Options

♥ Cleveland Pearl Jam Pre-Party Fundraiser & Karaoke Night!

Comments

• Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    thunderDAN wrote:
    Any advice from the locals on where to park that day? I'll be doing the Indians vs. Tigers baseball game too so I'd be up for parking at either place if it's cheaper.

there are lots all over charging anywhere from $25-10.

If you can, google maps East 6th street. It's a street full of meters where you can park for free. Few people know this and it's a short walk to the Jake. There is also another street next to the key tower. They don't ticket meters on the weekends so you can park for free.

Parking in Cleveland is not a problem. Ironically that is the problem with Cleveland and why most out of towners find it ugly. Back in the day when metro Cleveland was booming (I believe it was the 5th largest city in the USA), they were looking for a way to get more people downtown to shop in the stores, so they tore down a bunch of buildings and made them surface lots. Now Cleveland is stuck with a ton of surface lots that kill the urban landscape.

Thanks for the info! $10-$25 I don't have to spend on parking is $10 - $25 more that I can spend on beer! :D
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    who wants to watch the Wings/Sharks game Sat night in Cleveland with me?

us Canadians, and cool Americans who like hockey, need to take over a bar
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Brock SamsonBrock Samson Posts: 328
    smarchee wrote:

if i was going to be there saturday, i'd watch with you smarch. alas, i won't be pulling into cleveland until around noon or so on sunday.
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 9/3/00, 12/31/00, 3/2/01, 4/29/01, 6/21/01, 7/25/01, 8/31/01, 9/1/01, 9/2/01, 4/18/02, 8/30/02, 8/31/02, 8/31/02, 9/1/02, 9/22/02, 3/22/03, 5/6/03, 6/29/03, 8/29/03, 8/30/03, 8/30/03, 8/31/03, 2/21/04, 4/2/04, 4/3/04, 9/3/04, 9/4/04, 9/4/04, 9/5/04, 2/19/05, 7/22/05, 9/2/05, 9/3/05, 9/3/05, 9/4/05, 1/22/06, 6/7/06, 9/1/06, 9/2/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 7/6/07, 8/31/07, 9/1/07, 9/1/07, 9/2/07, 3/7/08, 8/29/08, 8/30/08, 8/30/08, 8/31/08, 7/11/09, 6/4/10, 6/11/11
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    smarchee wrote:

we're really open to doing whatever. I am a hockey fan though, so this could be interesting.
  • Options
    moe.ron wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

if i was going to be there saturday, i'd watch with you smarch. alas, i won't be pulling into cleveland until around noon or so on sunday.

too bad, would of been fun, safe travels
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:

we're really open to doing whatever. I am a hockey fan though, so this could be interesting.

cool, well then if there is no kareoke, what downtown bar should be go to? Let's pick something

of course, the Wings need to win game 3 or 4 to force game 5

anyone else want to join us if there is no kareoke meet-up?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,449
    Jam-1962 wrote:
    what time are we meeting at cleveland rocks and where is it located?

I was hoping someone would ask directions to the Map Room...just for the sake of irony!
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Jam-1962 wrote:
    what time are we meeting at cleveland rocks and where is it located?

I was hoping someone would ask directions to the Map Room...just for the sake of irony!

Doh!! Another opportunity, squandered.

I like the way you think.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    if karaoke falls through for you guys there is a new bar downtown called the Caddyshack lounge that is a bar with golf simulators and games in it. It's pretty cool. Just opened. Nothing like getting wasted and playing a round of golf. It's right next to the Radison on Prospect across from the Q
  • Options
    Hear ye, hear ye, PatricSaint III (plus one) will be live and in person at the Cleveland pre-party. :twisted:
    Cya there kids.....

ps: please keep hippiemom in your thoughts this night.....she never missed a Cleveland show.
  • Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 543
    On the Saturday night I would love to find a bar where we can watch NHL Playoffs and then also watch UFC 113 from Montreal!
  • Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 543
    poison wrote:
    Reply to the hockey fans.....any hockey playoff game on saturday night will be playing at the MR. we are a hockey friendly bar for sure.

Regi

Will the Map Room be showing UFC 113 that night?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,614
    ugh. Just saw that the RRHOF closes at 5:30. That dents my plans for Saturday for sure.
  • Options
    On the Saturday night I would love to find a bar where we can watch NHL Playoffs and then also watch UFC 113 from Montreal!

I'm pretty sure Corner Ally airs UFC fights (not 1005 sure but I've watched one there before) also the Winking Lizard. I don't know if any bars will be airing the Hockey game, but if you ask them they will turn it on I'm sure it won't be a problem. Cleveland isn't a big hockey town so there isn't any giant watch parties, but if you ask them to turn it on I'm sure they will. I know Flannery's on 4th and Prospect had them on last year, and they always have European Soccer games on and that is a sport that involves getting something in a goal...so try there.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I will be at the preparty plus a friend

I plan on donating a sealed Ten Reissue/Redux Vinyl
  • Options
    sg219sg219 Posts: 24
    I'm coming up from Pittsburgh. Gonna try and make the Party!!
  • Options
    So is anyone trying to meet up before Indians vs. Tigers game to sit together?

