YIELD WINS HANDS DOWN!

Comments

• coaljam wrote:
    Man you have to chill out. I was bieng dramatic with my dislike for Backspacer. Do you really think some Backspacer lover (who we can assume must be deaf) is going to come read my post and start crying and burning all their PJ Cd's?
    I think their are literally hundreds of people on this board who take any insults on PJ as personal attacks. Lets all relax and unite with our dislike for Backspacer and the bands overpriced tickets.

I think THERE are literally hundreds of people on this board who are sick and tired of the endless bitching and whining that litters this forum. Save it for your blog.

And literally hundreds of others who love Backspacer lol
    FON 4 Life :lol::lol::lol:
    "It's No Crime To Escape"... AGAIN and AGAIN!!

8-22-1998:Barrie, ON (First Show Ever)~~~10-5-2000: Toronto, ON (where the F*%& is the poster for this Show)~~~6-28-2003: Toronto, ON (Waterfront Fireworks)~~~9-11-2005: Kitchener, IN MY HOMETOWN!!! / 9-12-2005: London, ON(Greatest Band Ever in the Greatest Country Ever)
    ~~~5-9-2006/5-10-2006: Toronto, ON (Start of the tour;rough first night, amazing second night)~~~6-14-2008: BONNAROO!!! (GREATEST SHOW EVER)~~~8-12-2008/8-13-2008: E. Vedder Solo Tour - MASSEY HALL (an experience beyond description)~~~8-21-2009: Toronto, ON (Standard Toronto Setlist (sigh) but greatest pre set ever :) )~~~5-9-2010: Cleveland OH (TBD)~~~5-10-2010: Buffalo, NY (TBD)
  • coaljam wrote:
    Man you have to chill out. I was bieng dramatic with my dislike for Backspacer. Do you really think some Backspacer lover (who we can assume must be deaf) is going to come read my post and start crying and burning all their PJ Cd's?
    I think their are literally hundreds of people on this board who take any insults on PJ as personal attacks. Lets all relax and unite with our dislike for Backspacer and the bands overpriced tickets.

I think THERE are literally hundreds of people on this board who are sick and tired of the endless bitching and whining that litters this forum. Save it for your blog.

You are just adorable. Who told you about my blog?
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • coaljam wrote:
    coaljam wrote:

You are just adorable. Who told you about my blog?

i never miss an update :mrgreen:
    "It's No Crime To Escape"... AGAIN and AGAIN!!

8-22-1998:Barrie, ON (First Show Ever)~~~10-5-2000: Toronto, ON (where the F*%& is the poster for this Show)~~~6-28-2003: Toronto, ON (Waterfront Fireworks)~~~9-11-2005: Kitchener, IN MY HOMETOWN!!! / 9-12-2005: London, ON(Greatest Band Ever in the Greatest Country Ever)
    ~~~5-9-2006/5-10-2006: Toronto, ON (Start of the tour;rough first night, amazing second night)~~~6-14-2008: BONNAROO!!! (GREATEST SHOW EVER)~~~8-12-2008/8-13-2008: E. Vedder Solo Tour - MASSEY HALL (an experience beyond description)~~~8-21-2009: Toronto, ON (Standard Toronto Setlist (sigh) but greatest pre set ever :) )~~~5-9-2010: Cleveland OH (TBD)~~~5-10-2010: Buffalo, NY (TBD)
  • Ten
    One for each day, since I fell apart
  • RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Yield 8-)
  • Smarter_Than_USmarter_Than_U Posts: 515
    edited April 2010
    Depends on the season for me --

Spring = Yield
    Summer = Ten (but Backspacer might make a run at the title)
    Fall = No Code
    Winter = Vitalogy
    Post edited by Smarter_Than_U on
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Binaural
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • ramblinponyramblinpony Posts: 115
    Yield
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    coaljam wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    coaljam wrote:
    Yield, and if anyone votes for Backspacer then they should go listen to another band.

