LOSE Just Breathe & The End, this time around

Comments

• I'd be happy to never hear these two songs again! Live or recorded.

yeah, yeah....Backspacer hater....we know! :lol:

i talked to Backseat Lover and they are going to perform Backspacer from beginning to end then end to beginning, after i duct tape you to a chair and rest you in front of the amps!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Although Betterman and Evenflow I have come to love because it's a good solid 6 to 8 minutes to take a pee break or grab a brew without feeling like your missing anything.

I absolutly hate it when somebody says something like this, there is a reason that they play them so often, even flow gets the not so fanatic portion of the crowed pumped up and it's mikes time to shine with the long solo, betterman is an awesome sing along and they give a great performance on it in the end when all 4 people with a guitar gang up and just beat the crap out of the ending.
  • InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    they havent really played the east since Backspacer...only Philly...there is probably going to be alot of backspacer including just breathe and the end
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • what the fuck is wrong with all you soulless fuckers?!!!!!??!!! :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

these songs are beautiful!!!...........you all are either love starved & bitter...or black and dead on the inside!!! :crazy: :sick: :crazy: :sick:
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    what the fuck is wrong with all you soulless fuckers?!!!!!??!!! :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

these songs are beautiful!!!...........you all are either love starved & bitter...or black and dead on the inside!!! :crazy: :sick: :crazy: :sick:

It's not because I'm soulless, starved, bitter, black or dead. It's because I WANNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    Ed, backstage......"guys, we gotta cut Porch and RVM to make room for our radio friendly stuff."
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    imalive wrote:
    Ed, backstage......"guys, we gotta cut Porch and RVM to make room for our radio friendly stuff."

:lol:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:

this is known as the Kings of Leon strategy
  • Kanye EastKanye East Posts: 782
    Totally agree
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • JL19851JL19851 Posts: 209
    One thing I feel fortunate about is that even with my 18th and 19th shows coming, I still appreciate every song they play live, never leave for a "bored piss break", and don't come into shows demanding certain songs be played or certain songs to be omitted from the setlist. Frankly, I just enjoy the show.

If you really have serious personal setlist demands, hang it up for a few years, come back, and perhaps you'll enjoy the whole show again rather than waiting for your precious rarity that you could really care less about but will proclaim it your favorite song in life here the day after the show. Just because they haven't played a song in a long time doesn't mean they necessarily should, and just because they have played a song a million times doesn't mean they shouldn't.
  • imalive wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

mmmmmmmmmmm yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh..........cause that's what Ed is known for. :roll: :roll:

i see it as a good thing he is writing these songs...he's happy & in love and enjoying life....would you rather the opposite?......"no i just wanna rock".........well aren't you the greedy blood sucking bastard?...concerned only with your need to rock out for every song and assuming it takes precedence over the happiness of our.....no.....my favorite front man....tsk tsk tsk...shameful indeed. :mrgreen:
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    i see it as a good thing he is writing these songs...he's happy & in love and enjoying life....would you rather the opposite?......"no i just wanna rock".........well aren't you the greedy blood sucking bastard?...concerned only with your need to rock out for every song and assuming it takes precedence over the happiness of our.....no.....my favorite front man....tsk tsk tsk...shameful indeed. :mrgreen:
    I agree that its good he's writing these songs- I like them. I just would rather get a mix of songs than start every encore the same way. They never really did that until this past tour and I know part of it was having strings so that may change this go around.

Either way - JB is going to be played almost every night since its a single. Hopefully The End goes into the same rotation with everything else... I like it, but I like everything else too. :)
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    My take... not everyone goes to every show. Some people can only afford to go to one show... sometimes, if they're lucky. I don't think it's up to me to say what is played. My guess, the guys just like playing some songs over others. I just go to the gigs and accept whatever is being offered... it's not the band's fault I choose to go to multiple shows. That's all on me.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    My take... not everyone goes to every show. Some people can only afford to go to one show... sometimes, if they're lucky. I don't think it's up to me to say what is played. My guess, the guys just like playing some songs over others. I just go to the gigs and accept whatever is being offered... it's not the band's fault I choose to go to multiple shows. That's all on me.
    I think that's perfectly fair too... and its why we get Even Flow and Better Man and Corduroy and Alive almost every show. I think if they were playing assuming most people hit more than one show they would mix even those staples up a lot more.

