Let's Stereotype ourselves

Comments

• blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    Oh wait!
    Here’s another

The type of fan that gets so blitz that he(it’s usually a he) has to be carted off to first aide during the opening act
    Because face it PJers like to drink, some more than others.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• 5vs1wma5vs1wma Posts: 38
    Usually I would sit next to a person at a concert who had been drinking or "smoking out"; trying to sing the song and mixing lyrics of one song with another......singing outta key.......making up words on the fly......body swaying all over the place....hoping and wishing they would just pass out or go to the bathroom and don't come back....anyone?
    You think I have my eyes closed?!.....
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    Dorky 20 something grad students who waste time on the message pit instead of doing homework...
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I'm a strict vegetarian of about 18 years, was captain of the rifle team in high school 15 years ago. I have a pony tail and own a high-end retail business. I've played drums for about 25 years, but never enjoyed playing in front of people. I wear a rolex, but a $19 pair of shoes.

Which category do I get?

:D

douchebag?? :lol: just busting your balls Hoff!! :lol:
    5vs1wma wrote:
    Usually I would sit next to a person at a concert who had been drinking or "smoking out"; trying to sing the song and mixing lyrics of one song with another......singing outta key.......making up words on the fly......body swaying all over the place....hoping and wishing they would just pass out or go to the bathroom and don't come back....anyone?

Were you next to me in Tampa?? :lol: I issued a formal apology here..

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127042&start=30

Edit postReport this postReply with quoteRe: What is your biggest PJ blunder/mishap??
    by bhigh901 » 21 Mar 2010 22:16

Getting falling down drunk @ the Tampa 08 show.. Truly sorry to all the really cool/understanding people around me that night. Lesson learned and I assure you that it will never happen again.. Got the boot and heard that I missed an incredible set.. I was a dumbass.. Best thing learned from looking back to that night was finding out how nice most of my fellow fans are.. If I was the sober one and someone else was as wasted around me, I would have been pissed off and probably been a dick to them.. So Thank you to anyone with a number around 272xxx who was sitting near me..
  • evenflow82 wrote:
    Dorky 20 something grad students who waste time on the message pit instead of doing homework...

Yup thats me! Include trying to find a job after I graduate in May to that as well.

Also idk if I agree with OP's frat boy stereotype. Never seen anything of the sort at a Pearl Jam concert. DMB on the other hand is a much different story.
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
    evenflow82 wrote:

Yup thats me! Include trying to find a job after I graduate in May to that as well.

Also idk if I agree with OP's frat boy stereotype. Never seen anything of the sort at a Pearl Jam concert. DMB on the other hand is a much different story.
    I know for a fact that at the Southern shows in the 90's drunken asshole fratboys were EVERYWHERE.. :x
  • bhigh901 wrote:
    evenflow82 wrote:

I know for a fact that at the Southern shows in the 90's drunken asshole fratboys were EVERYWHERE.. :x

Could be true in the 90's but Im sure since Binaural frat boys prolly lost interest. I know i've seen a lot of drunken asshole casual "fans" at the shows only there to hear the hits.
    fuck the hits :lol:
  • bhigh901 wrote:
    fuck the hits :lol:

Heard that 8-)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    I'm a Toy's R Us kid! :|
  • Aaron 23Aaron 23 Posts: 543
    Or...
    #1- Strongly opinionated assholes
    #2- Creepy assholes
    #3- Fun stoner massholes
    #4- Kinky foreigners
    #5- Opinionated, awesome women
    #6- lame, prudish bitches
    There is is. I am easily associated with #1 on that list. If you say otherwise, you are wrong and I will fight you.
  • jamiem48jamiem48 Posts: 10
    TheVan218 wrote:
    Outcast, makes people go "there's something not right about that kid", teens.

:lol:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Or...
    #2- Creepy assholes
    #3- Fun stoner massholes
    #4- Kinky foreigners

yes! yes!
    great catagories!

i'm #5

Number 5's for the win!!!

5 here too.. 29 yo girl who just knows what good music is, and yes i give my opinion and im awesome. :)
    bhigh901 wrote:
    evenflow82 wrote:

wait... you mean Dave Matthews Band... ? lol..
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    edited March 2010
    Interesting, and fun, topic......
    Definitely a combination of the OP's categories 1 & 3, meandering through graduate school with aspirations to be half as cool as Professor Dave Jennings - if you don't know him, look him up.
    Post edited by whygohome on
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Pearl Jam spans generations, i don't know how you can try to nail them in three categories.
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Late 20's snarky girl who only listens to bands that were around in her teens? :?
    Replace "girl" by "guy" and "in her teens" by "in his teens and 1-2 decades before he was born", and there I am. :lol:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    26 near sighted Jew that's a quirky, dorky pencil pusher with an obession for crab legs, vodka tonics and live pearl jam
  • AP135303AP135303 Posts: 39
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Or...
    #2- Creepy assholes
    #3- Fun stoner massholes
    #4- Kinky foreigners

yes! yes!
    great catagories!

i'm #5

Number 5's for the win!!!

Another 29 y/o #5 - new to the boards.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    i think there are three categories of PJ fans

1. Hippie pothead types
    2. Frat boy types
    3. Dorky professional thirty or forty somethings trying to hold onto their youth

At one point or another, I've been all three. Currently (and probably for the next 15 yrs) in category three. Who am I leaving out?
    Its hard to stereotype yourself over a 20 year span. I'm not #2 or 3 never was and couldn't be so I guess out of the 3 I am the Hippie pothead type.
    But thats not the draw to PJ. I feel its the Thinker/Feeler type of person. The type who's mind is on emotion, collecting words to describe feelings, analyzing, longing to understand, searching for answers. Forever composing thought with a need to share that thought. Is that called "Deep" ? Oh and I discovered last evening while deep in thought listening to PJ- "Got Some" is them- its Pearl Jam, it perfectly fit that new revelation.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Or...
    #2- Creepy assholes
    #3- Fun stoner massholes
    #4- Kinky foreigners

How about:

#7- Creepy Massholes
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    billionaire playboy with nothing else better to do? :lol:

Or maybe I'm more in Category 3... ;)
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Blue collar trying to get from paycheck to paycheck.

This and #1, although I am too young to be a real hippie.
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Let's see - crazy, paranoid, pistol packing poet, philosopher, luddite, and forest ninja. Now who wants to be my friend?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Blue collar trying to get from paycheck to paycheck.

PMSL...Spot on there! :P
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Let's see - crazy, paranoid, pistol packing poet, philosopher, luddite, and forest ninja. Now who wants to be my friend?

i had to look up luddite, and you're ok with me!
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    #4- Kinky foreigners
    ftw!
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Davidtrios wrote:
    26 near sighted Jew that's a quirky, dorky pencil pusher with an obession for crab legs, vodka tonics and live pearl jam
    Wow add 17 years to that and we have a bingo...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    lettinggo wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

i had to look up luddite, and you're ok with me!

Like Paul Bunyan, I'm going down swingin' the ax, my friend. Those pussies out there can keep their chainsaws.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/