I'm worried Matt might leave PJ.

Comments

• CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    These threads are getting old

Um....NO. This isn't a drummer vs drummer thread...or a "I wish Dave A or Jack would come back" thread either. This is just a thought I had after hearing some reviews of the Soundgarden show and relating to what i've experienced in life.

I just know it's human nature to get caught up in the moment and not see the big picture sometimes.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Dave a isn't coming back at all ever. Did you all forget the way pj basically cut him outta the ten reissue and the jab ed took at dave a at the berlin concert last year concert

Jack irons isn't coming back at all either. What makes you people think he can hack 3+ hours shows if he couldn't hack 2 hour shows. He's a studio drummer now anyways and does some work for a canadian band. Got mad respect for jack and he's the one pj member I've always wanted to meet, but facts are facts

Dave k maybe would come back.

Matt chamberlain would be a great fit for the band like he was for the 11-15 shows he played with the band back in 91 before taking the SNL gig.

Pearl jam only tours 2 weeks at a time in each region these days anyways. So all this talk bout matt leaving is bs.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• [quote Plus if PJ broke up tomorrow i dont think it would send earthquakes around the world..[/quote]

nope just the Ten Club..
  • edited April 2010
    metsfan wrote:
    Dave a isn't coming back at all ever. Did you all forget the way pj basically cut him outta the ten reissue and the jab ed took at dave a at the berlin concert last year concert

Jack irons isn't coming back at all either. What makes you people think he can hack 3+ hours shows if he couldn't hack 2 hour shows. He's a studio drummer now anyways and does some work for a canadian band. Got mad respect for jack and he's the one pj member I've always wanted to meet, but facts are facts

Matt chamberlain would be a great fit for the band like he was for the 11-15 shows he played with the band back in 91 before taking the SNL gig.

Pearl jam only tours 2 weeks at a time in each region these days anyways. So all this talk bout matt leaving is bs.
    PJ rarely plays 3 hour shows. people like to exaggerate. i could see Jack coming back for a few shows, not on a permanent basis. as for as i know it was an amicable split, so why wouldnt he come back for a tour or something?

i wouldn't care if Matt left to be honest. i think he fits Soundgarden better than he does Pearl Jam.
    Post edited by LikeAnOpeningBandForTheSun on
  • ^^^^

Yes...but why do you think the band is so supportive. They had to delay the announcement of their tour because of his SG tour arraignments.
    well they are friends and have been for decades. its not like Matt leaving would be some terrible act of betrayal. all those Seattle band members jumped around all the time back in the day.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    MrSmith wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

PJ rarely plays 3 hour shows. people like to exaggerate. i could see Jack coming back for a few shows, not on a permanent basis. as for as i know it was an amicable split, so why wouldnt he come back for a tour or something?

i wouldn't care if Matt left to be honest. the band needs a shake up anyway.
    2 1/2hours-3 hours shows is a lot different then 1hr 45min-2hours(the usual concert length for a pj concert when jack drummed) for a drummer that has had arm problems. Drumming the way jack does really puts a strain on a persons arm. Yes jack and the band are very much friendly with each other.

Honestly I don't care if matt left either. I always felt he was better fitted for sg and that pj never really used matt to the best of his ability. Matts work in SG is just fucking mindblowing to me.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

i wouldn't care if Matt left to be honest. the band needs a shake up anyway.
    2 1/2hours-3 hours shows is a lot different then 1hr 45min-2hours(the usual concert length for a pj concert when jack drummed) for a drummer that has had arm problems. Drumming the way jack does really puts a strain on a persons arm. Yes jack and the band are very much friendly with each other.

Honestly I don't care if matt left either. I always felt he was better fitted for sg and that pj never really used matt to the best of his ability. Matts work in SG is just fucking mindblowing to me.
    i agree i just think its possible Jack could come back for a few shows. how awesome would that be?

i wouldnt mind seeing Matt Chamberlain either.
    edited April 2010
    MrSmith wrote:
    well they are friends and have been for decades. its not like Matt leaving would be some terrible act of betrayal. all those Seattle band members jumped around all the time back in the day.

Not betrayal at all. I think by their comments in certain interviews... and by Ed's constant praise of Matt on stage ...that these are a sure indication that they would be greatly saddened (for lack of a better term). Maybe they're ok with a part time drummer for the next 3 years or so. If they truly are cutting back from touring as much...this might not hurt them.
    Post edited by CitizenRick on
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • KO282453 wrote:
    Soundgarden Sucks, Spoon this!!!and go black hole that!!! what ever. Audio Slave were better.
    :lol::lol:
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Dave Krusen is one of my Facebook "Friends" and I asked him yesterday if he would be interested in coming back to Pearl Jam either to fill in temporarily for Matt Cameron or permanently and he said "YES".
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Dave Krusen is one of my Facebook "Friends" and I asked him yesterday if he would be interested in coming back to Pearl Jam either to fill in temporarily for Matt Cameron or permanently and he said "YES".
    :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    I really hope Matt doesn't leave. But if he does they should ask Barrett Martin from the screaming trees. Him and Mike got together for Mad Season. If this were to happen it would open new ground musically for the boys.

