Ten club ticket question?

Comments

• I so enjoy when you rock the boat. :D LOL
    i just think it would be a cool gesture on the bands part....

seriously....these new members will never fucking ever have a chance to be up close......

i say fuck it......for one tour...

give them the chance......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966

seriously....these new members will never fucking ever have a chance to be up close......

nice gesture............

my number sucks, but i still leave every show sweating and with no voice. and i love it.
  • i just think it would be a cool gesture on the bands part....

As I said before nothing wrong with a little change. :)
  • As I said before nothing wrong with a little change. :)
    Yeah....I say put people with numbers between 210xxx and 220xxx in the front row!!!!!:)

Boy...if they reverse the order....you'd see a ton of people getting "new" memberships!!!
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,309
    as i always state when this conversation comes up (which is fairly often), i never got to see jimi hendrix live. am i bitter?? yeah. fucking sucks! but oh well. that's just how it goes. i was too young (aka, not alive) to see him. if you were to young (or not alive) to join back in the day, i'm sorry. PJ still plays, and 10club seats are always decent, at a minimum. for those of you that didn't sign up out of stupidity or for some other reason, oh well again. there is no true fair way to do it other than by seniority. and this is coming from a dumbass that had a membership in '94, let it lapse for 6 years, and re-signed up in early 2000. so i fucked myself, but will not bitch. shit happens. just enjoy the show, and you will move up over time.

plus, i've still gotten amazing seats with my 192xxx number. 5th row, 7th row a couple times, 9th row, etc. its always gravy no matter what. enjoy the music.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Yeah....I say put people with numbers between 210xxx and 220xxx in the front row!!!!!:)

Just for Alpine Valley they should do that. hehehe :D
  • Just for Alpine Valley they should do that. hehehe :D
    works for me.....I'm ALWAYS at Alpine and it's overdue!!!
  • I so enjoy when you rock the boat. :D LOL
    every time this topic comes up you here the people say....

"ive been a member 15 years...why should i have to give up my seats.....its senority and thats just the way it is.....blah blah blah......

this 10club membership we all have doesnt guarantee a fucking thing as far as tickets go.....they say they will try there best to get the best seats....

i say for one tour give the seats to the new folks.....
  • fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
    I don't understand the mentality of people. You say it is your right to sit up front because you joined earlier then me. What a load of shit. Maybe I couldnt join for several reasons, my bad luck maybe, but why should the same people sit upfront all the time. This is what is wrong with the world today, people only think about themselves and what will benefit them.

If I was a lower number and had seen the band a few times, sitting in the front row I wouldnt have a problem with letting some of the younger members have a go upfront, or having a random draw. This is called being fair.

I thought America was built on a democracy, funny how that goes out the window when it is personal.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • And Tom Petty just announced their 2008 summer tour......PJ, you're up.
  • actually for the next tour i wouldnt mind.....

if they just randomly distributed the tickets......

meaning every member has a chance at the 1st 5-10 rows....

why not??? it would make a lot of newer members happy.....

and again...they could give me tickets across the street from the venue in the burger king parking lot.....and i would be ok with it.....
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    If you want better seats go to the out of the way venues. Like mid-west vs. east or west coast. Or hit Canada if they tour there again. The more effort it took to get to the venue the better my seats got. I saw the last 5 shows on the 05 Canadian tour, by Halifax I was in the 11th row, by St. John's 5th row, but so many seats were empty I sat (stood) in the 3rd.
    P.S. It was like a 12 hr ferry ride, then 7 hr drive between Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

And in '06 on the East coast in NY CT and NJ the band looked like a flea circus I was so far away w/my 10C seats but in St. Paul I was right up front.
  • actually for the next tour i wouldnt mind.....

if they just randomly distributed the tickets......

meaning every member has a chance at the 1st 5-10 rows....

why not??? it would make a lot of newer members happy.....

and again...they could give me tickets across the street from the venue in the burger king parking lot.....and i would be ok with it.....

