Top 6 Frontmen/Rockstars of all time?

13»

Comments

• VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    tbell_1 wrote:
    No Love for DIO on any of these lists?!

I had him on my list. He personifies the lyric "even the smallest ocean can have really big waves". I saw him fronting Black Sabbath in LA and Long Beach in the early '80s on the Mob Rules tour. His rendition of the original Black Sabbath song alone earns him a spot on this thread.

As for Vedder, Anybody in their mid-40's who can jump backwards, almost falling on his back and catching the mic stand and springing forward to a standing position like he does warrants consideration. Vocally, he's up there. Love Reign O'er Me seals that. And he is a chamelion in the sense that he can morph into Morrison, Daltry, Strummer, Lennon and even the Devo guy. Aside, of course all the PJ magic. As a frontman, he has the ability to take a 20,000 person arena and make you feel like you're in his garage.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    tbell_1 wrote:
    No Love for DIO on any of these lists?!

I had him on my list. He personifies the lyric "even the smallest ocean can have really big waves". I saw him fronting Black Sabbath in LA and Long Beach in the early '80s on the Mob Rules tour. His rendition of the original Black Sabbath song alone earns him a spot on this thread.

As for Vedder, Anybody in their mid-40's who can jump backwards, almost falling on his back and catching the mic stand and springing forward to a standing position like he does warrants consideration. Vocally, he's up there. Love Reign O'er Me seals that. And he is a chamelion in the sense that he can morph into Morrison, Daltry, Strummer, Lennon and even the Devo guy. Aside, of course all the PJ magic. As a frontman, he has the ability to take a 20,000 person arena and make you feel like you're in his garage.

Lennon, Strummer and Devo? Just b/c they've covered their songs doesn't mean Ed morphs into that singer.