Barrett Martin people!
  • AlbeAlbe Posts: 22
    If Matt's smart, he won't.

Why jeopardize a sure thing with PJ by leaving for a full fledged return to SG, which won't last?
  • GiventoFallGiventoFall Posts: 217
    I can't see Jack Irons ever joining Pearl Jam again besides maybe a one time show kinda deal. Remember how Matt became a member of Pearl Jam? Jack Irons bails out of a full summer tour like 2 weeks before it starts. I'm sure they all still love Jack and understand his reasons for quitting the band but that's just a unreliable person to have in the band. If they kept Jack as their official studio drummer and hired a touring drummer that could go over well :) We deff did the best drumming on the albums. There's a better chance of me having a PJ album and merchandise burning than Matt quitting the band though.
    Get over here!
  • im sure someone on this board can drum every PJ song in existence. give that guy a call!
    MrSmith wrote:
    im sure someone on this board can drum every PJ song in existence. give that guy a call!

Yeah...sort of like the movie "Rock Star" with Marky Mark. Not that i've seen it or anything...but from what i've heard...it would be like that. ;)
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    He won't cause he's smart enough to know that this reunion is like a rock-reinseration for Chris Cornell. He has done some weird shit music, has said a lot of crap, offence his old(SG) fans and his new stuff floped. He's just trying to get his fans back and make some money. As they launched the new internet page the first things who were on was the Merchandize category. I'm happy they're doing some stuff together but the band isn't going to least !
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
    MrSmith wrote:
    im sure someone on this board can drum every PJ song in existence. give that guy a call!

Yeah...sort of like the movie "Rock Star" with Marky Mark. Not that i've seen it or anything...but from what i've heard...it would be like that. ;)

should I be ashamed if I would tell that I liked the movie ? ;)
    luxpjamer wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

Ha Ha. No...not at all. Mark Wahlberg is just a joke in and of itself...or at least his music career. I like the concept of the movie just fine. It was just sort of a tongue in cheek mocking of myself. The movie serves it's purpose...and was entertaining enough.
    luxpjamer wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

Ha Ha. No...not at all. Mark Wahlberg is just a joke in and of itself...or at least his music career. I like the concept of the movie just fine. It was just sort of a tongue in cheek mocking of myself. The movie serves it's purpose...and was entertaining enough.[/quote]

Ice Ice baby !
    I liked his role in The Departed and he's really a better Actor than rapper... But that isn't that hard :D
    that was offtopic so :
    to them who worry:
    lay your head down Matt won't leave
  • I don't think Matt's going anywhere but IF he were to go leave I actually think with these short 2 week tours our boys seem to like to do that Jack would be perfect!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • some band did that for one show at least. wasnt it the Who or Stones? cant remember off the top of my head.
  • HatTrickHatTrick Posts: 25

Ice Ice baby !
    I liked his role in The Departed and he's really a better Actor than rapper... But that isn't that hard :D
    that was offtopic so :
    to them who worry:
    lay your head down Matt won't leave[/quote][/quote]

Although Marky Mark didnt sing Ice Ice baby....to go back on topic....I agree with the thought process of Soundgarden's reunion is just a temporary fix, much like RATM was and even the Police. a few people's drug pantry start to get light so they get back together a few times to fill it up. Worry not[/quote]

Nobody is trying to fill up any pantry so you should not make posts like that as you hide behind you CPU. Some of you people are ridiculous.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    just go see rush and forget about this trivial shit with matt. he isn;t leaving. pearl jam is too lucrative.
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    Who cares? I love both bands, so either way I win.

Also, the fact that people think Audioslave is better than Soundgarden makes me kind of want to vomit. :?
  • matt would be stupid to leave pj. i dont think pj has any plans to quit soon?

and for soundgarden if they are back together for good i doubt they can last making 2 or 3 album before cornell quits again. isnt he like axl rose?
  • id rather velvet revolver get back together than soungarden, not that i hate soundgarden they are decent band, but i heard they are not the best live act.
  • id rather velvet revolver get back together than soungarden, not that i hate soundgarden they are decent band, but i heard they are not the best live act.
    listening to the boot from last night, they sound pretty good. i heard they sucked live too, but i guess they are better now.

and Velvet Revolver is an abomination that should never see the light of day again.
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    what will be will be, he will play in both bands, its possible, look at dave grohl, josh homme etc....
    its common these days
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    Matt is awesome. It would be great if he stayed with PJ
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.