Not renewing 10c membership because of "SELLING OUT"

13»

Comments

• RiotZact wrote:
    I dig everyone who has normal responses and tries to have a normal discussion.

All the "don't touch my pearl jam" people are scary... how can you take things so personal?

This guy knew EXACTLY what he had coming when he started this thread, he gets bashed all the time for saying stuff and knowone ever agrees with him, he enjoys argueing with people, I'm not taking things personaly, I'm saying that this message board is for pearl jam fans NOW, pearl jams music NOW, not 1993, if he dosn't like it then he should leave...NOW
    is that really true? i mean, i like Zeppelin and Rolling Stones, but not their shitty later albums. but i still consider myself a fan. I think PJ has occasional sparks of brilliance here and there, but their best work is in their first 5 albums. but thats 5 WHOLE ALBUMS! that alone is enough to make me a fan, even if their music is sucking more and more. i guess what im saying is its still a site for fans from 93 or whatever!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    CJMST3K wrote:

I would love to hear the band's opinion on how and why things have changed.

If they weren't so vocally against a lot of what they're now doing, I wouldn't think twice about it, but since they were so against it, I certainly wouldn't mind hearing from them about their change of heart.

Ultimately the band is free to do what they want, as are we.

Well spoken
  • CJMST3K wrote:

If they weren't so vocally against a lot of what they're now doing, I wouldn't think twice about it, but since they were so against it, I certainly wouldn't mind hearing from them about their change of heart.

Well spoken
    yeah it would be nice if they said something (not tenclub either). not that they have to or anything. they probably dont give a shit what anyone thinks. i wouldnt. their actions are probably not nearly as bad as some people think. but who knows. people tend to assume the worst without comment.
  • jammingwhileIcanjammingwhileIcan Posts: 89
    edited April 2010
    CJMST3K wrote:

Well spoken

I enjoyed his response, he said it like a normal rational person. Thinking about it if the band was more vocal about their activities (yes I realize its their business not ours) then it probably would help people deal with this ongoing shift. But man when a band is this good its almost impossible not to get emotionally invested.
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    edited April 2010
    MrSmith wrote:
    is that really true? i mean, i like Zeppelin and Rolling Stones, but not their shitty later albums. but i still consider myself a fan. I think PJ has occasional sparks of brilliance here and there, but their best work is in their first 5 albums. but thats 5 WHOLE ALBUMS! that alone is enough to make me a fan, even if their music is sucking more and more. i guess what im saying is its still a site for fans from 93 or whatever!
    I'm the same way... loved the Stones til 'Angie'. They were great from the 60s to 'Exile'... then, a patch of bad road, til the great 'Some Girls' album... then back on th dirt road to shit.
    I STILL love the stuff I loved back then and still listen to it. The rest... not so much. and seeing them live? Nope. 350 bucks is WAAAAAY too much to spend watching a 70 year old... make that an ugly as fuck 70 year old man prance around in spandex jumpsuits.
    The only one i really admire from the olden days... Neil Young. He just makes music and really doesn't care if you like it or not... and a lot of it I don't like. But, he is honest in his works... and he wears his age well.
    NOTE To Pearl Jam: Follow the Neil Young model. Don't become the Beach Boys... and know that if it is only Eddie and Mike... you are no longer 'Pearl Jam'.
    Post edited by Cosmo on
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    Yes the tickets have gone up significantly. However, if you notice almost all mainstream acts are selling tickets MUCH higher than Pearl Jam. With a recession going on and the venue having to make up for lost revenue I would have to think raising ticket prices is not just a Pearl Jam decision. If I am paying 75 a ticket I still consider myself lucky to get the best seats. Just for the sake of argument here are some examples of what the higher end tickets are going for with other artists, all are selling tickets at a higher price than Pearl Jam Ten Club.

Nickelback: $77.50
    Elton John: $94.10
    Bon Jovi: 129.50
    Jimmy Buffett: $130.00
    Lady Gaga: 175.00

And after searching for 30 min or more I could not find any artist playing a Arena tour that sold higher end tickets cheaper than Pearl Jam, all I ask is think about it a bit and realize Pearl Jam are still the same band they always have been.
    As for the Target thing… in a way they sold out LESS because they only sold their album in one high end store, cutting out stores like Wal-Mart and Best Buy and leaving the rest of the sales to the Ten Club and independent record stores.
    Just like what Eddie said about the target thing, the fans have to trust us, Pearl Jam knew they were going to get a backlash by a certain few; fortunately those fans were probably not true fans.
    coaljam wrote:
    MAS wrote:
    WTF do you care how they promote the album?

I actually had no problem with the Target deal. It was the ad, them playing for the employees only, etc...
    Most important is the ridiculous increase in tickets it angers me to the core.
    I dunno man it's like finding out your girlfriend who claimed for twenty years to have two legs is actually a former teamster with no legs. Shocking and disapointing at the same time
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Cosmo wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    I'm the same way... loved the Stones til 'Angie'. They were great from the 60s to 'Exile'... then, a patch of bad road, til the great 'Some Girls' album... then back on th dirt road to shit.
    I STILL love the stuff I loved back then and still listen to it. The rest... not so much. and seeing them live? Nope. 350 bucks is WAAAAAY too much to spend watching a 70 year old... make that an ugly as fuck 70 year old man prance around in spandex jumpsuits.
    The only one i really admire from the olden days... Neil Young. He just makes music and really doesn't care if you like it or not... and a lot of it I don't like. But, he is honest in his works... and he wears his age well.
    yeah Neil is still awesome. probably the only old guy i'd pay big money to see. sorry, PJ, but if you guys look and play like the Stones when you're old, i think i'll stay home. thats just sad.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842
    coaljam wrote:
    I guess I just don't understand why you are starting a thread to tell everyone. Are you looking for us to talk you off the ledge or join arms with you? Man up son and don't renew if you don't want to but don't 'sell out' by coming on here to tell everyone. You sure as hell are using this forum to tell us...selling out. You bought tixs to the show...selling out. Be your own man/woman and do your thang.

You are 100% right, but I wanted to see if there were other people as peeved as I was about the bands recent activity.
    Also can everyone chill out a little, I am only insulting the bands ethics not your parents.

And that isn't ok with the Posting Guidelines, see above. Good luck to you whatever you decide.

Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.