I guess its one of those things where its hard to please everyone - and its not to say I'm not enjoying those two songs anyway. I just wish that if I went to say two shows and both had those in the first encore and neither show had Force of Nature... I'd wonder why they couldn't have made that swap.

But like you said - I/we/you can't change it and they make up the setlists with probably many reasons in mind.
    drsluggo wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    I think that's perfectly fair too... and its why we get Even Flow and Better Man and Corduroy and Alive almost every show. I think if they were playing assuming most people hit more than one show they would mix even those staples up a lot more.

I guess its one of those things where its hard to please everyone - and its not to say I'm not enjoying those two songs anyway. I just wish that if I went to say two shows and both had those in the first encore and neither show had Force of Nature... I'd wonder why they couldn't have made that swap.

But like you said - I/we/you can't change it and they make up the setlists with probably many reasons in mind.

True, but in the mean time, it dosn't hurt to try
    search.php?search_id=egosearch :D
  • f-bombf-bomb Posts: 99
    JL19851 wrote:
    One thing I feel fortunate about is that even with my 18th and 19th shows coming, I still appreciate every song they play live, never leave for a "bored piss break", and don't come into shows demanding certain songs be played or certain songs to be omitted from the setlist. Frankly, I just enjoy the show.

If you really have serious personal setlist demands, hang it up for a few years, come back, and perhaps you'll enjoy the whole show again rather than waiting for your precious rarity that you could really care less about but will proclaim it your favorite song in life here the day after the show. Just because they haven't played a song in a long time doesn't mean they necessarily should, and just because they have played a song a million times doesn't mean they shouldn't.

+1

I wish there were more people like you at the shows. I saw them 3 times last year (Seattle x2 & Vancouver). I almost get the sense that for some people going to shows now is the equivalent of 'getting your passport stamped'. Not really enjoying themselves and standing like a statue with their arms crossed for the whole show. Loosen up, have fun, rock out and take it all in as it comes.

Ain't it funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind?
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    saw three shows in OZ. Only heard The End once. The way Ed's voice filled the Stadiums was incredible and beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cGzI1PzvAQ
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    drsluggo wrote:

If there were fan club member only shows... they could pull out some deep cuts. That's a wish of mine... some way to get fan club exclusive gigs.
    But, in the meantime... I have some friends that are music lovers and fairly acquainted with Pearl Jam. They went to a show and said it was the best concert they have ever been to because they knew a lot of the songs and could sing along with them. I was very happy for them.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    JL19851 wrote:

.well aren't you the greedy blood sucking bastard?

:shock: :shock: :shock: It's all good. They'll always be the world's greatest rock band, in my book. Just not a big fan of these songs........especially night after night. That's all I'm saying. And I'm really not one of those "waiting for your precious rarity that you could really care less about but will proclaim it your favorite song in life here the day after the show".....those people drive me nuts!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive wrote:
    JL19851 wrote:

.well aren't you the greedy blood sucking bastard?

:shock: :shock: :shock: It's all good. They'll always be the world's greatest rock band, in my book. Just not a big fan of these songs........especially night after night. That's all I'm saying. And I'm really not one of those "waiting for your precious rarity that you could really care less about but will proclaim it your favorite song in life here the day after the show".....those people drive me nuts!

Word.

