Hard Core Fans Get IN HERE!!!

13»

Comments

• trotti2trotti2 Posts: 82
    In college I always did the Texas Triangle every show. Houston (where I'm at) to Dallas and San Antonio. Since then ive made it to Chicago, San Diego, last 2 philly shows and now making my first trip to NYC for both shows. Its been a great ride and I plan on going to a lot more. I've already given my vaction days in October for the 20 Anniversary show where ever it is.

Always got tickets thru fan club for Texas, Chicago, SD and now NYC shows. Thank you 10C. Philly tickets were from great members on this board. That I cant thank enough.
    Houston- 4/6/2003 10/14/2000 10/15/2000
    Dallas- 6/9/2003 10/17/2000 7/5/1998
    San Antonio- 4/5/2003
    Chicago- Ed Solo 8/22/08
    San Diego- 10/9/2009
    Philly- 10/30/2009 10/31/2009
    New York- 05/20/2010 05/21/2010
    PJ20- 9/3/2011 9/04/2011
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    saw them in DC and MSG last tour drove from Chicago, took a nice 4 day vacation. was a blast.

we get what fate brings us, it isn't worth bitching about it
  • BZBZ Posts: 45
    Drove from LI to Pitt twice (a nice 450 miles). Flew to Chicago twice. Drove all around the NE (Philly, Boston, CT, etc..)

Can't wait to do it again. :D
  • Do you travel 100s of miles to see PJ?
    Does it not matter where they tour you are bound to make at least 1 or 2 shows on that tour?(Overseas excluded)
    Do you not complain about the way tickets are sold?

So what type of fan are you? What have you done in order to see the band?

Do you not have young children, and pets, and other obligations, and can only see the band close to home?
    Are you a hard core fan simply because you have no obligations?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    imalive wrote:
    Do you travel 100s of miles to see PJ?
    Does it not matter where they tour you are bound to make at least 1 or 2 shows on that tour?(Overseas excluded)

I'll travel...Vegas to Columbus....but, apparently, some big city types on the East Coast would rather not. Travel. that is. :wtf:

east coast people are close-minded idiots who believe there is nothing worth seeing outside of their shit-hole neighborhood.

Not true about all east coasters. My fiance and I flew from Albany to LA just to see PJ.

David 64xxx
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    ***looks around****

ummmm...yup, guilty as charged. i was even one of those bastards that flew to nyc and took a ticket off a local fan. 8-):o :oops: :?:
  • diddly12 wrote:

Do you not have young children, and pets, and other obligations, and can only see the band close to home?
    Are you a hard core fan simply because you have no obligations?

No Kids by choice
    Have a dog
    Flexible job and vacation time
    No

Jealous?
    :D
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • jnikojniko Posts: 298
    I live in Chicago and have seen the band in Las Vegas, MSG, Milwaukee, Pistoia Italy and on this tour in Indianapolis. I will go wherever I can when the band is touring.
  • Wow! Some of you are fucking nuts, and I love it.

The farthest I've traveled to see Pearl Jam was when I was living in Durango, Colorado and drove to Seatle (my home town) for the Drop in the Park show. Other than that I've seen almost every single show between Seattle and Portland even making a couple shows in San Fransisco, most recently Outside Lands.

Have Pearl Jam, will travel
  • Tully305Tully305 Posts: 103
    Based out of Cleveland.

Driven to Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Philly
    Flown to Seattle and Florida

Sadly had to give up FRONT ROW tickets to Australia several years ago.
    Pittsburgh ('00), Cleveland ('03), Pittsburgh ('03), Grand Rapids ('04), Cleveland ('06), Pittsburgh ('06), Chicago ('07), West Palm Beach ('08), Tampa ('08), Chicago (both nights) ('09), Seattle (both nights) ('09), Philly (all 4 nights) ('09), Noblesville ('10), Columbus ('10), Cleveland ('10), Toronto (both nights) ('11), Wrigley ('13), Pittsburgh ('13), Wrigley (both nights) ('18)
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Well i travelled to Paris for my first show.

