Ben Roethlisberger

Comments

• everybody is absolutely sick about being represented by such a douchenozzel. we've known for years around here what kind of a jerk he is just based of his actions at bars, restaurants, golf courses, events, etc. he's got a long rep of egotism and dirt-baggery. he is known to be rude and offensive to women at all the local night spots. nasty to establishment owners, rude to fans, cheap. but never before was he being charged for takin the ass.

however everyone here in pittsburgh, as im sure you may be aware, is a complete nfl realist. what i mean to say is that ben has like 7 yrs or something left on a $105 mil contract (all numbers are generally based off of my stoney recollections). those numbers make it very very difficult to just walk away from a guy.

as far as on field performance there is a division. some think he can still be a viable (multiple) super bowl winner. and i dont completely doubt that. but most of us (me included) have seen the egotism effect on field play (2 losing seasons post superbowls!?) as well as off field antics and carelessness (motorcycle) directly resulting in poor play. i cant really think that the next season or two are gonna go that smoothly for us. gonna be tough to win the division and the d is really gonna have to step it up.

ultimately here in pittsburgh we have one rule of thumb...

ABIDE BY THE ROONEYS!!!

if they go with ben, i go with ben. if they ditch the guy then i say good goddam riddance!!! if they told me to jump off one of our citys numerous and beautiful bridges, i would do so knowing that they had both the team and the citys best interests in mind, as well as my own best interests
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    So???

Is this guy, a rapist, piece of shit???

Or just a piece of shit????

This guy attended the Tiger woods school they are millionare atheletes they are intitled :roll: :roll: ..

I would say Rapist peice of shit fits him really well ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    milarso wrote:
    I think the guy is a great quarterback, however, and this is only my opinion, I think he did everything that girl said he did.

I do too man. The whole thing is just creepy. I read the police report (or at least the parts that are online) and it paints the picture of who Ben Roethlisberger is: Am immature, drunken pervert who we all used to see at our high school parties. You know...the guy who would wait for a girl to get really drunk and then kinda "lead her" in a certain direction. Some people grow out that sort of behavior. Others hide it well until they have enough alcohol in them. And once they get that amount of alcohol in them, they wait in a VIP room...alone with their cock out....until a drunken 20 year old is "led back" to the room by his friend. See, in 10th grade Ben had to follow the girls into the woods while they were puking to hook up with them. Now that he's a big star, he has his friends who will do anything to please him do it.

His troubles are just beginning. Fans gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time he was accused of this sort of thing. They're not going to be as friendly this time around.

Oh yeah...and there's a third "Ben wouldn't let me leave" story that just surfaced: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... 1ben1.html
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    milarso wrote:
    I think the guy is a great quarterback, however, and this is only my opinion, I think he did everything that girl said he did.

I do too man. The whole thing is just creepy. I read the police report (or at least the parts that are online) and it paints the picture of who Ben Roethlisberger is: Am immature, drunken pervert who we all used to see at our high school parties. You know...the guy who would wait for a girl to get really drunk and then kinda "lead her" in a certain direction. Some people grow out that sort of behavior. Others hide it well until they have enough alcohol in them. And once they get that amount of alcohol in them, they wait in a VIP room...alone with their cock out....until a drunken 20 year old is "led back" to the room by his friend. See, in 10th grade Ben had to follow the girls into the woods while they were puking to hook up with them. Now that he's a big star, he has his friends who will do anything to please him do it.

His troubles are just beginning. Fans gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time he was accused of this sort of thing. They're not going to be as friendly this time around.

Oh yeah...and there's a third "Ben wouldn't let me leave" story that just surfaced: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... 1ben1.html
    Being a transplanted Steeler fan I've been watching this thread the last few days. I'm not judging Ben but it does seem more like an alcohol problem. From the new report linked, I have to ask why she would return to his house after the initial incident as it reads in the police report. Granted it looks like he's a drunken pervert but these girls could be something other than victims in this story.

I'm guessing 2-4 game suspension from the NFL. Hope he can get his head on straight and continue to lead the team to SuperBowls.

I too will ABIDE BY THE ROONEYS !!!
    #FHP
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,021
    Umm, weren't these two "bodygaurds" actually members of law enforcement? One a state trooper and the other a local cop? Both from PA.? Not to malign the fine men and women who go about their jobs with respect and integrity , but It seems equally fucked up for these two also.

Ben has shown he's an escape artist. Both on and off the field. Lifelong fan of this team and I can't recall EVER hearing of such behaviour directed toward women before this hollow shell of a human being. Man , from my state AND on my team!!! not to excuse anything , but I wonder how much damage was done to his brain from the accident. Wasn't he somewhat humble prior to that?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    More fun with Ben:

The thing with this one is that it could completely false (as noted in the article). And even if it's true, there's no accusation of a crime here. But he's better get used to being a punch-line the rest of his career: http://deadspin.com/5520027/a-new-big-b ... e=true&s=i
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    More fun with Ben:

The thing with this one is that it could completely false (as noted in the article). And even if it's true, there's no accusation of a crime here. But he's better get used to being a punch-line the rest of his career: http://deadspin.com/5520027/a-new-big-b ... e=true&s=i

I DEMAND THIS MAN AND HIS WEIRD GRAY PENIS BE SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Man, the grey penis story has all the makings of a Ron Mexico long time laugher.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • What's up ladies???

dumbanddumber.jpg
    Stunned by my own reflection, it's looking back sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again. Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    More fun with Ben:

There are going to be people coming out of the woodwork for the next year with stories/allegations about him... 99% of them probably are bullshit, but he deserves all of the negative attention that he gets. His endorsement paychecks are going to dry up for a while too.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    DewieCox wrote:
    He did it...I'm all for innocent til proven guilty, too, and to me his guilt has been proven. Who the hell takes a drunk chick into a bathroom and has his goons guard the door? The answer, a rapist.

really...? how many rapists have someone stand guard...?

while Ben may be a douche...not to many folks were too worried about that after his second Super Bowl win....

I know that whole "innocent unless proven guilty" tends to get in the way here on the Internets...but at the end of the day, he wasn't charged in this incident...

now if being a douche and a dumbass were a crime, he would have been locked up a long time ago...heck, so would half of America....
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    inmytree wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    He did it...I'm all for innocent til proven guilty, too, and to me his guilt has been proven. Who the hell takes a drunk chick into a bathroom and has his goons guard the door? The answer, a rapist.

At least 1
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    DewieCox wrote:
    inmytree wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

At least 1

if you say so, judge...
    I'm a Steelers fan, and there is no way they are getting rid of him... he's one of the top 5-6 QB's in the league, and they have $30+ million guaranteed (plus a lot more of a cap hit) in him. If he inexplicably does something else like this again, then maybe, but moving him really hurts the franchise for years.

Tweeted form Adam Schefter this morning ...

Adam_Schefter: Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben for top 10 pick. At least one team considering it.Story far from done.

And the NFL Network ...

jasonlacanfora reports that Steelers called Rams over weekend and offered up Big Ben and Rams were not interested.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    jasonlacanfora reports that Steelers called Rams over weekend and offered up Big Ben and Rams were not interested.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    also being reported that the suspension will be 4 - 6 games.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Alright, well its obvious that Ben is a scumbag or rapist or whatever you want to call him. But the fact that the NFL is going to suspend him 4-6 games when he hasn't even been charged with a crime does not seem right. I am in no way defending anything that he has reportedly done, but to be suspended without being arrested seems a little off.
    Alright, well its obvious that Ben is a scumbag or rapist or whatever you want to call him. But the fact that the NFL is going to suspend him 4-6 games when he hasn't even been charged with a crime does not seem right. I am in no way defending anything that he has reportedly done, but to be suspended without being arrested seems a little off.

The NFL has a pretty strict personal conduct policy. You don't have to be charged with a crime.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    jimed14 wrote:

The NFL has a pretty strict personal conduct policy. You don't have to be charged with a crime.

I know that, but up to 6 games for not even being arrested seems a bit much. I think Roger Goodell is starting to abuse this power with the personal conduct policy.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    jimed14 wrote:

I know that, but up to 6 games for not even being arrested seems a bit much. I think Roger Goodell is starting to abuse this power with the personal conduct policy.

I think Roger Godell wants to make a point that he does not approve of one of the most well known players in the nfl banging blacked-out drunk college girls in the bathroom of a college bar and then getting accused of rape for it. Plus it is not his first time being accused of something like this.
    A bit much? For bar hopping with underage drunk girls? While there were no charges, there are still a lot of things that went on that are inappropriate ... and who knows what he fessed up to when he had the discussion at the league office.

