It's The BLUE FIXER SINGLE!!! Or is it?! Help us out 10C!

edited April 2010 in The Porch
http://cgi.ebay.com/PEARL-JAM-the-FIXER ... 563aff1f6b

Can I get a God Damn ???!!!!!

obviously not mine..... ;)
"No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    :shock:

I had not idea this existed. Nice find mate.
    México 24/11/2011
  • It's the blue version only handed out by the band for their friends and families!

Should be very interesting to see how it plays out.....
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Even if i hit lotto, i'd like to think i'd have more sense. 2 grand for a rare record, same song as 1 dollar itunes download. :P
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    I would like to meet the person who pays $2000 for this, so I can either ask them for at least $500,000 since they are clearly insanely rich, have money to burn, and would'nt even notice giving away that much money, or punch them in the face for wasting $2000 on a 45.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    KO282453 wrote:
    same song as 1 dollar itunes download. :P
    And a song that sucks anyway!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Yeah - I love collecting all things PJ, but this one I just cant justify. I paid $400 for an Orange Fixer and kind of immediately regretted it even though it was technically free (I had $400 in eBay bucks to use). And even THEN I regretted it!

$2K for the same 7" in another color I just can't do. I'll keep watching for that and a white B/S, but I will never pay those prices. Unless I come into millions of dollars, but since I'm not a huge lotto guy its not going to happen!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    KO282453 wrote:
    +1 :lol:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    drsluggo wrote:
    $2K for the same 7" in another color I just can't do. I'll keep watching for that and a white B/S, but I will never pay those prices. Unless I come into millions of dollars, but since I'm not a huge lotto guy its not going to happen!

I agree with you there. The single is still fresh, not even a year old and it's selling for 2 thousand American Dollars? That's alot of mula for a fresh printed vinyl.

It's kinda sad that the band (if it's true) gave only copies of the blue Fixer to family & friends, that one of those people are selling it to make profit out of it. Great friend of the band alright. If I had a copy I would never of sold it. But that's me. I'm a Pearl Jam Archivist!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    US $25.00

Greece

USPS First Class Mail International

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    some friends they are . lol . there selling the shit . WTF . here is a gift from me to u and i think u should sell it . :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    KO282453 wrote:
    :lol:
    México 24/11/2011
  • Funny, it's different from this one: http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/ ... G_0582.jpg
  • Funny, it's different from this one: http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/ ... G_0582.jpg

I noticed that as well....pretty interesting nonetheless.....considering I just bought a SOLDIER FIELD for $330...I could never justify that kind of money for a 7"
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    WOW
    What a money maker this band has become. I remember my first show it was 19.50 to see the show. We traded setlists, concerts etc.... Now its x for a poster x for a single. C'mon We are not major league baseball
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • Hahaha! What retard would pay 2Grand for "The Fixer"? What a joke. Seriously, if someone buys this, they should be punched in the face.
    I'm about to explode cause I can't carry your load
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Hahaha! What retard would pay 2Grand for "The Fixer"? What a joke. Seriously, if someone buys this, they should be punched in the face.

Tyson 87 punched or MMA Style?
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    airblue1 wrote:
    WOW
    What a money maker this band has become. I remember my first show it was 19.50 to see the show. We traded setlists, concerts etc.... Now its x for a poster x for a single. C'mon We are not major league baseball

They are money makers cause they are doing it smart. the moment the Re release everything . there value is going to the floor . Look what happen to the original ten LP u cant give that LP away .
  • airblue1 wrote:
    Hahaha! What retard would pay 2Grand for "The Fixer"? What a joke. Seriously, if someone buys this, they should be punched in the face.

Tyson 87 punched or MMA Style?

Tyson 87! One punch and you're out.
    I'm about to explode cause I can't carry your load
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,905
    edited March 2010

buyer beware:

the 7" being auctioned above is someone's attempt to auction off a rather-poorly painted vinyl. as mentioned above, the real vinyl should look like this:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/ ... G_0582.jpg
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • I'm certainly not vouching for anyone, as I don't know 'em, but with over 1800 feedback and a 100% positive...who knows....doesn't really look painted though...more marbled...either way it doesn't really matter...I seriously doubt anyone will actually bid on it.....I was just shocked to see it in the first place....I just asked him to clarify where he got it (or she, sorry...) because they didn't answer that part of the question sent before....maybe someone here at 10C could help us verify it being legit?!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Hey, at least it's free shipping. :roll:

Seriously, I don't even listen to the white copy I have

(in the words of Happy Gilmore): "Blue vinyl, white vinyl, who gives a shit?"
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • according to my research it was purchased by the seller at SXSW for $1,000...

so if it ain't real, he got duped out of a grand, but I'm leaning toward believing it to be genuine...would any of us drop a grand on a guess? :shock:
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Nothing from 10c yet on this Snoopy?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • not a word, but Santos don't like me 'cuz I'm a flipper douchebag :lol::lol::lol:
  • OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    I am a 21st century digital boy, so maybe I am just retarded, but would the eventual owner of this play it and find jesus or something?? If it is simply to own something nobody else owns and that a select few would want, well, I still cannot understand.......even though I am ridiculous with certain items I have collected....I guess I don't own anything that you cannot use as it was intended....like why would I buy a golden penis enlarger if all I could do was look at it...I want that thing doing its job....and to tie this all together, why buy a golden one when the soft vinyl one my mom got me for 3 dollars at the flea market has worked just the same all of these years......

Well, to each his own,....I'll stick to digital copies for my music and vinyl for "other"
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    according to my research it was purchased by the seller at SXSW for $1,000...

so if it ain't real, he got duped out of a grand, but I'm leaning toward believing it to be genuine...would any of us drop a grand on a guess? :shock:

I dropped a grand on Guess His Weight at the fair....he said it was either 210 or 211, my choice...the funny thing was, after guessing 211 and losing, he let me bet again....I took 211 again, and was still wrong.
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • 100 Pacer wrote:

buyer beware:

the 7" being auctioned above is someone's attempt to auction off a rather-poorly painted vinyl. as mentioned above, the real vinyl should look like this:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/ ... G_0582.jpg

i agree
    i think it is not the release that there is only inside the 10c
    he told me it was from an "insider" ...what does it mean? none can know it
    OCEANS ::: A Tribute To PEARL JAM

www.myspace.com/oceansweb
  • according to my research it was purchased by the seller at SXSW for $1,000...

what is SXSW?

• OffMeGoes wrote:
    why buy a golden one when the soft vinyl one my mom got me for 3 dollars at the flea market has worked just the same all of these years......

for the same reason one can be married but in case would be with Angelina Jolie ;)
    you can do the same things with your wife so why should i stay with angelina if she would like? :D

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    If you guy's have already sent messages to 10club & the item is still available over @ eBay, then the item must be legit, right? Kinda sucks we as fans don't know anything about these rare gems. How many white Backspacer Lp's there are? How many orange Fixer singles there are? How many blue Fixer singles there are? And in what shades?