Yet another 5/18 update

CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
edited April 2010 in The Porch
My buddy just called me and left a message saying that he got a very interesting phone call last night. Apparently, if PJ is unable to secure TD Banknorth on 5/18, they have put an inquiry in at the DCU Center (formerly the Worcester Centrum). Again, they hope to make this decision in the next week or so.

I'll keep eveyrone posted if I hear from my buddy.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    That could be pretty solid - the second place has a much smaller capacity so that could be kind of fun.

We'll see though - always easier to have both shows at the same place.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    How far a drive is it from Boston? It would be cool if there is a bigger 10c allotment since there is not much time until this show.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    How far a drive is it from Boston? It would be cool if there is a bigger 10c allotment since there is not much time until this show.

45 mins to an hour
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    DCU Center? Works for me!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • this is completely breaking my heart...I was just hoping...whatever...
    Yeah - I'd be more than OK with this. I have to fly back home from Hartford, so this would take me that way which is a small plus. :)
    this is completely breaking my heart...I was just hoping...whatever...
    What? Fenway? I was hoping that too...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I will take it, but man I hate going to Worcester. Just not a big fan of that city. Last time I went to a show there people were walking around offering me heroin.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    jervin007 wrote:
    I will take it, but man I hate going to Worcester. Just not a big fan of that city. Last time I went to a show there people were walking around offering me heroin.

Were you wearing a "Heroin wanted" T-shirt?
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Not a fan of this venue.
    I would still go.
    Saw Rage Against The Machine there in 1997. Craziness.

I agree, Worcester stinks.
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    I love Worcester but this place sucks. Went there and saw Neil Young /Wilco recently and the place is just outdated and small. Small corridors and seats are crammed together with no leg room.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    jervin007 wrote:

Were you wearing a "Heroin wanted" T-shirt?

Haha...maybe it was because I was walking around going "got your insulin syringes." That may have attracted the scumbags to me. :lol:
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    is there a train or public transportation from Boston? wasn't planning on renting a car when I was in Boston .
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Bird889 wrote:
    is there a train or public transportation from Boston? wasn't planning on renting a car when I was in Boston .

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/ ... e=WORCSTER
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    Mcam55 wrote:
    I love Worcester but this place sucks. Went there and saw Neil Young /Wilco recently and the place is just outdated and small. Small corridors and seats are crammed together with no leg room.
    Ahh... so its modeled after the Spectrum? :)
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Bird889 wrote:

you can take the train from South Station in Boston to Union Station in Worcester.
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Holy Hell! Party at Palacios!!!!!!! :D8-):lol:
    I love to turn you on
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    drsluggo wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:
    Ahh... so its modeled after the Spectrum? :)

haha... exactly what i thought

night 3 at the spectrum reminded me of a celtics game i went to a couple of years ago in worcester

a game that was RAINED OUT

so that tells you the quality of the venue

i love it because it's small and real close to me

do it PJ!!!!!
  • JL19851JL19851 Posts: 209
    Yeah, those sound like the same complaints I had of the Spectrum.

As far as Fenway goes, I don't understand (other than sentimentality) why anyone would want to go to a concert there, or in any stadium. Stadiums kill any good vibes by their sheer size. I saw Springsteen in the Nassau Coliseum (think size of Spectrum) and it was one of those life altering experiences, then saw him 5 months later at Giants Stadium and didn't have nearly as much fun because of the open air nature of stadiums and the gigantic crowd, which kills the intimacy of a show.

Part of the beauty of a Pearl Jam show is that they are great at making arena shows feel intimate and fuel the feeling that a particular show is special to your experience. Having seen Pearl Jam at Lollapalooza in 07, about halfway back, that feeling was pretty lost in the field. Just felt like a gigantic concert.

This is all not to mention that if they can't sell out [insert corporate name here] Garden in Boston, how are they gonna sell out a place that holds 3 times as many people.
  • RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    jervin007 wrote:

I will take it also, but fuuuuuuck...Worcester??

The place is just so AIDS-ie....

I'm WAY for Manchvegas before this...
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Holy Hell! Party at Palacios!!!!!!! :D8-):lol:

exactly... they may need to look for a new place ;)
  • the centrum is a shithole but ive seen some awesome shows there. although anoither garden show would be better since i can just take the t to the show.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • if they play May 18th it will be at the Garden...they will not transport all their shit just for one show somwhere else...that just doesn't make sense....neither does 1 show in Boston!

i'll shit myself if they don't add another date at the Garden within the next 2 weeks.
    if they play May 18th it will be at the Garden...they will not transport all their shit just for one show somwhere else...that just doesn't make sense....neither does 1 show in Boston!

i'll shit myself if they don't add another date at the Garden within the next 2 weeks.
    Unless its out of their hands because of NBA playoffs...
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    drsluggo wrote:
    if they play May 18th it will be at the Garden...they will not transport all their shit just for one show somwhere else...that just doesn't make sense....neither does 1 show in Boston!

Unless its out of their hands because of NBA playoffs...

I think they're waiting more on the Bruins then the Celtics. The Celts are already in whereas the Bruins are still fighting for a playoff spot. That's the undetermined variable on the Garden.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • they've got a food expo on the 19th so it's cutting it close.

http://www.dcucenter.com/eventcalendar.php
    they've got a food expo on the 19th so it's cutting it close.

http://www.dcucenter.com/eventcalendar.php
    Are you going to the food expo, YourDirtisMyfood?
  • shepshep Posts: 5,765
    Let's go Atlanta thrashers!!!

I think hell just might have froze over....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    They are finally gonna play a show for us loyal Uxbridge residents. At last count, there were 3.