Options

Concert bathroom break songs

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    depends where the show is.
    In the US i was taking a piss break due to the pre party drinking, and that was usually even flow, and i was back before the solo.
    Europe with the line ups is different, but once you are in, you might not to get off the barrier, if you do, do it early.
    At the Sydney show last year, i spent 6 hours in line or more in 43c 100f + temps, 6 hours on the rail drank about 5 litres or more of water all day, and only went before i went in the gates. Did not need to go after the show. Despite huge water consumption, it as a good sign of dehydration.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    sweet sweet front-row-spot-saving-dehydration...
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Yield151 wrote:
    Forget encore break, the womens restroom is always packed.

You should do like some brave lasses in Philly... just go to the men's room. :)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    doompony wrote:
    sweet sweet front-row-spot-saving-dehydration...

I'll second that. I've never peed during a PJ concert in my life. There are some things you just need to make adjustments for. Fluid intake is one of those things.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pissing during a concert is an entirely american concept. I'll never understand how someone cannot hold their pee in for 2 to 3 hours...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Nittany1bnNittany1bn Near Philadelphia Posts: 214
    i could hold it if i had too, but i go during elderly woman or betterman...seen them too many times, so i go just to skip 'em. evenflow is a different story...i've seen it every time, but mike just goes off, can't miss that
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i made it 4 shows w/o a break...then chicago 2 last year ed played no more. i could have held it. but i saw my chance.

austin city limits right before pj came out i filled up an empty water jug...then everyone surged towards the stage so i must apologize to anyone that found my jug

philly 4 i went during evenflow..knew it was gonna be a long show
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    To date the song was Even Flow (the name says it all!). However, my 2010 piss break song will be Just Breathe! I would be happy never hearing this song ever again, actually.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Elderly Woman

This song sounds the same no matter what.
    Crowd yells and screams and I go pee and get more beers.
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    legates54 wrote:
    I pee in a cup and set it beneath my seat

I call BS, but funny regaurdless.
    unfortunately this is probably true. my friend does the same thing during PJ concerts. He refuses to leave to go on a bathroom break and is usually wasted so he doesn't give a shit. Pisses in a cup. I have to pay attention because I've been to a bunch of shows with him. The last one I went to I got excited for 'Breathe' and started shaking him....little did I know he was pissing. Well he pissed on the person in front of him :roll: :? :lol: terrible, yet kinda funny. needless to say they didn't notice, they thought it was beer. needless to say that is the last PJ show I sit next to him at
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    I'd just pee on the feet of the people walking past heading to the bathroom...
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    No songs! I pee BEFORE the show starts,
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    this just reminded me..i got pissed on during can't keep in columbia. the first song i feel a wetness on the back of my legs. turned around and yep..
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Papa Don't Preach
    like a virgin
    material girl

Who the HELL leaves to go pee during "PAPA DON'T PREACH", call yourself a fan....
  • Options
    This all reminds me of my U2 experience this year. Waiting in the GA line starting at 2, my friend had had a few to many, and didn't want to leave his spot when the mad rush came. So he decides hes gonna pee in a bottle. Ends up over filling the bottle and peeing on the guys feet in front of him. One of the funniest things ive ever seen
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    TheVan218 wrote:
    Unless I feel like my bladder is going to rupture inside of me, I paid for the ticket, I'm watching my favorite band.
    The thread was over after the first reply. You don't take piss breaks during a PJ show for fuck's sakes! :evil:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    I'll have spare nappies with me for those braving the all-day rail experience at Werchter!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    bathroom breaks are for the weak..... the only time you should leave the position, is to get 4 more beers!!
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    MrSmith wrote:
    i could never imagine going to so many shows that Even Flow becomes boring to watch. when they play it, its so much more than a song. its a showcase

Even Flow is definitely the song I'll go to the bathroom for if I have to pee. I never really liked this song even before I started seeing PJ live, and it's a long song so I know I can usually make it back by the end of the solo.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I'll go before the show.
    I'll go after the opener.

But sure as hell not missing anything during the show!! I want as much PJ as humanly possible!
    There are no songs that warrant bathroom breaks for me!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    I'll go before the show.
    I'll go after the opener.

But sure as hell not missing anything during the show!! I want as much PJ as humanly possible!
    There are no songs that warrant bathroom breaks for me!

I do the same thing. Although it didn't help at Philly 3. I had to piss so bad and I was sweating so bad from rocking out so much that I thought I pissed myself at one point. Would have been well worth it.
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Options
    MF151004MF151004 Posts: 31
    ELDERLY WOMAN, EVERY SHOW..i'd wish they would stop playing it but then I'd pee my pants
    Dodge Music Center - Oct 02, 1996,Great Woods Center - Sep 15, 1998,Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000,Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003,Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003,Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008,Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008,Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004,TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006,TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006,United Center - Aug 23, 2009
  • Options
    AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    I agree with the no bathroom breaks thing, just float out of the place when the show is over, lol.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • Options
    why not take a piss during the first break? is it really that difficult?
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:

Yesit is that difficult. I need to stay there and cheer/chant loudly until they come back for the encore...........duh
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:

Yesit is that difficult. I need to stay there and cheer/chant loudly until they come back for the encore...........duh
    heh i just dont look at it as a first encore anymore. its a break. the second one is an encore to me!

have they ever played one set and left? i would hate to be at that show!
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,085
    Fuck all the not drinking at PJ so I don't have to pee posts! I prefer to drink heavily, and yes at some point a dudes gotta piss. First break usually works. If not Evenflow, Jeremy, Betterman, Last Kiss, any of these won't make me lose sleep over missing.
  • Options
    GrimblissGrimbliss Posts: 32
    Abe Froman wrote:
    Fuck all the not drinking at PJ so I don't have to pee posts! I prefer to drink heavily, and yes at some point a dudes gotta piss. First break usually works. If not Evenflow, Jeremy, Betterman, Last Kiss, any of these won't make me lose sleep over missing.

Thank you. Especially all these "How dare you miss any PJ song to piss" posts. I'm pretty sure everyone here is a huge PJ fan, so get over yourselves. Apparently some people don't realize that when you drink a lot..... you piss! It happens. It doesn't make you a lesser fan. Yes, I would prefer to not miss any minute of the entire 2-3 hour set.... but when you've been drinking all day that's asking a lot.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    old people...pff
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MF151004MF151004 Posts: 31
    I love Pearl Jam but seriously, do you all really like every single song as much as the next to not take a piss? At least you know how long you have if you pick a song you've heard a :roll: million times
    Dodge Music Center - Oct 02, 1996,Great Woods Center - Sep 15, 1998,Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000,Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003,Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003,Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008,Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008,Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004,TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006,TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006,United Center - Aug 23, 2009