Nothing has really changed - its just gotten a lot closer. They have to have something planned as a backup they feel they can pull off with short notice, I would think.
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    I'm still holding out hope for another show. Think about it, PJ always "err's on the side of caution". Why would they dangle the carrot of 5/18 and then do nothing? It's not their "modus operandi". Some details probably still need to be worked out completely, but I think there will be a PJ show somewhere close to Boston that night.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Newark, NJ?!!?!?!..are you fucking serious?!?!..it's like a bad joke or something!!
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Newark, NJ?!!?!?!..are you fucking serious?!?!..it's like a bad joke or something!!
    You're coming to Newark, Erik right? I'm already trying to make this happen for me.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Newark, NJ?!!?!?!..are you fucking serious?!?!..it's like a bad joke or something!!
    You're coming to Newark, Erik right? I'm already trying to make this happen for me.

i'm gonna try and do Buffalo instead....i'm allergic to NJ!! :mrgreen:
    Newark, NJ?!!?!?!..are you fucking serious?!?!..it's like a bad joke or something!!

i'm gonna try and do Buffalo instead....i'm allergic to NJ!! :mrgreen:
    Really? I may try to hitch a ride with you up to Buffalo then. Now I'm torn. Who you goin to Buffalo with?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Really? I may try to hitch a ride with you up to Buffalo then. Now I'm torn. Who you goin to Buffalo with?

well if Boston Lou still has his extra i was gonna go with him...it's like $135 round trip on Jet blue out of Logan....leaving Monday morning coming back Tuesday morning.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,834
    beautiful arena just minutes from NYC
    perfect

and I say perhaps a letterman performance on the 19th
    NY residency baby!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Get_Right wrote:
    beautiful arena just minutes from NYC
    perfect

and I say perhaps a letterman performance on the 19th
    NY residency baby!

:)))

its sooo great all the local hockey and basketball teams suck!!!!!!!!! :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,834

:)))

its sooo great all the local hockey and basketball teams suck!!!!!!!!! :lol:
    there are enough places to accommodate PJ anyway!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    sorry Boston didnt take 2nd show...is it a long trip for travel?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    JimmyV wrote:
    Never thought I'd say the following words...

THANK GOD FOR HARTFORD!!!
    +1
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Please put all Bostonians on suicide watch.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    And the Red Sox are 5-9 with 2/3rds of our outfield on the DL!
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    This just means Boston will be that much crazier! Here's to playing until midnight!!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • SOLAT319 wrote:

it's not myself i'd hurt.......it's others. :mrgreen:

so maybe i should be on homicide watch! ;):mrgreen:
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Go Bruins !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    SOLAT319 wrote:

it's not myself i'd hurt.......it's others. :mrgreen:

so maybe i should be on homicide watch! ;):mrgreen:
    ...if u need an accident scene,let me know.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Go Bruins !

LET'S GO RANG........oops....sorry...maybe next year! :mrgreen::lol:
  • ...if u need an accident scene,let me know.. 8-)

you know it brother! :mrgreen:
  • simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    demetrios wrote:
    For sure! But I guess they wanted the TD. Why not securing a date with Fenway? How many threads here have been talked about playing there? I'll tell ya, if I was running Pearl Jam Co.

I would ask Pearl Jam, psst .. "Guy's, we got a problem. We got 2 options. One, we try & convince the owner of Fenway to play @ their field May 18th. The team will be out @ NY that day. Two, I know it hasn't been done in Pearl Jam history but what about playing a double hitter show? May 17th @ the TD. First show @ 1pm. 2nd show @ 9pm. Think you guy's are able to do this? What say's you?"

i don't think 2 in one day would ever happen...i mean...that's crazy! maybe if the were in their 20s again....but they definitely could of just went to another venue...there are plenty of them to choose from....maybe just a little smaller than TD, but they would of sold out both shows...the Tsongas arena in Lowell is a really nice place and other huge names have played there in the past....plus it's the birth place of jack kerouac...i know Ed is a fan of his work...i could of showed him around. :mrgreen:
    nothing in Lowell is a "really nice place"........ I'm just sayin..
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Or you awesomely great pearl jam fans could just drive two hours to Hartford or four hours to NYC and Newark.
  • Only 1 Boston show = 1 fuckin' EPIC show!! 8-)
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder