Anyone pick up an iPad yet?

13»

Comments

• blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    know1 wrote:
    Curious how the on-screen keyboard works? You either have to have long ass thumbs or go back to the old hunt and peck style of typing. I doubt anyone will plug in a physical keyboard while on the train, might as well have a laptop.... I really don't see the need for this, basically an over-sized iTouch for Senior Citizens with cataracts....

This is what I've thought as well. It doesn't seem that a larger touch keyboard could be typed on any faster than the two thumb method that you use on the phone. Since it doesn't have physical keys, it will be difficult to type as you could on a normal keyboard.

A friend of mine has one and he said the keyboard worked better than he thought, and it isn't bad for typing an e-mail or something quick. But you can't type that long on it because it's flat and you have to basically bend down to see the screen.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    norm wrote:

Yeah, I just read that too.

Uh oh!

Seems like an expensive gadget to not, or barely be able to connect to the internet! :D
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I would also be concerned with the strength of the display touch screen. For a screen that large you would think the chances of it cracking would increase greatly. The larger surface area would be weaker then the iPhone and iTouch, plus it can't close like a laptop to protect the screen. Heck I already have issues with my LG Touch phone, I see some blemishes where the touch screen technology is breaking down.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rrivers wrote:
    My ipod is the greatest thing I've ever purchased.

i can think of a few things that i've purchased that are greater than an IPOD. my house owuld be a good start.
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    81 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    My ipod is the greatest thing I've ever purchased.

i can think of a few things that i've purchased that are greater than an IPOD. my house owuld be a good start.
    :lol:

I'm renting, lol! I thought maybe my truck as one but it's close!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."