Options

Concert bathroom break songs

Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
edited April 2011 in The Porch
So it never fails - always have to make at least 2 bathroom breaks during a show. Forget encore break, the womens restroom is always packed. What are your bathroom break songs?

My 3 are
last kiss
evenflow
Johnny guitar

What about you?

As an added note : I love all pearl jam songs - and can hear them from the restroom so it's not that I am missing out on the song, I just tend to hear them often and know I will most likely catch em again at the next show.

ALL PEARL JAM SONGS ROCK, but sometimes a girl has got to pee :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TheVan218TheVan218 Posts: 302
    Unless I feel like my bladder is going to rupture inside of me, I paid for the ticket, I'm watching my favorite band.

Now whether or not this viewpoint will change after my first shows, will remain to be seen.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    For me:

Evenflow
    Alive
    Elderly Woman

Usually only take one, MAYBE two bathroom breaks during the show and try to get there and back during the encore breaks, but if I have to go, it will be during these staples.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    i dont pee at shows!

but if Speed of Sound comes on i might rethink that.
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    fuck the bathroom....i wear a bigg ass diaper so i don't miss shit..while i'm taking one :mrgreen:
  • Options
    i found out at ACL i can hold it for 12 hours if i dont drink. i'll piss red but its worth it for the front row!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Papa Don't Preach
    like a virgin
    material girl
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    in_the_mudin_the_mud Calgary AB Posts: 492
    I don't drink @ shows so I don't need to go to pee. I don't wanna miss anything.
    And anyway, there's no such songs for me, sorry.
    Warsaw 96/11/01 ; Katowice 00/06/15, Katowice 00/06/16 ; Chicago 03/06/18 ; Chicago 06/05/16 ; Chicago 06/05/17 ; Chicago 07/08/05 ; Boston 08/06/30 ; Philadelphia 09/10/27 ; New York 10/05/20 ; New York 10/05/21 ; Alpine Valley 11/09/03 ; Alpine Valley 11/09/04 ; Wrigley Field 13/07/19 ; Pittsburgh 13/10/11 ; St.Louis 14/10/03
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Don't believe in bathroom breaks unless it hurts and there's nothing I can think of PJ playing that would make me go. I don't get to that many gigs so I guess pissing my pants at PJ wouldn't be the worst thing to happen in my lifetime? :think:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I started this thread about a month ago and it wad locked on me. Evenflow is mine.
  • Options
    legates54legates54 Posts: 72
    I pee in a cup and set it beneath my seat
    Dream the dreams of other men...You will be no ones rival

28 times and rocked them all
  • Options
    never leave to piss, just hold it in
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    legates54 wrote:
    I pee in a cup and set it beneath my seat

I call BS, but funny regaurdless.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    It actually amazes me with all the bitching and moaning about not enough tour dates, not playing near enough to your home town or even in your country that anyone would want to miss a second of a PJ gig and especially after the difficulty that some of us have getting or affording tickets. You crazies confuse the hell out of me? :crazy:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    While I HATE having to hit the bathroom during a show and hate missing ANY song.
    The three that come to mind right now:

Jeremy (Zzzzzz...heard waaay too many times and I'm pretty sure the band doesn't even want to play it)
    Last Kiss (Just not a good song live. Short song too, so you gotta run! :lol: )
    Even Flow (Again, seen it at every PJ show I've been to. It's just kind of boring live anymore)

I guess I also wouldn't mind missing a song like Deep (Not a good song in the first place)
  • Options
    i could never imagine going to so many shows that Even Flow becomes boring to watch. when they play it, its so much more than a song. its a showcase
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    I'm with everyone else, never go to the bathroom during a PJ show unless absolutely necessary! I try and go before the show, not during. You can hold it in for a few hours right?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Ummm, closing notes of YL?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yield151Yield151 Posts: 267
    Guess I have a weak bladder..... I have seriously been thinking about wearing depends to the next show - and btw sometimes us girls have other nature calls issues and in those instances - you don't have much of a choice
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    daughter

i timed this perfectly right as the beer vendors were closing back at the garden 08 shows
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    ok,how old are some of u??80?90?..and u cant hold 2-3 hours?i cant imagine if u come to europe shows, if u get in the venue,with 10c tix,no toilet after...so in euro show if i see someone piss his pans i must think he is American :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    ok,how old are some of u??80?90?..and u cant hold 2-3 hours?i cant imagine if u come to europe shows, if u get in the venue,with 10c tix,no toilet after...so in euro show if i see someone piss his pans i must think he is American :lol:
    well me personally if i was to ever to go to europe for a concert i wouldn't drink before the concert or i'd just hold it and make a mad dash for the bathroom right as ylb ends :lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Papa Don't Preach
    like a virgin
    material girl

Right on.....just don't go pee during Like a Prayer.

But yeah....at Pearl Jam...I ain't leavin my seat.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • Options
    betterman. i can make it back in time for the end if there's a save it for later tag.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    well me personally if i was to ever to go to europe for a concert i wouldn't drink before the concert or i'd just hold it and make a mad dash for the bathroom right as ylb ends :lol::lol:
    i drink always at the day before,we have the meetings,but the day of the show,i go early in the morning to the venue ,so i try not to drink all day,i go to toilet before the doors open,around 17:00.and from there.nothing....if u go to toilet,,u will be away from stage...and during the show,moving,jumping its ok.u forget all :D
  • Options
    airblue1airblue1 Posts: 401
    I wear Depends
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    TheVan218 wrote:
    Unless I feel like my bladder is going to rupture inside of me, I paid for the ticket, I'm watching my favorite band.

Now whether or not this viewpoint will change after my first shows, will remain to be seen.
    Exactly. Plus, I'm blessed with an awesome bladder, so I usually have no problem holding it. I'd rather not have some jerk come and steal my seat while I'm gone either, because I've wound up standing for the rest of shows because of that.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I have never left my seat/position to go pee during ;) a PJ show. They don't visit us often enough in Australia and I want to be there for every song they do. For that reason, once I've found my seat or position in ga I worm my way out to the toilets before the show starts and get it over and done with so I can enjoy the show without having to worry about peeing during any of the songs. Especially in ga it's extremely hard to get a position back towards the front once the concert has started, I'm just not prepared to risk going out and losing my place.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    despite jitters about it and intensive training with ziggy and dunky, i didn't even think about needing to pee in aucks. good thing too cuz i would never have been able to get back into the front row. and i agree with all the sentiments of "you shouldn't leave during any song muthabitches!"

i got pulverised during some fast songs at my first show and had to escape to get water. i'll never forgive myself for missing immortality.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Yeah, OMG who the hell leaves a gig like PJ to go pee?!?! You hold on, stop drinking liquid at 9am, dehydrate yourself like crazy coz I'm sure as hell not missing a single song at a big concert! I dunno, has never really been an issue for me, especially when you get up the front I guess you sweat any liquid out or it's just all too exciting or something.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Yeah, OMG who the hell leaves a gig like PJ to go pee?!?!
    Americans...they are sensitive with their "birds"