Hard Core Fans Get IN HERE!!!

Comments

• yooperpjyooperpj Posts: 313
    2007 - Ohio to Chicago.
    2008 - Ohio to D.C.
    2009 - Ohio to Nashville (E.V.), Ohio to Chicago, Ohio to Philly.
    2010 - Ohio to Ohio.... Ohio to N.Y.C.
    All Driving!
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    I travel from small town Virginia, where I can assume they will never play live. Base my annaul family vacation on where the band will be playing this year. No matter how frustrated I've been with 10C issues, i have never complained. In the big picture, these issues are a bump in the road.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    edited March 2010
    Been all over the US, Canada, Europe and New Zealand. Looking forward to Northeast and Europe shows this year. I have no complaints on how 10c ticketing works.
    Post edited by Indifference on

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Drove from NH to Chicago last year to see United Center I, wanted to stay with no hotel for the 2nd show but one buddy we were with cried about getting back for work
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i've traveled all over the world to see pearl jam and i will bitch and moan about how they sell their tickets and for how much all i want.
  • snipes824 wrote:
    i've traveled all over the world to see pearl jam and i will bitch and moan about how they sell their tickets and for how much all i want.

Were you flexing when you wrote that post?
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • DS20503DS20503 Posts: 1
    I am from the DC area and have travelled as Far as Seattle across the country to see Pearl jam.
    I have been to shows in Florida, PA, NJ, NYC, MD, VA, and Washington DC. I try to go to atleast 2 shows a tour
    if i can sometimes more but mainly stay on the east coast when shows are not on weekends ( too hard with work DARN work ughhh) My first show was in 1995 at DAR constitution hall with L7 and Neil Young ( I was 15, I am now 30 and still as much of a fan as ever)
    I have been to 21 shows so far and hope to if i can get MSG tix ( computer errors from tenclub caused me to miss out on the pre-sale) go to three more this tour ( including the VA show)
    not sure if that means i am hardcore but hell I must be close
  • EK1416EK1416 Posts: 6
    imalive wrote:
    Do you travel 100s of miles to see PJ?
    Does it not matter where they tour you are bound to make at least 1 or 2 shows on that tour?(Overseas excluded)
    Do you not complain about the way tickets are sold?

So what type of fan are you? What have you done in order to see the band?

I'll travel...Vegas to Columbus....but, apparently, some big city types on the East Coast would rather not. Travel. that is. :wtf:

Has nothing to do with being a "big city type on the East Coast", if you have an obsession for the band, you will travel if you can. When I was living in Fl, I travelled back to NY (only stayed for 20 hours), to see them in Jersey. For the last tour, when I got shut out of tickets for MSG, I went to West Palm to see them rock the Cruzan Amphitheater (or whatever its called now). And for the first part of this tour, I flew to Seattle for the weekend to see them open in Key Arena, then went to Philly on Halloween to watch them close the tour at the Spectrum. I would even travel further if I could. I want to see them in Europe someday and definitely in South America, when they decide to go back there.
    Btw, I was born and raised in Bklyn, NY, just dont call me a "big city type". We real NYers aren't like that. ;):D
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,006
    im from dublin and we dont get many shows. i have been to london, berlin, katowice and msg in 2003. i had boston 2008 all booked but couldnt go. tried for boston tickets but no joy. im thinking about going to hyde park or back to wulheide again. i know that if i want to see pj i have to travel. if i dont then i dont see them. simple fact

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,851
    Does it not matter where they tour you are bound to make at least 1 or 2 shows on that tour?(Overseas excluded)

-The farthest I've driven to see PJ is Scranton to Chicago.
    -I'll make 1 or two shows anywhere on the east coast but I wouldn't travel to the west coast or Europe.
    -I complain about the website's server during the ticket sales. The system is otherwise fine.

He said Hard core fans ..

Uh-oh!!!! Looks like I have an internet enemy! He's after me!!!!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    eboweddie wrote:
    back to wulheide again. i know that if i want to see pj i have to travel. if i dont then i dont see them. simple fact
    u are in the right path... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Drove to Boston from Hamilton, Ontario (an hour west of Toronto) in 2004. Travelling to NYC for both MSG shows in May. Beyond pumped!!!

Made the same trip in reverse (Boston to Toronto) to see them last August. I-90...not the most interesting scenery I could imagine. But it was absolutely worth it. Thank you one more time Mr. Ted Leo for not making it to that show. :D

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PrlJam27PrlJam27 Posts: 346
    imalive wrote:

I'll travel...Vegas to Columbus....but, apparently, some big city types on the East Coast would rather not. Travel. that is. :wtf:

east coast people are close-minded idiots who believe there is nothing worth seeing outside of their shit-hole neighborhood.

