Yet another 5/18 update

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    CServant wrote:
    I think they're waiting more on the Bruins then the Celtics. The Celts are already in whereas the Bruins are still fighting for a playoff spot. That's the undetermined variable on the Garden.
    I think its that and the seeding that the Celtics get will determine where in the playoff schedule they are. I think someone had said those dates all will be announced fairly soon as well from the NBA.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    drsluggo wrote:
    CServant wrote:
    I think they're waiting more on the Bruins then the Celtics. The Celts are already in whereas the Bruins are still fighting for a playoff spot. That's the undetermined variable on the Garden.
    I think its that and the seeding that the Celtics get will determine where in the playoff schedule they are. I think someone had said those dates all will be announced fairly soon as well from the NBA.

I think it some of both. The Celts are most likely the 3 seed and on the road after the first round. The Bruins could be 6-8 right now, but if 8 probably done in the first round against the Caps. But the arena might have to wait since they can't book dates if both teams may make the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I would think the NBA/NHL probably has tentative dates for each round for home and away games based on 7 game series so far, but not made public yet.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • they've got a food expo on the 19th so it's cutting it close.

http://www.dcucenter.com/eventcalendar.php
    Are you going to the food expo, YourDirtisMyfood?
    maybe theyll be selling edible shoes? MMMMMM. Your dirt is my f*cking food. Dont you understand that by now?
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    Literally right down the street from my college :D I would be SO PUMPED!.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    drsluggo wrote:
    CServant wrote:

the dates aren't publicly announced until the season is over ... week of April 14th

but... i'm sure the NBA already has an outline... which they probably share with buildings with NHL, concert, etc concerns
    if they play May 18th it will be at the Garden...they will not transport all their shit just for one show somwhere else...that just doesn't make sense....neither does 1 show in Boston!

i'll shit myself if they don't add another date at the Garden within the next 2 weeks.

dude... you're kidding right?

you seem so fanboy on this issue

;)

love

Rick
  • if they play May 18th it will be at the Garden...they will not transport all their shit just for one show somwhere else...that just doesn't make sense....neither does 1 show in Boston!

i'll shit myself if they don't add another date at the Garden within the next 2 weeks.

;)

love

Rick

more like "fan man" there....Rick! ;):mrgreen:
  • Anyone think these threads might be for nothing, considering 05/18 is no longer listed on the Tour page?
    Used to be there.
    Just saying.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    if they play May 18th it will be at the Garden...they will not transport all their shit just for one show somwhere else...that just doesn't make sense....neither does 1 show in Boston!

;)

love

Rick

more like "fan man" there....Rick! ;):mrgreen:

WAY better than "man fan", CB...
    Anyone think these threads might be for nothing, considering 05/18 is no longer listed on the Tour page?
    Used to be there.
    Just saying.
    Why does everyone end their posts with Just Saying lately? Is it an east coast thing?

Not flaming... I'm genuinely curious. I haven't noticed it much at all until these tour dates were announced.
  • drsluggo wrote:
    Anyone think these threads might be for nothing, considering 05/18 is no longer listed on the Tour page?
    Used to be there.
    Just saying.
    Why does everyone end their posts with Just Saying lately? Is it an east coast thing?

Not flaming... I'm genuinely curious. I haven't noticed it much at all until these tour dates were announced.

You forgot to sign it "Just saying."
    Just saying.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    My buddy just called me and left a message saying that he got a very interesting phone call last night. Apparently, if PJ is unable to secure TD Banknorth on 5/18, they have put an inquiry in at the DCU Center (formerly the Worcester Centrum). Again, they hope to make this decision in the next week or so.

I'll keep eveyrone posted if I hear from my buddy.

I work right next door to the DCU center in Worcester...this would be so awesome if they played in Worcester. I doubt it will happen...the second show will end up in Boston but knowing that they even inquired about playing in Worcester puts a big :D on my face!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
    drsluggo wrote:
    Used to be there.
    Just saying.

i've never noticed but i did have a friend on FBook freak OUT about people using it too much

i think it's when people aren't confident in their reply... and are therefore fearful of being flamed in return

maybe?

just sayin?

;)
    I work right next door to the DCU center in Worcester...this would be so awesome if they played in Worcester. I doubt it will happen...the second show will end up in Boston but knowing that they even inquired about playing in Worcester puts a big :D on my face!

why do you doubt worcester ... but not doubt boston?

and why do you believe that worcester was actually inquired about?

like my friend nancy kerrigan said

WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ;)
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335

Cause I belive the OP when he says PJ inquired about playing the DC Center....

JUST SAYIN...
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020

Cause I said it.

Just sayin
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Just sayin!

....just sayin.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Just sayin!

....just sayin.
    I WILL SEE YOU ALL IN HELL! :lol::lol::lol:
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I think the real question that needs to be asked is:

If, god forbid, there is no show on 5/18, at what point will the 10c let us know? I would assume there will be a little rush of people (me included) trying to get tix to Hartford instead.
  • I think the real question that needs to be asked is:

If, god forbid, there is no show on 5/18, at what point will the 10c let us know? I would assume there will be a little rush of people (me included) trying to get tix to Hartford instead.

No Boston 2 would make me sad :cry:
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I think the real question that needs to be asked is:

I would think timeing wise for everything, we will know within the next two weeks one way or another
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • I think the answer lies in Mansfield...

just sayin...
  • I think the answer lies in Mansfield...

just sayin...

Too early in the season for Mansfield!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Tell uuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssss!!!!

Come on!!!!

Are we there yet?????

I hafta peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's touching me!!!!

Nu-uh

Uh-uh

Nu-uh

Uh-uh
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • this is completely breaking my heart...I was just hoping...whatever...

I am right there with you! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the quickly arranged Northeast tour and the Boston show. It just seems like the PERFECT opportunity to try and pull off something magical like the Orpheum or Fenway in Boston.

Just sayin
    :D
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    if you think about it. the location depends on the hockey playoffs. I bet its between 2 cities and the band is waiting to see who has an open arena that date.

I am right there with you! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the quickly arranged Northeast tour and the Boston show. It just seems like the PERFECT opportunity to try and pull off something magical like the Orpheum or Fenway in Boston.

Just sayin

trust me fenway is far from magical. i saw my favorite band there last summer (PHISH) and the sound was abysmal and i even had field seats. i'd rather drive to NH or Providence for an additional pj show if the garden is a no go.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."

Just sayin

trust me fenway is far from magical. i saw my favorite band there last summer (PHISH) and the sound was abysmal and i even had field seats. i'd rather drive to NH or Providence for an additional pj show if the garden is a no go.

I am sorry that the sound was not great at Phish. I have seen DMB & Police there. I agree that the sound is not "hatch shell" quality, but there is something about seeing bands in Fenway. To see Pearl Jam at Fenway, to me, would be epic. I do not think Fenway will happen on 5/18 anyway, because of the Sox playing home next day. Hopefully some day...
  • SalJamSalJam Posts: 125
    I live 15 minutes from the Worcester venue... It's horrible. I'd rather drive to Providence!
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    That venue is small, outdated and tired, the general area is fun and it would be interesting if they did in fact do worcester - but its highly unlikely. The logistics and everything for a small worcester show don't make sense.

Neil Diamond and Van Halen put that building on the concert map in the early 80's. :lol: The former still plays that building a few dates every year.