Yet another 5/18 update

13»

Comments

• SalJamSalJam Posts: 125
    I've been there for a bunch of shows in the late 80's and 90's... G'nR, Rush, Triumph, Boston.. to name a few. I actually took my 6 year old daughter there two years ago for a certain young female singer that I dont want to name here..... I just can't see PJ playing there. However, there are some decent pregame bars nearby...
  • falconfalcon Posts: 163
    Worcester's DCU Center is not much smaller than the Hartford Civic Center. The city has great restaurants, bars and hotels. It would work.
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Holy Hell! Party at Palacios!!!!!!! :D8-):lol:
    :idea:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    this is completely breaking my heart...I was just hoping...whatever...

I am right there with you! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the quickly arranged Northeast tour and the Boston show. It just seems like the PERFECT opportunity to try and pull off something magical like the Orpheum or Fenway in Boston.

Just sayin
    :D

trust me fenway is far from magical. i saw my favorite band there last summer (PHISH) and the sound was abysmal and i even had field seats. i'd rather drive to NH or Providence for an additional pj show if the garden is a no go.
    Never seen a show at Fenway and even I can figure this out. Never understood where the fuck does this weird desire of people to see the band at a ballpark. Do you guys not wanna hear what they're playing? Coz you won't be able to.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Wherever it ends up being, it will be amazing. I just hope they figure out where it is soon or let us know that the date is off. The anticipation is too much....

Just sayin' ;)

L
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • juan lesterjuan lester Posts: 321
    if the boys play worcester, they might blow the roof off, literally. i can't believe the centrum (or whatever) is still around. i spend my youth in that city, and remember when it was built and all the hype surrounding the new arena. the plan was that all the good bands would come to worcester instead of boston because the garden was an old dumpy shithole and the centrum was a state of the art facility. i saw Van Halen tour tours (diver down, 1984) a bunch of U2 and springsteen shows, Billy joel, REM, ACDC, some lame bands whatever girl i was dating made me go to. good times.
    however, can't be too much tread left on those centrum tires. PJ plays and i'm gonna wear a hardhat. that place HAS to be ready to fall apart. it'd still be fucking awesome.

trivia - which concert opened the Centrum (without googling)? if they play, i'll buy you a beer at lietrims or the wonder bar for correct answer.
    uke can save the world
  • -Q--Q- Posts: 169
    They are finally gonna play a show for us loyal Uxbridge residents. At last count, there were 3.
    i live in Douglas...... we are everywhere
  • falconfalcon Posts: 163
    if the boys play worcester, they might blow the roof off, literally. i can't believe the centrum (or whatever) is still around. i spend my youth in that city, and remember when it was built and all the hype surrounding the new arena. the plan was that all the good bands would come to worcester instead of boston because the garden was an old dumpy shithole and the centrum was a state of the art facility. i saw Van Halen tour tours (diver down, 1984) a bunch of U2 and springsteen shows, Billy joel, REM, ACDC, some lame bands whatever girl i was dating made me go to. good times.
    however, can't be too much tread left on those centrum tires. PJ plays and i'm gonna wear a hardhat. that place HAS to be ready to fall apart. it'd still be fucking awesome.

trivia - which concert opened the Centrum (without googling)? if they play, i'll buy you a beer at lietrims or the wonder bar for correct answer.

Frank Sinatra, I think. The Wonder Bar! That brings back memories.
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    falcon wrote:
    Worcester's DCU Center is not much smaller than the Hartford Civic Center. The city has great restaurants, bars and hotels. It would work.

Plus, who among us does not want a t-shirt that reads "Woostah" on the front and "23" on the back? You want it. You know you want it. :D

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV wrote:
    falcon wrote:

Plus, who among us does not want a t-shirt that reads "Woostah" on the front and "23" on the back? You want it. You know you want it. :D

you mean "i got sauced in Worcestershire" shirts? i'd buy one! ;)
  • soopsoop Posts: 191
    Is the former-Greatwoods not available? I love the outdoor shows.
  • JimmyV wrote:
    falcon wrote:

you mean "i got sauced in Worcestershire" shirts? i'd buy one! ;)

+1
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

start spreadin the news, Sinatra it is! should this highly unlikely scenerio of Pj in worcester play out, i officially owe 'falcon' beers at any establishment of his or her choice. though choosing the wonder bar sure would keep it on the cheap. hell, the boys play worcester and buy everyone beers at the wonder bar - it is a place that needs to be experienced to be believed, and will certainly require it's own thread if a worcester announcement is made.
    uke can save the world
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695

Damn, was beaten to it, I remember Sinatra opening the place (its OK, I don't drink anyway), and if I recall, Van Halen was the first rock show there.

Seen quite a few show there over the years, I think the first one I saw there was Loverboy with Zebra opening. (How's that for a show!! ;) )
    Also saw U2's ZooTV there, Aerosmith on New Year's Eve, Guns N Roses (with Soundgarden opening) back to back nights in late 91, Van Halen and a bunch of others.

For a while there were just about no concerts at the old Boston Garden and the Centrum was getting all of them, basically from 1982 through 1987, then Larry Moulter convinced U2 to play the Garden on the Joshua Tree tour and the Garden became viable for concerts again for the last few years of its existence.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    i was in sixth grade when Van Halen came the the centrum. in my class of about 30, me and a friend (kate meagher - long term memory still tip top) were the only one's whose parents would let us go. my folks were strict as hell, and their taste in music, well, let's just say they went to opening nite with sinatra. they were unfamiliar with the likes of diamond dave, eddie van halen., etc. when they asked "what's this band like that you want to go see?" i came up with something like, "um, they're these brothers who grew up playing classical music and now they play some more rock and roll, um, i think." at that point i had not soiled my own reputation yet - my folks still trusted me, so they did no further research (silly folks). next thing you know, i'm at the new centrum, shirtless spicoli lookalike is handing me a joint, david lee roth in assless chaps drinking jack daniels out of the bottle, saying to the crowd "you bet your fucking ass it's real", eddie soloing and kung fu kicking this enormous speaker till it wabbles.
    it was a solid introduction to live rock and roll. good times.
    my ears rang for about a week.
    uke can save the world
  • I know this has been mentioned on other post regarding 5/18 TBD, but friend of mine who works at TU Center in Albany said he had heard PJ management had inquired regarding availability for that date in last week, but have a feeling it may be back up to bigger city(Boston 20) but it is on the way to NYC shows. We can hope, but I am set for hartford, so I would be pissed if it did happen unless I could get rid of Hartford Tickets.
    11/5/91: Troy NY "I Just Want to SCREAM... HELLO!"
    8/4/92:Saratoga NY 4/6/94:Mass 9/13/98:CT
    8/27/2000:Saratoga NY,10/04/2000:Montreal,Canada
    04/29/03:Albany, 5/12/06:Albany NY,10/31/09:Philly,5/15/10Hartford CT