Then london in 07

manchester and london 2009

Going to New York from Scotland for hopefully both MSG shows!!!

Then back to Scotland and off to Dublin, Belfast, London then a few days later a flight to Berlin!!!!! ;):)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

Yeah that's me. Since my kids got old enough for me to travel (or bring them), I've seen PJ at least once every year since 2003, including Lolla in 07, which was a flight from Syracuse. They do have to be somewhere in the Northeast - I don't usually fly due to the expense, with Lolla being the exception, but I'll drive quite a ways - 500 miles I've done several times. No I don't complain about tickets.

My craziest story of what I did to see PJ was the 08 tour MSG 2. I bought my tickets and then realized my daughter's end of the year show was the very next morning at 8am and we are 7-8 hours away from NYC. So here's what I did - I drove as far as Syracuse the day of the show; took a 5 hour trip on Greyhound into NYC. I went to see the show - had to leave before it was over (missed Ace Frehley unfortunately!) in order to catch a greyhound that would take me back to Syracuse. I stayed at the show until the last possible minute, then SPRINTED the 8 blocks back to the Port Authority, getting to my bus gate within 8 minutes of leaving my seat at the show. My plan (and it worked) was I would catch several hours of sleep on the bus, rendering me at least capable of finishing the 3 hour drive from Syracuse.I managed about 4 hours of sleep on the bus. Pulled into Syracuse at 4:30. Got in my car and made it home in time to see my daughter's show.

And then the following day, my daughter and I headed back out to Hartford and Mansfield (another 7 hour drive), (and then did an 8 hour drive back and get home before 2pm on Sunday so she could check in to her summer camp on time).

My husband estimated a significant part of the mileage of our last car was due to Pearl Jam shows :lol:

I put money away and live frugally so I've got cash to spend on things that are important to me like Pearl Jam.

edit - I forgot - I did plan a trip to see my Dad in Houston in 03 to coincide with Pearl Jam there.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Flew from Arizona to Chicago - 1st PJ concert. It rocked! I can't wait for the next one I can make.
  • gmonetgmonet Posts: 37
    I'm fom Maine and have seen them here and in Massachusetts a ton. Last Year wento to San Fran for Outside Lands. For Philly '09, I went on night 2 and slept in the airport behind a bench. Flew home for a meeting on thursday night and then turrned around and flew back for nights 3 & 4. Going to Columbus, Indy, and Cleveland plus the local shows this year.
  • EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 869
    edited March 2010
    I live in Atlanta and I've traveled to the following:

TFC 1998 in DC
    Birmingham 03
    Nashville 03
    Hershey 03
    Boston 04
    St. Louis 04
    Columbia 08
    VA Beach 08
    Philly 3 & 4 09
    KC 10
    St. Louis 10

A petty good number becomes a great number outside of the northeast. Can't wait to see where I end up this tour.

It all started with Atlanta 1994.
    Atlanta 98, 00, 03
    EV 1&2 in Atlanta 09
    Post edited by Evensteven on
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • This will be my 9th full band show along with 2 Ed shows. It will also be the 9th different location. Living in the Midwest after growing up on the East Coast. Travel to and from home is always paired with a trip or stop along the way to see a show. This May headed 4.5 hours to Indy. So pumped to see them again.
    RFK 6/13/98 -Tibetan Freedom, Pittsburgh 8/25/98, Merriweather Post 9/4/00, Grand Rapids 10/03/04 - MoveOn.org, Palace of Auburn Hills 5/22/06, Grant Park 8/05/07 - Lollapalooza, Verizon Center, DC 6/22/08, Chicago 8/22/08 - EDDIE, Baltimore 6/14/09 - EDDIE, United Center 8/23/09, Verizon Wireless 5/7/10