Thank you for that very open mined statement. But it is not true, I took an 11 hour flight to Hawaii from my "Shit Hole" state of New Jersey for no reason other than to see Pearl Jam.
  • R-Dub81R-Dub81 Posts: 374
    3 hr drive to see Mansfield 3, 2003
    2 hr drive to see Ashville 2004
    2 hr flight to Hartford 2006 (helps growing up there, no rooms needed)
    2.5 hr drive to columbia SC 2008
    flew to CT in 2008 to see Hartford and took the 2 hr train (in the bar car) to the NYC shows.
    happen to be working in Kansas the weekend of the show, so i extended my hotel a night and changed flight times
    flying back to CT to see the show on my off weekend

Have yet to see them in whatever city im living in yet.
    "Some people think it makes a difference...I think it's the difference that makes it" 

340xxx
    03 - Mansfield 3
    04 - Asheville
    06 - Hartford
    08 - Columbia, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hartford
    10 - Kansas City, Hartford
    12 - Atlanta
    13 - Charlotte
    16 - Columbia
    18 - Boston 2
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    snipes824 wrote:

Were you flexing when you wrote that post?
    how did you know?
  • SSS81SSS81 Posts: 174
    Last year I went to the SLC show (they finally came to my home state after 11 years). I went home after the show and bought tickets and flight to see them in San Diego. Went to San Diego, got home and bought ticket and flight to Phill #4. Awesome year!
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    I've driven from canada to philly to see shows.I could afford to make that trip, but it certainly doesnt make someone less of a fan because they can't afford that.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • the first time i saw pearl jam i was living in florida and saw them in tampa....immediately after the show i said "i have to see them again!" and that's where the traveling began. 2 days later i called in sick and drove to new orleans. by the end of the week i had tix to see them in portland, boise, and seattle. since that first show i have had the opportunity to see the band 55 times throughout the US and canada! i even scored a partime job at northwest airlines for the flight benefits which allowed me to hit all the vote for change shows in 04 (also gave me some extra cash!)

i will be enjoying shows 56 and 57 with many of you all in NYC!!!!

now i'm curious....how many places have i seen pearl jam?
    tampa
    seattle
    george (the gorge)
    portland
    richland
    boise
    san fran
    LA
    san diego
    las vegas
    missoula
    vancouver
    new orleans
    new york
    boston
    reading
    grand rapids
    toledo
    st louis
    ashville
    philly
    orlando
    raleigh
    charlotte
    atlanta

now there's some frequent flier miles....sheesh.
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Drove to Vegas from Oregon in 06, was the volunteer for the preparty there, drove to San Diego, took my son to both shows, drove him back to Vegas from San Diego,missed the LA shows, then took off again to meet Sue at the airport in Oakland. I had never met Sue personally, just through the boards. Picked her up. drove to San Francisco, did those 3 nights of shows, drove to Portland for the CCFA show at the Snitzer, then to the Gorge for both nights. Finished those shows, met another fan from the board who helped me drive my stuff cross country to Indiana,(got a speeding ticket in WY)thought I was going to move back there, stayed 3 weeks, then drove cross country back to Oregon..that was some long ass road trip, but what a fucking great time!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • jim29nylijim29nyli Posts: 10
    from NY to Amsterdam to Arhiem in 2006. and all by myself the greatest seats i have ever had a PJ show right on the floor.
  • hellzz23hellzz23 Posts: 14
    Once I go to the Buffalo show in May, I will have driven to 22 shows. An approximate total of 7,935 miles round-trip Seems like a high amount but I am sure some people will crush that number.
    Only flew to 1 show to see them at Lolla in Chicago.

All from Niagara Falls, NY
    1998 - Drove to Barrie, ON - 280 Miles
    2000 - Drove to Saratoga, NY - 580 Miles
    - Drove to Toronto, NY - 180 Miles
    2003 - Drove to Cleveland, OH - 420 Miles
    - Drove to Buffalo, NY - 30 Miles
    - Drove to Chicago, IL - 1110 Miles
    - Drove to Toronto, ON - 180 Miles
    - Drove to Hershey, PA - 620 Miles
    2004 - Drove to Toledo, OH - 650 Miles
    2005 - Drove to Kitchener, ON - 200 Miles
    - Drove to London, ON - 270 Miles
    - Drove to Hamilton, ON - 130 Miles
    2006 - Drove to Toronto, ON - 180 Miles
    - Drove to Cleveland, OH - 420 Miles
    - Drove to Pittsburgh, PA - 470 Miles
    2007 - Flew to Chicago, IL - ;)
    2008 - Drove to Camden, NJ - 825 Miles (2 Shows)
    2009 - Drove to Toronto - 180 Miles
    - Drove to Philadelphia - 820 Miles
    2010 - Drive to Buffalo - 30 Miles
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    I'm in Nashville and I've traveled to New Orleans, St. Louis, Cincinatti, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Memphis, Salt Lake City, Philly, and headed to Columbus and Indy.
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,201
    edited March 2010
    I'm from PA, and while I've been fortunate enough to be able to see so many shows locally (PA, NJ, NJ), I've driven multiple times to Boston Hartford, DC, as well as Toledo and VA Beach. Had to fly to get to shows in Chicago, Seattle, LA, the Gorge, and eight shows in Canada from Vancouver to ST, John's, Newfoundland. The best trip of all though was spending 13 days travelling around Italy in 2006 and catching all five shows there. 67 so far and a few more to go this year. Always been worth it, no matter how far or close the shows were, they've never disappointed
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    I always have to drive a minimum of 2 1/2 hours from my small town on the Eastern Shore of Md. The least amount of driving I've ever done was to Eddie's solo concert in Balto (only 2 hours -- but that's because I drive very fast). Flew to Seattle this past September for the two shows there, and to meet my 10C pen pal in person (she flew from Arkansas). Flying to Cleveland this time around.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • .lovethepj..lovethepj. Posts: 119
    I've flown from Cali to Boston, Colorado to Seattle, and have driven hundreds of miles to see them! This tour I'll be flying to Kansas City and Cleveland.

With that said, I totally understand that I'm lucky enough to be able to travel to new places and see a few shows, while many others (especially those in the south) are not. I hope that all of the other "Hard Core Fans" that can't travel get a few shows in the next year or two!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,934
    While it's not cross country, I've been up and back to SF to see PJ twice in the span of a single day off.

2006: Friends called me on a Friday to see PJ in SF on Sunday. Didn't have a ticket so found one on craigslist for face value from an awesome fellow fan, drove up to Fresno on Sunday morning, rode with friends into SF for the show, then back to Fresno, drove back to LA Monday morning in time for work that afternoon.

2009: Bought a ticket for OSL well in advance, and wasn't sure if I'd be able to get the time off work or not. Was able to get just Friday off and found a super cheap flight and hotel. Went up Friday morning, had a blast at the festival, flew out first thing Saturday and was at work in Long Beach by 10am that morning.

Needless to say, I'm hoping to extend my visits a little more in the future. :)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    when i lived in toledo, i drove to columbus and detroit to see them

since relocating to chicagoland, i have seen them at bonnaroo (600 mile drive), chicago, and philly (flew) and will be going to indy (couple hundred mile drive)

i had to go to philly because it was going to be an awesome show....and they were (3 & 4).

i don't have an issue with tickets

what was the other question.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Ok, this is probably not the same as what you are asking, but what I've done a few times now is let PJ (or just EV) dictate where my next mini-vacation is. Almost eerily I've had the idea to go visit a friend in CA and just then Eddie announced his tour there so it was like synchronicity to put the whole fun trip in motion. I've also done that with Chicago for the fanclub show, Toronto (though that is closer to me in PA) and this time around it is NYC. I've also seen them at the Point in Dublin, but that doesn't actually count as I was living in Ireland at the time anyway. But if I was able to take a trip to europe during the time of a concert there I'd totally do it.

Eddie Vedder is my travel agent.
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    Always see them no matter what.
    Seen them every tour at least three times each since 2000.
    Furthest I traveled.... From new York to seattle this past September.

Going to both MSG and Hartford
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • From Newfoundland, have lots of flyer miles and car/train/bus miles built up and I don't want to know how much cash, but I obviously wouldn't do it if I didn't think it was worth every penny.

2003 Flew across Canada St. John's, NF to Vancouver, BC
    --- Rented car & drove 12 hrs to Montana for first show
    --- Drive back to Vancouver for show 2 days later

2005 Flew NF to Montreal for show
    --- Train to Ottawa next show
    --- Bus to Toronto another one
    --- Fly back to NF for 2 more

2006 Fly to Boston for 2
    --- Drove to Camden for 2

2008 Fly across Canada again for two EV shows

2010 Already on vacation in Florida
    --- flying mid vacation to Cleveland
    --- bus to Buffalo for show
    --- back to Florida for rest of vacation then back to east coast Canada.