It's The BLUE FIXER SINGLE!!! Or is it?! Help us out 10C!

Comments

• hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Could the 10 Club at least reply with an I don't know if it's legit? I don't think that is too much to ask.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    according to my research it was purchased by the seller at SXSW for $1,000...
    so if it ain't real, he got duped out of a grand, but I'm leaning toward believing it
    to be genuine...would any of us drop a grand on a guess? :shock:

what is SXSW?

South by Southwest, music festival in Austin, TX. Great time, miss my Austin days, great city.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    Could the 10 Club at least reply with an I don't know if it's legit? I don't think that is too much to ask.

is it because the OP was called a flipper by santos :shock:

Even if that is the case, other people want to know. That isn't a valid reason.
  • jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    I will say the color doesn't look right, but could it be because there is like a thin paper sleeve over the record? Kinda looks like that.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272

Even if that is the case, other people want to know. That isn't a valid reason.

collecting stuff is over rated
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Spin the black circle, my ASS!!! :lol:
  • OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    Why can't we regular/diehard/normal PJ fans get the chance to own Orange or Blue 7" vinyl?
    I mean with decent price not outrageous/ insanely/ ridiculous price.
    I'm going to press my own blue vinyl now :twisted:
  • OceanStone wrote:
    Why can't we regular/diehard/normal PJ fans get the chance to own Orange or Blue 7" vinyl?
    I mean with decent price not outrageous/ insanely/ ridiculous price.
    I'm going to press my own blue vinyl now :twisted:

I think the orange fixers should have been made available to the fanclub...even if it was a lottery situation or something.....but, what the Hell do I know........ :?: ;)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,843
    I am going to take my Fixer vinyl and run a marker down the front. Then I am going to place it on Ebay and say that I received this from the band and that Eddie had accidentaly marked up the vinyl.

Then I will come on this board and demand that the Ten Club tell me it is legit.

I don't think the Ten Club is going to guarantee the authenticity of any Ebay item because they cannot guarantee it. They don't have the item in their possession to tell if it is real or not. So I wouldn't expect an answer.
    I am going to take my Fixer vinyl and run a marker down the front. Then I am going to place it on Ebay and say that I received this from the band and that Eddie had accidentaly marked up the vinyl.

Then I will come on this board and demand that the Ten Club tell me it is legit.

I don't think the Ten Club is going to guarantee the authenticity of any Ebay item because they cannot guarantee it. They don't have the item in their possession to tell if it is real or not. So I wouldn't expect an answer.

That would totally explain why in the past they have confirm or denied if certain ebay autographs are fake.

Also I didn't see any demands....I saw questions. I would say that this site would be the most accurate place in the entire world to confirm or deny the legitimacy of something with Pearl Jam's name on it. What is the deal with you yelling at people for asking questions on this board?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,843

That would totally explain why in the past they have confirm or denied if certain ebay autographs are fake.

Also I didn't see any demands....I saw questions. I would say that this site would be the most accurate place in the entire world to confirm or deny the legitimacy of something with Pearl Jam's name on it. What is the deal with you yelling at people for asking questions on this board?

Because if they don't hear from the fan club within a day they complain "Wah wah why doesn't the fan club tell us anything." Then they ask the questions in bold large type when they would never do that in an email to a client or customer.

It is not the job of the fan club to confirm the legitimacy of this item. I guess it is fine to ask questions that don't need to be answered. Just don't get mad when they don't get answered.
  • I'm not mad at the 10C......just looking for some light...........for $2,000 it's a simple question...

and I would type a bold line in any e-mail to anyone........

SEE!

;)
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

Go santos go.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    It seems legit. Too legit to quit! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdk1gwWH-Cg
  • it is a marble blue/white vinyl not the blue vinyl i saw on internet ...i think it is a reproduction but don't now if legit or not

TOO LEGIT TOO LEGIT TO QUIT

TOO LEGIT TOO LEGIT TO QUIT

:mrgreen:
    OCEANS ::: A Tribute To PEARL JAM

www.myspace.com/oceansweb
    20045yu858.gif

:lol:
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    100 Pacer wrote:

buyer beware:

the 7" being auctioned above is someone's attempt to auction off a rather-poorly painted vinyl. as mentioned above, the real vinyl should look like this:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/ ... G_0582.jpg
    How can you be so sure? Even that one has a bit of white in it, isn't there often quite a bit of variance in marbling colours?
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    marble blue, regular blue, ocean blue, green-blue, white, orange...people are such fucking suckers.

i own a few colored vinyls, but to spend that much on one, I mean come on.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    bazzer wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

buyer beware:

the 7" being auctioned above is someone's attempt to auction off a rather-poorly painted vinyl. as mentioned above, the real vinyl should look like this:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/ ... G_0582.jpg
    How can you be so sure? Even that one has a bit of white in it, isn't there often quite a bit of variance in marbling colours?

an authentic 7" The Fixer blue vinyl isn't marbled, which makes it simple enough to tell the difference between a real example and the fake example being auctioned off.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • this would be really simple for the staff at 10C to verify for us........but they won't...whatever guys :oops:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    an authentic 7" The Fixer blue vinyl isn't marbled, which makes it simple enough to tell the difference between a real example and the fake example being auctioned off.
    The picture you posted is clearly very slightly marbled. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that they pressed a few blue ones at the end of the white run. Therefore, some would be closer to the white end and some closer to the blue, resulting in a range of colours.

