TM Paperless tickets

2»

Comments

• Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    I went to a show this weekend that used paperless tickets. it sucks on all levels!

I want my ticket stub, I want the chance to unload my tickets if something comes up last minute... I hope this falls by the wayside and fast!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    For regular season hockey game ticket's, I don't mind if they go paperless tickets. But for rock show's, especially Pearl Jam show's, I want my ticket stub.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    adspj wrote:
    I want the chance to unload my tickets if something comes up last minute... I hope this falls by the wayside and fast!

plain and simple.

another guy wrote about wanting his ticket stub.... another good reason.

maybe if everyone quit trying to make things better in the world, it would just be better.

rotary dial phone and fucking 3, 5, and 9. i want it back.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I have done it for The Who and Metallica.

For those talking about ticket stubs ... although I didn't get a ticket stub the machine that swiped the card didn't print out a piece of paper that had the band name, date and for Metallica seat location that has gone in my stub collection.

The slight problem I had for The Who, which was GA, it was a friend who had bought my ticket (tickets were limited to 2 per person) and I had to wait for my friend before I could go in. If it was normal tickets I could have gotten this from my friend before hand and gone in with my other friends who were going to the show. But it was a small club show that would definitely have had a lot of touting (scalping) if not for paperless tickets and I saw none ... and I was stood outside for quite a while.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I suppose it's not much different than the process for 10C tickets.

There's pros and cons for this system (like anything else!)
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    paperless tickets are a bloody scam by ticketmaster. Yes you can resell them but the only way is through Ticketmaster and their site and guess who charges you to do it. Just another way to screw over the public and make money.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    Horse2345 wrote:
    paperless tickets are a bloody scam by ticketmaster. Yes you can resell them but the only way is through Ticketmaster and their site and guess who charges you to do it. Just another way to screw over the public and make money.

ever visited stubhub?

the people who have to resell paperless tickets are a huge minority, at best. the trade off is that you stop someone from the other side of the country from trying/buying for tickets to ANY hot show that they never plan on even going to but only to buy to resell them at a huge profit(etickets or actual tickets mailed) ugh
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    I don't understand this obsession with ticket stubs. Someone please explain it to me.