I think this complete seniority thing does kind of stink. But you have to admit under your plan... with total randomness, there is no penalty for just joining up every tour and then letting it lapse till the next album comes out. That would be kind of annoying for those who pay their dues year in and year out. I do think that it should not be all set in stone though. Like give 80% of the front row by seniority, and the second the same ect all the way back. Then do the rest randomly. At least that would give some hope for a suprise and still give seniority to those who have paid for 15 years straight.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533

nahhh
    i should get rewarded for my longevity ( not to mention the money spent)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    you'll never get me to agree i wan't to keep my seats for all the shows i decide to attend so SPEEDY i don't give a rats ass about who is complaining ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • you'll never get me to agree i wan't to keep my seats for all the shows i decide to attend so SPEEDY i don't give a rats ass about who is complaining ...
    hehehehehehehe.............

and when they do the random seating....

i hope you end up with stalls 3 and 4 in the mens john on the 3rd floor behind the stage.......hehehehehehehehe
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    hehehehehehehe.............

and when they do the random seating....

i hope you end up with stalls 3 and 4 in the mens john on the 3rd floor behind the stage.......hehehehehehehehe

that will only be for the cincy show and then i will rip the stalls right off the walls you can have another flood he he he he ...:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,960
    that will only be for the cincy show and then i will rip the stalls right off the walls you can have another flood he he he he ...:D
    now thats funny!

Seriously, not this debate again.
    It would be nice if a few "newbies" got to sit up front.
    A few pairs in the first few rows for those with really high numbers would be a nice gesture-especially for hometown fans.

But senority seating is a fair system that works.
  • URthekey wrote:
    If you want better seats go to the out of the way venues. Like mid-west vs. east or west coast.

That's BS. I live in the mid-west and a majority of the shows I've seen have been here. My seats in Las Vegas were identical to my seats in Council Bluffs, IOWA. And I was further back in Champaign, ILLINOIS. And was even further back in Alpine Valley, WISCONSIN.

Couldn't tell you how St. Paul was....bought those off ebay and was in row 7....which is the closest I've ever been.

So your theory about hitting the mid-west shows because you'll be closer holds no water.
    That's BS. I live in the mid-west and a majority of the shows I've seen have been here. My seats in Las Vegas were identical to my seats in Council Bluffs, IOWA. And I was further back in Champaign, ILLINOIS. And was even further back in Alpine Valley, WISCONSIN.

Couldn't tell you how St. Paul was....bought those off ebay and was in row 7....which is the closest I've ever been.

So your theory about hitting the mid-west shows because you'll be closer holds no water.

there is no question members with higher numbers will get better seats at venues not located in the major cities.

none of those cities are "major"
    come to NY, Boston, Philly or LA and you will see what I mean. I think that is what the original poster meant
  • Get_Right wrote:
    there is no question members with higher numbers will get better seats at venues not located in the major cities.

none of those cities are "major"
    come to NY, Boston, Philly or LA and you will see what I mean. I think that is what the original poster meant

Touche :)
  • I've been reading these posts and this debate can go on and on and on. It all depends on how you look at it. If you have a high member #, it doesn't mean that you won't ever have really good seats. Not every member goes to every show. Each show is different, the whole thing about seeing the same people in the front every show is wrong. Even if it is true for a few shows, why are you paying any attention to the fans in the front rows. Aren't you there to see Pearl Jam? Isn't that why you paid for a ticket?

10c members are added and dropped every day. So if you have a high number (for example 500xxx), it doesn't mean that 499xxx members are infront of you. What people have to keep in mind is that the member number brackets change on a daily basis, and that not every member goes to every show. So your chances of getting great seats are better than you actually think they are.

What I think should be enforced better is the thing about letting people have their old numbers back after not paying for a long period of time. I knew people who had low numbers and didn't pay for like 10 years, and they just contact 10c and had their number reissued. Now, I understand not everyone has the $$$ these days, so lets give people a little time (grace period) to gather things together and come up with $20, but after that, if they can't pay the membership fee, then their number won't be reissued. This moves the number brackets up (not member numbers, but the brackets) and gives people with higher numbers that much more of a chance to get better seats for shows. Also, what ever happened to banning members for selling 10c xmas singles online?
  • pceluvpj wrote:
    Not every member goes to every show. Each show is different, the whole thing about seeing the same people in the front every show is wrong. Even if it is true for a few shows, why are you paying any attention to the fans in the front rows. Aren't you there to see Pearl Jam? Isn't that why you paid for a ticket?
    Not every 10c member is at every show? You're kidding!:)