I'd really like to see this and since I'm rolling solo until I meet my ticket buddy later so sitting with some other fans would be good.

Can someone from Cleveland step up to the plate for this? (pun intended).

As in, pick a gate or entrance, a time, etc?

I've never even been to Cleveland before so I'm not the one who's able to do it.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    Game time is 1:05. I wonder what time we have to be there? Noon?

I don't know jack squat about the area or anything. But I know my hubby really wants to go. I feel like time is a-ticking and I don't have plans on Saturday night yet either.

I am horrible at planning but we do get in town on Friday. We could probably scope the area out and figure out a meeting place for Sunday and post information back here.

What does everyone/anyone think of that for baseball on Sunday?
  • Options

I'd really like to see this and since I'm rolling solo until I meet my ticket buddy later so sitting with some other fans would be good.

I've never even been to Cleveland before so I'm not the one who's able to do it.

I havent decided for sure if I am going to go to the game. Do you get in Saturday or Sunday to Cleveland? It depends on how much drinking Sat night brings and if its warm and sunny, that may require me to avoid sitting in the Sun

By the way, is there any update on Kareoke? Is this a go?

If not, anyone want to meet up at a bar and drink, was thinking the Winking Lizard or Flannery's around the Arena/Jakob's Field, PM me if interested

'chee
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options

I don't know jack squat about the area or anything. But I know my hubby really wants to go. I feel like time is a-ticking and I don't have plans on Saturday night yet either.

I am horrible at planning but we do get in town on Friday. We could probably scope the area out and figure out a meeting place for Sunday and post information back here.

haha looks like you and me are the only ones who care :(

we'll hang out for sure lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:

haha looks like you and me are the only ones who care :(

we'll hang out for sure lol

Stalker. :lol:
  • Options
    Stalker. :lol:[/quote]

haha no, I was literally posting my thoughts too
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:

I havent decided for sure if I am going to go to the game. Do you get in Saturday or Sunday to Cleveland? It depends on how much drinking Sat night brings and if its warm and sunny, that may require me to avoid sitting in the Sun

By the way, is there any update on Kareoke? Is this a go?

If not, anyone want to meet up at a bar and drink, was thinking the Winking Lizard or Flannery's around the Arena/Jakob's Field, PM me if interested

'chee

I'm going to be staying in Toledo at my little brother's place on Sat night, so I'm probably going to try and roll into Cleveland by noonish for the game. If I was going to be in early I'd scout something out for a place to meet myself, but I won't be there far enough in advance.
  • Options
    BUMP to see if a Cleveland native can help us coordinate a meeting place before the baseball game....
  • Options
    Flannery's Saturday night?
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    i'll be getting into town sunday morning, staying at the hilton, and heading to the game. i've never been there so i couldn't help picking a spot to meet (no bat like at the old yankee stadium), but since i'm also rolling solo until i meet up with my ticket buddy i'd be down for a pregame, 10c, meet up somewhere.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    edited May 2010

If you guys are looking for a good place to meet before the game try the Gateway Plaza. Its the area between the Q and Jacobs Field, with these 2 towers and grass. seen here:

http://grcimagenet.grc.nasa.gov/grcdigi ... 00966L.JPG

http://www.flickr.com/photos/midwestgrr ... et-673530/

If you decide to meet inside the stadium, try the Batters Eye Bar, the bar inside the stadium in center field
    Post edited by thunderDAN on
  • Options
    Im going to the game Sunday.

cant wait.

May miss the RRHOF though. Cant believe it closes at 5:30 on Saturday
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    May miss the RRHOF though. Cant believe it closes at 5:30 on Saturday
    I know, thats very unrock and roll of it. It should open at 9PM and close at 9am.
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:

If you guys are looking for a good place to meet before the game try the Gateway Plaza. Its the area between the Q and Jacobs Field, with these 2 towers and grass. seen here:

http://grcimagenet.grc.nasa.gov/grcdigi ... 00966L.JPG

http://www.flickr.com/photos/midwestgrr ... et-673530/

If you decide to meet inside the stadium, try the Batters Eye Bar, the bar inside the stadium in center field

Okay, that's starting to sound like a good idea.

So the stadiums are just right across from each other like that?

Could you tell us which way to walk from that location to get to the box offices?

So unless someone that's local chimes in and volunteers to set an official meeting place to help out us out of towners does that sound good?

Meet at the Gateway Plaza at Noon and we'll walk over to buy tickets as a group with whoever shows by 12:30?

I checked the indians website for info and the gates open at noon. I personally want to go DIRT CHEAP for tickets since I'm unemployed now so I was thinking bleachers would be good? It's $18 a ticket. And hell, at least at Wrigley field the bleachers are the funnest seats in the house. I tried punching in 8 tickets for that section and they had them available.

What do you guys think?