I fear for the Euro tour...

why go homewhy go home Posts: 287
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Call me stupid or an optimist, but i'm not sure how long this volcano carry on will go on for... :roll:

After watching tv last night an Iceland expert was saying that he expects the second volcano with was 10 times worse to erupt in May/June time and was very sure of this.

Might have to start looking at Boats and the Megabus!! :o
Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    Noticed this on the news too.

I don't think it's going to be over nearly as quick as people imagine it will.

Unfortunately, this could cause chaos for pretty much every festival/international act's tour this summer.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Wouldn't bother. If you can't fly, the band can't either!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    see u all at Dublin at 22th June,early in the morning..10c quote...bring your flags for all together take fotos..ouzo will be there too
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • redrock wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

We'll have to just hold tight and wait and see. Afterall, Tenclub aren't bastards, if it happens, they'll probably just postpone everything and keep us updated.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • why go homewhy go home Posts: 287
    redrock wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

We'll have to just hold tight and wait and see. Afterall, Tenclub aren't bastards, if it happens, they'll probably just postpone everything and keep us updated.

I sure they will, there's one thing i'll save a shit load of cash!!!
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
    u there in uk u worry to much,relax,go out, enjoy the sun... :o oh wait,,the sun? :roll:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    u there in uk u worry to much,relax,go out, enjoy the sun... :o oh wait,,the sun? :roll:

:P ... we have had lots of sun the last couple of weeks ;) ... bright blue skies where I am today :D ... volcanic ash cloud ... what volcanic ash cloud :? :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:

:P ... we have had lots of sun the last couple of weeks ;) ... bright blue skies where I am today :D ... volcanic ash cloud ... what volcanic ash cloud :? :lol:
    i wish this stay like this on June..i want sun on tour,please..!!i m used in summer here,that rain is something too rare at summertime
  • It's actually lovely in Coventry today, thank you very much young man! :P
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    yep, clear blue skies... no vapour trails... ;)

was very pleasant at the weekend in South-West London, nice weather and no noisy aerioplanes thundering overhead! :roll:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    Well if anything bad does happen like they have to cancel the EURO tour, there could be a bright spot for us fans here in Canada and the fans in the west of the US.....Just reschedule the cancel shows and make a north american tour :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,404
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Well if anything bad does happen like they have to cancel the EURO tour, there could be a bright spot for us fans here in Canada and the fans in the west of the US.....Just reschedule the cancel shows and make a north american tour :D

Hell yeah! I guess it's a sign. SCREW ALL FESTIVAL SHOW'S. THEY SUCK! They said they wouldn't do it anymore. The volcano was a fan & was pretty pissed off, so it threw up!
  • Hey Scott, I'll just call you stupid!!

Always the optimist, must be cause your from Aberdeen.

If it hasn't stopped before June you will have to go to Iceland and stick your fat ass in the top!!
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Hmmm Canadians are clearly trying to make themselves unpopular :twisted: ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • chime wrote:

i wish this stay like this on June..i want sun on tour,please..!!i m used in summer here,that rain is something too rare at summertime

In the UK, it's the Sun that's rare in Summer!! :lol:
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    Like the first poster said, there's a bigger volcano called "Katla" just neighbour to this one and experts says the one won't happen without the other. Last time Katla was in action it lasted 14 months (in 1800s). Imagine that, western civilisation 14 months without flying. Interesting times.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,926
    I fear for people like myself travelling from Europe to the US next month! :o

Might go with the excellent help from Google maps when I did my trip to Oz last year. I typed in Melbourne airport as the starting point and the end point as the Docklands Stadium, Melbourne. Google maps assumed I meant Melbourne airport in Florida! :lol: Cue several hundred steps which included "Kyak across the Pacific".

If I start now, I just might make it...
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • gee....i guess the band will just have to stay home and do more dates here...a good old fashioned BUS TOUR!...sorry Europe!....blame mother nature! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,404
    chime wrote:
    Hmmm Canadians are clearly trying to make themselves unpopular :twisted: ;)

Bwhahahaha!!! When certain countries take our Pearl Jam 4 ouf of the 5 summer year's ('06, '07, '09, '10) into their homes while all of Canada get's 1 or 2 show's (MAX); well, we had to put some voodoo shit on that volcano! Bwhahahaha!!! :twisted:
  • gee....i guess the band will just have to stay home and do more dates here...a good old fashioned BUS TOUR!...sorry Europe!....blame mother nature! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Now that was uncalled for. :cry:
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
    gee....i guess the band will just have to stay home and do more dates here...a good old fashioned BUS TOUR!...sorry Europe!....blame mother nature! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    :lol: u wish fucker....im a polite and good man that i leave them to get back home after europe tour...
    dont play with my kindness and change my mind 8-)
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    well if we are going to play that game then cancel the US stour so the stuff for Europe can come by cargo and the band can fly into open air space such Spain or Greece...then they can have a bus tour here instead! :twisted: :twisted: ;):mrgreen:

Only joking...but hey lets stay positve people!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • sorry guys...i get all...GREEDY and shit when it come to PJ shows...i'm like Daffy Duck "MINE MINE MINE!!!"

daffy-duck-pic-2.jpg:mrgreen:
    dottles wrote:
    and the band can fly into open air space such Spain or Greece !
    ill be in the airport for make a pre -party with the band...i like the way u think girl :mrgreen:
  • dottles wrote:
    hey lets stay positve people!

Absolutely! :clap:

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    Afterall, Tenclub aren't bastards, if it happens, they'll probably just postpone everything and keep us updated.
    Well the postpone part anyway. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier wrote:
    Afterall, Tenclub aren't bastards, if it happens, they'll probably just postpone everything and keep us updated.

Now now, stay positive ;)

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    Poncier wrote:

Now now, stay positive ;)
    I'm sure they'll list makeup dates as TBD. :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
    spain,portugal,greece,albania italy,russia,sweden,norway,scotland,slovakia,swiss,romania,boulgaria,the half germany,and half france airports are open right now..the whole shit is london couse its in the mindle of flights for all over the world..all will be fine..oh,,tour isnt NEXT WEEK..we are talking two months from now..
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    it'll be on
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.