edited April 2010 in The Porch
rock the fuck out!

just wannta throw that out there. :mrgreen:

runs away and hides
*~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I concur!
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 832
    Hell no...since PJ boycotts Texas, I need to see pictures and videos.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I agree. I've never taken a camera to a show. I wouldn't even think of taking my cell phone out of my pocket. It's all about the experience in the memory. I'd rather have the memory in my brain than have a memory of taking pictures so I could be remided by a digital image later. Life is about experiences.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I'm going to admit that i'll be taking my camera this time around. Last time I didn't but this time i'm hoping to get a few good shots for memories.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I don't do the record thing with phone or camera but I am very appreciative of those that do because I have so enjoyed all the memories and those times I couldn't be there in concert on youtube. Its a beautiful thing.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Gob wrote:
    I agree. I've never taken a camera to a show. I wouldn't even think of taking my cell phone out of my pocket. It's all about the experience in the memory. I'd rather have the memory in my brain than have a memory of taking pictures so I could be remided by a digital image later. Life is about experiences.
    This.

Still love that avatar BTW.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    rock the fuck out!

runs away and hides

Does it really bother you if I like to take photos, which i share online with other fans? or if, rather than singing along to every song at the top of my lungs, i just like to chill out and enjoy the music? (yes, i do stand the whole time). I dont care what anyone does at the show, so long as they can avoid spilling beer on me and remember to use the restroom rather than the floor under my seat!
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I concur x100000

I hate standing behind Dbags that take pics and vids the whole time.
  • NYCPJNYCPJ Posts: 764
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I concur x100000

Really? isnt that a bit harsh? im a dbag because i take photos? (I keep the camera at my eye level, so im not blocking anyone's view)
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
    9/3/24 I(MSG1)
    9/4/24 (MSG 2)
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    I am considering being a relayer for one of the shows I go to this year. After all the times I have followed a show on here, I feel like if I can, I should give back once. Is that an acceptable use of my cell phone at the show?

And without a camera I would never have snapped this shot...
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Dhof2e6q-G0/S832g ... titled.jpg

I will probably bring a camera, but if I am not sitting close enough, i won't use it, and if I do use it, it will be sort of like with the press. You know, usually the local press photographers can take pictures during the first 3 songs and thats it? I will wait for a song I don't care much about and could do without paying attention to that is also a song they insist on playing all the time *cough*save you* cough, and snap a few pics during that song. I am not going to take 100 pictures or video record every song or anything like that. But I don't mind people doing it as long as they can be smart about it and not get in the way of others, which most people do seem to be incapable of doing.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
    fine, maybe that's a bit harsh. how about jagbag? ;):lol:
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    what about flags? are you gonna get pissed about flags? i was thinking about starting to carry a flag around for this tour
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,367
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I concur x100000

Its almost as bad as someone taking a picture of themselves and using it for their avatar! :lol:
    edited April 2010
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I concur x100000

Its almost as bad as someone taking a picture of themselves and using it for their avatar! :lol:

i'm a handsome man- at least that's what my mom tells me :lol:
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    what about flags? are you gonna get pissed about flags? i was thinking about starting to carry a flag around for this tour
    I actually think I'll be wearing this to Hartford:
    n2390219204_1205.jpg
    I hope nobody sitting behind me minds!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    none of you are allowed to watch you tube videos
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    edited April 2010
    n2390219204_1205.jpg
    Get it? Its a big hat...lol

I'm serious about the flag though. Everyone in Europe brings thier countries flag to shows....IM gonna start repping CT flags at shows because that is where I am from. I might even get my hometown flag (trumbull) and bring that too. Just to confuse everyone....especially those doppy europeans :o:D
    Post edited by Grandmas Jam on
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    Don't go to a Kings of Leon concert. 70 percent of the audience are watching the show on a 2 inch LCD instead of live. :roll:
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    NYCPJ wrote:
    rock the fuck out!