Within a logistic area (i.e. the mid-west)...yeah, I see the same people in the front few rows at each show. It's just an observation...I don't go to see who is where. I hang out at shows....I don't just walk in, stare at the stage and walk out when it's over.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    fyreguy73 wrote:
    I don't understand the mentality of people. You say it is your right to sit up front because you joined earlier then me. What a load of shit. Maybe I couldnt join for several reasons, my bad luck maybe, but why should the same people sit upfront all the time. This is what is wrong with the world today, people only think about themselves and what will benefit them.

If I was a lower number and had seen the band a few times, sitting in the front row I wouldnt have a problem with letting some of the younger members have a go upfront, or having a random draw. This is called being fair.

I thought America was built on a democracy, funny how that goes out the window when it is personal.

think about where you work. should a newly hired entry-level employee make as much as a guy who has been working there for 15 years? should the payroll department cut a bunch of checks, then put them in a bowl and randomly pass them out? hey, isn't it only fair that once in a while the newbie gets to take home the CEO's check?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • hrd2imgn wrote:
    us old farts need to be seated closer as we don't see or hear as well any more.

next tour me and my 84xxx are taking some newbie to the front....just have to decide what kind of contest to do and way to check actual newbniess.

I think seniority is awesome as I am usually benefitting from it, but i do also think it sucks for people born later and never had the chance to join in 92-5 because they were sperm

all ten club seat are good seats, you are surrounded by the most passionate hardcore fans in the world. We whine, bitch and complain a lot yes, but our passion and love for the long song random word combo named band is unreal

I think you should totally take me.
    I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
    fyreguy73 wrote:

there is a concept called "first in time, first in right"

think of it as a line at the store, and you have no right to cut the line
    yes, there might be someone willing to let you cut, but most in line would be pissed that you did

and we have democratically decided senority works

"if I was a lower number"......is so easy to say when you are not

Id be in favor of giving the five 10C members with the highest numbers at their hometown show good seats in the first ten rows-but thats it.

I mean where you when I was paying my membership dues by mail and sitting WAY back on the floor for two tours
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    I should have joined when I became a fan, but I didn't pony up the $10 and now my member number is moderately high, so no, I've never gotten good seats. All things considered, I've actually been grateful to have gotten tickets at all because before I joined, I was consistently shut out (I blame living near Philly.)

I don't think it would be a bad thing to have a small amount of fan club tickets put aside for a random group of newer fans to make it to the front. You never know, some of them might be having a religious experience by discovering this band more recently (possibly because they simply were too young in the early nineties.)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • i just think it would be a cool gesture on the bands part....

and IF it was pearl jam's last tour ever that would go over real well for the longtime fans...
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • dangerboy wrote:
    think about where you work. should a newly hired entry-level employee make as much as a guy who has been working there for 15 years? should the payroll department cut a bunch of checks, then put them in a bowl and randomly pass them out? hey, isn't it only fair that once in a while the newbie gets to take home the CEO's check?

terrible annalogy for like 10 reasons. You are equating a lifetime of hard work working your way up and being rewarded for that and your skill set with sitting on your ass and writing a tiny check once per year. The rediculousness of this just boggles the mind... CEOs are purely seniority based now? Some lazy peice of sh!t is not going to become CEO no matter how long he works there.
  • Get_Right wrote:
    there is a concept called "first in time, first in right"

think of it as a line at the store, and you have no right to cut the line
    yes, there might be someone willing to let you cut, but most in line would be pissed that you did

and we have democratically decided senority works

"if I was a lower number"......is so easy to say when you are not

Id be in favor of giving the five 10C members with the highest numbers at their hometown show good seats in the first ten rows-but thats it.

I mean where you when I was paying my membership dues by mail and sitting WAY back on the floor for two tours

This would be fine if this line applied to one show. but it applies to every show forever and ever. thats a pretty sweet line. Therefore it does not equate to a line at a store in any way.