pj spreadsheet

Comments

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    msjpearson wrote:
    Is there a website that tracks concert stats? I'm also a DMB fan, and there is a fan site (http://www.antsmarching.org) that allows you to input the shows you have been to, and it tells you how many times you have seen each song, which songs you have seen broken down by album, guests seen, rarest songs, rarest shows, etc. It really is an interesting feature. Anything similar in the PJ community?

TSIS used to have that but it went :cry:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    I dont know why I didnt use Excel..i just made a list in Word and color coded it to what I've seen\not seen.
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • IndySarahIndySarah Posts: 42
    I have one I did in Google Docs, but I was just thinking today before reading the thread that I needed to incorporate songs per album that I haven't seen yet. I also list all covers that I've seen.
    "You look like you'd be sticky" --

Indianapolis 1998, Indianapolis 2000, Alpine 2003, Indianapolis 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, St Louis 2004, Kitchener 2005, London 2005, Hamilton 2005, Chicago I 2006, Grand Rapids 2006, Cleveland 2006, Cincinnati 2006 The Vic 2007, Lollapalooza 2007, Chicago I and II 2009
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    it just occurred to me to make the openers BOLD and the closing songs BOLD ITALIC. Why didn't I think of that sooner? My spreadsheet is a geeky thing of beauty. :ugeek: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I am a total PJ nerd. I created an excell file that has all my info:
    -First tab has every PJ show/apperance/broadcast, with the date-location-venue, then 3 check boxes with CD-DVD-attended, at the bottom I have an auto sum so I know how may bootlegs I have and how may shows I have attended. I also put in a text box for each show so when you put the arrow over it, a pop-up box gives the show information (setlist, show info, highlights)
    -Second tab has bootleg shows I need
    -Third tab shows songs I have heard live, number of times, and how many songs I need to finish an album.

Now you can all give me the :roll:, but I have all my info organized. ( I have no life, but I'm organized) ;)
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Here is a screen shot of mine.

http://www.nathanwilds.com/ss.jpg
  • Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books Posts: 2,672
    I started working on mines a few months back, but I never got around to finishing it- I would say its still in the works....
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Let's ratchet up the nerdom a little, kiddies:

I never had a spreadsheet for this. I had an Access database. I have since moved it to a MySQL database with a PHP front end on teh interwebs. It keeps track of all my shows, where they were at, the show posters, the openers, my show companions, and of course, which songs were played when. :)

It's still a work in progress (that work has not progressed on in a few months), but i love it.

And no, you can't see it. :)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Yeah I made one up too...

Thinking about copying all the concerts in so that all could benefit... In excel and yes it has macros :shock: (which compile missing songs and stats on each viewing :ugeek: )

Plus it has graphs :mrgreen:
    Only PJ songs, no covers...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • hookemhookem Posts: 245
    I've got one of those. Here's my stats summary...

Pearl Jam Tour Stats through 11/01/2009
    Concerts 45
    Songs 1220
    Unique Songs 195
    States 15
    Countries 2

Albums Tracks Seen Live Missing
    (Only considering songs that have been played at least once)
    Ten ALL None
    .vs ALL None
    Vitalogy ALL None
    No Code ALL None
    Yield ALL None
    Binaural ALL None
    Riot Act 14 of 15 Help Help
    Pearl Jam ALL None
    Backspacer ALL None
    Lost Dogs 22 of 30 Dirty Frank, Let Me Sleep
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    alright fellow nerds.... anyone ever make a spreadsheet to list songs you have and haven't heard live??? care to share?
    I have, and I'm a genius with excel so my spreadsheet is really nice and tight....tell me how to upload it here and i will
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
    Let's ratchet up the nerdom a little, kiddies:

I never had a spreadsheet for this. I had an Access database. I have since moved it to a MySQL database with a PHP front end on teh interwebs. It keeps track of all my shows, where they were at, the show posters, the openers, my show companions, and of course, which songs were played when. :)

sounds awesome.....even if I have no fucking idea what you're talking about! :lol::lol:
    Wilds wrote:
    Here is a screen shot of mine.

http://www.nathanwilds.com/ss.jpg

DB? JB? DG? NW? :wtf:
    Yeah I made one up too...

Thinking about copying all the concerts in so that all could benefit... In excel and yes it has macros :shock: (which compile missing songs and stats on each viewing :ugeek: )

Plus it has graphs :mrgreen:
    Only PJ songs, no covers...

share that mofo!!!! :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    I am really glad I saw this post. I had kept a file in Microsoft Works back in the day, that I think was updated through my last show in 2007, but I had been thinking just over the past few days how I should update it or move it over to Word now that I have Office. But, spreadsheet makes more sense, and I got some good ideas on how to do it from reading through these posts, so I am starting my Spreadsheet file now. With 2-3 shows coming up in only 3 weeks, I need to get this thing nice and updated and ready to have some additions.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • phungiphungi Posts: 641
    I went with a simple spreadsheet, in which I check off songs after each concert (linkety link)...

never thought of using a more complex method, but am interested in seeing more examples
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
    If someone helps me load mine excel spreadsheet I will do it. You just have to tell me how to do it. My spreadsheet is a good template for anyone that wants to copy it. It has all the albums and songs off the albums. All you have to do is add shows and check off the songs you saw at what show and it adds up your statists and even graphs it for you automatically. Just help me get it up here
    If someone helps me load mine excel spreadsheet I will do it. You just have to tell me how to do it. My spreadsheet is a good template for anyone that wants to copy it. It has all the albums and songs off the albums. All you have to do is add shows and check off the songs you saw at what show and it adds up your statists and even graphs it for you automatically. Just help me get it up here

do you know how to upload a screenshot to photobucket like the guy above? That's not a working template, but it is a good way to share. I'll do mine too.....but I forget how to take a screenshot on my mac. :lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    You guys are excel amatures! :)

Across the top rows:
    Show # (PJ or EV Solo)
    Date
    City
    Opening Act
    # Songs played (auto count)
    Any trilogies played?

Down the first columns:
    All albums in release order, including lost dogs, “other” like leatherman, In to the wild, and covers. Songs I haven’t heard are red, songs they haven’t played are greyed out, all of this is based on conditional formatting. The sheet auto counts how many times I have heard a song total, and broken down in to: Normal, Redux (Garden, In my tree), acoustic, incomplete, as a tag, EV Solo, or during a pre-set. I easily know how many times, and how many ways I have heard a song. (For example, I have heard WMA 3 times as a tag and 3 times as a full song) Adding a new show only takes about a minute. All I have to do is put the single letter code in for how I heard the song. Most of the time, it is just an "X" for a regular playing of the song.

I'm dying to figure out a reason to put a macro in the sheet, I just can't think of a need. I'd love to hear some other cool ideas for my sheet!
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    If someone helps me load mine excel spreadsheet I will do it.
    Just upload it here http://www.2shared.com/ and it will give you a download link.

imalive wrote:
    I'll do mine too.....but I forget how to take a screenshot on my mac. :lol::lol:

Command + shift + 3
    (or + 4 to select)
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
    edited April 2010
    mavi wrote:
    If someone helps me load mine excel spreadsheet I will do it.
    Just upload it here http://www.2shared.com/ and it will give you a download link.

imalive wrote:
    I'll do mine too.....but I forget how to take a screenshot on my mac. :lol::lol:

Command + shift + 3
    (or + 4 to select)
    not only is she pretty but she is also helpful too! thank you!
    Post edited by Grandmas Jam on
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    edited April 2010
    FrankieG wrote:
    I got one. Used excel. Listed all songs by album in column A. Listed concerts across row A. Put numbers for which song was played in what order for which concert. Got a tally of the total number of times i heard each song live. listed covers and non-album songs under Backspacer. Takes a decent amount of time, but it came out good. :D

:mrgreen:
    nope.
    but i DO have a spreadsheet of all my shows, dates, venues and seat #s or GA.
    also have one for my posters, where purchased, who from - if applicable, cost, if framed, that cost - total cost per poster, and average cost. the songs tho, too much work for me. ;)

:lol:

MG79478 wrote:
    You guys are excel amatures! :)

Across the top rows:
    Show # (PJ or EV Solo)
    Date
    City
    Opening Act
    # Songs played (auto count)
    Any trilogies played?

Down the first columns:
    All albums in release order, including lost dogs, “other” like leatherman, In to the wild, and covers. Songs I haven’t heard are red, songs they haven’t played are greyed out, all of this is based on conditional formatting. The sheet auto counts how many times I have heard a song total, and broken down in to: Normal, Redux (Garden, In my tree), acoustic, incomplete, as a tag, EV Solo, or during a pre-set. I easily know how many times, and how many ways I have heard a song. (For example, I have heard WMA 3 times as a tag and 3 times as a full song) Adding a new show only takes about a minute. All I have to do is put the single letter code in for how I heard the song. Most of the time, it is just an "X" for a regular playing of the song.

I'm dying to figure out a reason to put a macro in the sheet, I just can't think of a need. I'd love to hear some other cool ideas for my sheet!

:shock:

yes, total amateur. i would have no idea how to do that. then again, i was an art major. :lol: it's amazing i know what i do know about excel. haha.
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    so nice to see the fellow dorks not afraid to admit to and discuss this!
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
    http://www.2shared.com/file/12684155/6f ... _Live.html there she is, bu you gotta download it....its the best spreadsheet out there hands down
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    I've got a bunch....I'll admit to being a nerd!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    phungi wrote:
    I went with a simple spreadsheet, in which I check off songs after each concert (linkety link)...

never thought of using a more complex method, but am interested in seeing more examples

Ohhh I really like this!! Nice job!!!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    yes, total amateur. i would have no idea how to do that. then again, i was an art major. :lol: it's amazing i know what i do know about excel. haha.

I'm an engineer, surprise surprise!
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    not only is she pretty but she is also helpful too! thank you!

Why, thank you :oops: :)

And nice spreadsheet!!
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Course I have a spreadsheet listing all the songs I've seen live and how many times... all the cool kids do! :lol:

I did mine after Philly last year... it took a while, I'm rather anal about spreadsheets and formatting, lol.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • jked3jked3 Posts: 171
    I started one after hearing that other people actually do it...then it became very tedious and time consuming and I realized that multiplying matricies for my reinforced concrete structural analysis and design course in college was much easier...I'll get back to it after the upcoming shows :D
    Columbia 96/98;Randall's Island 96;Tibetan Freedom 97;Late Show 98;Camden 98/00/03/06/08;E Rutherford 98/06;MSG 98/03/08;VF Choice (DC) 98;Uniondale 03;State College 03;Holmdel 03;VF Change (Reading) 04;AC 05;Philly 05; Lolla 07.....[EV Newark 08]
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Of course I do. It's just a simple excel one though, with each song from every concert we've been to. Easy reference, but nothing that would mean anything to anyone else. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."