runs away and hides

Does it really bother you if I like to take photos, which i share online with other fans? or if, rather than singing along to every song at the top of my lungs, i just like to chill out and enjoy the music? (yes, i do stand the whole time). I dont care what anyone does at the show, so long as they can avoid spilling beer on me and remember to use the restroom rather than the floor under my seat!
    +1

Hey OP maybe you should take your own advice. How can you "rock the fuck out" when you are to busy watching people take pics with cameras or cell phones. People will always take pics or text their buddies or do nothing but get shitfaced drunk. They earned that right to "rock the fuck out" in their own way.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• what about flags? are you gonna get pissed about flags? i was thinking about starting to carry a flag around for this tour
    n2390219204_1205.jpg

It appears Mr. Reynolds has changed his name to Turd Furgeson :lol:
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I concur x100000

i'm a handsome man- at least that's what my mom tells me :lol:

Funny, she told me I'm a handsome man too...

Seriously though... for the life of me I can't figure out how someone can truly enjoy themselves at a concert when they're standing still filming it on their phone, only moving to yell at people for bumping them. If you want a few pics, that's fine - but holding a camera up in the air above your head to video a song is a pain in the ass to the people behind you trying to, you know, see the band...
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
    Look, here's the deal:

It you snap an occasional photo or take a short vid...I'm OK with that. Just don't effect my listening/viewing experience but constandly flashing or holding the cam above your head. That infringes on my rights, man.

:evil:
  • pearljim10pearljim10 Posts: 404
    as the dude once said...This aggression will not stand.

now abide.
    The plural of VINYL is VINYL. slh

1996 - Randalls Island 9/28 9/29, Buffalo 10/1
    1998 - Camden 8/28 8/29, East Rutherford 9/8, MSG 9/10, Hartford 9/13
    2000 - Letterman 4/12, Jones Beach 8/23 8/24 8/25, Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2003 - Long Island 4/30, Phoenix 6/7, MSG 7/8 7/9
    2006 - San Diego 7/7
    2009 - Philly IV 10/31
    2010 - MSG 5/20 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 Movie 9/23
    2012 - EV Phoenix 4/13
    2013 - Phoenix 11/19
    2016 - Telluride 7/10
    2018 - Boston/Fenway 9/4
    2019 - EV Tempe Innings Festival 3/3
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    unless the camera is in your face for the entire show or the drunk person is peeing on your leg, people need to chill out and not worry so much about how other people are choosing to enjoy their shows. :roll:
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • NYCPJ wrote:
    rock the fuck out!

runs away and hides

I’m not bothered if you want to take photos - so long as you’re not in front of me, holding your camera above your head the entire show so that all I see is your glowing little viewfinder rather than being able to see what’s actually going on on the stage. ;)
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    edited April 2010
    I'm in my own little world at a PJ concert. A bomb could go off and I probably wouldn't know it. The time goes by way too fast and I want so to remember it all that I can't care about the people around me. Its me and PJ and I agree, thank you to the people who post on youtube, those who are sharing, I'm loving it.
    Post edited by pandora on
    unless the camera is in your face for the entire show or the drunk person is peeing on your leg, people need to chill out and not worry so much about how other people are choosing to enjoy their shows. :roll:

i think a drunken asshole is just as distracting as a texting/photo taking/vid making prick.

look at driving- would you rather drive drunk or text? it's more dangerous to text/surf the net/take pics/make videos than driving drunk.

i'm not saying, i'm just saying.
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I concur x100000

Im sure you check out the videos on youtube though....
    i do, you bet your ass i do!

but, im just glad that person didnt take the vids near me :lol:
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    Davidtrios wrote:

i think a drunken asshole is just as distracting as a texting/photo taking/vid making prick.

look at driving- would you rather drive drunk or text? it's more dangerous to text/surf the net/take pics/make videos than driving drunk.

i'm not saying, i'm just saying.

comparing a drunk driver/texting driver to a fan taking pictures at a concert? c'mon buddy. :?
    keep on rockin' in the free world.