Also for all of those trying to hate us who have songs that if they need to take a piss go and do it during, chill out. We're not saying we don't appreciate those songs or the band sometimes you have to piss and I rather miss a song I've seen every time I see them then have to piss and miss "Otherside". You know.
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - West Palm Beach, St. Louis, Champaign, Bonner Springs, and East Troy
    2004 - St. Louis, Asheville, and Kissimmee
    2005 - Kitchener and London, Ontario
    2006 - Chicago Night 1, Cincinnati, and St. Paul Night 1
    2007 - Lollapalooza
    2010 - St. Louis and Noblesville
    2011 - East Troy PJ20 Night 1 and Night 2
    2013 - Wrigley and Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis and Memphis
    2016 - Lexington
    2018 - Wrigley Night 1 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • i never really got into 'needing' to hear rare songs. if its a song i like, i want to hear it, but i dont NEED to hear Sad or whatever. i still like Even Flow. its just part of the show.
    For me its not even those particular songs - I just dont like the idea of the same two songs to open the encore at every show because I love how they usually mix it up so well and its always a surprise as to what they'll come back out with. Maybe I'm weird that way... I have no problem with either song even if they aren't my *favorite* off of B/S :)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    Ummm , correct me if I'm wrong, but usually when a new record is released the songs from said release get heavy play during a tour FOR said release. Thats the way it used to be anyway.

Second , I NEED to hear these live for myself. I have my reasons.

Imalive , thats the moment you can go piss or get another beer!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • it seemed like BS songs didnt get as much play as i remember ST getting when it was released. maybe its just my imagination. the only show i went to was ACl and they didnt play much BS there.
    MrSmith wrote:
    it seemed like BS songs didnt get as much play as i remember ST getting when it was released. maybe its just my imagination. the only show i went to was ACl and they didnt play much BS there.
    It seems like the Fixer, The End, Just Breathe, Unthought Known are all 'evey show' songs. Then Got Some seemed to be close to that but maybe not every show.

Then the last few that got smaller play were Force of Nature, Gonna see My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Speed of Sound and Supersonic.

Just my quick guess on that, but i guess my point would be to play JB and the End, but mix that second group in a little better as well.
  • drsluggo wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:
    it seemed like BS songs didnt get as much play as i remember ST getting when it was released. maybe its just my imagination. the only show i went to was ACl and they didnt play much BS there.
    It seems like the Fixer, The End, Just Breathe, Unthought Known are all 'evey show' songs. Then Got Some seemed to be close to that but maybe not every show.

Then the last few that got smaller play were Force of Nature, Gonna see My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Speed of Sound and Supersonic.

Just my quick guess on that, but i guess my point would be to play JB and the End, but mix that second group in a little better as well.
    yeah it was weird seeing the same encore over and over, especially where they played more than one night.

but it was worth it to hear Red Mosquito so many times. if only all No Code songs were so lucky.
  • if this is the case, then scrap even flow every night, and also, dont play yellow ledbetter as much.
    Let them play what they want, theyre the experts here
    E. Rutherford 6/03/06
    Camden 6/19/08
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10
    MSG 5/21/10
    Brian (Staten Island): Does Boom even speak to you guys?

SportsNation Jeff Ament: (6:42 PM ET ) we can only speak to Boom when spoken to...
    if this is the case, then scrap even flow every night, and also, dont play yellow ledbetter as much.
    Let them play what they want, theyre the experts here

I NEED to hear ledbetter live!!! That would be the only song that I couldn't live without, havn't heard it live yet. NEED TO!!!!!!!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Now and then is OK, but I don't need to hear them night in and night out. :roll:

Am I an ass or do I have a point? :think:

I agree with you. especially The End. I think that song is lame. It was OK for the EV solo shows, but I don't want to hear it again at the PJ shows

And yet, they will be there every damn night as this is the continuation of BACKSPACER TOUR. :roll:

I could live without THE END though, that's for sure.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • AmyMooreAmyMoore Posts: 140
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=990mPRb3T50

Just go pee. That's what I do during Betterman. I've done it so many times its now a Pavlovian response, even when they play it as an opener. The wooaah ooh a ooh bit sounds great echoing in the bathroom. I get back just in time for the tag.