Not renewing 10c membership because of "SELLING OUT"

jammingwhileIcanjammingwhileIcan Posts: 89
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I splurged for one MSG ticket and that will be my last PJ show. This band lost me with their complete 180 these past few years regarding fan appreciation and just plain "U2ing". That and this happy corporate crap going on with Backspacer (Go compared to a string quartet?). Is there anyone else, I know I cant be alone.

Before I hear all the good riddances and crap you should know my # sucks thanks to a lapse in renewing. Nobody wins and some band member will have to go without breakfast for his family thanks to the loss of $20.

I actually feel like I lost a friend who I knew for 15+ years. Thank you PJ for retroactively destroying all your music for me with you loss of morals. PJ- Living proof that its better to burn out than fade away
Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So why are you even going to one show?
    Hail Hail The Lucky Ones!!!

Saratoga 92, Hartford 96, Hartford 98, Jones Beach 3 00, Mansfield 1 03, Mansfield 2 03, Camden 1 03, MSG 1 03, MSG 2 03, Mansfield 3 03, Holmdel 03, Boston 1 04, Albany 06, Hartford 06, East Rutherford 1 06, Camden 2 08, MSG 1 08, MSG 2 08, Hartford 08, Mansfield 1 08, Mansfield 2 08, Spectrum 4 09, Hartford 10, MSG 1 10, MSG 2 10, EV Hartford 11, Philly 12, Brooklyn 1 13, Brooklyn 2 13, Hartford 13, MSG 1 16, MSG 2 16, Fenway 1 16, Temple Of The Dog MSG 16
  • MASMAS Posts: 630
    WTF do you care how they promote the album?
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,243
    coaljam wrote:
    I splurged for one MSG ticket and that will be my last PJ show. This band lost me with their complete 180 these past few years regarding fan appreciation and just plain "U2ing". That and this happy corporate crap going on with Backspacer (Go compared to a string quartet?). Is there anyone else, I know I cant be alone.

Before I hear all the good riddances and crap you should know my # sucks thanks to a lapse in renewing. Nobody wins and some band member will have to go without breakfast for his family thanks to the loss of $20.

I actually feel like I lost a friend who I knew for 15+ years. Thank you PJ for retroactively destroying all your music for me with you loss of morals. PJ- Living proof that its better to burn out than fade away

Why would he have to go out breakfast for his family? Don't make yourself feel more important than you actually are...
  • MASMAS Posts: 630
    PJ the business has to make $$$ not only for themselves but ALL the people working for them
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,178
    I agree in parts. There are alot of 180-stuff that is going on that is disturbing and hard to defend (I'm not complaining about evolving as a band and people but there is a difference in evovling and changing 180)

But I would not exit the tenclub, even though that orgnaziation is lacking too in to many ways.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Thank you for stepping down, now real fans can get even closer at shows.
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • MAS wrote:
    WTF do you care how they promote the album?

I actually had no problem with the Target deal. It was the ad, them playing for the employees only, etc...
    Most important is the ridiculous increase in tickets it angers me to the core.
    I dunno man it's like finding out your girlfriend who claimed for twenty years to have two legs is actually a former teamster with no legs. Shocking and disapointing at the same time
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • The Curt Henning picture scares me, not to say that my picture might not scare you.
  • MAS wrote:
    PJ the business has to make $$$ not only for themselves but ALL the people working for them

Didnt' they have to do this in 2003 as well? Because i paid 35 a ticket then. Enough with the them needing money argument we are talking about one of the most financialy succesful bands EVER! All their shows over 20 years, platinum cds, posters, bootlegs, vinyl, 10c $, and of course the completely neccasary ten reissue deluxe addition, Im sure that was to give back to the fans.
  • MB999 wrote:
    The Curt Henning picture scares me, not to say that my picture might not scare you.

You sir have gained my respect and fear.
    Thank you for stepping down, now real fans can get even closer at shows.
    Allways theese kind of stupid remarks.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • coaljam wrote:
    MAS wrote:

Didnt' they have to do this in 2003 as well? Because i paid 35 a ticket then. Enough with the them needing money argument we are talking about one of the most financialy succesful bands EVER! All their shows over 20 years, platinum cds, posters, bootlegs, vinyl, 10c $, and of course the completely neccasary ten reissue deluxe addition, Im sure that was to give back to the fans.

If you want to piss and moan there is plently of room for you over at http://www.u2.com. I see PJ planting trees and the edge buying a mult-million dollar house. It cost's $50+ to be in their club and pay $90+ for a seat and they are not good. They do not offer floor seats for the lower cost to the fan club, you are forced to pay a premium as part of the fan club and they are much better off financially that PJ. For $20 we get at lot of love. Just saying.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    If they are such sell-outs, why are they donating $210,000 to plant trees in the North West and why did they donate $200,000 for Haiti relief? Did they do that because they are just greedy fucks these days?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • MB999 wrote:
    coaljam wrote:
    MAS wrote:

If you want to piss and moan there is plently of room for you over at http://www.u2.com. I see PJ planting trees and the edge buying a mult-million dollar house. It cost's $50+ to be in their club and pay $90+ for a seat and they are not good. They do not offer floor seats for the lower cost to the fan club, you are forced to pay a premium as part of the fan club and they are much better off financially that PJ. For $20 we get at lot of love. Just saying.

I hear you man but look what we have resorted to, we are comparing PJ with U2 to give them some higher moral ground. That is such a sad change from the past and one I can't deal with. I am to emotionaly invested with this band to watch them destroy the very essence of their music.
    If they are such sell-outs, why are they donating $210,000 to plant trees in the North West and why did they donate $200 for Haiti relief? Did they do that because they are just greedy fucks these days?

What celebrity and/or musician doesn't support similar causes? Just watch Brüno for examples of that :)
  • iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    Rap is Crap
    tacos
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Coaljam please leave now, sell your tix to msg, and never associate yourself with this awesome band and fan club ever again
  • justam wrote:
    If they are such sell-outs, why are they donating $210,000 to plant trees in the North West and why did they donate $200,000 for Haiti relief? Did they do that because they are just greedy fucks these days?

Look it's not a purely black/white evil/good issue. Yes its very nice they donate to charity, But for all we know that was money gained from the fans paying a required $2 charity fee with every ticket purchase. If they are not greedy (and I believe they are now; its all about levels), then let them give charity purely from their own pockets, which I know I have personally lined with well over $2,000 over the years. I would imagine there are plenty of people who have given more.
  • RiotZact wrote:
    Coaljam please leave now, sell your tix to msg, and never associate yourself with this awesome band and fan club ever again

Agreed!

See you later doggie :wave: :wave:
    Maybe you should join the Bieber Fever
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • RiotZact wrote:

Ignorance is bliss huh?
  • I guess I just don't understand why you are starting a thread to tell everyone. Are you looking for us to talk you off the ledge or join arms with you? Man up son and don't renew if you don't want to but don't 'sell out' by coming on here to tell everyone. You sure as hell are using this forum to tell us...selling out. You bought tixs to the show...selling out. Be your own man/woman and do your thang.
  • I guess I just don't understand why you are starting a thread to tell everyone. Are you looking for us to talk you off the ledge or join arms with you? Man up son and don't renew if you don't want to but don't 'sell out' by coming on here to tell everyone. You sure as hell are using this forum to tell us...selling out. You bought tixs to the show...selling out. Be your own man/woman and do your thang.

You are 100% right, but I wanted to see if there were other people as peeved as I was about the bands recent activity.
    Also can everyone chill out a little, I am only insulting the bands ethics not your parents.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    your signature alone tells me how much of an asshole you are.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    your signature alone tells me how much of an asshole you are.

and 58 of his 60 posts
  • If you want to piss and moan there is plently of room for you over at http://www.u2.com. I see PJ planting trees and the edge buying a mult-million dollar house. It cost's $50+ to be in their club and pay $90+ for a seat and they are not good. They do not offer floor seats for the lower cost to the fan club, you are forced to pay a premium as part of the fan club and they are much better off financially that PJ. For $20 we get at lot of love. Just saying.[/quote]

I hear you man but look what we have resorted to, we are comparing PJ with U2 to give them some higher moral ground. That is such a sad change from the past and one I can't deal with. I am to emotionaly invested with this band to watch them destroy the very essence of their music.[/quote]

I hear you and you have a total right to disagree, no one can control the product that pj puts out and how they put it out. As a long time fan I feel their prices for tickets have remainded fair in a tough economy, access to new content via the web and tv has expanded as well as media (i.e. itunes etc) to give fans more. They share a lot of love for the fan club and I feel they are doing their best. They are not the same band that they were in the early 90s, if they were they would be no better than Nickelback or Creed.

Just for some fun check this link out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muk9PcBKZWw
  • your signature alone tells me how much of an asshole you are.

I do not get why you are insulting me, because of my views on PJ youre calling me an asshole? Relax, jesus christ
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Thank you for stepping down, now real fans can get even closer at shows.
    Allways theese kind of stupid remarks.

Yeah they get a bit tedious. I respect the opinions of those who choose not to renew for whichever reason and yeah sometimes there's something which happens with the band that raises an eyebrow but it is business and a very different one than when PJ started. It's probably significant that the band chose not to advertise the fact they were doing the Target appearance but there's much going on behind the scenes we'll never know about and obviously some people want to so they can add fuel to the sellout fire. I don't personally care because I'm fairly happy with the band's current music to be honest and that's what matters to me mainly. The band also do a lot of good in the world which can't be ignored. I don't really see the point in going out with a whine though because you always know what the response will be. Hope you enjoy your show anyway.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    justam wrote:

I gotta echo this thought. The whole of the MLB gave $100.000, the Premier League in England gave fuck all. Pearl Jam gave $200.000. Thats alright by me.

Its a shame you feel that way but Im here for the long term. I dont believe they have sold out and think they do alot of good.

Enjoy your last show if this is really how you feel
    coaljam wrote:
    I guess I just don't understand why you are starting a thread to tell everyone. Are you looking for us to talk you off the ledge or join arms with you? Man up son and don't renew if you don't want to but don't 'sell out' by coming on here to tell everyone. You sure as hell are using this forum to tell us...selling out. You bought tixs to the show...selling out. Be your own man/woman and do your thang.

You are 100% right, but I wanted to see if there were other people as peeved as I was about the bands recent activity.

And how that working out for you? any takers? once? twice? sold, goodbye :wave:
  • I hear you and you have a total right to disagree, no one can control the product that pj puts out and how they put it out. As a long time fan I feel their prices for tickets have remainded fair in a tough economy, access to new content via the web and tv has expanded as well as media (i.e. itunes etc) to give fans more. They share a lot of love for the fan club and I feel they are doing their best. They are not the same band that they were in the early 90s, if they were they would be no better than Nickelback or Creed.

Just for some fun check this link out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muk9PcBKZWw[/quote]

Nice Link! ah memories.
    I hear your side and Ill agree to disagree. Im sure we can agree that PJ 1990-2000 was one of the bests bands ever.
This discussion has been closed.