Hey Pittsburgh

airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
edited April 2010 in The Porch
The cup is on display for you to kiss, touch or put your baby in at the heinz history center. If you haven't gotten the opp to see it B4 it is a must do. Luckily we were in line with some folks from Seattle and talked Showbox, Gorge, Soundgarden and of course your fav and mine Pearl Jam..... Now get off the forum and go go go go go
Hail To the Victors
I refer to those in front...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thats nice,, but the question is, when is Pj coming to the mellon for one last show?? I know they won't do a philly deal, but two nights would be nice. I think they are avoiding it until after hockey season or something. Go Pens!
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    That would be like my PJ dream. Two nites in the burgh. Nothing but steel tunes and tones from the mellon. However, we have this team, as you know, who continues to win win win win win. So I guess I can travel to see Eddie but having Sid hoist the cup is Awesome. Who Knows?
    Hail To the Victors
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Philly Fans its only a few short hours to Pittsburgh if you want to see what the Stanley Cup looks like
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Is it true that when the Steelers lose, most people from Pittsburgh call of sick on Monday?
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Sidnum wrote:
    Is it true that when the Steelers lose, most people from Pittsburgh call of sick on Monday?
    and Tuesday....
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    m0jorisen wrote:
    Philly Fans its only a few short hours to Pittsburgh if you want to see what the Stanley Cup looks like

hilarious. baseball starts on sunday. you remember baseball in pittsburgh right? we will remind you on July 4th weekend when we take over PNC Park for a 4 game series. I'm sure there will be plenty of good seats available. we have basketball here in philly too.

I don't know why people from pittsburgh feel the need to consistently rip on philadelphia. you shouldn't openly show your inferiority complex
  • Holy SHIT!!!!!!! we still have a baseball team :shock: :o
  • I just thought they built PNC Park so the Stones and Pearl Jam could play somewhere.
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Sidnum wrote:
    and Tuesday....

Geez, how sad...
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    LET'S GO PENS!!!!!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,667
    The Fixer wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:

hilarious. baseball starts on sunday. you remember baseball in pittsburgh right? we will remind you on July 4th weekend when we take over PNC Park for a 4 game series. I'm sure there will be plenty of good seats available. we have basketball here in philly too.

I don't know why people from pittsburgh feel the need to consistently rip on philadelphia. you shouldn't openly show your inferiority complex

Baseball, that sounds familiar. Is the sport that takes place between the end of Hockey playoffs and football season? During the time when we are outside enjoying the nice weather? No one watches the NBA, even so, how are the 76er's working out for you... winning lots of NBA titles? Pittsburgh is closer to Penn State, which in terms of an over all sports program is one of the best in the nation. At least you have Rutgers and Temple!
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    The Fixer wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:

I don't know why people from pittsburgh feel the need to consistently rip on philadelphia. you shouldn't openly show your inferiority complex[/quot

you remember Donovan McNabb don't you ...
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Go see it while you have a chance. It will soon return to Detroit where it belongs :twisted:
    edited April 2010
    MG79478 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:

Baseball, that sounds familiar. Is the sport that takes place between the end of Hockey playoffs and football season? During the time when we are outside enjoying the nice weather? No one watches the NBA, even so, how are the 76er's working out for you... winning lots of NBA titles? Pittsburgh is closer to Penn State, which in terms of an over all sports program is one of the best in the nation. At least you have Rutgers and Temple!

last time I checked you go outside to watch baseball.

PSU isn't far from philly. my wife went there. and to say PSU has one of the best sports programs in the US is a joke. Their baseball and basketball teams stink.

Temple hoops was in the tourney this year (PSU wasn't).
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    m0jorisen wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:

I don't know why people from pittsburgh feel the need to consistently rip on philadelphia. you shouldn't openly show your inferiority complex[/quot

you remember Donovan McNabb don't you ...

love that trade for the eagles

any steelers get arrested yet this week?
    The Fixer wrote:
    last time I checked you go outside to watch baseball.

PSU isn't far from philly. my wife went there. and to say PSU has one of the best sports programs in the US is a joke. Their baseball and basketball teams stink.

Temple hoops was in the tourney this year (PSU wasn't).
    So you have a TV outside to watch all 162 baseball games? Or do you have season tickets and go to every away game? What if they play in Toronto?

