quality of 10c merchandise

vedderelfvedderelf Posts: 100
edited March 2010 in The Porch
I've made two purchases in the last year from the 10c and both were kind of disappointing. The lettering started coming off the PJ bag in a week (which was $5 so I'm not crying over it). The t-shirt though was $35, and while I loved the design (it was the yellow girls t with a sort of 70s motiff on it), the shirt was so threadbare I had to wear something under it and it completely lost its shape after only a couple washes.

I want to purchase some of the baby onesies for a future pearl jam fan to be born this summer, but I'm concerned about the quality issues since they're going to be a gift.

Is anyone else having these quality issues with merchandise from the 10c?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    vedderelf wrote:
    I've made two purchases in the last year from the 10c and both were kind of disappointing. The lettering started coming off the PJ bag in a week (which was $5 so I'm not crying over it). The t-shirt though was $35, and while I loved the design (it was the yellow girls t with a sort of 70s motiff on it), the shirt was so threadbare I had to wear something under it and it completely lost its shape after only a couple washes.

I want to purchase some of the baby onesies for a future pearl jam fan to be born this summer, but I'm concerned about the quality issues since they're going to be a gift.

Yeah some of the t-shirts aren't the best quality, i bought the mookie blue shirt awhile ago and after one wash acouple of the letterin started to fade! :x but i have other shirts that are very good Q , so i guess it's just depends on what you buy! i don't have any kids so i have no idea how good the onesies are, sorry! :lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    im looking on a shirt in a washing machine....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    im looking on a shirt in a washing machine....

:lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • The t-shirts are very thin. I like them thinnish, but these things are reeeeeally thin. I got a hoodie and a hat that are both excellent.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • triphobztriphobz Posts: 152
    edited March 2010
    I don't know about the other stuff but I'll go to bat for the onesies. I bought all of them for my son and are really good quality..
    Post edited by triphobz on
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    The quality of the shirts can vary as what they have in stock includes shirts left over from many different years, so they were not all made the same way. Stickers will fade pretty quickly in sunlight so they are not good for on a car, but stick well for other uses. Haven't had any problems with the onesies. They are pretty well made.
  • shellerizmshellerizm Posts: 127
    the onsies are good quality, i have two that we don't need and i'll give em' to yah for free if you want them. you can just pay the postage. pm me if you want. we have the light blue pj lighting bolt and the black royal skull. 6 months i think. only worn a couple times.

...and people stop all the complaining, i mean really, just don't buy the stuff. pearl jam does not manufacture clothing.
  • the 10 of clubs hoodie is really interesting, Chinese made and the zipper is total crap...not bad though overall, fairly priced, I guess.......they run small, too.........just my .02
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I buy my hubby lots of t-shirts- they vary on thickness but we think good quality. I love my hoodies they are great.
    And we both like our keychains very much- cool design. Waiting for some new stuff now like the coffee mug?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    The onesie is a little tight on me, but otherwise can't complain.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • shellerizmshellerizm Posts: 127
    Poncier wrote:
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    shellerizm wrote:
    the onsies are good quality, i have two that we don't need and i'll give em' to yah for free if you want them. you can just pay the postage. pm me if you want. we have the light blue pj lighting bolt and the black royal skull. 6 months i think. only worn a couple times.

...and people stop all the complaining, i mean really, just don't buy the stuff. pearl jam does not manufacture clothing.

Well when you buy through the mail sight unseen...it's kind of hard to know if the merch will be crap or not. She wasn't complaining, she was asking if the onesies were good quality.

And just because they don't manufacture clothing doesn't excuse them from selling crap. Not saying it's crap but it wouldn't be an excuse. I do know the tour shirts had been crappy until the Philly show shirts. The Phillies sports shirt was good quality.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Poncier wrote:
    yep it was ...i have a pressure in my 2 ...eyes..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    Poncier wrote:
    yep it was ...i have a pressure in my 2 ...eyes..
    i cant wait to see you two at the gigs :lol::lol:
    and yeah where are the coffee mugs? :x
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    not a big fan of the "organic" cotton T's. What the hell is organic cotton, anyway? The standard un-organic T's, I like.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    vedderelf wrote:

I bought the blue LBC style onesie for my infant son and the red lettering on the letters "PJ" came off after he only wore it once and permanently stained parts of the shirt. Definitely not worth the money.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    shellerizm wrote:

Well when you buy through the mail sight unseen...it's kind of hard to know if the merch will be crap or not. She wasn't complaining, she was asking if the onesies were good quality.

And just because they don't manufacture clothing doesn't excuse them from selling crap. Not saying it's crap but it wouldn't be an excuse. I do know the tour shirts had been crappy until the Philly show shirts. The Phillies sports shirt was good quality.

do you like anything about this band?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    DS114969 wrote:
    I bought the blue LBC style onesie for my infant son and the red lettering on the letters "PJ" came off after he only wore it once and permanently stained parts of the shirt. Definitely not worth the money.

I got the same onesie for my son. He's worn it a few times and the lettering is still good after some washes, but we don't put in the dryer.

Also keep in mind a baby is capable of staining anything they wear, regardless of how well it is made.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    the wolf wrote:
    shellerizm wrote:

?

I just said the phillies shirt was good quality after a few years of crappy shirts. It's a statement of fact...the shirts have been crappy.
    NeilJam wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:

I got the same onesie for my son. He's worn it a few times and the lettering is still good after some washes, but we don't put in the dryer.

Also keep in mind a baby is capable of staining anything they wear, regardless of how well it is made.

The lettering looks fine but some of the red ink leaked onto the shirt and now will not come off. The stain wasn't caused by my son as he can only lay down at the moment. It happened in the washer.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • I have the ladies avocado shirt, and it's really weird. If I sweat in it (and concerts are generally pretty hot), it turns colors (from the blue of the album cover to a yellow-ish green). When it's washed, it turns back.

Glad for the input on the onesies. We'll be needing them in October.
    Glad for the input on the onesies. We'll be needing them in October.

I thought the quality was good just disappointed with the dye staining the shirt, but it doesn't seem like anyone else had that problem. I'll probably get the 'Wings' one when he turns 6 months.
  • The quality is very good for 10C shirts. My LBC shirt has withstood about 1k washings and still fits great. The hoodies are thick and well-sized too. Now I have had issues with some concert t-shirts. They can be sometimes quite thin and flimsy. The shirt I bought at a 2006 show was so flimsy and undersized that I genuinely felt ripped off. True, I should better examined the merch before buying but sometimes you just get carried away in the moment.....

I don't know who's in charge of this kind of stuff, but if you're reading this, all that we ask is that if you're going to charge $30+ for a t-shirt, can you make it a quality one?
  • SprockeTeeSprockeTee Posts: 108
    I don't know who's in charge of this kind of stuff, but if you're reading this, all that we ask is that if you're going to charge $30+ for a t-shirt, can you make it a quality one?

ditto

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    edited March 2010
    I got the 10 club hoodie and its awesome and the shirts from the last tour I thought were pretty good like the Vinyl Saw shirt, team shirts and the New Zealand surfer
    Post edited by rattzey on
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,053
    the wolf wrote:
    shellerizm wrote:

doesnt seem to come out with much positivity i would agree,

the onesies have ben great on my little man, hes worn them all quite regularly and they are all in great shape still.
  • Johnny WongJohnny Wong Posts: 193
    I would like to see a quality freestyle frisbee made!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • This is prob not saying much about me and my wardrobe.. but I still have a long sleeve Yield shirt and it's just now starting to fall apart around the cuffs. I don't put any of my PJ shirts or my hoodie from 2006 in the dryer.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    great / durable "can't go wrong" shirts / outerwear:

1) PJ bandwagon T-shirt
    2) Get Right T-shirt
    3) 2006 Avocado Black Thermal (please bring this back!!! lettering and logo is stitched into thermal!)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mickmuise/384819284/

Lousy shirts / become napkin-sized:

1) 2004 tour shirt (phoniex rising Klausen Boston)
    2) 2008 tour shirt (Reaper)
    3) 2008 Tour shirt (Arrows / eagles) not so much shrink but colors fade.

PJ CONCERT SHIRTS ONLY:
    My advice having been going to shows since 1994..
    buy all of your concert shirts 2x sizes above what you normally wear.. The stated sizes are not acurate and THEY ALL SHRINK!

i.e
    (If you wear medium, buy xl.... sounds crazy but you will thank me)

Buy safe out there!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford