This generation sucks...

13»

Comments

• pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135

Do any other children of the 80's/90's think that this new generation (what is it called, anyway?)

I was thinking about that one day, too. Wouldn't they be called generation A because a new century has started? because generation Z was part of the nineties into 2000, right? or would they be generation "now I know my abc's, next time won't you sing with me?". ;) lol
  • I think this generation sucks,specially because there is not goood music like other past times :'(...I am wishing the good times and music come back again,of course still amazing bands like Pearl Jam,but ..NOW?I am going to die,,,the teenagers are listening pop fake music,and they can't sing!!!!the machines now do all the work,in past times the persons who were singers was because they really CAN SING...but know..uf...help help help XD
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135

Do any other children of the 80's/90's think that this new generation (what is it called, anyway?)

I was thinking about that one day, too. Wouldn't they be called generation A because a new century has started? because generation Z was part of the nineties into 2000, right? or would they be generation "now I know my abc's, next time won't you sing with me?". ;) lol

I think they are generation now, as in they need to have everything right NOW--technology addicted, not much patience and they are very self-absorbed. but then again I am quoting my own quote, so what do I know.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Some people attribute the following quote to Socrates, though others believe it may stem from comments made by Plato:

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
    authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
    of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
    households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
    contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
    at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

In any case I believe it exemplifies the fact that previous generations are never happy with the behavior of youth, and not much has changed.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    i laugh at all the people saying that this generation lacks good music. just because you don't know how to find it does not mean that it does not exist....i know most of the people saying that are getting up there in years though and finding music for them is much too complicated a process.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    i'm closer to 20 than 30 so you can't call me old haha.. tend to agree with you

it grates me seeing my younger cousins opt for an entire day in front of their xbox/computer/wii/etc etc on a FUCKING GORGEOUS DAY instead of being outside ...

my kids aren't going to have all that shit, i'll lock them outside 'til they get dirt patches on their clothes :lol:

then there's music.. what the fuck is this auto-tune bullshit that's being spat out these days? well not my cup of tea :)
    wah
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    They showed a special report on tonight's local current affairs show on TV.
    Pretty much the whole aim of my generation is to get as wasted as possible and they don't care for anything out there.
    Well this is what all the kids interviewed said on the street.
    They took the cameras to the streets of each capital city here over this Easter long weekend.
    It's a jungle out there.....
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    hahaha. the video was hilarious and very true. this generation is a bit girly
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    my fav part..."the closest they'll come to a fist fight is on a message board somewhere" :D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I'm a mom of 4 sons....born 87, 89, 91 & 94. I'm loving every minute of being their mom. They are fun, interesting, decent guys. There are no other people other then their dad that I'd rather spend time with. I'm looking forward to their futures as they graduate college and become productive members of society. I've also really enjoyed their friends, they are all so excited about life that it makes me look at every day differently.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    JaneNY wrote:
    Some people attribute the following quote to Socrates, though others believe it may stem from comments made by Plato:

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
    authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
    of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
    households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
    contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
    at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

In any case I believe it exemplifies the fact that previous generations are never happy with the behavior of youth, and not much has changed.

:mrgreen:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • The thing that worries me most about the current and future generations is that interpersonal and social skills will crumble under the weight of technology. People sit with their PC's, Macs, laptops or mobile (cell) phones, punching words onto a screen.

Ask the average 15-25 year old now do they text or speak to friends more and see what they say.

There's also far, far too many stimuli for young people now, leaving very little time or chance for more healthy recreation.

I'm not saying that in 15-20 years time, the average teenager will be a unsociable zombie but they won't be a million miles away...
    It's gonna be a glorious day...