$10 ticket tour. PJ mentioned.

blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Good read. However it doesn't say what venues this band played, but wherever it was they were able to get 10,000 fans. The tour got Eddie's thumbs up "right on"
http://entertainment.foxnews.mobi/quick ... roteus.fma
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,561
    blackngold wrote:
    Good read. However it doesn't say what venues this band played, but wherever it was they were able to get 10,000 fans. The tour got Eddie's thumbs up "right on"
    funny that eddie likes what that band did but yet pj ticket prices are skyrocketing....
  • Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    gndcd402 wrote:
    blackngold wrote:
    funny that eddie likes what that band did but yet pj ticket prices are skyrocketing....

Yeah, thought the same thing.

$92.05 Hmmm...
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    What a freaking hypocrite :clap: :roll:
  • gndcd402 wrote:
    blackngold wrote:

just paid $171 for a pair in boston...first time by the way...quite excited. but i digress. how much did tickets used to be?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,967
    Raise your hand if you are still making the same amount of money that you made in 1991...
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    on2legs wrote:
    Raise your hand if you are still making the same amount of money that you made in 1991...

i got 10 bucks a week for cleaning the house....

thankfully i make more than that now
    on2legs wrote:

Point being?
    on2legs wrote:

Point being?

The point is that unless you walk into your boss' office every year and demand that he not give you a raise because you work there simply because of the love for your occupation then you are a huge hypocrite.

In fact by your logic - it makes you greedy and a sell out.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• J_LAWNJ_LAWN Posts: 163
    on2legs wrote:

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

according to that a $75 dollar ticket today would cost about $50 in 1991...still pretty freaking outrageous
    on2legs wrote:
    on2legs wrote:

Point being?

The point is that unless you walk into your boss' office every year and demand that he not give you a raise because you work there simply because of the love for your occupation then you are a huge hypocrite.

In fact by your logic - it makes you greedy and a sell out.

I really don't think anyone was suggesting that Ed and Pearl Jam tickets should be $10. But $90 is excessive.
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    If you want cheaper tickets - the next time one of your friends (or you) copy a CD, illegally download a album, buy a rip off t-shirt, rip a dvd, thank them (or yourself) for forcing ticket prices up.

Inflation, less revenue from music and merch sales plus the need to pay the wages of all members of the Pearl Jam organisation are the reason for higher ticket prices - not greed.

A Pearl Jam ticket is still much cheaper than comparable bands and much better bang for your buck.
    edited April 2010
    I really don't think anyone was suggesting that Ed and Pearl Jam tickets should be $10. But $90 is excessive.

Again... have you ever turned down a raise at work?

Did you ever say to your boss that $15 an hour is pretty good money, but I can't accept $20 an hour because that would be excessive?

My point (I have several actually) is why are you holding a rock band to a higher standard than you hold to yourself?
    Post edited by on2legs on

• baby_crying_closeup.jpg
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • pjsycopjsyco Posts: 646
    If you want cheaper tickets - the next time one of your friends (or you) copy a CD, illegally download a album, buy a rip off t-shirt, rip a dvd, thank them (or yourself) for forcing ticket prices up.

Inflation, less revenue from music and merch sales plus the need to pay the wages of all members of the Pearl Jam organisation are the reason for higher ticket prices - not greed.

A Pearl Jam ticket is still much cheaper than comparable bands and much better bang for your buck.

Bingo....well said
  • If you want cheaper tickets - the next time one of your friends (or you) copy a CD, illegally download a album, buy a rip off t-shirt, rip a dvd, thank them (or yourself) for forcing ticket prices up.

oh, please. don't blame people that download music for the decline of record sales. hollywood just had a record box-office year last year and people download movies just as much as music. it's the music industry that's to blame.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    on2legs wrote:

Again... have you ever turned down a raise at work?

Did you ever say to your boss that $15 an hour is pretty good money, but I can't accept $20 an hour because that would be excessive?

My point (I have several actually) is why are you holding a rock band to a higher standard than you hold to yourself?
    and you are trying to compare a person who busts their ass everyday to scrape together $45,000 a year to a band who works a few months out of the year and makes millions...
  • i have the perfect plan to acquire cheap tickets....i wait by the will call and mug the first fuck i hear complaining about ticket prices going up....when he regains consciousness he'll have realized he should of just shut the fuck up and been happy of fucked off and not bought them. :lol::lol::lol:

chill!!!...................i'm just kidding!!!......................he probably wouldn't realize anything but the bump on his head and that his tickets are missing. ;):mrgreen:
    gndcd402 wrote:
    and you are trying to compare a person who busts their ass everyday to scrape together $45,000 a year to a band who works a few months out of the year and makes millions...

Yes I am if that person is calling the band a sell out and greedy for raising their tickets over the years to a very reasonable level when compared to the rest of the industry.

Seriously... if this integrity thing over earning money is so important to some of you guys then why aren't you backing up all of your talk with actions.

Next time you are offered a raise at work - turn it down. That way your boss can lower his prices and the average consumer can buy your service or item at a lower price.

on2legs wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

Yes I am if that person is calling the band a sell out and greedy for raising their tickets over the years to a very reasonable level when compared to the rest of the industry.

Seriously... if this integrity thing over earning money is so important to some of you guys then why aren't you backing up all of your talk with actions.

Next time you are offered a raise at work - turn it down. That way your boss can lower his prices and the average consumer can buy your service or item at a lower price.
    perhaps you dont understand my post...

WE are the common folk. We bust our ass for our money to squeak by on the bills. They have millions in their bank accounts...they don't need the money to survive. Hell they could probably do a world tour for free and still retire as very rich men.
    gndcd402 wrote:

WE are the common folk. We bust our ass for our money to squeak by on the bills. They have millions in their bank accounts...they don't need the money to survive. Hell they could probably do a world tour for free and still retire as very rich men.

