Ten club ticket question?

fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I know this will start some serious debate, I was just watching the "Touring fans" video and was just wondering about tickets. They show some 10c members getting really good seats, and by their reactions they mustn't have high 10c member numbers.

My questions are,

1. Have you ever got really good seats with a high 10c member number. I am asking this because I am a pitiful 404*** and can only dream of front row.

2. Do you think tickets are really random draw or do you think they go on seniority.

3. Do you think they should be random draw to give everyone a chance in their lifetime to see PJ up close.

My argument is that if long time 10c members stay members and tickets go on this seniority system, how is a new member ever get a chance to have good seats? If your definition of good seats is the first 10-20 rows.
He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Answers in order.

1. Having a low number I cannot answer your first question. However there was an instance on the last tour where they gave the ticket sout in reverse order. In otherworsd the people with the highest membership number got the best seats and vice versa.

2. They do it in order by seniority. I have alow number and have been a member since 1994 and almost always sit in the first 3 rows.

3. From a purely biased position as a long time fanclub member it should be by seniority.

4. People do drop out so no matter how high your number is there are not that many people in front of you.
  • i think the only people whining about fairness are the ones who got in line a little too late

i think it's like any other line in the world, are you going to whine because 10 people got their earlier than you? Why should they NOT be rewarded for getting there first? Why do you deserve preferential treatment because you wound up in the back?

Saying that people with high numbers deserve a special break is like saying the people in the front deserve to be sitting ON the stage at some point.

Fuck that. Deal with your tardiness, and just enjoy the damn show. You're a hell of alot closer than all the ticketmaster people who got screwed ENTIRELY out of the floor and are up in bumfuck eqypt just because YOU paid 10 bucks to pearljam.com.

So maybe we should let the non-fanclub people have the floor for a tour or 2? how about that. let's just move all the fanclub people into the rafters. Would that satisfy people more? i think it would. Whiner.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    i think the only people whining about fairness are the ones who got in line a little too late

i think it's like any other line in the world, are you going to whine because 10 people got their earlier than you? Why should they NOT be rewarded for getting there first? Why do you deserve preferential treatment because you wound up in the back?

Saying that people with high numbers deserve a special break is like saying the people in the front deserve to be sitting ON the stage at some point.

Fuck that. Deal with your tardiness, and just enjoy the damn show. You're a hell of alot closer than all the ticketmaster people who got screwed ENTIRELY out of the floor and are up in bumfuck eqypt just because YOU paid 10 bucks to pearljam.com.

So maybe we should let the non-fanclub people have the floor for a tour or 2? how about that. let's just move all the fanclub people into the rafters. Would that satisfy people more? i think it would. Whiner.
    Dude, I think you may be a Cock! What if the 404xxx is 12 years old, you douche. He asked a couple of questions. Am I bitter, you're probably asking, NO, I'm in the 106xxx's. Be nice to people and you might be able to hold onto your friends...
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • fyreguy73 wrote:
    I know this will start some serious debate, I was just watching the "Touring fans" video and was just wondering about tickets. They show some 10c members getting really good seats, and by their reactions they mustn't have high 10c member numbers.

My questions are,

1. Have you ever got really good seats with a high 10c member number. I am asking this because I am a pitiful 404*** and can only dream of front row.

Yes, for shows that not seated = General Admission. All you have to do is be a 10C member --- get 10C tickets --- show up the venue as early as possible --- camp out-- and rush to the stage when they let the fans lose!!

Otherwise, it is done by Seniority.
    "This time I'm Gone.... Long Gone..."
  • fyreguy73 wrote:

My questions are,

2. Do you think tickets are really random draw or do you think they go on seniority.

3. Do you think they should be random draw to give everyone a chance in their lifetime to see PJ up close.

My argument is that if long time 10c members stay members and tickets go on this seniority system, how is a new member ever get a chance to have good seats? If your definition of good seats is the first 10-20 rows.
    i have a high 10club #....

and there are times where i get side stage seats where i am literally 10-15 feet from the stage.....

and ill take those seats over sitting 20-30 rows back on the floor any day of the week......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • My solution to a high number 308XXX would be to see them in Europe with the general admission floor. I did that for the Munich show and got front row. That will probably be only time I get close for a show, but that's alright with me. I like the seniority based system the way it is.
    State College 5/3/03, Hershey 7/12/03, Reading 10/1/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Ottawa 9/16/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Hartford 5/13/06, Camden 5/27/06, Camden II 5/28/06, E. Rutherford 6/1/06, E. Rutherford II 6/3/06, Munich 6/12/07, Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, DC 6/22/08 - EV DC 8/16/08
  • simpleman wrote:
    Dude, I think you may be a Cock! What if the 404xxx is 12 years old, you douche. He asked a couple of questions. Am I bitter, you're probably asking, NO, I'm in the 106xxx's. Be nice to people and you might be able to hold onto your friends...

i'm not being a cock, i was stating several hypothetical questions.

