Life Wasted is better than anything off Backspacer

13»

Comments

• I might even take any song head to head on Avocado over Backspacer
  • inlet13inlet13 Posts: 1,979
    MrSmith wrote:
    what the hell are you talking about? are you really gonna say that an album's salesis the best indicator of quality? what are you smoking? do you think the Backstreet Boys are the epitome of great music? i said i dont care about an album's popularity with "the public". that has nothing to do with my "approach" or saying my opinion is better than everyone else's. i dont give a rat's ass and wouldn't be stupid enough to claim that because an album sold more copies that its superior and every one who thinks otherwise is wrong..

I simply said an album sales shows that an album is more or less relevant by definition. Do I think the Back Street boys are the epitome of great music? Hell no. But, would I admit at the time when they existed they were the more relevant than the 'Up Street Boys' (or some other all male pop-group I've never heard of) in pop music? Yes... why? Cause they were. I think the Beatles were one of the most relevant bands of all time, and that is reflected in sales. I think PJ is one of the most relevant rock bands right now, and sales reflect that.

You were the one who used the word irrelevant... and I said an album sales show relevance, cause IMHO they do.
    MrSmith wrote:
    like i said, most of us are smart enough to realize the public's favorite albums are completely irrelevent (TO FORMING OUR OPINION). sales shouldnt play into it.

the last part "to forming your opinion" was left out before. I agree that public's favorite albums shouldn't come into play when forming an opinion. Generally, I'd argue, that forming an individual opinion happens before the public generates a 'favorite' though.
    Here's a new demo called "in the fire":

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" - In the Fire (demo)</a> by <a href="
  • Honestly...I'd take just about any song off of Backspacer over Life Wasted.

I mean, it's a decent song, but cant go with you here.
    Borgata II, Philly 05, ER 1 06, ER 2 06, Camden I 08, MSG I 08, MSG II 08, Mansfield II 08, EV 1 NYC, EV NJPAC

Hard To Imagine
  • NO WAY
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    So I'm sitting here hummin the chorus, and every time I try to think of a verse, all's i can recall is the verse to WWS!!! Seriously, no recollection of the song here.... but I do recall that 4-chord fade out jam, yeah, that's pretty kickin.

Reprise I got, but the bulb just won't flick on for Life Wasted.

I'll stick with Backspacer, in my opinion, just an overall vibe I'm waaaaay happier with, even "The End" is spot on going THAT way....
    [sic] happens
  • TT8270TT8270 Posts: 429
    Amongst The Waves is the best PJ song since Light Years. Riot Act & S/T are surprisingly weak and can't stand the test of time. Same with Backspacer, except for ATW of course.
    134xxx
    Soundgarden - 1996-10-15
    Pearl Jam - 2000-06-30
    Fugazi - 2000-10-10
    The Mars Volta - 2003-03-24
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    thats what i was thinking when i was blasting Life Wasted in my car before....the last chorus and guitar solo made me want to drive fast!!!

rearview mirror has, since 93, made me want to drive fast and sing loud 8-)

and if we are telling, for me
    Marker In The Sand is the best song on Avocado and I just really need to see it live now. I mean I can picture Eddie dancing and doing that loose cool part at the end
    "God, what do you say"............. ..............
    Calling out......... ........... na na na na He's a very nice dancer :)
    please KC or Hartford, come on God, what do you say?