So......just one show in Boston hmmmm?!?!

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited April 2010 in The Porch
:cry: WTF?! i never thought i'd see the day!......one show!.....i know the whole playoff shit with the C's & B's and the TD BN Garden, but i still can't believe it.....i think a 10c only show somewhere in Boston on the 18th would only be right...you know damn well if it's a small venue it will sell out in 10 minutes...i'd even like to see it where the 10c only gives tickets to people who live in Mass....the band could do it somehwere close to the garden...like the Orpheum...so they wouldn't have to lug their shit too far...fuck...they could make it an acoustic show and bring even less gear. 8-)

i know i'm pipe dreaming....but it sounds so sweet in my mind, i had to write it down here. :crazy:

(P.S. NY people please don't attempt to rub in my face that they are doing 2 shows in NY or we will have to duke it out! :evil: ;):mrgreen: )
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,689
    Well, at least we got the 1 show, plus Hartford on a Saturday is do-able.

Next tour they'll do 3 nights to make up for it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    :cry: WTF?! i never thought i'd see the day!......one show!.....i know the whole playoff shit with the C's & B's and the TD BN Garden, but i still can't believe it.....i think a 10c only show somewhere in Boston on the 18th would only be right...you know damn well if it's a small venue it will sell out in 10 minutes...i'd even like to see it where the 10c only gives tickets to people who live in Mass....the band could do it somehwere close to the garden...like the Orpheum...so they wouldn't have to lug their shit too far...fuck...they could make it an acoustic show and bring even less gear. 8-)

i know i'm pipe dreaming....but it sounds so sweet in my mind, i had to write it down here. :crazy:

(P.S. NY people please don't attempt to rub in my face that they are doing 2 shows in NY or we will have to duke it out! :evil: ;):mrgreen: )

ITS ALL GOOD BUT FORGET ABOUT AN IRVING PLAZA / VIC SHOW IN BOSTON
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    one show is better than zero shows
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Never thought I'd say the following words...

THANK GOD FOR HARTFORD!!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • LukinFan wrote:

hey...when i say the glass is half fucking empty i don't need you telling me the shit is half full, alright pal!!!! ;):lol::lol:

• ITS ALL GOOD BUT FORGET ABOUT AN IRVING PLAZA / VIC SHOW IN BOSTON

why is that? Boston is more of a Pearl Jam town than most....i could definitely see something happen like that here. 8-)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

ITS ALL GOOD BUT FORGET ABOUT AN IRVING PLAZA / VIC SHOW IN BOSTON

why is that? Boston is more of a Pearl Jam town than most....i could definitely see something happen like that here. 8-)

NAH better off coming to MSG for a 3rd night :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • :cry: WTF?! i never thought i'd see the day!......one show!.....i know the whole playoff shit with the C's & B's and the TD BN Garden, but i still can't believe it.....i think a 10c only show somewhere in Boston on the 18th would only be right...you know damn well if it's a small venue it will sell out in 10 minutes...i'd even like to see it where the 10c only gives tickets to people who live in Mass....the band could do it somehwere close to the garden...like the Orpheum...so they wouldn't have to lug their shit too far...fuck...they could make it an acoustic show and bring even less gear. 8-)

I agree with everything in this thread CRAZY has stated!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Unfortunately, it looks like we just get 1 show this time around. Damn Celtics & Bruins. :cry:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    LukinFan wrote:

hey...when i say the glass is half fucking empty i don't need you telling me the shit is half full, alright pal!!!! ;):lol::lol:
    :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,407
    Unfortunately, it looks like we just get 1 show this time around. Damn Celtics & Bruins. :cry:

You can't blame them. Pearl Jam knew May/June is Playoff Season for Hockey & Basketball fans. I'm kinda surprised they even got Official 2 back to back MSG gigs & a few show's in the East Coast @ those arenas. Imagine, a little miracle, that the NY Knicks & NY Rangers made it to the playoffs? Pearl Jam would of had to play some where's else. I'm shocked that they couldn't secure any other arena/forum/outdoor event in Mass for the TBD show.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,834
    demetrios wrote:
    I'm shocked that they couldn't secure any other arena/forum/outdoor event in Mass for the TBD show.
    perhaps they did
    but since the first one isnt sold out.....................
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    demetrios wrote:

You can't blame them. Pearl Jam knew May/June is Playoff Season for Hockey & Basketball fans. I'm kinda surprised they even got Official 2 back to back MSG gigs & a few show's in the East Coast @ those arenas. Imagine, a little miracle, that the NY Knicks & NY Rangers made it to the playoffs? Pearl Jam would of had to play some where's else. I'm shocked that they couldn't secure any other arena/forum/outdoor event in Mass for the TBD show.

Sorry D. I know your a Bruins fan. :)

They most definitely could have secured another venue in New England for 5/18.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
    demetrios wrote:

The Knicks were basically mathematically eliminated by the time the dates were announced, so the only potential playoff team for MSG was the Rangers, 2 dates can easily be fit in within 1 playoff series, but having to possibly maneuver around hockey and basketball is a bit more treacherous.
    demetrios wrote:

Sorry D. I know your a Bruins fan. :)

They most definitely could have secured another venue in New England for 5/18.

For sure! But I guess they wanted the TD. Why not securing a date with Fenway? How many threads here have been talked about playing there? I'll tell ya, if I was running Pearl Jam Co.

I would ask Pearl Jam, psst .. "Guy's, we got a problem. We got 2 options. One, we try & convince the owner of Fenway to play @ their field May 18th. The team will be out @ NY that day. Two, I know it hasn't been done in Pearl Jam history but what about playing a double hitter show? May 17th @ the TD. First show @ 1pm. 2nd show @ 9pm. Think you guy's are able to do this? What say's you?"
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764

stirrin' up the pot rid morning are you?

If the 10c went so far as to do a ticketing scheme that was only for Mass fans, I, as well as a lot of others would be exetremely pissed. I am travelling 1500 miles each way to get to the shows + have to take time off work + hotels and other travelling expenses.... And you can't even let me come to the 10C only show??? Bullshit.

I know that 10C wouldn't do it anyway, but it is completely absurd and insulting that someone in the Mass area would suggest this.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • demetrios wrote:
    For sure! But I guess they wanted the TD. Why not securing a date with Fenway? How many threads here have been talked about playing there? I'll tell ya, if I was running Pearl Jam Co.

I would ask Pearl Jam, psst .. "Guy's, we got a problem. We got 2 options. One, we try & convince the owner of Fenway to play @ their field May 18th. The team will be out @ NY that day. Two, I know it hasn't been done in Pearl Jam history but what about playing a double hitter show? May 17th @ the TD. First show @ 1pm. 2nd show @ 9pm. Think you guy's are able to do this? What say's you?"

i don't think 2 in one day would ever happen...i mean...that's crazy! maybe if the were in their 20s again....but they definitely could of just went to another venue...there are plenty of them to choose from....maybe just a little smaller than TD, but they would of sold out both shows...the Tsongas arena in Lowell is a really nice place and other huge names have played there in the past....plus it's the birth place of jack kerouac...i know Ed is a fan of his work...i could of showed him around. :mrgreen:
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    They had two dates in 06 with no issues, but I think the tour was announced a lot sooner. Also, I can't remember how the Bruins and Celtics were that year.