But then, Im not saying this is legit as I don't have any inside info and I haven't seen enough pictures of these to know for sure. Have you? You really think someone has painted up a white Fixer?!
    this would be really simple for the staff at 10C to verify for us........but they won't...whatever guys :oops:
    If someone from 10C came on here and said it was real/fake would that make anyone here more or less liekly to bid on this thing? Really? If not, what's the big deal? You just want to know if it's for real I suppose, which is fair enough I guess.
    bazzer wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    The picture you posted is clearly very slightly marbled. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that they pressed a few blue ones at the end of the white run. Therefore, some would be closer to the white end and some closer to the blue, resulting in a range of colours.

But then, Im not saying this is legit as I don't have any inside info and I haven't seen enough pictures of these to know for sure. Have you? You really think someone has painted up a white Fixer?!

this "range of colors" scenario isn't realistic. the differences are too strong to ignore, which is why I believe the example being auctioned off is fake and that it is indeed painted.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    All I know is the auction is still up for the past few day's now. It hasn't been taken down yet for fraud or error. For something that is up this long while emails sent to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:auction@tenclub.net">auction@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> & the 10club reps reading our posts here without saying a word about it, it must be legit. They would of done something about it if it was a fraud, right? :|
    demetrios wrote:
    All I know is the auction is still up for the past few day's now. It hasn't been taken down yet for fraud or error. For something that is up this long while emails sent to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:auction@tenclub.net">auction@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> & the 10club reps reading our posts here without saying a word about it, it must be legit. They would of done something about it if it was a fraud, right? :|

10C wouldn't take steps to have the auction removed, as it doesn't violate any of 10C's terms and conditions. furthermore, the seller hasn't committed any fraud as far as I can tell. he/she is auctioning off a blue vinyl, as advertised (albeit not genuine).

100 Pacer wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

this "range of colors" scenario isn't realistic. the differences are too strong to ignore, which is why I believe the example being auctioned off is fake and that it is indeed painted.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a "reject" from the pressing plant. If so, does that make it more or less valuable?

You thnk the "range of colours" scenario isn't realistic? How much marbled vinyl do you have? I've seen a ton of contrasting colours where one or the other is more prevalent on different pressings. The blue in that auction looks a pretty good match to the solid blue of the one you posted, just mixed in with a lot more white. Really doesn't look painted. Why wouldn't you paint the whole thing blue in that case? Wacky!
    bazzer wrote:
    You thnk the "range of colours" scenario isn't realistic? How much marbled vinyl do you have? I've seen a ton of contrasting colours where one or the other is more prevalent on different pressings. The blue in that auction looks a pretty good match to the solid blue of the one you posted, just mixed in with a lot more white. Really doesn't look painted. Why wouldn't you paint the whole thing blue in that case? Wacky!

i have an extensive vinyl collection, but I don't see how that relates to the specific issue at hand: an authentic example of the vinyl in question looks nothing like the example being auctioned off. you appear to be more confident about dismissing the striking differences in color and shade, whereas I can't seem to understand how such differences could be easily dismissed. I won't begin to question bootlegging techniques, but I also won't/can't ignore what I see with my own eyes.

100 Pacer wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

10C wouldn't take steps to have the auction removed, as it doesn't violate any of 10C's terms and conditions. furthermore, the seller hasn't committed any fraud as far as I can tell. he/she is auctioning off a blue vinyl, as advertised (albeit not genuine).

Pearl Jam Co. would try to do something about it. But with the amount of time this vinyl has been up on eBay, it looks like it's ok, so there's no need to take action. When it comes to fan made DVD's, illegal boots & bootleg goods selling on eBay or any other website, they try their best to close down those auction's before a buyer makes the purchase. Plus if it's their very own Pearl Jam marking, aka "The Fixer" single, blue version, they would know. If it's bootleg, coloring over a white Fixer, they would take action ... hopefully ...
  • 100 Pacer wrote:
    i have an extensive vinyl collection, but I don't see how that relates to the specific issue at hand: an authentic example of the vinyl in question looks nothing like the example being auctioned off. you appear to be more confident about dismissing the striking differences in color and shade, whereas I can't seem to understand how such differences could be easily dismissed. I won't begin to question bootlegging techniques, but I also won't/can't ignore what I see with my own eyes.

i agree
    i don't think they pressed a few blue ones at the end of the white run. I don't think they have a range of colors from white to blue. remember the blue translucent versus
    i think they used only one color vinyl paste to do only 50 fixer...i think a vinyl paste is the same from the first to the last vinyl ...i don't think the color fade at the last of the production
    i don't understand how it can be possible...
    OCEANS ::: A Tribute To PEARL JAM

www.myspace.com/oceansweb
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    100 Pacer wrote:

i agree
    i don't think they pressed a few blue ones at the end of the white run. I don't think they have a range of colors from white to blue. remember the blue translucent versus
    i think they used only one color vinyl paste to do only 50 fixer...i think a vinyl paste is the same from the first to the last vinyl ...i don't think the color fade at the last of the production
    i don't understand how it can be possible...

I think its fair to say we may never know.

To add to this though I have seen a number of the orange fixers that look different when pictured in different ways, some look a deep orange whereas some look a light gold....depending on the light and the surface pictured against

Im no vinyl expert, but had heard that there was a legit blue fixer made....but maybe that isnt true...we genuinely have no way of knowing. However I have been in touch with one person who works close to the band who seemed to confirm the existance of the record but hadnt seen one.

god knows.