How can you say this about your favorite band? It's music written by the same people that wrote yield, saying that an album that they made is that bad is like slaping them in the face, you make me sick

I cannot believe I managed to make you sick and slap all 5 band members with my post; for this I truly apologize. That bieng said the fact that this band made a gem like Yield is exactly the reason why I hate Backspacer. I have (had) high expectations for this band and frankly they (imo) gave us a real stinker. I don't see why loving a band means you have to love everything they produce; blind devotion is not the mark of a true fan its the mark of an idiot.

I agree that "blind devotion is not the mark of a true fan, it's the mark of an idiot" but that doesn't mean someone who genuinely loves 'Backspacer' is practicing blind devotion. If that's what you're insinuating, you're the idiot. Most PJ fans are very discriminating/critical regarding their music...not every song or album is perfect, we all know that. With all due respect, man, have some respect.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    this could also be taken as the mark of an idiot, but I don't know you personally so I won't make that judgment:

[coaljam: "Lets all relax and unite with our dislike for Backspacer"]

Really?
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    VS.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    pearljamavocado.jpg
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • No Code for me.
    eddienocode.jpg
  • I cannot believe I managed to make you sick and slap all 5 band members with my post; for this I truly apologize. That bieng said the fact that this band made a gem like Yield is exactly the reason why I hate Backspacer. I have (had) high expectations for this band and frankly they (imo) gave us a real stinker. I don't see why loving a band means you have to love everything they produce; blind devotion is not the mark of a true fan its the mark of an idiot.[/quote]

I agree that "blind devotion is not the mark of a true fan, it's the mark of an idiot" but that doesn't mean someone who genuinely loves 'Backspacer' is practicing blind devotion. If that's what you're insinuating, you're the idiot. Most PJ fans are very discriminating/critical regarding their music...not every song or album is perfect, we all know that. With all due respect, man, have some respect.[/quote]

Cmon, you really think I view all Backspacer lovers as blind fans? I just think the album sucks musically; where are Mike and Stone? I don't like the upbeat/cheesy lyrics, and I don't like the way Eddie is making songs where he is essentialy the only one playing. The people who insult the insulters are the ones who are often blind fans. Did everyone not see this band live in 2009? Repeated shitty second encores with a string quartet? What the hell is going on? I appreciate a band growing, just not them growing into big money hungry losers. If this just pissed you off I apologize but before I get some angry responses please take a deep breath and listen to Speed of Sound, if you still disagree that Backspacer sucks, I think we can all unite under a Vitology is awesome banner. :shock:
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    V/S
    Vitalogy
    Ten
    No Code
    Yield

Riot Act
    Binaural
    Avocado
    Backspacer

For me this is such an opinionated question.....If anyone on here picked any of their first 5 albums I really wouldn't have a counter argument for them....Me personally - V/S is the best...but I can see where someone would pick any of their first 5 albums.....

Its a personal thing and I'm not gonna dog anyone, but I don't see picking one of their last 4 albums as their best, thats just me....
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    Lost Dogs, f**k thats not an option here,

My iPod says its YIELD.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    ten
  • GTOGTO Posts: 8
    BINAURAL
    You should see what I'm picking up on the road - one fantasy after another.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Last day to get votes in! no code, ten, and vs. still have a chance at catching yield!
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,033
    No Code.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Yield
  • I think they are all good and it's hard to pick one.

But I will pick Avocado just because I think that album deserves more respect then it gets. It's pretty solid from start to finish.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    Ten
  • soopsoop Posts: 191
    Backspacer
  • glbglb Posts: 356
    Vitalogy
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Ten
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 618
    I've never been able to name a favorite... for the sake of this thread I will say -

Vs.
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I think they are all good and it's hard to pick one.

But I will pick Avocado just because I think that album deserves more respect then it gets. It's pretty solid from start to finish.

Very well said, last place? 5 votes? really people? and don't even get me started on Binaural, same questions
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    no code is top of the range for me ;)
  • suprised at Vs but im not complaining. its good.