It's really a bummer, but as others have said, at least we are getting one show. I just wish we could find out what the fate of the 5/18 date will be. I, as I'm sure many others, have the time off and would cetainly be willing to travel for the show. I just wish management would either say that there's no show (that way, I can look into Hartford) or let us know where it's going to be.
  • Raineman311Raineman311 Posts: 127
    Umm, yeah the Celtics in 2006 were out of the playoffs in the first month of the season, so the Garden was def available for them. Also I am pretty sure the Bruins missed the playoffs that year so, it's just bad luck sports wise for scheduling this season. I for one am excited for PJ and both Boston playoffs going on at the same time :D
  • shep wrote:
    I know that 10C wouldn't do it anyway, but it is completely absurd and insulting that someone in the Mass area would suggest this.

why not? they have done things like this before in the past......i wouldn't be pissed if they did that in Seattle or wherever.....so lighten up Frances...no need to feel insulted....if you're going 1500 miles to see a fucking show then you should feel privileged you are able to do that when many are not!...now i feel insulted!! ;):mrgreen:
    Also I am pretty sure the Bruins missed the playoffs that year so, it's just bad luck sports wise for scheduling this season. I for one am excited for PJ and both Boston playoffs going on at the same time :D

Yep, they didn't make it to the playoffs that year! :( But I to am excited that my Bruins & Pearl Jam are playing the same time. :)
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    The plus side to only one show is that you know the band is gonna leave it all out there for us.
  • the Tsongas arena in Lowell is a really nice place and other huge names have played there in the past....plus it's the birth place of jack kerouac...i know Ed is a fan of his work...i could of showed him around. :mrgreen:

Don't show him around Lowell if you want him to stay long enough to play the show! :lol::lol::lol::D
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • the Tsongas arena in Lowell is a really nice place and other huge names have played there in the past....plus it's the birth place of jack kerouac...i know Ed is a fan of his work...i could of showed him around. :mrgreen:

Don't show him around Lowell if you want him to stay long enough to play the show! :lol::lol::lol::D

dude...Lowell is HUGE...we have like 3 or 4 zip codes....there are parts that are nice ya know...it's not all hood! :mrgreen: ....there are million dollar mansions up on Andover Street!!
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Weird.

My buddy just messaged me and said that he called his friend at TDBank this morning. His buddy said that PJ is still on hold, and that they are "waiting out" the Bruins and Celtics. He said that if either the Celtics or Bruins were losing in their respective series, the show would've been booked already. (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense).

I just can't believe that the band is willing to have only two weeks to sell tix for a 19,000 seat arena, but it appears that they may be doing that.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Weird.

My buddy just messaged me and said that he called his friend at TDBank this morning. His buddy said that PJ is still on hold, and that they are "waiting out" the Bruins and Celtics. He said that if either the Celtics or Bruins were losing in their respective series, the show would've been booked already. (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense).

I just can't believe that the band is willing to have only two weeks to sell tix for a 19,000 seat arena, but it appears that they may be doing that.

As always, thanks for these updates.

TBD is the only reason night 1 hasn't sold out. Given the slow ticket sales in other locales (KC in particular) maybe the thinking is that they can sell more tickets for a second Boston show in two weeks than they can in a month somewhere else.

I'm sure Newark would sell fine, but I do believe the band's preference is and always has been to play two nights in Boston.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • the thing that gets me is usually they don't sell tickets behind the stage for the first show...when they do 2 in Boston they usually only sell behind the stage for the second show....if they had done that this year then the 1st show would be sold out already.

oh well.....i'll be praying for something untill the 18th gets here!
  • I think the only way you will see PJ that night is at the game. Maybe they'll do a halftime show :?
  • the thing that gets me is usually they don't sell tickets behind the stage for the first show...when they do 2 in Boston they usually only sell behind the stage for the second show....if they had done that this year then the 1st show would be sold out already.

In 06 there was seating behind the stage for both nights, but since both shows went on sale at the same time, I don't think that either night had tix behind the stage available until the front-facing seats were sold out.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
    the thing that gets me is usually they don't sell tickets behind the stage for the first show...when they do 2 in Boston they usually only sell behind the stage for the second show....if they had done that this year then the 1st show would be sold out already.

It seemed they didn't sell the rear stage seats from Jump Street, that once it became obvious the Celts and Bruins were both in the playoffs those seats got released, almost in anticipation of not having a 2nd show to sell.