Why should 404*** deserve special treatment? 100% of the venue would like to be in the front row, but they can't all fit there.

Everyone wants to be there, and some get in line sooner than others. So you either deal with it, or you don't go.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    i think the only people whining about fairness are the ones who got in line a little too late

very bad example.
    those people were there earlier THAT DAY.
    the next, YOU have a chance to show up earlier and get in front (it's exactly what happens with GA shows..every day is a new chance if you care to take it..and that's the thing, you HAVE TO care, every time, to be there..that's why the whole front rows rock their asses off, we worked for it, that very day, not just 5mn to pay a fee once a year).

but with the 100% seniority seat system, you can NEVER have a second chance.

I'm not saying get rid of seniority but at least introduce some randomness...a CHANCE, some hope, for people that were unlucky enough to only hear about the 'queue' system (fan club), the 'event' itself (PJ) later or even just happened to be born in the wrong decade..

for the original poster: the Touring Fan video is not representative..the tickets parts are in Oz (where there far less fans and higher numbers get much better seats I'm told.. I know the scene you're referring to, and I know some of the people involved.. another way, the best way, to get good seats is make friends with lower number people ;)) or Europe where it's irrelevant.
  • simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    i'm not being a cock, i was stating several hypothetical questions.

Why should 404*** deserve special treatment? 100% of the venue would like to be in the front row, but they can't all fit there.

Everyone wants to be there, and some get in line sooner than others. So you either deal with it, or you don't go.
    Sorry dude, maybe I overreacted... It was a long day today. Peace out
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • As already said I went to the Italian shows and made it up front for Torino and Pistoia. Magicial and wonderful. My number isn't super great so I likely will never be up front again but given the chance I would do it all again. :)
  • My number is 220xxx, I joined in 2000. I've had decent seats over the years and I'm happy with that. IMO sometimes people get too caught up in where their seats are. Just be happy your inside the venue seeing the best band in the land. I got so tired of all the ''where are your seats'' questions last tour. It really sucked the fun out of it sometimes. I was lucky to have the chance of being up front once in 2006. I'm very thankful for that experience. But I say this with no problem. I perfer not being way up front. It's not my cup of tea.
  • i'm not being a cock, i was stating several hypothetical questions.

easy solution... build the worlds widest stage :p EVERYONE sits front row!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    us old farts need to be seated closer as we don't see or hear as well any more.

next tour me and my 84xxx are taking some newbie to the front....just have to decide what kind of contest to do and way to check actual newbniess.

I think seniority is awesome as I am usually benefitting from it, but i do also think it sucks for people born later and never had the chance to join in 92-5 because they were sperm

all ten club seat are good seats, you are surrounded by the most passionate hardcore fans in the world. We whine, bitch and complain a lot yes, but our passion and love for the long song random word combo named band is unreal
  • hrd2imgn wrote:

next tour me and my 84xxx are taking some newbie to the front....just have to decide what kind of contest to do and way to check actual newbniess.

I think seniority is awesome as I am usually benefitting from it, but i do also think it sucks for people born later and never had the chance to join in 92-5 because they were sperm

all ten club seat are good seats, you are surrounded by the most passionate hardcore fans in the world. We whine, bitch and complain a lot yes, but our passion and love for the long song random word combo named band is unreal
    OOO OOO! im a modest 311xxx and in the chicagoland area! dont do a contest! take me! havent i always been good to you?!? :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    fyreguy73 wrote:

My questions are,

My advice is join now... The lower number 10club members will die eventually :) Don't delay....

in Aus 1998... teh 10club had two areas.... Front GA floor section with about 500 people possibly some public folk mixed in... and they also has a bunch of seats very close to the stage to cater for those that didnt want a GA experience.... So in saying that.. you are always getting the best seats with the 10club... Australia only has one show so far that is 10club, first show of each venue. unlike the US where all shows are 10club. SO it does mix it up. Maybe this should be the case everywhere so that even high numbers get to spend their time trying to buy good tickets thru the public system, giving them the chance to be in front.... there's your chance for not joining earlier right there :)

I myself am #150xxx, but everytime i've gone to see Pearl Jam, 1st night down front near stage.... the 2nd night i've had very shit seats... but i'm still there enjoying it! :) I got demoted to 2nd row centre this time.. i guess they figure that's better than front row off to the side.. which is very true! :p especially since the yanks in front were short arses :p hooray for short arses!
  • My number is 220xxx, I joined in 2000. I've had decent seats over the years and I'm happy with that. IMO sometimes people get too caught up in where their seats are. Just be happy your inside the venue seeing the best band in the land. I got so tired of all the ''where are your seats'' questions last tour. It really sucked the fun out of it sometimes. I was lucky to have the chance of being up front once in 2006. I'm very thankful for that experience. But I say this with no problem. I perfer not being way up front. It's not my cup of tea.
    i still get a laugh at how soooo many people here sneak their friends into better seats......

i didnt realize till the last tour that sneaking your friends into your row was the "in thing".......

and pretty fucking pathetic.....imo
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,913
    i still get a laugh at how soooo many people here sneak their friends into better seats......

i didnt realize till the last tour that sneaking your friends into your row was the "in thing".......

word.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I have had good seats in the past and my number is over 300,000.... advice to not let you membership lapse cuz you get bumped down I use to be 100,000 or so lower...

supposedly there was a mix up at Grand Rapids I am not sure but I had decent seats :)

the PJ Petty shows sucked cuz Petty has is own fan club to please
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    total seniority sucks............

The tickets should ultimately be based on seniority but with twists/randomized selection as well.

It would absolutely help the life of concerts..............so many people down front that don't even seem into the gig.

Old American fans need to take a lesson from fans in other countries..........show more energy to the band and the band will put it back out.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,636
    Just be happy your inside the venue seeing the best band in the land.

exactly.

i'm happy wherever the 10C puts me.
    Nice shirt.
  • i still get a laugh at how soooo many people here sneak their friends into better seats......

Yup they pack them in like sardeans. And then they have the nerve to bitch out the venue people who can clearly see there are too many people in that row. I saw that stuff last tour that made me shake my head in disgust.
  • hrd2imgn wrote:

well worded.

I have a decent number...not great but decent. I'm usually on the floor about 18-22 rows back. I would not object to 10c doing some random ticket hand-outs. Such as, giving every other row (in the first 10-15 rows) to higher numbers....or....randomly placing 10-20 higher number members in the first 10 rows or so......or.....at a minimum pick out one or two entire rows (in the front 10 rows) for higher number members, randomly selected.

How would that be for making someones day!....or year...or a thrill of a lifetime.

I think seniority is great and should not go away completly...just mix it up a little. I have to admit.....seeing the same people in the front couple rows at every show i go to is a little disappointing.

But anyway it's done....people will bitch. Which is too bad.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,913
    total seniority sucks............

The tickets should ultimately be based on seniority but with twists/randomized selection as well.

It would absolutely help the life of concerts..............so many people down front that don't even seem into the gig.

Old American fans need to take a lesson from fans in other countries..........show more energy to the band and the band will put it back out.

Grand Rapids/06 :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • i wouldnt give a rats ass if for the next tour.....

the 10club flip flopped all the seats and let the newer members sit up front....

and im not planning on going to more than 1 or 2 shows....and i dont give a fuck if i sit in the last rows.....

i just think it would be cool for the younger/newer fans/members to sit up front.....

plus it would be great to hear all the older members cry like babies....hehehehe
  • KDH12 wrote:

supposedly there was a mix up at Grand Rapids I am not sure but I had decent seats :)

Don't even get me started with the two assholes next to me at that show. On yea and they snuck their friend down by us too. So we had 4 people in three seats. Ahhhhh I try to block that show out. Yea great setlist that nite, but I wasn't feeling it. Oh well.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    i wouldnt give a rats ass if for the next tour.....

the 10club flip flopped all the seats and let the newer members sit up front....

and im not planning on going to more than 1 or 2 shows....and i dont give a fuck if i sit in the last rows.....

i just think it would be cool for the younger/newer fans/members to sit up front.....

plus it would be great to hear all the older members cry like babies....hehehehe

Exactly my point. For older members, getting moved back 10-20 rows really shouldn't be a huge deal. On the flip side, for a newer member, moving up 20 rows would be a monumental occasion. Plus then the show has some energy and everybody comes out greater because of it.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    no offense, but are you aware that you sound like a pompous asshole here? maybe its just the way you worded this...or maybe you are a pompous asshole.

www.myspace.com
  • Exactly my point. For older members, getting moved back 10-20 rows really shouldn't be a huge deal. On the flip side, for a newer member, moving up 20 rows would be a monumental occasion. Plus then the show has some energy and everybody comes out greater because of it.
    im talking about the 10club members who still sit in the rafters....

let them up front for an entire tour....

and put the members who have had front row for 15 years up in the rafters....

those first 10 rows of fans would rock those shows........
  • Exactly my point. For older members, getting moved back 10-20 rows really shouldn't be a huge deal. On the flip side, for a newer member, moving up 20 rows would be a monumental occasion. Plus then the show has some energy and everybody comes out greater because of it.

Oh people would bitch like crazy. But I like your idea. Nothing wrong with a little change.

• and put the members who have had front row for 15 years up in the rafters....

I so enjoy when you rock the boat. :D LOL