why all the hate for "last kiss"?

13»

Comments

• Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    i wish Last kiss was longer...that way i could get to the bathroom AND grab a beer before they start playing a real tune
  • Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    I like it -- then again, I like songs from that period, in general. My (oops!) now-eleven-year-old likes it. His current PJ favorites are "Black," "Daughter," "Last Kiss," "Just Breathe," "Dirty Frank," and "Bugs." 8-)

It is funny that so many people say they hate it, but in Philly everyone around us was singing their lungs out to it. :lol:

in philly everyone sings along (loudly) with every song....enough already, i know all the words, too, quiet down so i can hear the band, geez
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    homer+with+axe.gif

It's sad that there is so much hate on a PJ cover song that talks about loosing your loved one. It's just a poppy sad emotional song. And a cover song mind you. It's not written by Pearl Jam. Many fans still don't even know that it's true. Ask them & you too will be shocked with the results.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Because it sucks.

I don't like it because it's too foo foo and mushy
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,848
    I'm listening to it now for the first time in a while and I gotta admit that I don't hate it nearly as much as I did in 1999.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    The thing with it was that most of the people who bought it & made it their biggest selling single were not hardcore PJ fans & they are the ones who hate it. The people who liked Daughter, Betterman etc were the ones who bought it. And if you really listen, it just isnt PJ, way to soft & lovey dovey!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    so i'm in the bathroom at work and i hear the 60 yr old janitor singing where oh where can my baby be :lol:

swear to god
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    Ricsard wrote:
    "why all the hate for "last kiss"?"

Because Last Kiss was a hit and the great majority of the board members are terribly snobbish here

:twisted:

This is dumb.

I am not a fan of the song because it's a sappy goopy shitfest. But if i heard it at a show, I'm sure I'd be singing my ass off with the rest of them.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    so i'm in the bathroom at work and i hear the 60 yr old janitor singing where oh where can my baby be :lol:

swear to god

lol

Pearl Jam across the generations.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    I think if it was called "first kiss", it would be way more popular...... just sayin
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    it's a poor song in the pearl jam catalog imo, solidier of love was far superior, i would be happy to never see it live, however if i do im sure il be singing along to my hearts content
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,551
    is it because of the success?

For the most part...

REAL fans would never like a song that the common folk do. :roll:

why not?
    www.myspace.com

swear to god

lol

Pearl Jam across the generations.

i just started laughing my ass off ... :lol:

he must have danced to that at his prom :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    is it because of the success?

For the most part...

REAL fans would never like a song that the common folk do. :roll:

why not?

i think he was being sarcastic :?
  • satansbed wrote:
    solidier of love was far superior

Yes it was!
  • canoegirlcanoegirl Posts: 295
    i do not like this song, its my skip over song, unless my kids are with me they like it. i think it does have something to do with the original version.