You are calling out the band based on some principle that they should be this noble and altruistic group of guys and they shouldn't care about money because they already have plenty of it.

But principles don't work that way. They don't change based on the size of your bank account. You don't get to apply principles subjectively.

You either believe in them and live it or you're just talking out of your ass.

• dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    on2legs wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

You are calling out the band based on some principle that they should be this noble and altruistic group of guys and they shouldn't care about money because they already have plenty of it.

But principles don't work that way. They don't change based on the size of your bank account. You don't get to apply principles subjectively.

you sound like ayn rand. haha - it's a joke.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    on2legs wrote:

this has to be the single greatest point in a long time about the ticket price issue ........BRAVO MY FRIEND!!!

i cant stop my self from laughing about the ticket price argument people have these days ...its like we live in 1994 still ....
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
    Are some of your people blind? People don't have a gripe with the fact that they raised ticket prices. The gripe is that the rise has been drastic to the point of what appears to be greed.

Maybe instead of recipes and interviews with members from other bands, even just one of the band members could say something about it in their own fan club magazine.
  • GS163319GS163319 Posts: 132
    The rise in prices has been no more extreme than the change (in prices/culture/etc) in the United States since the late 1990s/early 00s. There is much more mixing the pot than simply the microeconomic sphere of the album industry.

There are very, very, very few bands that are willing to deal with what surrounds them, while also doing their best in favor of, and for, fans. We are lucky.

People bitch and moan about TenClub sales, but instances like night 2 MSG (where the band secured a second round of tickets - don't for a second think that was TM's idea) and Philly 1 and 4 (similar situations) show such a compromise by institutions like TM, that, although the band may not have won, they drew some national attention to the situation.

In a land of capitalism, that is no small feat.
  • Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    pjsyco wrote:

Bingo....well said

No. Not well said. They are by far more expensive than other comparable bands. The only bands that charge like Pearl Jam are classic rock acts from yesteryear whose touring days are numbered and were not as well financed back in the day.

A comparable band = a peer to Pearl Jam, not someone Ed listened to growing up. Bands like Radiohead, Phish, Green Day, Dave Matthews, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. I've seen all of these bands on their most recent tours and every single one of them cost significantly less to see. "Right on."
  • jammingwhileIcanjammingwhileIcan Posts: 89
    edited April 2010
    GS163319 wrote:
    The rise in prices has been no more extreme than the change (in prices/culture/etc) in the United States since the late 1990s/early 00s. There is much more mixing the pot than simply the microeconomic sphere of the album industry.

There are very, very, very few bands that are willing to deal with what surrounds them, while also doing their best in favor of, and for, fans. We are lucky.

People bitch and moan about TenClub sales, but instances like night 2 MSG (where the band secured a second round of tickets - don't for a second think that was TM's idea) and Philly 1 and 4 (similar situations) show such a compromise by institutions like TM, that, although the band may not have won, they drew some national attention to the situation.

In a land of capitalism, that is no small feat.

I hear your point but I must disagree,a compromise with TM isn't selling tickets at the same high price to different groups of people. What the hell does TM care who is paying their surcharges and fees? A compromise for us "lucky fans" would be reasonable ticket prices. So clearly the band is charging these high rates TM or not.
    Also it should be noted that when they did release the second round of tickets they were not the best seats available and some 10c members got screwed because they bought worse seats through the presale then they would have through the regular TM thinking the band was hooking them up.
    Post edited by jammingwhileIcan on
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • on2legs wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

I may accept a raise, but I didn't preach for 15 years about how noble I am for doing my job for less than what I could ask for. If I stood on my boss's desk and said "look at me, I do my job for minimum wage, so that everyone can enjoy my services" then turned around and doubled my salary in less than 5 years, then you can call me a hypocrite.
    By the way, this:

"But principles don't work that way. They don't change based on the size of your bank account. You don't get to apply principles subjectively."

is shooting yourself in the foot. I think many of the "gripers" complaints is that it seems the band's principles do change with their bank account.

I don't see a damn thing wrong with getting paid if you can. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they seem to have done a 180 on a lot of the things they said in the past.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • GS163319GS163319 Posts: 132
    What I'm saying is that TM does not have to do anything. They could simply devote less (of the likely very minimal time extended anyways) to deal with shit like bands and do what they want. A corporation with market share, and hence market control, like theirs has no need to bend, in ANY way. Yet they are, in however small a way.
    I may accept a raise, but I didn't preach for 15 years about how noble I am for doing my job for less than what I could ask for. If I stood on my boss's desk and said "look at me, I do my job for minimum wage, so that everyone can enjoy my services" then turned around and doubled my salary in less than 5 years, then you can call me a hypocrite.
    By the way, this:

"But principles don't work that way. They don't change based on the size of your bank account. You don't get to apply principles subjectively."

is shooting yourself in the foot. I think many of the "gripers" complaints is that it seems the band's principles do change with their bank account.

I don't see a damn thing wrong with getting paid if you can. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they seem to have done a 180 on a lot of the things they said in the past.

You aren't allowed to feel that way around here. It gets you attacked, even when you have a direct quote as a statement of fact.
  • I may accept a raise, but I didn't preach for 15 years about how noble I am for doing my job for less than what I could ask for. If I stood on my boss's desk and said "look at me, I do my job for minimum wage, so that everyone can enjoy my services" then turned around and doubled my salary in less than 5 years, then you can call me a hypocrite.
    By the way, this:

You aren't allowed to feel that way around here. It gets you attacked, even when you have a direct quote as a statement of fact.

...oh. I mean, I love pearl jam....
    20061114_sheep.jpg
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark