Ten club ticket question?

13»

Comments

• blah
    blah
    blah.....

one tour......give the new people a chance to sit up front......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • blah
    blah
    blah.....

one tour......give the new people a chance to sit up front......

especially to help the scalpers who just join up!

ask larry mullen how it went ! LMAO
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    terrible annalogy for like 10 reasons. You are equating a lifetime of hard work working your way up and being rewarded for that and your skill set with sitting on your ass and writing a tiny check once per year. The rediculousness of this just boggles the mind... CEOs are purely seniority based now? Some lazy peice of sh!t is not going to become CEO no matter how long he works there.

i get what you mean about my analogy, but i'm more equating a newbie with a vested. those who have supported the band for many years should be rewarded. this is not my idea, it's the BAND"S idea. and it's not my fault people were too young or not born or too lazy to keep up, just as many claim it's not their fault i'm older and got in early...

plus, most people speak about this as if everyone with a number under 100k go to every show and so nobody ever has a chance to move up any. i've only been able to catch three or four shows per tour (98, 00, 03...didnt get ANY in 06). if i hit 20 a tour, i'd be happy to share the wealth. the fact is that isn't how most people see the band. it's a small number of shows per tour for most of us, especially now that we're older and don't have college-boy, single, non-parental, jobs-we-don't-care-about kind of time to follow the band anymore. why do you think it's fair to screw somebody like that out of the few and far between chances to be rewarded the way THE BAND thinks they should be?

seniority is how life works in many areas, not just this fan club. like somebody said before, should i be pissed at people who were around to see the beatles or something simply because i wasn't born yet? should i have the right to go back and buy microsoft stock at 1985 prices because i was in middle school then? should i be pissed at a guy who works at the same company as me, same job, but has been doing it for 15 years longer than me and has achieved a higher pay scale? same thing, imho. not a good way to go through life....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,959
    This would be fine if this line applied to one show. but it applies to every show forever and ever. thats a pretty sweet line. Therefore it does not equate to a line at a store in any way.

think of it as one long line and your number is your place in line

doesnt matter that it applies forever and ever and for every show
    you cant cut it, thats the point
  • dangerboy wrote:
    i get what you mean about my analogy, but i'm more equating a newbie with a vested. those who have supported the band for many years should be rewarded. this is not my idea, it's the BAND"S idea. and it's not my fault people were too young or not born or too lazy to keep up, just as many claim it's not their fault i'm older and got in early...

plus, most people speak about this as if everyone with a number under 100k go to every show and so nobody ever has a chance to move up any. i've only been able to catch three or four shows per tour (98, 00, 03...didnt get ANY in 06). if i hit 20 a tour, i'd be happy to share the wealth. the fact is that isn't how most people see the band. it's a small number of shows per tour for most of us, especially now that we're older and don't have college-boy, single, non-parental, jobs-we-don't-care-about kind of time to follow the band anymore. why do you think it's fair to screw somebody like that out of the few and far between chances to be rewarded the way THE BAND thinks they should be?

seniority is how life works in many areas, not just this fan club. like somebody said before, should i be pissed at people who were around to see the beatles or something simply because i wasn't born yet? should i have the right to go back and buy microsoft stock at 1985 prices because i was in middle school then? should i be pissed at a guy who works at the same company as me, same job, but has been doing it for 15 years longer than me and has achieved a higher pay scale? same thing, imho. not a good way to go through life....

I "love" the MSFT annalogy. Now that was a good one! I hear everything you are saying and I dont think people should loose their seniority. I just think that a little randomness for maybe 10-20% of the seats would not push people back much and would go a long way to aleviating the dispair of not having a good number.
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    front row center is the most amazing experience.....ever!
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,959
    laudenum wrote:

yeah but left side is where the action is

MM

:)
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    mike does tweek things up a bit
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I get the concept of senority has its privileges. I have to wonder if the people that don't get it, are people that still wander around saying "that's not fair" about everything. Life's not fair. Get over it.

I have a high number and I don't give a shit where I sit. The worst seat will be the one in the parking lot. As long as I'm inside the building, I am good.
    I "love" the MSFT annalogy. Now that was a good one! I hear everything you are saying and I dont think people should loose their seniority. I just think that a little randomness for maybe 10-20% of the seats would not push people back much and would go a long way to aleviating the dispair of not having a good number.

and i agree with you. i've hooked up newbies to front row more than once. 00 and 03, at more than one of the four shows each tour i went to. but, alas, i am selfish. i'd be in favor of some percentage of random draw if, say, it didn't include slighting the seniority of someone going to maybe 5 shows or less...

but that's me. advocating for me. damn human nature. doh!

• PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    BeerBaron wrote:
    If that is actually true, it is wrong.

But from what I have heard, they will be lenient about a 6 month lapse tops and then you lose your number.

My lapsed back in the day for a few months and I am glad I kept my number but if people have had their number lapse for even 2 or 3 years (let alone 10 years), they should not get their old number back.

That's my $0.02 anyway.
    not only that happened..but people that joined for the first time later than others have lower numbers...because if you ordered some shit, you were assigned a number, that you kept if you later joined the 10c..
    the seniority order has some big holes in it..
    dangerboy wrote:
    think about where you work. should a newly hired entry-level employee make as much as a guy who has been working there for 15 years? should the payroll department cut a bunch of checks, then put them in a bowl and randomly pass them out? hey, isn't it only fair that once in a while the newbie gets to take home the CEO's check?
    well, if 2 people are doing the exact same job, they should be paid the exact same thing.. THAT's fair...the people that say the opposite are the same that think that paying less a woman or an ethnic minority person is ok..
    laudenum wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    yeah but left side is where the action is

MM

:)
    true! front of ED is not the best place.. between Mike and Ed, or front of Mike..awesome...actually, front of Stone has advantages: you can take both Mike and Ed in 1 look, no need to do tennis-watching ;)..and sometimes Stone is a lot of fun too!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,913
    I get the concept of senority has its privileges. I have to wonder if the people that don't get it, are people that still wander around saying "that's not fair" about everything. Life's not fair. Get over it.

I have a high number and I don't give a shit where I sit. The worst seat will be the one in the parking lot. As long as I'm inside the building, I am good.

well put,...the concept of "me" before "we" always seems to be prevalent in these types of threads,...a 10C membership is not a right, individual great seats at a PJ concert aren't a right, and the 10C owes us nothing,...some take, take, take what the 10C gives only to demand more in return,...we should all be happy to share in the experience of a concert together,...be thankful to be there, in the moment, whether it's 1000 people at the Vic or 18,000 at an arena, together enjoying music with the band, for music's sake,...the 10C saw this coming YEARS ago, see my quote below, they can't satisfy each and every one of us, but i'm one of those that they have taken care of and i'll always be appreciative,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • and IF it was pearl jam's last tour ever that would go over real well for the longtime fans...

That would be the perfect time to switch things up then. Do some crazy switching, make it interesting. :D

Myself I could care less where my seats are from here on out.
  • fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
    dangerboy wrote:
    think about where you work. should a newly hired entry-level employee make as much as a guy who has been working there for 15 years? should the payroll department cut a bunch of checks, then put them in a bowl and randomly pass them out? hey, isn't it only fair that once in a while the newbie gets to take home the CEO's check?

That analogy is crap. I am a firefighter. I get paid more because I have more experience than a prob. In a few years they will get paid the same as me, they have the chance to IMPROVE. Unlike this archaic ticket system.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,913
    fyreguy73 wrote:
    That analogy is crap. I am a firefighter. I get paid more because I have more experience than a prob. In a few years they will get paid the same as me, they have the chance to IMPROVE. Unlike this archaic ticket system.

in terms of "improving", as new membership numbers come into the equation, don't older numbers benefit, regardless of the number itself?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    see my quote below, they can't satisfy each and every one of us, but i'm one of those that they have taken care of and i'll always be appreciative,...[/quote]

But they can satisfy all of us, if they put in a random draw. In the US you mite be able to see Pj all the time, during world tours, small concerts or benefits. I live in Australia, where the only time I get to see them is when they do a world tour. They mite play a few concerts around the country but you cant go to all of them because of work, family or funds. I cant see why 10c dont random draw, keep everyone happy, not just a self-named elite few, so called seniors. I am not asking for front row every time they come to Australia just once would be nice. How many times in one tour can you sit up-front.

And if sitting way back so pj look like ants isn't so bad why don't you try it and I'll sit up front for a change.

and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
    100 Pacer wrote:
    in terms of "improving", as new membership numbers come into the equation, don't older numbers benefit, regardless of the number itself?

That will only apply if the numbers in front don't renew their membership, then the higher numbers will technically be lower. But if these members have been so since 92, I cant see them letting it go.

and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
    fyreguy73 wrote:

...and, as you stay in the 10c over time, and keep paying your dues, more and more people will drop out and you will have earned the opportunity to move up in the club. IMPROVING your position in line.

i wonder if the 10c will ever again tell us how many people are in the 10c by country.

oh, and you're in australia? am i under the false impression that there are many fewer members there, and that people even with high numbers get awesome seats?