put down your cell phones/cameras and

13»

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Thanks for posting this thread.

thanks for saying thanks. :lol:
    somebody had to say it.........i knew people had opinions on it....it was just ME to bring it up this time.

I'm going to try something new this tour. Instead of getting annoyed when people in front of me block my view for more than a reasonable amount of time...

I'm going to tickle them! A few inches under their pits... really hard....and wiggly, too.

now there's an interesting idea! :mrgreen:
    I fight back when tickled 8-) I'm super ticklish, now that I think about that, its kind of funny. I wonder why some are some aren't? My husband is the kind who pretends he isn't for the first 10 seconds, pretty convincing then he can't stand it. If you just put your hands up in tickle position, I'm off and running.
    I was thinking at the least though if you try that you'd end up with a beverage of choice all over you :)
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    What's the definition of 'rockin the fuck out'. Okay i think its stupid when people film even flow or some shit but for rare stuff then its okay.

People can enjoy shows the way they want though.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Brisk. wrote:
    What's the definition of 'rockin the fuck out'. Okay i think its stupid when people film even flow or some shit but for rare stuff then its okay.

People can enjoy shows the way they want though.
    depence if u see the band for the first time,for sure even flow is rare!!so its normal to film..me on even flow ,i try to catch the butterflies,i dont want to chase them away.. :):mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • This post just made me think, I miss the day when people use to hold up lighters instead of cell phones.

I was just listening to my boot from STL 2000 yesterday and during E.W.B.C.I.S.T Ed has commented, "You really made yourselfs known on that one, the lawn looked like dancing souls". That might not be word for word but it was something to that affect.

I'm getting nostalgic lately and think that technology has ruined some simple pleasures, in this instance holding a lighter up during a beautiful song as opposed to grabbing your digital device.

I'm old school. ;)
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - West Palm Beach, St. Louis, Champaign, Bonner Springs, and East Troy
    2004 - St. Louis, Asheville, and Kissimmee
    2005 - Kitchener and London, Ontario
    2006 - Chicago Night 1, Cincinnati, and St. Paul Night 1
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2010 - St. Louis and Noblesville
    2011 - East Troy PJ20 Night 1 and Night 2
    2013 - Wrigley and Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis and Memphis
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • rock the fuck out!

just wannta throw that out there. :mrgreen:

runs away and hides

says the person who does own a camera?

I have a hard time remembering shows. Pictures and video help my hard time.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,763
    i take a few pics. at shows. it doesn't ruin my experience to take 30 seconds to snap a few shots that i'll have forever.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • I couldn't agree more with the OP. I can see if you have a great camera with a great flash and you're close (and not worried about said camera being confiscated). But cell phone pictures and videos from 100 feet away are garbage. worthless. and a nuisance to peopel near you
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    +1,000,000,000

I friggin hate people shooting vids with their phones.

take a pic or two-then put it away
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i plan to shoot the last few mins before they come on stage at MSG with my iPhone and then put it away ... :)
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I will only go to the HJF in Mestre, Italy, this year.. so... I hope the majority of the tour will be filmed from fellow fans and spreaded in the community ;)
    Just to say, there are great complete dvd's out there of amazing concerts that I've not attended, like philly 05 or the famous Indio 93 show, so all hail to the tapers (as long as they don't ruin the experience to others)..
    The only thing that bother me are the fuckers who try to sell these unofficial video bootlegs :evil:
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    pandora wrote:
    I was thinking at the least though if you try that you'd end up with a beverage of choice all over you :)

:lol:
    i'll be sure to sneak some towels in with me in case this might happen.
    wet t-shirt contest!!!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,391
    polaris_x wrote:
    i plan to shoot the last few mins before they come on stage at MSG with my iPhone and then put it away ... :)

I was thinking on bringing one of these just for the encores @ MSG!

wpe7_concord.gif
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    edited April 2010
    tickle-monster-mitts.jpg
    Post edited by usamamasan1 on
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::lol:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*