Of course PSU isn't far from Philly, thank you for enlightening us! But it's about an hour closer to Pittsburgh. What was the point of posting that? Do you really think that we didn't know they were in the same state?

PSU destroyed Temple in football (the only sport that really matters) and has the greatest women's VB team in the history of the sport. See how easy it is to cherry pick? But we don't have to, someone has ranked schools for us. I guess you have never heard of the Director's cup? The NACDA Learfield Sports Directors' Cup is an award given annually by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics to the colleges and universities with the most success in collegiate athletics. Penn State always ranks very highly. Why here is a list that has them currently at #3.

You really should have some idea what you are talking about before you go spouting off.
    The Fixer wrote:
    any steelers get arrested yet this week?
    Any team that has Vick on it has no room to talk. And if you were actually paying attention, you would know that Ben has not been arrested for anything, just accused. Have fun waiting 20+ more years for your next championship!
  • m0jorisen wrote:

Why do you have to bring Philadelphia into this? Inferiority complex? I don't care about your stupid sports teams. Your town in a joke. Nice sidewalks, Detroit Two.
    m0jorisen wrote:

Why do you have to bring Philadelphia into this? Inferiority complex? I don't care about your stupid sports teams. Your town in a joke. Nice sidewalks, Detroit Two.

What is ironic is the Philly folks on here spouting about "inferiority complexes" are the ones who have them!Other than being one of the most successful sports cities in the nation, Pittsburgh is routinely ranked the most liveable city in America. Philly on the other hand, is neither! But hey, Philly is more crowded, more expensive, and not nearly as safe or clean, if that makes you feel any better.

I grew up near Philly, I will never go back. And if you ventured out in to the world, you might find that better things await you.
    Yes I call off after Steelers games on Mon and I am in the education field O its true its damn true and if you want to understand it come to heniz field all are welcome, however wear a steelers jersey or Bware
    Hail To the Victors
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    i personally hate the steelers and would love to see scumbag roethlisberger go. also, i dont have an inferiority complex, i flat out hate filthadelphia because the people are so obnoxious. for gods sake, you dont stand up and clap when a member of the penguins gets injured. rival or not, learn some courtesy.
    dude they have small man's syndrome over there in filthy its where folks who could not make it in NY or DC go to bitch and eat cheese steaks by which the big secret ingredient is cheezwiz thats just grosssssss
    Hail To the Victors
  • I'm a huge sports fan and This is all great, but when are they coming to the mellon one lasty time? Thats all i really care about. BTW, i hope the flyers make it into the playoffs, it would be a easy win...We own them!
    evenflow93 wrote:
    I'm a huge sports fan and This is all great, but when are they coming to the mellon one lasty time? Thats all i really care about. BTW, i hope the flyers make it into the playoffs, it would be a easy win...We own them!
    the spring tradition...ending the flyers season :)
  • Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    MG79478 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:

rutgers isn't anywhere near philly, we have U of Penn, villanova, st.joseph's and temple...rutgers is in north jersey
    Nittany1bn wrote:
    rutgers isn't anywhere near philly, we have U of Penn, villanova, st.joseph's and temple...rutgers is in north jersey

http://www.camden.rutgers.edu/
    PNC Park is the hot chick with no brain
    Hail To the Victors
    airblue1 wrote:
    PNC Park is the hot chick with no brain
    who steals money off of their boyfriend (the entire city). seriously...im going to one game this year because my german friend will be in town and i will wear a paper bag over my head to that game...the owners will continue to run a shit team but because they pay so little they still profit :evil: SELL THE PIRATES TO LEMIEUX/BURKLE OR MARK CUBAN
    Dude someone has to get Sid the puck it would be fitting if he won the game with his 52 goal
    Hail To the Victors
    airblue1 wrote:
    Dude someone has to get Sid the puck it would be fitting if he won the game with his 52 goal
    i'll take a share of the goal scoring title with stamkos anyday :) plus sedin got the most points so it leaves idiot ovechkin with nothing! :lol:
    Totally agree Ovenchoken doesn't get anything even after the cheap empty netter Tuesday night
    Bring on the Sens as we make our way back to the Stanley Cup
    Hail To the Victors