I fear for the Euro tour...

Comments

• Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Hopefully it all works out and the Europeans get their shows! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Hopefully it all works out and the Europeans get their shows! :D
    i love this girl.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • why go homewhy go home Posts: 287
    Hey Scott, I'll just call you stupid!!

Always the optimist, must be cause your from Aberdeen.

If it hasn't stopped before June you will have to go to Iceland and stick your fat ass in the top!!

As it happens the 2nd volcano is going to go soon, so you could through your man boobs on them!! their big enough to defuse the two at once!!! :lol:
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • Fear not... (or not yet, anyway...)

REYKJAVIK (Reuters) - The ash cloud surging from an erupting Icelandic volcano is hanging lower in the air, which is good news for travellers...

Some fears have been expressed that the eruption could set off the neighboring, larger Katla volcano, but officials said no activity had been detected... "We have no indication there is an eruption because there is no seismicity and the volcano is not expanding,"

http://in.reuters.com/article/environme ... dChannel=0
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    I guess if it doesn't go ahead we'll understand the real meaning of, 2010 watch it go to fire! I'm being optimistic all the way though. :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222

Never noticed where the OP was from, I'm from Aberdeen too... Guess you're right about us being optimistic!!! :lol:
    DavieB wrote:

Never noticed where the OP was from, I'm from Aberdeen too... Guess you're right about us being optimistic!!! :lol:

It's okay he's from Dundee!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    demetrios wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Hmmm Canadians are clearly trying to make themselves unpopular :twisted: ;)

Bwhahahaha!!! When certain countries take our Pearl Jam 4 ouf of the 5 summer year's ('06, '07, '09, '10) into their homes while all of Canada get's 1 or 2 show's (MAX); well, we had to put some voodoo shit on that volcano! Bwhahahaha!!! :twisted:

After a six year wait ;)

I think the planet heard you trying to jinx us ... apparently the winds this weekend may start blowing it towards Canada http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8631889.stm :shock:

Sorry when I read that story it made me think of this thread :oops: :twisted:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    chime wrote:

Bwhahahaha!!! When certain countries take our Pearl Jam 4 ouf of the 5 summer year's ('06, '07, '09, '10) into their homes while all of Canada get's 1 or 2 show's (MAX); well, we had to put some voodoo shit on that volcano! Bwhahahaha!!! :twisted:

After a six year wait ;)

I think the planet heard you trying to jinx us ... apparently the winds this weekend may start blowing it towards Canada http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8631889.stm :shock:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,404
    chime wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    chime wrote:

After a six year wait ;)

If that happens, the band won't be able to fly to Europe from North America! ;)
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Call me stupid or an optimist, but i'm not sure how long this volcano carry on will go on for... :roll:

After watching tv last night an Iceland expert was saying that he expects the second volcano with was 10 times worse to erupt in May/June time and was very sure of this.

Might have to start looking at Boats and the Megabus!! :o
    If this is back on, I hope it happens after the band arrives. Then they're stuck here and will just have to add and play more shows to pass the time.

Which also means we bring back the crazy bus!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    Hinn wrote:
    Call me stupid or an optimist, but i'm not sure how long this volcano carry on will go on for... :roll:

After watching tv last night an Iceland expert was saying that he expects the second volcano with was 10 times worse to erupt in May/June time and was very sure of this.

If this is back on, I hope it happens after the band arrives. Then they're stuck here and will just have to add and play more shows to pass the time.

Which also means we bring back the crazy bus!
    Im in for the bus :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    ... and the UK airports have been open for a little while now :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    chime wrote:
    Rght. So its back to being woken by planes.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    chime wrote:
    awesome news :D
  • redrock wrote:

Wouldn't bother. If you can't fly, the band can't either!

if we are in north america and dont plan on going to europe soon, maybe we can cheer for this thing, best news would be they cancel the europe tour, and do a summer US tour instead. then i can go to more shows, they can make up europe in the winter. :lol:
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Yeah, that second larger volcano looming accompanied with increased earthquake activity has definitely caught my attention.
    Still, I'm going to europe either way this summer and it would be nice if i had some decent musical entertainment after a nice day sipping chianti and checking some new spots.

And I hate to think I would have to remind such an opened minded/out of the box type thinking group like pearl jam fans...but you can travel west out of north america and get to fucking europe just fine. I cant be the only one..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Powderfinger postponed their UK/Ireland tour yesterday, and that is a farewell tour, so a big deal.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    Powderfinger postponed their UK/Ireland tour yesterday, and that is a farewell tour, so a big deal.

I've got KISS in 2 weeks in Glasgow (he says quietly) :oops: i kinda hope that might get cancelled, i'll get the £50 i paid for my ticket back :D
  • TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429

I've got KISS in 2 weeks in Glasgow (he says quietly) :oops: i kinda hope that might get cancelled, i'll get the £50 i paid for my ticket back :D

But if you never seen kiss live, i guess its worth it, they put on a great show ;)
    otherwise...noooo :D
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Im flying back to NY for the Buffalo show from Istanbul...glad I booked going through Madrid! Ill be back for the Nijmegen and Berlin shows...god I hope there aren't any problems...most of my trip expenses are nonrefundable!
    Rossum20 wrote:
    Im flying back to NY for the Buffalo show from Istanbul...glad I booked going through Madrid! Ill be back for the Nijmegen and Berlin shows...god I hope there aren't any problems...most of my trip expenses are nonrefundable!
    my whole trip is nonrefundable... :roll: :roll:
    TT8270 wrote:

But if you never seen kiss live, i guess its worth it, they put on a great show ;)
    otherwise...noooo :D

Yeah i'm sure they will, excited really :P only know a couple of songs though
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    there was just a flash on the bottom of sky news, saying the volcano has lost 80% of its intensity.

things heading in the right direction.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157

If this is the case and if a second volcano erupts then I would miss out on New York shows and the euro tour! :(
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • InsideJob75InsideJob75 Posts: 126
    You've all convinced me, i'm staying in sunny Aberdeen in June :D Seems to be plenty Pearl Jam fans here - all 3 of us!

Just about to cancel all my flights, hotels, etc and see how much cash i've suddenly got!! :lol:
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    You've all convinced me, i'm staying in sunny Aberdeen in June :D Seems to be plenty Pearl Jam fans here - all 3 of us!

Just about to cancel all my flights, hotels, etc and see how much cash i've suddenly got!! :lol:

:o:o :shock: :(
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • InsideJob75InsideJob75 Posts: 126
    Only kidding - I'll be there in Dublin, Belfast and London ........ just hope the band are! :D
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471

No scientist on this planet can be "very sure of" a volcanic erruption. those fuckers are unpredictable.

By the way - the problem with those two volcanos is, that there's a big layer of glacier on either of them. Those kinds of huge ash-clouds are a result of the reaction of water and magma. Fellow male Jammers can compare this to what happens when you pee into the camp fire - and the girls..ehm..you know what I mean ;)
    Even if Katla errupts, the "big smoke" most certainly wouldn't last for the whole erruption (e.g. 14 months like someone claimed) because the ice would have melted long time before. So in this case, the first moments are the most intense ones. That's why Europe can fly again..

Regardless of all the flights cancelled and people bitchin - what a fuckin impressive spectacle this is.
    Humans need such happenings from time to time to get back to earth and understand or remember that we're not almighty. Respect!
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Rossum20 wrote:
    my whole trip is nonrefundable... :roll: :roll:

:lol::lol::lol: