MSG Hotel -- Priceline Wins

Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Sorry, I can't find the old thread on this and wanted to get the info out ASAP --

I just got The Roosevelt in Midtown East for May 20th with a $90 bid.

I chose two stars in Midtown East area and was upgraded to this 3.5*

http://www.theroosevelthotel.com/
"They said ... timing was everything
made him ... want to be everywhere
there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    For those of you using Priceline or Hotwire bidding...check out this site...should give you some great clues as to which hotel you're bidding on!! :)

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=3
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    90 is GREAT, thats a nice hotel too, great location.
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    KO282453 wrote:

Glad to hear it, thanks. Came to $115 including everything.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Back in '08 the best I could do for NYC 3 star was $150. $90 is fantastic for 3.5 stars.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

Glad to hear it, thanks. Came to $115 including everything.

Wow, with my luck I'll plug in 3 stars $90. and i'll get a night at Jimmy's Crack Den. Free spoon with any purchase.
  • pumpkinheadpumpkinhead Posts: 570
    Thanks for reposting this thread. It got me off my ass and got me searching. Your deal was off the table but I found another thru priceline. www.wellingonhotel.com got a room for $125.00 a night. Located in Central Park South.
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Sorry, I can't find the old thread on this and wanted to get the info out ASAP --

2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Ryan_WFC wrote:

Wow! That's great!

I'll be using Priceline to book a hotel. Since it's a long weekend here and I've never been to NYC, I'm staying the entire weekend to be a tourist. Does anybody know if it makes a difference in price (per night) when booking multiple days vs. one night through Priceline?
  • just a word of warning for those looking for hotels in nyc...please, please check on tripadvisor or similar and search hotel under consideration for 'bedbugs'...
    sad truth is many hotels, even nice ones, now have them in NY. if nothing else check your bed and room before - if you want more tips on this happy to provide.
    you don't want to take them home.
    trust me :shock:
    as a rule now i always warn anyone i know who may not be aware of this issue, especially when traveling to big cities- it does not hurt to be informed.
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    just a word of warning for those looking for hotels in nyc...please, please check on tripadvisor or similar and search hotel under consideration for 'bedbugs'...
    sad truth is many hotels, even nice ones, now have them in NY. if nothing else check your bed and room before - if you want more tips on this happy to provide.
    you don't want to take them home.
    trust me :shock:
    as a rule now i always warn anyone i know who may not be aware of this issue, especially when traveling to big cities- it does not hurt to be informed.

Here's a good website: http://bedbugregistry.com/
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Ryan_WFC wrote:

This just worked for $91. BUT DO NOT ENTER TWO STARS LIKE OP. Enter 3.5.

only Thursday will work though. After I got this for $91, I tried same area for friday and saturday for $131 and got nada.

Here is the sum of it all....

It is my belief that if you do this, you will get a room at the Roosevelt for about $120 TOTAL for Thursday. There is no better deal around for this night. So, if inclined, give it a try and worry about any other nights on a second token.
  • I don't know what it goes for these days, but in '03 I stayed at the Hotel Metro. Walking distance to the Garden if I recall. Cool little place. I think it was $130 a night back then though, so who knows in 2010.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
    I would love to hear some wins for Friday and Saturday...

I tried a 3.5 star for Friday Saturday at $131 in Midtown East, Times Square, MSG Area and got nada. Still can't beat $100 tax included for A thurday only at the Roosevelt.
  • Just tried this but no go. Bummer, looks like the OP got a hell of a deal.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    3.5 star, midtown east, Friday and Saturday May 21 and 22. Bid $141

got this

http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenn ... 4176207214
  • Wish I saw this earlier. I've got reservations at the Sheraton New York, $440 for both nights. The Sheraton Times Square / Midtown / Manhattan whatever they call it was also right around that price.
    priceline_shatner.jpg
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    priceline_shatner.jpg

DEFINITELY go with Shatty's results. And http://www.tripadvisor.com has some VERY interesting reviews on hotels! :shock:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    woot
  • For the more financially equiped, here is something I found a couple days ago. Starwoods resorts own the Westin, Sheraton, the W and some others. Here is a link to 25% off. Still pricey for most locations, but 20% off helps a bit.

http://intransit.blogs.nytimes.com/2010 ... od-hotels/
    Gorge
  • phungiphungi Posts: 641
    For the more financially equiped, here is something I found a couple days ago. Starwoods resorts own the Westin, Sheraton, the W and some others. Here is a link to 25% off. Still pricey for most locations, but 20% off helps a bit.

thanks for posting this... I booked a room at the W Tuscany for less than the group rate deal at the Wyndham... much nicer than I need but I am bringing phungal to night 2...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    phungi wrote:
    For the more financially equiped, here is something I found a couple days ago. Starwoods resorts own the Westin, Sheraton, the W and some others. Here is a link to 25% off. Still pricey for most locations, but 20% off helps a bit.

thanks for posting this... I booked a room at the W Tuscany for less than the group rate deal at the Wyndham... much nicer than I need but I am bringing phungal to night 2...

NICE!
    there ARE many great deals to be had at really nice hotels in manhattan. i'm a native so have never stayed at a hotel here, but i know of many, many friends who have scored awesome deals at amazing, beautiful places! you've got PLENTY of time before may, so don't jump the gun.....stick to your area and price, and keep firing away at priceline.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• phungiphungi Posts: 641
    a friend who lives in North Jersey and travels to NYC frequently told me to wait until Thursday morning to Priceline a room for Thursday night...she said there are always 4-star rooms to be had in the $100-range...

NYC does not run out of rooms on a Thursday night, so I am going to wait and off-set my Friday night room with a discount on Thursday
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • phungi wrote:

Yeah, many of those rates are better than the group rate at Wyndham and are not that much more than what you would pay through Priceline. I'm trying Priceline out, but once it reaches a certain point, I think I'm going to go with the certainty of one of those hotels.
    phungi wrote:
    a friend who lives in North Jersey and travels to NYC frequently told me to wait until Thursday morning to Priceline a room for Thursday night...she said there are always 4-star rooms to be had in the $100-range... NYC does not run out of rooms on a Thursday night, so I am going to wait and off-set my Friday night room with a discount on Thursday

I wish I could do that, but it's cutting it waaay too close for me. :lol:
  • If the post helped one person it was worth it! Glad you could take advantage.

:thumbup:
    Gorge
  • As of right now I've tried pretty much every combination for 3.5 stars with bids up to $100 and have not received any accepted bids.

I also tried 3.5 star in Midtown East with a bid of $110, again no luck. (looks like the OP jumped on this at the right time).

Has anyone else been trying anything? If so, post your results so we all have an idea where the bids are at.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    priceline_shatner.jpg
    i love this guy..he rocks!!!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • As of right now I've tried pretty much every combination for 3.5 stars with bids up to $100 and have not received any accepted bids.

I also tried 3.5 star in Midtown East with a bid of $110, again no luck. (looks like the OP jumped on this at the right time).

Has anyone else been trying anything? If so, post your results so we all have an idea where the bids are at.

I've bid up to $120 to no avail.

Beer Baron mentioned that he's had to bid $150 for NYC in the past. :problem:

Perhaps I should look into staying in New Jersey. :eh:
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    If you don't want to putz around with price line, you can always just try this. I got a 3.5 star @ $170 per night today,not great but not too bad for NYC.

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/new-york-hotels/
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • SprockeTeeSprockeTee Posts: 108
    not to bash priceline but this seems like a lengthy tedious process... you can get a room at the new yorker for $199 directly through ramada's website - the same as priceline.

and on the other side of things - i booked my room at the new yorker using my Pitt Alumni discount for $15 more and i dont have to putz around with priceline or pay for it until i actually show up to see what i get. just thought i'd throw that out there - perhaps there's other folks out there who are members of a club of some sort that has partnered to offer hotel discounts & you just forgot - cause i sure as hell did. definitely worth it.

and if you saw my other post about booking at the laquinta - i cancelled it since this hotel was more conducive to what we needed. so yes - that means there's a $180/night hotel room free for the taking at a place that's been said to be decent by other members of the board. hope that helps too!
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Ive done Madison Square Garden - Convention Area 3-Star for $137 with no luck.