It's also possible this is a cumulative thing with the issue in Lake Tahoe.

I'll bet if it's 4-6 games, there is no appeal by the Steelers or the Players Association.

edit ... again, cliffy and I are in agreement ... aside for whom we cheer for, this happens often ... if he were a sox fan, we'd be bff's.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    jimed14 wrote:
    A bit much? For bar hopping with underage drunk girls? While there were no charges, there are still a lot of things that went on that are inappropriate ... and who knows what he fessed up to when he had the discussion at the league office.

It's also possible this is a cumulative thing with the issue in Lake Tahoe.

I'll bet if it's 4-6 games, there is no appeal by the Steelers or the Players Association.

edit ... again, cliffy and I are in agreement ... aside for whom we cheer for, this happens often ... if he were a sox fan, we'd be bff's.

Haha, I was going to say the same thing. We agree wayyy to much for our baseball affiliations.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    I think Roger Goodell is starting to abuse this power with the personal conduct policy.
    Art Rooney II stated earlier that if the NFL didn't punish Ben the team would, so it's not really about Roger Goodell. It's more about controlling public perception - the NFL can't control everything its players do off the field, but if it gives the impression that it's willing to punish offenders fans will be pacified. Which we are, for the most part.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,021
    6 Games pending a "behavioural evaluation" upon reveiw could be reduced to 4.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    6 games but there's this

NFL suspended Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger six games for violating the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

Commissioner Roger Goodell informed Roethlisberger that he's subject to "comprehensive behavioral evaluation" over the next few months, with the possibility of the ban being reduced should Big Ben meet the league's conduct standards. Roethlisberger will definitely not be eligible to play before Week 5. He'll remain on the trade block Thursday through Saturday.

so if he doesn't attack another girl for a month, he's suddenly an angel?? what a fucking joke professional sports has become :roll:
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069

I would think this is if this was the first time for Roethlisberger, but this isn't an isolated incident. He's already been accused of the same thing once before. Then you have the bathroom incident which, while not charged with a crime, just goes to show that perhaps the first time wasn't so isolated, and there was another girl who came forward and has said a similar incident happened to her. And while he hasn't been charged, he's still facing a civil suit with the first incident and, most likely, will face another civil suit with the second one. I think the NFL did the right thing, and I think the punishment is spot-on.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • I hope they trade him. I never really followed football but since I've been in Colorado I somehow fell in with the Steelers crowd (you guys are everywhere!!) and so I've been cheering for them for 5 years now. I'm going to have a hard time cheering for the offense if that jerk is out on the field. :evil:
    I hope they trade him. I never really followed football but since I've been in Colorado I somehow fell in with the Steelers crowd (you guys are everywhere!!) and so I've been cheering for them for 5 years now. I'm going to have a hard time cheering for the offense if that jerk is out on the field. :evil:

Read an article yesterday (Peter King, SI) that said this is the overwhelming feeling of Steelers fans ... in that same article, King felt the Steelers would keep Ben, but ... sure ain't looking that way now.

Also, this talk of trade could be a PR thing for the fans, so Steeler's management can say, "hey, we tried to trade him ... there were no takers."

• jimed14 wrote:
    I hope they trade him. I never really followed football but since I've been in Colorado I somehow fell in with the Steelers crowd (you guys are everywhere!!) and so I've been cheering for them for 5 years now. I'm going to have a hard time cheering for the offense if that jerk is out on the field. :evil:

Read an article yesterday (Peter King, SI) that said this is the overwhelming feeling of Steelers fans ... in that same article, King felt the Steelers would keep Ben, but ... sure ain't looking that way now.

Also, this talk of trade could be a PR thing for the fans, so Steeler's management can say, "hey, we tried to trade him ... there were no takers."

Yeah, absolutely. Most of the people I watch games with grew up in Pittsburgh and looking at their Facebook posts the past few days , they all want him gone.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    jimed14 wrote:

I don't know exactly why, but athletes screwing up (even on teams I am a fan of) doesn't really bother me in the least bit... I'm under no illusion that these athletes are great people... sure, most are decent, but like any profession, there are assholes out there (and the percentages probably raises with salary).

I'm a fan of the Steelers, but I could care less about trading Roethlisberger... I watch games to see great athletes perform and entertain me... If they are good people, then it's an added bonus, but in the end I just want to see them play.

In sports for some reason we hold them to a higher standard than most other professions.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln