LOSE Just Breathe & The End, this time around

13»

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    mickeyrat wrote:

Imalive , thats the moment you can go piss or get another beer!!! :mrgreen:

Esteemed Mr. Rat: I'll buy you a beer, too, if we meet up in Columbus. :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    imalive wrote:
    Now and then is OK, but I don't need to hear them night in and night out. :roll:

Am I an ass or do I have a point? :think:

Well, considering I haven't been there when they've played it yet, I don't want them to put it away just yet!

I'd like to hear Just Breathe when I'm in Cleveland and Buffalo.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    imalive wrote:
    Now and then is OK, but I don't need to hear them night in and night out. :roll:

I don't think you have a point, because I didn't hear either at the show I went to last time around ... so they obviously weren't played "night in and night out."
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
    Goddammit I hate this thread.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    imalive wrote:

I don't think you have a point, because I didn't hear either at the show I went to last time around ... so they obviously weren't played "night in and night out."
    They were in 09 after backspacers release... at least in the states.
  • I agree 100% with the OP. These damn predictable encores killed the momentum at all the philly shows. When cheesy Backspacer songs came on (JB, The End, and PJ's worst song ever Speed of Sound) you could feel the rock vibes leaving the room. It was embarassing seeing a PJ concert with that kind of crap in the middle.That stuff should be kept for EV solo not for Pearl Jam.
    Damn you Backspacer!!
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • Bump- this is important the band needs to be saved from themselves. :ugeek:
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    Someone has to say it cause i haven't seen Speedy around today >>>

I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS THAT YOU DON'T WAN'T TO HEAR ( JUST BREATHE & THE END ) ...

I'm at a PJ concert for 2 1/2 hrs they can play what ever they choose to 8-) ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    imalive wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Imalive , thats the moment you can go piss or get another beer!!! :mrgreen:

Esteemed Mr. Rat: I'll buy you a beer, too, if we meet up in Columbus. :mrgreen:
    Appreciate the offer but..... I'm the one who started the 12 step Recovery thread in AET!!!! :mrgreen:

Esteemed MR. Rat. THATS A RIOT!!! MR. ... hehehe
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Someone has to say it cause i haven't seen Speedy around today >>>

I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS THAT YOU DON'T WAN'T TO HEAR ( JUST BREATHE & THE END ) ...

I'm at a PJ concert for 2 1/2 hrs they can play what ever they choose to 8-) ......

dude....looking at your avatar....i hope you shave before Hartford...i don't wanna be seeing no hairs in my beer and shit! ;):mrgreen::lol::lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Songs so boring a caveman could like them.
  • KO282453 wrote:

i guess the songs are just...over your head....like Manute Bol's sac at a Gary Coleman look alike convention. :mrgreen:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    KO282453 wrote:

i guess the songs are just...over your head....like Manute Bol's sac at a Gary Coleman look alike convention. :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    JL19851 wrote:
    One thing I feel fortunate about is that even with my 18th and 19th shows coming, I still appreciate every song they play live, never leave for a "bored piss break", and don't come into shows demanding certain songs be played or certain songs to be omitted from the setlist. Frankly, I just enjoy the show.

If you really have serious personal setlist demands, hang it up for a few years, come back, and perhaps you'll enjoy the whole show again rather than waiting for your precious rarity that you could really care less about but will proclaim it your favorite song in life here the day after the show. Just because they haven't played a song in a long time doesn't mean they necessarily should, and just because they have played a song a million times doesn't mean they shouldn't.

Most sensible thing said in this entire thread. I am always thankful to see them live, regardless of what they play.

This thread makes me think of the "Riot Act" album debate going on. My feelings on PJ albums are the same as their live shows; I truly do love them all and look forward to playing their new records or seeing them live, no matter what!

I guess that's what it means to truly love a band? I don't know...I'm pretty freaking excited to see them this spring, "Just Breathe" and "The End" or not.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    drsluggo wrote:
    imalive wrote:

They were in 09 after backspacers release... at least in the states.

Austin was after Backspacer's release. They played neither.
    coaljam wrote:
    I agree 100% with the OP. These damn predictable encores killed the momentum at all the philly shows. When cheesy Backspacer songs came on (JB, The End, and PJ's worst song ever Speed of Sound) you could feel the rock vibes leaving the room. It was embarassing seeing a PJ concert with that kind of crap in the middle.That stuff should be kept for EV solo not for Pearl Jam.
    Damn you Backspacer!!

Your taste in music is horrible.
    JL19851 wrote:
    One thing I feel fortunate about is that even with my 18th and 19th shows coming, I still appreciate every song they play live, never leave for a "bored piss break", and don't come into shows demanding certain songs be played or certain songs to be omitted from the setlist. Frankly, I just enjoy the show.

If you really have serious personal setlist demands, hang it up for a few years, come back, and perhaps you'll enjoy the whole show again rather than waiting for your precious rarity that you could really care less about but will proclaim it your favorite song in life here the day after the show. Just because they haven't played a song in a long time doesn't mean they necessarily should, and just because they have played a song a million times doesn't mean they shouldn't.

I don't know if you are a man or a woman, but I am not ashamed to say: either way, I love you.
  • AyeeeeAyeeee Posts: 80
    imalive wrote:

:clap:
    "Believe in lies... to get by..."
  • coaljam wrote:
    I agree 100% with the OP. These damn predictable encores killed the momentum at all the philly shows. When cheesy Backspacer songs came on (JB, The End, and PJ's worst song ever Speed of Sound) you could feel the rock vibes leaving the room. It was embarassing seeing a PJ concert with that kind of crap in the middle.That stuff should be kept for EV solo not for Pearl Jam.
    Damn you Backspacer!!

Your taste in music is horrible.

You seem like an bitter man to me. :D
    Just breathe is cheesy, can you really argue? I was watching Austin City Limits of Pj with a friend who hasnt seen them in at least 8 years. When Just Breathe was played he simply said " Man, PJ really fagged out huh" I dont approve of his language, but It was then that I realized that he was right and I couldnt continue to look at PJ with unchecked admiration. Lets call a spade a spade and Speed of Sound a turd.
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    I'll pretty much be stoked to hear anything they play this year - but there are some songs I'll probably definitely enjoy less than others.

Like Just Breathe and The End.

If they omitted those, I definitely won't be going home feeling like I missed out on any earth-shattering musical experience. I'll go and rock my ass off to (almost) anything they play from their previous albums, and hope that the live versions of BS songs have something the CD versions are lacking.

So sue me, BS never clicked for me. I wanted to love it... I tried to love it... I played it all the freaking time hopefully there would come a point at which it clicked - and that point never came. C'est la vie.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.